Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

He got forward due to them offering nothing in attack about 20 mins into the game and letting us have the ball. That was what I felt at least. Negredo was isolated in our half meaning literally anyone except Smalling and de gea could go upfront.
He was not a DM though as others pointed out.

Which is weird coz I would think he would play in where ander did and vice versa.

Only thing i could think was it was for tactical reasons like how jose wanted us to have height up front since he got into the box a lot of times especially in the first half. But of course it hardly works when we play like that anyway.

dichinero

and that makes him a proper United player.
By that definition I'm guessing more Newcastle than Manchester. We are not talking about a 19 year old player here. Manchester United squad players operate a higher level than the one you have stated.

prath92

My point is this: If we're playing against a side parking the bus, then picking Fellaini ahead of Mata is unnecessary and lessens the probability of us winning.

I also think playing Fellaini ahead of, for instance, Carrick, Herrera or Pogba when all are available lessens our chances of winning, because he's a much poorer midfielder than them in all those roles.
Yesterday our inability to score had nothing to do with Fellaini though. We had more than enough chances to score but for valdes the post and the ref. Mourinho chose a team to ensure that in case the team ends up not parking the bus we don't end up having a midfield of Pogba and mata partnering herrera defending. As he should

The second point is moot because Fellaini played only because Carrick was unavailable. So there is no chance he would start ahead of them especially now.

Robbie Boy

Yeah anyone with a set of eyes could see that Mata should have started ahead of Fellaini yesterday.

In a game like yesterday which we were clearly going to dominate, playing Fellaini was absolutely pointless. He really needs to move on for his own sake and I think he will this summer.

dichinero

Yesterday our inability to score had nothing to do with Fellaini though. We had more than enough chances to score but for valdes the post and the ref. Mourinho chose a team to ensure that in case the team ends up not parking the bus we don't end up having a midfield of Pogba and mata partnering herrera defending. As he should

The second point is moot because Fellaini played only because Carrick was unavailable. So there is no chance he would start ahead of them especially now.
The point is not that Fellaini was actively trying to score an own goal or cause a penalty but that he doesn't being anything of worth to the team at the moment and whatever attributes such as aerial ability, heading, attacking contribution are just over exaggerated other than his chest control.

Felliani epitomises that low standards that we have set for ourselves. Forget the transfer fee and Moyes, Fellaini is a seasoned professional with at least 10 years of PL experience, plying his trade in at least a top 6 team at any time.

Basically what that means is that other Barry and Carrick, Fellaini is the most experienced PL midfielder in the league of note, at the moment. Our young players and foreign transfers should be able to look to him for guidance and experience. And if all we can say about such a player is that he can chest the ball then we should have a good look at ourselves.

Moreso, neither the player nor any of his previous managers know his position or how to use him. Every interview, he claims that he's best deployed as a #6 but every man and his dog knows that, it's just a rubbish claim. Yet as an auxiliary forward, I'd rather have Andy Carroll to say the least.

The worst of all is that when ever he's in the team, it almost forces the team to play in the most cautious and unimaginative way which is what I believe was the complain of many.

So what does he bring that is so necessary, bearing in mind that only a minute percentage of football is played in the air? Height? We have personel for that. Physicality? Same. With Mata in his place, we had a further option of intricate and incisive passing, a more dynamic play, a better goal threat, better crossing

Last edited:

ManUtd1999

Given the amount of time that he plays, limited contribution and very small damage that he has caused, I think that Fellaini is over-discussed in this board.

See, I know that I like him more than the average poster here. But, I also see THREE different managers who trusted/trust him, some more and some less. Mourinho will likely let Morgan leave this window, but not Fellaini. I wonder why? Maybe because Fellaini gives him some dimension(s) that he doesn't find in other midfielders? Fellaini is not supposed to be a constant starter, and he's not. But in a long season and when the team is playing in four different competitions, sometimes you need the second line. That's why he has started yesterday.

And, speaking of yesterday, we had a goal disallowed when he was on the pitch and we conceded right after he was subbed. What should I conclude of this? Not much, just like you shouldn't make much conclusions of his unfortunate penalty few weeks ago. It happens!

Sylar

The problem is, what is his best position. I keep hearing its behind the striker (and it seemed that way for Everton). But we dont need him there. We have better options at DM, and id rather see TFM used more so than him if anything.
Height was an advantage, but seriously, hes not great at heading, or even jumping when we use that for attack. For defence, we have tall players.
He cant screen that well or move across and read the game like Carrick.

His only good at getting the ball and passing it sideways or backwards, he doesnt pass forward much and thats due to his limit. He cant dribble with the ball, and hes not really a destroyer despite what his reputation might be.

His biggest strength seems to be coming on when were leading by a goal and the opposition are crossing balls into the box (open play or set pieces) to head them away.
And he kinda fudged up the coming on at 1-0 up against Everton due to his clumsiness. And he was really deep due to his lack of pace. Weird stuff now.

Three years ago we struggled with signings and got him. Now, we have better players in pretty much every position and should be looking to move him on.

RedPnutz

I thought by now we should learn to trust that Mourinho knows what he is doing.

With West Ham only 48 hours away we were always going to rotate a part of the team or make sure that players don't get too worn out.

Obviously we went a level up with Mata but for some reason (and I assume the coaches know better) Mata has almost never completed full 90 min, so perhaps Jose was saving his legs.

Fellaini has shown enough quality for a mid-table premier league side and while that is not where Utd want to be, we have always had players of Fellaini's ilk and level in our squads for rotation. He puts in a good shift and there is a reason why the manager trusts him over Schneiderlin and even Bastian at this point.

RedPnutz

But why should we play him? Why give ourselves that handicap? I get that he's, in some matches, not an issue per se, but rather he's completely unnecessary. Against a team shutting up shop he's proved for three seasons he can't do anything.
Because we play west ham in 48 ducking hours. How difficult is it for fans to understand this?

People worry about Carrick's legs but when the manager rotates with Fellaini fans throw their toys out of the pram.

You may argue what about Morgan or Basti, but maybe, just maybe these guys are even showing in training the qualities that Jose requires.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He slows us down in so many ways. The most obvious is his necessity to take 2 or 3 touches before he can pass the ball. The other team has a second or so longer to shift across, mark their man, squeeze up the pitch, get tighter and so on.

Out of possession, he has even less intelligence. He rarely makes the right angle for a pass to help his team mate in possession, he doesn't make runs off the ball to drag his marker out of position.

Watching Pogba and seeing how effortless he finds controlling and moving the football, it is clear to see how far away Fellaini is from being anything close to good enough.

One move from Pogba in the game yesterday, edoge of their box he has his eyes up the whole time, shifts the ball to the left and with the outside of his right foot rolls a through ball to Zlatan and creates a chance. Fellaini could never ever come close to that. I know it's Pogba and Fellaini, but so what? He is so far behind Carrick and Herrera technically as well, it's not even funny.

He has one pass in his locker and it's a a safe side foot pass with his right. If the ball isn't in position, he has to run around the ball, reminiscent to a bus taking a mini roundabout. It's tragic and absolutely detrimental to our football.

Walters_19_MuFc

But why should we play him? Why give ourselves that handicap? I get that he's, in some matches, not an issue per se, but rather he's completely unnecessary. Against a team shutting up shop he's proved for three seasons he can't do anything.
He was put in because Mourinho wanted to stick to a 3 man midfield, and to me, he did what he had to do.

Sylar

We play better football when hes not on the pitch. Im struggling to think of what hes good at or useful for now, except for making up the numbers right now (eg for rotation).
There are others id rather see come on instead of him for pretty much every single circumstance.

Walters_19_MuFc

We play better football when hes not on the pitch. Im struggling to think of what hes good at or useful for now, except for making up the numbers right now (eg for rotation).
There are others id rather see come on instead of him for pretty much every single circumstance.
We were much worse yesterday than we were when Fellaini played the other day, and we were up against 10 men for the majority of the game.

That's not to say we're better when he's on the pitch, but to say what you said, after possibly our worst performance since the Chelsea game, is a bit strange.

stevoc

Mourinho will likely let Morgan leave this window, but not Fellaini. I wonder why?
He puts in a good shift and there is a reason why the manager trusts him over Schneiderlin and even Bastian at this point.
Yep theres a very simple reason for that, Schneiderlin has asked to leave and Fellaini hasn't. And Jose says he won't include players in his plans who might leave in a few weeks.

ti vu

We were much worse yesterday than we were when Fellaini played the other day, and we were up against 10 men for the majority of the game.

That's not to say we're better when he's on the pitch, but to say what you said, after possibly our worst performance since the Chelsea game, is a bit strange.
I keep saying this in various of post, but people seem underestimate the impact of playing 2 games in 3 days. Not a coincidence City, L'pool and us were not at our best today. Recovery takes time and less than 48 hours: traveling, tactical discussion/ light training... reduce that time even further. I am very happy with the performance (! quite comfortable despite not so exciting) given how bad result we got over the year vs West Ham, especially with this kind of fixture.

Sylar

Im talking in general for United, not just based on one game which was played 48 hours after our last one.
Saying that, if were taking the West ham game in question, despite how we were playing, there was at no point that I wanted Fellaini on thinking he would be the difference. At 0-0 against 10 men, the changes that needed to be made, were the ones we saw.
When we went 1-0, I didnt want to see him come on either and we controlled the game well at that point.

Its not to say I hate him, cos I think he gets a lot of flak for trying his hardest. But i just dont think hes good enough for us.

But if were talking about the other day, we were better when he was subbed off than when he was on the pitch ;)

ManUtd1999

Im talking in general for United, not just based on one game which was played 48 hours after our last one.
Saying that, if were taking the West ham game in question, despite how we were playing, there was at no point that I wanted Fellaini on thinking he would be the difference. At 0-0 against 10 men, the changes that needed to be made, were the ones we saw.
When we went 1-0, I didnt want to see him come on either and we controlled the game well at that point.

Its not to say I hate him, cos I think he gets a lot of flak for trying his hardest. But i just dont think hes good enough for us.

But if were talking about the other day, we were better when he was subbed off than when he was on the pitch ;)
We also conceded when he was subbed on Saturday. See, there is always an argument to make.

FahadiHossein

I am not sure how to embed a video and allows it to play automatically. It said that format cannot be supported.
But anyway, do look at this video of Ballack:

I think Jose was expecting a player like him in Felliani. Ballack used to make late runs into the box and score with his head or feet, since he is a really tall man.
A lot of people questioned the decision to play, but I defended Jose's decision because I felt that Jose wanted to use him like 'a striker from midfield'.
I finally found Ballack's goal-scoring videos. Even though Jose only managed Ballack for one season at Chelsea when he was there, I think Jose did want Felliani to be the sort of midfielder Ballack was.

wc18

Yep theres a very simple reason for that, Schneiderlin has asked to leave and Fellaini hasn't. And Jose says he won't include players in his plans who might leave in a few weeks.
Haha wonder why Schneiderlin has asked to leave? Yea because Fellaini has outperformed him every step of the way and kept him out of that backup MF position.

AR87

Haha wonder why Schneiderlin has asked to leave? Yea because Fellaini has outperformed him every step of the way and kept him out of that backup MF position.
Spot on. Fellaini has done enough to at least be considered a viable alternative for 2 very different managers since Moyes left despite the popular belief that both would find him a useless waste of space. Schneiderlin has been found wanting by both of those managers and has had zero meaningful performances in his 18 months at United unlike Fellaini who, no matter how much people wish it weren't so, has made positive contributions to the club during that time.

He's also had painful negative moments for sure, but at least he's had an impact. Schneiderlin's just a ghost who made up the numbers for a period of time without leaving an imprint at any point.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Please sell him the summer, can't take any more of these discussions where other players are continuously called out while Fellaini is considered to be a 'viable alternative'. Last season folks were throwing Ander under the bus to prove how Fellaini wan't the worst midfielder in the squad, as if that's a massive achievement in some of our worst periods over 25+ years - and that's not the level we should maintain as a club.

The lad's not a defensive midfielder in terms of what we need from that position, he's not a box-to-box who'll press and hound à la Herrera, he can't create, he's not mobile when it comes to quick bursts, doesn't score enough goals to outweigh his technical ineptitude on the ball in open play, and he's too undisciplined from a positional sense apart from being inconsistent in terms of decision making in critical defensive areas. Best season as a footballer (ever) came in the 'Gullit' position in a 4-4-1-1 where they defended in banks of 4, and he pressed opposition defensive midfielders from behind before then joining Jelavić/Anichebe up front:

\

We have no use for his primary skillset in a 4-3-3, and you could buy younger, better fits for the positions behind Pogba, Ander, Carrick (someone like Trigueros is lightyears away from a technical standpoint, Keita has ridiculous workrate and pressing range, if you want a tall midfielder buy Goretzka). They all have a greater upside, are better in possession, better quick passers, have greater resale value, and technical appreciation of the game, and could be bought in the £20-25 million range - which is peanuts given United's revenues (especially once we sell the likes of Memphis and Schneiderlin to create room for midfield reinforcement). If you want people who can 'put in a shift', buy someone who actually has the tactical wherewithal and discipline for the role, not someone who thrived in a position that asked him to do the opposite. He'll be 30 next season, and has just 1 year remaining on his current deal - don't let him go on a Bosman after the £30 million+ fee we paid for his talents back in 2013.

wc18

Please sell him the summer, can't take any more of these discussions where other players are continuously called out while Fellaini is considered to be a 'viable alternative'. Last season folks were throwing Ander under the bus to prove how Fellaini wan't the worst midfielder in the squad, as if that's a massive achievement in some of our worst periods over 25+ years - and that's the level we should maintain as a club.

The lad's not a defensive midfielder in terms of what we need from that position, he's not a box-to-box who'll press and hound à la Herrera, he can't create, he's not mobile when it comes to quick bursts, doesn't score enough goals to outweigh his technical ineptitude on the ball in open play, and he's too undisciplined from a positional sense apart from being inconsistent in terms of decision making in critical defensive areas. Best season as a footballer (ever) came in the 'Gullit' position in a 4-4-1-1 where they defended in banks of 4, and he pressed opposition defensive midfielders from behind before then joining Jelavić/Anichebe up front:

\

We have no use for his primarily skillset in a 4-3-3, and you could buy younger, better fits for the positions behind Pogba, Ander, Carrick (someone like Trigueros is lightyears away from a technical standpoint, Keita has ridiculous workrate and pressing range, if you want a tall midfielder buy Goretzka). They all have a greater upside, are better in possession, better quick passers, have greater resale value, and technical appreciation of the game, and could be bought in the £20-25 million range - which is peanuts given United's revenues (especially once we sell the likes of Memphis and Schneiderlin to create room for midfield reinforcement). If you want people who can 'put in a shift', buy someone who actually has the tactical wherewithal and discipline for the role, not someone who thrived in a position that asked him to do the opposite. He'll be 30 next season, and has just 1 year remaining on his current deal - don't let him go on a Bosman after the £30 million+ fee we paid for his talents back in 2013.
Who are these other players that have been "continuously called out"? Seems like that only applies to Fellaini and probably Lingard on this forum.
Anyways, this is an incredibly wordy post to get across the point that you want Fellaini sold, just recycles the same opinions and analysis that have been posted a million times. He's not getting close to the 1st choice midfield 3 of Herrera, Pogba, or Carrick but he's proven himself to the manager to be first choice backup in the MF. Obviously he can perform those jobs better than you give him credit for if two top managers have been convinced. Is he the optimal long term choice? Of course not. Schneiderlin was bought i'm sure to push Fellaini further down the depth chart or out completely but it hasn't worked out like that. As you mention with his contract situation I can't imagine him not being sold this summer. Definitely think 2 midfielders are needed to replace Carrick as a starter and Fellaini as a backup. Will be very interested to see who comes in.

dichinero

Spot on. Fellaini has done enough to at least be considered a viable alternative for 2 very different managers since Moyes left despite the popular belief that both would find him a useless waste of space. Schneiderlin has been found wanting by both of those managers and has had zero meaningful performances in his 18 months at United unlike Fellaini who, no matter how much people wish it weren't so, has made positive contributions to the club during that time.

He's also had painful negative moments for sure, but at least he's had an impact. Schneiderlin's just a ghost who made up the numbers for a period of time without leaving an imprint at any point.
I'd like to know how you came about that conclusion. That a player deployed higher up the pitch who is more likely to be a bigger goal threat has outperformed a player deployed in front of the back four? Maybe you want to put Fellaini in front of the back four and see what happens? How is it that Schneiderlin played way more games than Fellaini last season if you claim that one of the managers found him wanting? How has Fellaini outperformed a player that has not had a single chance and does not occupy the same position? It's like saying that Rashford has outperformed TFM. José is not trying to get rid of Schneiderlin, he himself asked to leave. He has found himself out of favour because he doesn't fit the mould of player that José prefers, simple as. So until he has a run of games, you can't make such a claim that he has provided zero impact this season. Last season, how many bad games can you honestly remember that Schneiderlin was the stand out crap player as opposed to Fellaini? At worst, he wasn't doing anything of note as opposed to dragging the team down. Schneiderlin is 27, and is looking to assert himself in football out of where he's been out of favour whereas Fellaini with all his decade of PL experience is happy to be a plan C player that is hardly effective. I'd like to see how many pl managers will be interested in Fellaini is he was put on sale this instant, compared to Schneiderlin.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Who are these other players that have been "continuously called out"?
Use the search function, son, I'm not your babysitter.

stevoc

Nah not really Fellaini hasn't started a game in Schneiderlins position since August/September since Mourinho realized he's crap there. Carrick and Herrera are keeping Schneiderlin out of the team so i can understand why he wants to leave. Not saying Schneiderlins played well enough to warrant a place but hes not leaving because of Fellaini.

MILLHILLMANC

that there is even a discussion about Fellaini staying and is now 77 pages long is a joke - never ever ever ever good enough for united. That is all. Right let's close down this thread.

stevoc

Please sell him the summer, can't take any more of these discussions where other players are continuously called out while Fellaini is considered to be a 'viable alternative'. Last season folks were throwing Ander under the bus to prove how Fellaini wan't the worst midfielder in the squad, as if that's a massive achievement in some of our worst periods over 25+ years - and that's not the level we should maintain as a club.

\

We have no use for his primary skillset in a 4-3-3, and you could buy younger, better fits for the positions behind Pogba, Ander, Carrick (someone like Trigueros is lightyears away from a technical standpoint, Keita has ridiculous workrate and pressing range, if you want a tall midfielder buy Goretzka). They all have a greater upside, are better in possession, better quick passers, have greater resale value, and technical appreciation of the game, and could be bought in the £20-25 million range - which is peanuts given United's revenues (especially once we sell the likes of Memphis and Schneiderlin to create room for midfield reinforcement). If you want people who can 'put in a shift', buy someone who actually has the tactical wherewithal and discipline for the role, not someone who thrived in a position that asked him to do the opposite. He'll be 30 next season, and has just 1 year remaining on his current deal - don't let him go on a Bosman after the £30 million+ fee we paid for his talents back in 2013.
That about sums up Fellaini in a nutshell. He's currently getting the odd game due to the fact we have shown our best form playing 3 in midfield. And the only other cover in the squad for Carrick, Herrera and Pogba is Schneiderlin who has asked to leave and Schweinsteiger who Mourinho froze out from the start.

kr0nix

Who are these other players that have been "continuously called out"? Seems like that only applies to Fellaini and probably Lingard on this forum.
Anyways, this is an incredibly wordy post to get across the point that you want Fellaini sold, just recycles the same opinions and analysis that have been posted a million times. He's not getting close to the 1st choice midfield 3 of Herrera, Pogba, or Carrick but he's proven himself to the manager to be first choice backup in the MF. Obviously he can perform those jobs better than you give him credit for if two top managers have been convinced. Is he the optimal long term choice? Of course not. Schneiderlin was bought i'm sure to push Fellaini further down the depth chart or out completely but it hasn't worked out like that. As you mention with his contract situation I can't imagine him not being sold this summer. Definitely think 2 midfielders are needed to replace Carrick as a starter and Fellaini as a backup. Will be very interested to see who comes in.
Hardly, most posts just call Fellaini shit and move on to the next thread. He gave 3 credible alternatives to Fellaini that actually do the job he can't do.

wc18

Nah not really Fellaini hasn't started a game in Schneiderlins position since August/September since Mourinho realized he's crap there. Carrick and Herrera are keeping Schneiderlin out of the team so i can understand why he wants to leave. Not saying Schneiderlins played well enough to warrant a place but hes not leaving because of Fellaini.
Yea i was just referring to the start of the season when Fellaini got the nod over Schneiderlin.
Definitely didn't mean to imply that he's leaving solely because of Fellaini, just saying that being behind Fellaini as backup to Herrera and Carrick would have played a part in his decision to leave. Shame really, had really high hopes

stevoc

Yea i was just referring to the start of the season when Fellaini got the nod over Schneiderlin.
Definitely didn't mean to imply that he's leaving solely because of Fellaini, just saying that being behind Fellaini as backup to Herrera and Carrick would have played a part in his decision to leave. Shame really, had really high hopes
Yes at the start of the season Fellaini was preferred that didn't last long thoiugh. But Fellaini is now ahead of Schneiderlin in the pecking order based solely on the fact Schneiderlin is not being considered as he has asked to leave. Mourinho has said if they don't get an acceptable offer for him and he doesn't leave this window then he will be involved again. If Morgan was being considered my bet is he would be playing whenever Carrick needs a rest, as he's probably our best option at DM after Carrick.

Fellaini started last Saturday and was deployed further up the pitch and Herrera was the one sitting. So Mourinho clearly doesn't see Fellaini as a viable option for the deepest midfield position anymore. As the season has went on it seems Carrick is first choice as a DM, Herrera now 2nd choice. Even against Tottenham Jose chose to bring Bailly on as a DM instead of Fellaini who was on the bench.

AR87

That a player deployed higher up the pitch who is more likely to be a bigger goal threat has outperformed a player deployed in front of the back four?
Jose preferred Fellaini to Schneiderlin to play in front of the back 4 to Schneiderlin to start the year. He also preferred to deploy Fellaini in a more advanced midfield role in a 3 with Herrera moving deeper when Carrick was out instead of bringing Schneiderlin in.

How is it that Schneiderlin played way more games than Fellaini last season if you claim that one of the managers found him wanting?
Fellaini was preferred in the business end of the season wasn't he?

Last season, how many bad games can you honestly remember that Schneiderlin was the stand out crap player as opposed to Fellaini?
I can't remember anything Schneiderlin has done. Completely invisible player which has been disappointing because I rated him much more than Fellaini.

dichinero

Jose preferred Fellaini to Schneiderlin to play in front of the back 4 to Schneiderlin to start the year. He also preferred to deploy Fellaini in a more advanced midfield role in a 3 with Herrera moving deeper when Carrick was out instead of bringing Schneiderlin in.
Maybe Schneiderlin wasn't in Jose's thinking from the get go? If a manager doesn't take a shine to a player, it really doesn't matter what the player has or doesn't have to offer. Was Mata a terrible player when José had no interest in him? He wasn't even considered for selection as soon as Mata showed his desire to leave.
Fellaini was preferred in the business end of the season wasn't he?
Business end of the season in what position? Did you expect Schneiderlin to fighting for an advanced forward berth?
I can't remember anything Schneiderlin has done. Completely invisible player which has been disappointing because I rated him much more than Fellaini.
It's easy for that to happen when you place expectations on a player. If you don't see what you want to see, it's easy to ignore everything else the player does. In hindsight, his role under LvG was even more restricted than Herrera, who was regarded as disappointing last season by some fans. There was no way he was going to pull up trees in that position and in the system he played other than simple monotonous football, which is why he played so many games, while he had a solid defensive record, without being in the limelight.

Icemav

That about sums up Fellaini in a nutshell. He's currently getting the odd game due to the fact we have shown our best form playing 3 in midfield. And the only other cover in the squad for Carrick, Herrera and Pogba is Schneiderlin who has asked to leave and Schweinsteiger who Mourinho froze out from the start.
Doesn't get much simpler and clearer than this.

wc18

Yes at the start of the season Fellaini was preferred that didn't last long thoiugh. But Fellaini is now ahead of Schneiderlin in the pecking order based solely on the fact Schneiderlin is not being considered as he has asked to leave. Mourinho has said if they don't get an acceptable offer for him and he doesn't leave this window then he will be involved again. If Morgan was being considered my bet is he would be playing whenever Carrick needs a rest, as he's probably our best option at DM after Carrick.

Fellaini started last Saturday and was deployed further up the pitch and Herrera was the one sitting. So Mourinho clearly doesn't see Fellaini as a viable option for the deepest midfield position anymore. As the season has went on it seems Carrick is first choice as a DM, Herrera now 2nd choice. Even against Tottenham Jose chose to bring Bailly on as a DM instead of Fellaini who was on the bench.
When do you think Schneiderlin put in his request to leave? Based on playing time he must have put it in before the season started as he has played like 20 mins in the premier league all season. It's just not realistic to say that's the sole reason Fellaini is ahead of him because its been that way all season.
It's clear Mourinho doesn't rate him and we will accept a bid for him in this window. We'll see if your predictions on his playing time come true if he ends up staying but there has been nothing this season to indicate it will. But anyways enough of the Schneiderlin chat for me

Status
Not open for further replies.