g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marouane Fellaini image 27

Marouane Fellaini Belgium flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

The more I look at that pen the more I'm amazed at the sheer stupidity of that tackle. So there's Gana in a situation which isn't dangerous at all, trying to control the ball. Our defense is in a good position and all Fellaini has to do is stand in front of Gana and make sure he doesn't shoot. But no, he lunges in like a bull and takes him down.
It took him 44 seconds on the pitch to do it. Gana looked for it, sure, but Fellaini gave him a perfect opportunity...
Manager throws you in to see out the game and you manage to cost your team 3 points..
I'm certain that the second Fellaini came on the Everton plan was get in and around him and he'll do something fecking stupid.

If I was an opposition manager I'd definitely be telling my players to target Fellaini.

red4ever 79

18 months left. No way this p*ss sting piece of afro cheese will be kept on. If he is offered a renewal then I expect Woodward to resign

Stacks

Rather
Its an obvious case of trying to appear cleverer than you are to deny the obvious fact United has not kept a clean sheet in any of its 6 games prior to facing Everton and have not scored more than a goal in the league since beating Swansea. Anyone who thinks we were set to win the game, given the number of points we've been giving away in the last 10 minutes of games, the fact we haven't been keeping clean sheets, the fact scoring only one goal has come back to bite us over 5 times, and actually believe only Fellaini clumsyness costs us the 2 points, yet Everton were even in the ascendency and were forcing top saves from De Gea, has not being paying any real attention to United this season. The Fellaini hate fest is simply one huge red herring and ignores our real issue. Repeated failure to kill off opponents with goals when it matters most. We shouldn't have been having to hang on to one goal away to an Everton side that has been in awful form.
Very fair points. Removing Fellaini won't solve all our problems. Before Rooney was the problem, then Pogba, then Zlatan and now Fellaini. Basically it is a collective issue, one that I do not have the answer to

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the current manager wants him to extend his contract, Woodward should have no choice but to try and do the best deal for the club/player and to sign the contract.

A World in which Woodward makes the decisions to tell a manager "no, he's not good enough" is a fecking horrible one.
Well they have the final say on transfers, plenty of them have vetoed signings before. Obviously it wouldn't be an ideal situation, but if Woodward thought paying out millions on a new contract for Fellaini was a stupid idea, why should he push that forward? He is the money man after all.

Well they have the final say on transfers, plenty of them have vetoed signings before. Obviously it wouldn't be an ideal situation, but if Woodward thought paying out millions on a new contract for Fellaini was a stupid idea, why should he push that forward? He is the money man after all.
You must be fecking kidding me right @Adam-Utd ?

Footballing decisions are absolutely NOT Woodwards job, he should hire a DOF if he doesn't believe in his manager.

Name Changed

weso26
I doubt Keane said that as he did defend Fellaini before after he became the scapegoat for many bad performances.

Saying that, I'd have Schweinsteiger in the team over Fellaini any day of the week. Fellaini cannot play in midfield. He can't pass, can't run, can't tackle. The only thing he is good at is chesting the ball down.

Anyway, I'm hoping that losing us those 2 points will be the end of Fellaini. I'm praying that Sunderland will waste more of their money on one of our shite players.

Kaos

I do pity him since he's asked to do something he's evidently not very good at, but I can't help but resent him, namely because he serves a symbolic reminder of our downfall and lowering of standards.

The day he finally buggers off would be a happy day for me, even if probably won't immediately fix anything.

Ram1fy

I do pity him since he's asked to do something he's evidently not very good at, but I can't help but resent him, namely because he serves a symbolic reminder of our downfall and lowering of standards.

The day he finally buggers off would be a happy day for me, even if probably won't immediately fix anything.
Couldn't have said it any better. He is like a bad luck tree (sorry for the pun)

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Rather
Its an obvious case of trying to appear cleverer than you are to deny the obvious fact United has not kept a clean sheet in any of its 6 games prior to facing Everton and have not scored more than a goal in the league since beating Swansea. Anyone who thinks we were set to win the game, given the number of points we've been giving away in the last 10 minutes of games, the fact we haven't been keeping clean sheets, the fact scoring only one goal has come back to bite us over 5 times, and actually believe only Fellaini clumsyness costs us the 2 points, yet Everton were even in the ascendency and were forcing top saves from De Gea, has not being paying any real attention to United this season. The Fellaini hate fest is simply one huge red herring and ignores our real issue. Repeated failure to kill off opponents with goals when it matters most. We shouldn't have been having to hang on to one goal away to an Everton side that has been in awful form.
I'd agree with anyone who says both our failure to score goals to finish off opponents AND Fellaini's to blame for the dropped points but I won't agree with anyone who absolves him of any blame.

It's disappointing. In the context of this one single game, it's true that our problem in finishing off opponents is still there, but we could have gotten 3 important points despite that fact and work on that problem from there.

Mike09

Fellaini is obviously not good enough for United but at least he always gave 100% on the pitch unlike some other players who aren't good enough and never give 100%. Got abused by the fans but still playing without moaning. The penalty was silly from him. He was clumsy, I think the referee was giving the penalty a bit too harsh since the ball was there to be won, but Fellaini shouldn't make challenge like that in the box because the opposition player clearly was looking for a penalty. The reason we drew not because of Fellaini but because the whole team or manager decided to sit back to defend the 1-0 lead for more than 20 min, as a result we had to pay the price which is losing 2 point.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Fellaini is obviously not good enough for United but at least he always gave 100% on the pitch unlike some other players who aren't good enough and never give 100%. Got abused by the fans but still playing without moaning. The penalty was silly from him. He was clumsy, I think the referee was giving the penalty a bit too harsh since the ball was there to be won, but Fellaini shouldn't make challenge like that in the box because the opposition player clearly was looking for a penalty. The reason we drew not because of Fellaini but because the whole team or manager decided to sit back to defend the 1-0 lead for more than 20 min, as a result we had to pay the price which is losing 2 point.
Is this really true? When he's in the mood he'll sometimes put in a lot of effort but there have been plenty of matches in his time here where he's lumbered around in midfield out of position without bothering to track back etc. He's not really all that much less prone to laziness than most of the people around him, to be honest. Such a perception probably partly comes from his status as a hard tackling big man.

Mike09

Is this really true? When he's in the mood he'll sometimes put in a lot of effort but there have been plenty of matches in his time here where he's lumbered around in midfield out of position without bothering to track back etc. He's not really all that much less prone to laziness than most of the people around him, to be honest. Such a perception probably partly comes from his status as a hard tackling big man.
It depends though. If he was playing advanced role as a no10 why would he need to bother to track back?

Ekeke

While its true that most sensible people can see that he's not a defensive minded, or holding player who is going to be drawn into such areas as the one leading to the penalty... Managers do keep using him there. And he's played there an awful lot now.

So it does beg the question, shouldn't he be better at it by now? Regardless of whether it particularly suits him, or if he'll ever be perfect there. Surely at this point he has improved to get by in that role. But no, he's still falling short of even that and making the most basic of mistakes. An inability to learn must be his fault too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It depends though. If he was playing advanced role as a no10 why would he need to bother to track back?
He generally plays in midfield most of the time, though. Either way I'm not sure his workrate is always all that much better than the rest of the team.

Mike09

He generally plays in midfield most of the time, though. Either way I'm not sure his workrate is always all that much better than the rest of the team.
You don't think no10 is a midfield? I never say his work rate is always better than the rest of the team, I said he always give 100% unlike "some" other players who aren't good enough and never give 100%.

JoaquinJoaquin

In the squad for tomorrow's game. Looks like the people who thought that Jose was just going to suddenly discard of him after Sunday are wrong unfortunately.

stevoc

In the squad for tomorrow's game. Looks like the people who thought that Jose was just going to suddenly discard of him after Sunday are wrong unfortunately.
One howler was never likely to end his career here. But compared to the start of the season he's slipping further and further down the pecking order.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'd agree with anyone who says both our failure to score goals to finish off opponents AND Fellaini's to blame for the dropped points but I won't agree with anyone who absolves him of any blame.

It's disappointing. In the context of this one single game, it's true that our problem in finishing off opponents is still there, but we could have gotten 3 important points despite that fact and work on that problem from there.
I haven't absolved him of blame. But I won't say he is solely to blame like the vast majority are doing. For that is a truly bullshit notion

Barnslig

It actually kind of infuriates me seing this guy on the pitch wearing the United jersey, I mean he's so incredibly shit at basicly everything, even heading and winning duels I can not for the life of me understand how TFM/Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger can't get a look in. Only plausible explanation is that he's playing so we can get rid in January.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Selling him would be a cathartic, psychological break from mediocrity, at the very least.

It'd also be a massive practical break from it too.

Barnslig

That and the fact he came on and proceeded to immediately lose his man from a set piece who should have scored.
Indeed. Saw that on the bus on my phone and almost threw it on the ground. How can three well respected managers who are all (except maybe Moyes) capable at competing at the very highest level, still have Fellaini in your squad. Are they honestly seing something United supporters as a whole can not for the life of us see?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Selling him would be a cathartic, psychological break from mediocrity, at the very least.
It'd be some of the best business we could do.

People talk about signings as a statement, selling him to Stockport County would be as good a statement as we could make.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The mere sight of him makes me angry.
Same. His "running" alone(or lack of it) shows that he is simply shit player who shouldn't be playing for a club like Manchester United.

We signed so many players I didn't like before they signed for us, and I generally got used to majority of them pretty quickly, but I won't get use to seeing Fellaini even if he stays here for another 5 years. There is simply nothing to like about him.

I hope we forget him in Ukraine like Home Alone(except he is a bad guy here). @Olly

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Another not so great cameo from him so far but tonight shows we should suck up and accept that he is going to be part of match day squads under Mourinho on a regular basis.

Have you guys forgotten Mourinho's response to the first question he was asked about Fellaini as United manager? He basically said 'I called him on phone and assured him that with me you will never leave'. So he is basically Mourinho's Mikel at Man United.

Barnslig

Another not so great cameo from him so far but tonight shows we should suck up and accept that he is going to be part of match day squads under Mourinho on a regular basis.

Have you guys forgotten Mourinho's response to the first question he was asked about Fellaini as United manager? He basically said 'I called him on phone and assured him that with me you will never leave'. So he is basically Mourinho's Mikel at Man United.
Is this true? I have never read any quotes like that before, and I am fairly active at following pressers etc, because that would be absolute horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.