Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

Well, its not like they booed him the whole time. I don't mind a little booing after what he did. Isn't it fans way of letting him know they aren't happy with him? If they boo him every game, then thats not done yes.
After what he did? For feck sake

Walters_19_MuFc

Well, its not like they booed him the whole time. I don't mind a little booing after what he did. Isn't it fans way of letting him know they aren't happy with him? If they boo him every game, then thats not done yes.
No player means to give away a penalty, just like no one means to miss a one vs one. It happens.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Thought the fans got it right. A little bit of booing to let him know he's a prick, then hope he doesn't feck up again.

Ixion

People pay a lot of money for tickets, if they want to boo they can boo.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What he did? He made a mistake at worst. If you booed everytime someone fecked up it would be ridiculous and cnutish.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I really don't like to see that happen to a player. I know he hasn't been what we want but he's still about to come on the pitch and put the effort in for us, he might mess up but he always tries for us.

He's not trying to make mistakes on purpose.

OB

After what he did? For feck sake
What he did? He made a mistake at worst. If you booed everytime someone fecked up it would be ridiculous and cnutish.
That didn't come out right. I didn't mean he did it intentionally. But yea the fans haven't been happy with his performances. So a little booing. I don't mind it. He wasn't booed at every touch of the ball or anything. And i don't think he will be booed the next game either.

Kag

It's not particularly admirable but, ultimately, it's an involuntary reaction to what many people are seeing. He started warming up and that puts fear into the supporters. Like it or not, it's how they feel.

dichinero

We pay not to boo our own player though.
At the end of the day, fee payers are entitled to their opinions and it doesn't make them less passionate than those that don't boo. It's down to the player to try to be unaffected by it. Posters having a go a fans that boo is equally as ridiculous.

Maccaa

Oh my. How are people even condoning this. Instead of boo'ing one of our own how about get behind the team. It's annoying how people will sit there all match and not get behind the team but instead sit there moaning all match and then go to the extreme of boo'ing one of our own players. What's the point in filling the ground with that negativity when we're only 1-0 up. Some of our fans can't handle us not being the top team anymore and it's embarrassing. They should give their tickets to people who would be happy to be there and support the team they love.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I really don't like to see that happen to a player. I know he hasn't been what we want but he's still about to come on the pitch and put the effort in for us, he might mess up but he always tries for us.

He's not trying to make mistakes on purpose.
I agree with this sentiment, yet I also feel there's a line between being supportive of a struggling player, and lowering the standards expected of a United player lest people take the piss and collect their millions of pounds of wages every year.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's completely counter productive. Doesn't surprise me. Probably the same set of morons that booed Nani.

Tyrion

At the end of the day, fee payers are entitled to their opinions and it doesn't make them less passionate than those that don't boo. It's down to the player to try to be unaffected by it. Posters having a go a fans that boo is equally as ridiculous.
It's really not. Fellaini wasn't trying to give away a penalty. The fans did intend to boo.

diarm

Booing during the warm up, in my opinion, is directed more at the manager and the fans making it clear to him thay they don't want the player brought on. I can understand this and sympathise because there really is no other way the fans can communicate this seemingly obvious message to the bench.

Booing him as he enters the field isn't really on to be honest. At that stage you aren't going to change the managers mind and booing him is counter productive.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't get the booing. OT was very quiet (maybe, tense), today. We barely ever boo opposition players (albeit, we did do so to Rose), yet freely boo Fellaini. Ridiculous.

mu4c_20le

I don't get the booing. OT was very quiet (maybe, tense), today. We barely ever boo opposition players (albeit, we did do so to Rose), yet freely boo Fellaini. Ridiculous.
What he did the other day was ridiculous. What happened today wasn't very nice, but it is what it is, and these are paying fans so they have the right to make their frustrations heard. Im sure they wont do it every time.

Man-United

Out of order too boo our own player at OT.

Boo the team all you want at FT when it's bad, but not single out players.

dichinero

It's really not. Fellaini wasn't trying to give away a penalty. The fans did intend to boo.
I doubt the booing was down to one incident rather as a collective number of incidents. This is the third time that Fellaini has been booed of OT so it gives you an indication on how fans see him, and I don't think the previous ones had anything to do with a penalty. The boos could easily be of making their feelings heard to the managers. Booing is not abuse!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What he did the other day was ridiculous. What happened today wasn't very nice, but it is what it is, and these are paying fans so they have the right to make their frustrations heard. Im sure they wont do it every time.
What about the rubbish effort from Marcus Rashford against Arsenal? Why wasn't he booed?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fun thing is though that had it been any other player at our club bar the usual suspects, e.g. Herrera, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, that got boo'd, same ol' usual shitposters in this thread wouldn't be as forgiving and understanding to those who boo. It no longer would be 'payers' right' or 'voicing one's discontent'.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I doubt the booing was down to one incident rather as a collective number of incidents. This is the third time that Fellaini has been booed of OT so it gives you an indication on how fans see him, and I don't think the previous ones had anything to do with a penalty. The boos could easily be of making their feelings heard to the managers. Booing is not abuse!
It's clearly because of the penalty this time

It's a real shame. Although he would never be my first choice I was really impressed with his early season performances when he started

He is always gash coming on as a sub

mu4c_20le

What about the rubbish effort from Marcus Rashford against Arsenal? Why wasn't he booed?
Well Marcus didn't come on and literally drop points. I feel like the fans have been frustrated with him all season, and it reached a boiling point that day, same thing on the caf. He gets criticized but he really, really pissed people off with that foul.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fun thing is though that had it been any other player at our club bar the usual suspects, e.g. Herrera, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, that got boo'd, same ol' usual shitposters in this thread wouldn't be as forgiving and understanding to those who boo. It no longer wouldn't be 'payers' right' or 'voicing one's discontent'.
Precisely.

I love how most of them try to pretend they are unbiased and tell it as they see it.

Ixion

Fun thing is though that had it been any other player at our club bar the usual suspects, e.g. Herrera, Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, that got boo'd, same ol' usual shitposters in this thread wouldn't be as forgiving and understanding to those who boo. It no longer wouldn't be 'payers' right' or 'voicing one's discontent'.
None of those players would have gotten booed for giving the penalty away last week.

There's a reason Fellaini did and it's not just because everyone in OT are arseholes who want to bully him.

Kostur

海尔的老板
None of those players would have gotten booed for giving the penalty away last week.

There's a reason Fellaini did and it's not just because everyone in OT are arseholes who want to bully him.
No, not everybody booed so definitely not everybody's an arsehole there, precisely as you put it.

Mike09

You are going to be bloody kidding right? No one here say that they are less passionate, the fans just need to grow up a little bit here. The boo hasn't changed anything for four seasons and three managers still played him. I think your post is clearly deserved more for a boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.