Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Playing him deep is setting him up for failure....until he heads in a goal.
Agreed ;) I have to say I worry when Jose pick Felly to play as a holding midfielder like he did today. I guess it was "only" Wigan but his first 20 minutes, like most of the team, he was shaky at best and prolly should've got a yellow when he was caught in possession.

That said, he did settle down and put himself about and scored a typical bull-like header. Mou loves his work rate if not his finesse and will continue to use him in a variety of situations, usually to good effect.

Robbie Boy

Thought he was piss poor today bar his goal. He slows things down so much and adds nothing to our buildup play.

AndyJ1985

Thought he was piss poor today bar his goal. He slows things down so much and adds nothing to our buildup play.
Correct. We're just never going to play great football while Fellaini is in the team. People moan about us being dull and slow in match thread, well what do they expect when we have so many slow players in the team? And players like Fellaini and Lingard who are about as creative as an inbred chav with a box of crayons. Of course we aren't going to play like Barcelona.

I'll always appreciate his goals, but we just aren't going to move on to the next level as a team until we replace our plodders with some talented lads who can at the very least move the ball about quickly.

This is just unfair.

We were 2-0 up when he was subbed and Wigan have basically given up on the game. It was Fellaini's goal that broke their resistance just before half time. I can't understand how you couldn't find something more positive to say about the guy who scored the first goal.
He's fine as a second striker option to score those goals, but in midfield he's horrible. Herrera did nothing special after he came on but by just keeping the ball moving forward we had so many more attacking opportunities open up.

Mike09

Nope, the sentence, indeed the post in its entirety was singular, hence "apology".
Nope. I was referring to your childish act and ironic comments. If you don't accept it, I take it as pointless discussion to begin with because you are actually never meant to apologise or admit how childish and ironic your comments were.

And if you are still making an excuse about the sentence and the post in its entirety was singular then you are clearly wrong. The post clearly contains more than 1 sentence and 1 meaning. One of them had happened which was the Pogba's goal and the rest of them were just your assumption.

Anyway, you rate Fellaini - I don't. No point debating any further, its turning into a Trump-style twitter exchange.

Onwards and upwards.
You are clearly making things up here.
First I never said the goal was "more crucial".
Second, I don't even rate Fellaini either.

Here some of my old quotes and I will ask you a question, does this sound like a guy who rates Fellaini?

We definitely need to move on from him. I don't hate him but we need to give younger player like Mensah more chance. I hope he plays well as a subs player and then other club will start to put some interest in him and start to make an offer this summer.
I don't hate Fellaini though, he doesn't deserve the abuses but I really hope a young player like Fosu Mensah is given a chance instead of him. Mensah is pretty much have everything that Fellaini offers; height, aggression, work rate. He also has the pace and more mobile than Fellaini. I know Mensah can be clumsy sometime but that's normal for any young players, it's not like Fellaini isn't a clumsy player either. If we play Fellaini because of his height, aggression, work rate and his physical attribute, I don't see why can't we use Mensah for those aspects.
Fellaini was just being a shit like other players Schneiderlin, Memphis and Darmian.
Unlike you I don't hate players or being sarcastic. If player deserves credit for the goal or performance then I'll give them credit even if I don't rate them.

Last edited:

Mike09

Fellaini 7,3 and Herrera 5,9 :wenger:
I know this isn't referring to me since they aren't my rating but what if that guy don't actually do player's rating every games. What if he only did a few games and most of them were coincidentally when Fellaini had a good game. So can't blame the guy for having Fellaini as 7.3. Even I don't do it every games.

Ashley R1+O

Solid, showed again how capable he is of filling in as backup for multiple positions. Low maintenance squad player, important. Nice goal as well - completely dominated the fullback in the air, who then tried to throw himself to ground so sound was the demolition :lol:.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's been shite as an actual midfielder and lost the ball several times while being outmuscled, but he took his header well so cue his fanboy section!
:lol::lol: What? If there is one player at United who does not have any fanboys it must be this guy. He was alright yesterday, not United quality but he really does not deserve all the shite hes getting

Getting booed by own "fans", that's poor taste

Robbie Boy

:lol::lol: What? If there is one player at United who does not have any fanboys it must be this guy. He was alright yesterday, not United quality but he really does not deserve all the shite hes getting

Getting booed by own "fans", that's poor taste
I think a quick look through this thread says otherwise.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I think a quick look through this thread says otherwise.
I think we have differing views on what defines a "fanboy". Take a look from the Wigan threadmark, 95% of the comments are basically: "He scored, but he is still shit", the other 5% WUM's. As i said, Fellaini is not United quality and i'd rather see him replaced for a better midfielder, but right now he plays for us, so there is no point in discussing it until the next transfer window.

Besides, labeling other posters as either fanboys or haters and using it as a strawman is stupid. Sure, people might have favorites and might prefers some players over others, but that does not make them fanboys.

All i'm saying is that all our players deserves to be treated fairly, and in the case of Fellaini it's preposterous to suggest hes getting favorable treatment on the caf, because he sure as hell isn't

Robbie Boy

Besides, labeling other posters as either fanboys or haters and using it as a strawman is stupid. Sure, people might have favorites and might prefers some players over others, but that does not make them fanboys.
Agree completely. The most cringy sayings on here. However, he does have a set of fans on here who completely overrate his importance to the team and feel it's their duty to defend him at all costs.

Last edited:

RedPnutz

Handy player to have in the squad. Provides an alternative outlet and makes meaningful contributions. Works hard and gets back on his feet after the shameful abuse by fans.

While Fergie may not have signed him, I suspect if SAF took over a team with Fellaini in it, Sir Alex would grow to like him and use him as well.

iKeano

If that's the only thing you can say then I take it as your apologise for acting like a kid.
Friday 14:08 GMT. That's your post in full.

Nope. I was referring to your childish act and ironic comments. If you don't accept it, I take it as pointless discussion to begin with because you are actually never meant to apologise or admit how childish and ironic your comments were.

And if you are still making an excuse about the sentence and the post in its entirety was singular then you are clearly wrong. The post clearly contains more than 1 sentence and 1 meaning. One of them had happened which was the Pogba's goal and the rest of them were just your assumption.

You are clearly making things up here.
First I never said the goal was "more crucial".
Second, I don't even rate Fellaini either.

Here some of my old quotes and I will ask you a question, does this sound like a guy who rates Fellaini?

Unlike you I don't hate players or being sarcastic. If player deserves credit for the goal or performance then I'll give them credit even if I don't rate them.
I'm not here to argue about your posts plurality. The post in question was one sentence. You tried to call me out on grammar and I'm merely making a point.

My point of Fellaini's goal against Hull was that it was no more, or less 'crucial' than Martial's or Pogba's across the two legs.

No point going back over old ground. As I said before trying to leave this debate, onwards and upwards.

Godfather

He is a more than decent back-up option and this is what many forget when they moan about him. He is not sulking about being 2nd choice, seems to be a very good professional and has scored some vital goals for us. He might not be a very good CM, but with a fixture list like we have we are lucky to have guys like him.

Mike09

Friday 14:08 GMT. That's your post in full.
Nonsense!
Why are we talking about my post when we are talking about you acted like a kid and made an ironic post like this

No more crucial than Martials or Pogbas.
No more crucial than the penalty Hull got lastnite that should never have been.
No more crucial than the penalty Smalling should have got lastnite.
No more crucial than the penalty Rooney should have got in the first leg when he got kicked in the face.

But yea... really crucial.
Remember the fact that you have nothing better to said after I replied that you were acting like a kid and made ironic comments means you were admitting that you were indeed acting like a kid and making ironic comments.
Since I know you are a stubborn guy so I took it as your apologies to end the discussion.
But you are keep making it difficult with your "apology" theory. Such a pointless reply. It's called apologies mate!! "Apologise" and "Irony" were typo from my tablet.

I'm not here to argue about your posts plurality. The post in question was one sentence. You tried to call me out on grammar and I'm merely making a point.
You started first not me. I'm here discussing about Fellaini not about "my apology" or "my apologies". You acted like you are more superior in grammar. Does it even necessary to show off your grammar in Fellaini's thread?

Seriously though, instead of being an English Teacher, you could have just stop talking if you have nothing better to say and nothing even related with Fellaini.

My point of Fellaini's goal against Hull was that it was no more, or less 'crucial' than Martial's or Pogba's across the two legs.

No point going back over old ground. As I said before trying to leave this debate, onwards and upwards.
And I don't remember if I said Fellaini goal was more crucial right? All I have been saying was "very crucial" which was true. So why were you being sarcastic about my post by saying "No more crucial than..." for four times?
And the last word was "But yea... really crucial". Sounds like you were being sarcastic, childish, and trying to tell me that Fellaini's goal was just nothing.

stevoc

Nice header, and good movement and strength, which is what you want to see when hes in the oppositions box. But imo hes not a midfielder. Hes more of a second striker than anything else.
I still think we play better football when hes not on the pitch, but him being a plan B or C or whatever is not the worst thing either (as shown against Liverpool).
He's not very effective for that purpose though is he?

He did well in the Liverpool game but how many times has he came on late in a game when we are drawing/losing and did something which resulted in us getting something out of a game?

In 3.5 years i would estimate very rarely. He's never scored or directly assisted in that situation that i know of. A proven goalscorer like Solskjaer or Hernandez would be much more useful to bring off the bench when we need a goal.

DenisIrwin

I really don't want to come on here and bash other caf members - but feck you Fellaini haters! He did well, as usual. The goal was crucial. He played well, doing what he does best: breaking up opponents' play in midfield and paying it simple, getting into both boxes at appropriate times. Starting him yesterday made perfect sense, especially as Zlatan's height and aerial goal threat wasn't there. Jose was totally vindicated, along with all the other Utd fans that don't have an irrational hatred towards the big fella.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still don't think he's a CM. Fellaini should play higher up the pitch, either as a 10 or attacking midfielder. Get him and the box and cross the ball, the goal was very good. Used his strength and power well

Robbie Boy

Still don't think he's a CM. Fellaini should play higher up the pitch, either as a 10 or attacking midfielder. Get him and the box and cross the ball, the goal was very good. Used his strength and power well
He's not. Bar his goal yesterday, his display as an actual centre midfielder was poor. He slows things down and doesn't help us at all when we are playing it forward.

PlayerOne

He's not. Bar his goal yesterday, his display as an actual centre midfielder was poor. He slows things down and doesn't help us at all when we are playing it forward.
Yup. Got caught on the ball too 2 or 3 times yesterday. Better when he's higher up the pitch, he seems to win the ball back quicker too.

Adam-Utd

Agreed, he does nothing but keep it simple and basically let Schweinsteiger playmake all by himself.

Saying that though we know his limitations and what he's good at. Stick the ball wide and float in a cross, and there's a good chance he will effect it somehow. Was a nice header that's for sure.

RedMaestro

I fail to see what the problem is. He doesn't complain, whenever he gets a chance he gives his all and he has different qualities which can be needed sometimes to change a game plan. A really good squad player. It's good to have different options in the team because of the different types of teams one will play against. I really don't think he should leave the team next season if he will accept being a sub and if his wages are on a reasonable level when you take in to account what he offers.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He should only be used as a second-striker target man or the hybrid target man/cm role he had under LvG in 14/15.

Building up play is not exactly one of his strenghts.

Last edited:

Sylar

He's not very effective for that purpose though is he?

He did well in the Liverpool game but how many times has he came on late in a game when we are drawing/losing and did something which resulted in us getting something out of a game?

In 3.5 years i would estimate very rarely. He's never scored or directly assisted in that situation that i know of. A proven goalscorer like Solskjaer or Hernandez would be much more useful to bring off the bench when we need a goal.
Yeah, id rather see us bring on a second or third striker first if we are creating chances (like we were against Stoke, Burnley, etc).
But against Liverpool, we really werent, and if a team is set up like that, then Fellaini to cause problems from crosses is a good way to go. Think he did the same thing against West Ham a few years ago.

The problem is when we bring him on, its normally deep in midfield which is a waste. Id rather he just go straight up top for those 5-10-15 whatever minutes, and stay there

To me hes not what I would define as midfielder, more a second striker type.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Agree completely. The most cringy sayings on here. However, he does have a set of fans on here who completely overrate his importance to the team and feel it's their duty to defend him at all costs.
Those mostly exist due to the "fans" that just have to shit on him no matter what he does. If he had had the same game as Pogba did against Liverpool he'd be slaughtered.

stevoc

Yeah, id rather see us bring on a second or third striker first if we are creating chances (like we were against Stoke, Burnley, etc).
But against Liverpool, we really werent, and if a team is set up like that, then Fellaini to cause problems from crosses is a good way to go. Think he did the same thing against West Ham a few years ago.

The problem is when we bring him on, its normally deep in midfield which is a waste. Id rather he just go straight up top for those 5-10-15 whatever minutes, and stay there

To me hes not what I would define as midfielder, more a second striker type.
Very few would define him as a capable midfielder mate.

Yeah against Liverpool he was effective no doubt but only very rarely is Fellaini a better option when chasing a game as opposed to a proper striker in the Hernandez mould. How many points did Hernandez save us in his 4 years here with late goals. You could probably count the points Fellaini's earned us on one hand if he's came on late when we're chasing games.

Jaybomb

Very few would define him as a capable midfielder mate.

Yeah against Liverpool he was effective no doubt but only very rarely is Fellaini a better option when chasing a game as opposed to a proper striker in the Hernandez mould. How many points did Hernandez save us in his 4 years here with late goals. You could probably count the points Fellaini's earned us on one hand if he's came on late when we're chasing games.
Blame Van Gaal for that.

Robbie Boy

Those mostly exist due to the "fans" that just have to shit on him no matter what he does. If he had had the same game as Pogba did against Liverpool he'd be slaughtered.
To be fair, Pogba was rightly slaughtered after that game.

ManUtd1999

Those mostly exist due to the "fans" that just have to shit on him no matter what he does.
I, for example, defend him partly because of this. I'm not claiming that he's great or should be a first choice. I just can see that he's a useful squad player and does what the manager asks him to do without complaining. Just this month, he scored against Hull and Wigan and his header led to our equalizer against Liverpool. If that's not a useful squad player, then who is?

Mike09

"Does" vs "is" does not fall under the category of plurality, but I do hope this is an end to this monotonous exchange.
I don't remember I said it's the same did I? I was just reflecting that you are being sarcastic the whole time. This thread is about Fellaini not about me. If you want to continue then I hope it's about Fellaini's discussion. If you want to end it then you can stop talking.

You don't have to be mad just because I said that you were being childish and posting ironic comments. I meant there is no deny though if you read your first post again. Am i wrong?

No more crucial than Martials or Pogbas.
No more crucial than the penalty Hull got lastnite that should never have been.
No more crucial than the penalty Smalling should have got lastnite.
No more crucial than the penalty Rooney should have got in the first leg when he got kicked in the face.

But yea... really crucial.
If you hope it is the end, you can stop talking though but even if you reply this post, I highly doubt it will be about Fellaini. So I'll put you in my ignore list and problem solved. :D

devips

Fellaini is a very good player, and very useful and committed team player. All the managers recognise this, so he has been a part of their game plans all through the last few seasons. He adds another dimension to our play, and more importantly, often disrupts the other teams' game plan. He will be there come next summer.

Fans don't like him. That's understandable too. He does not fit well with the 'United Player' archetype. He is an artisan, not an artist. He is never going to dazzle you with his skills. But then managers know eleven artists don't make a functional playing eleven.

podurban2

Fellaini is a very good player, and very useful and committed team player. All the managers recognise this, so he has been a part of their game plans all through the last few seasons. He adds another dimension to our play, and more importantly, often disrupts the other teams' game plan. He will be there come next summer.

Fans don't like him. That's understandable too. He does not fit well with the 'United Player' archetype. He is an artisan, not an artist. He is never going to dazzle you with his skills. But then managers know eleven artists don't make a functional playing eleven.
Please come back and tell us this whenever he plays against decent opposition and gets found out, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.