4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I've been surprised at people claiming that he was having a good game in the match thread and this thread continues to surprise me. Not our worst culprit tonight, but painfully mediocre at everything (and also seems to have a top speed of Eriksen). Speaking of the latter, he showed what we've been missing creatively once he came on and I don't think that what Mount does defensively makes up for it (and no, sadly, Eriksen isn't the solution to our problems either).

That one pass to Højlund – I think that was Mount – was good though.

TrailMonkey

I like him. Works hard, shows for the ball, good touch, mobile etc. Not everything he tries come off, but he doesn't shirk responsibility.

E-mal

Just Ok. Not the right profile of midfielder we should have signed.

izec

He has hardly been in the team because of injury. We controlled the game against CP with him in the team. Today during the first 45m he was the best midfielder and we mostly were in control. Mount done okay so far.
Jesus christ, that League cup game against Palace was a friendly for them. They hardly cared. The PL game was a different kettle of fish and it showed. We dominated feck all, since they let us have the ball and knew we are toothless.

MattofManchester

Gotta play one of him or Bruno. Not both.

This experiment isn't working. For either player.

Thought he did well under those circumstances.

Dorris

I've been surprised at people claiming that he was having a good game in the match thread and this thread continues to surprise me. Not our worst culprit tonight, but painfully mediocre at everything (and also seems to have a top speed of Eriksen). Speaking of the latter, he showed what we've been missing creatively once he came on and I don't think that what Mount does defensively makes up for it (and no, sadly, Eriksen isn't the solution to our problems either).

The fact you think he has a top speed of Eriksen shows you probably watch football with a blindfold on. One of our most mobile players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was very good. 2nd best after hojlund. I like the signing. Maybe when we figure our shit out it'll stand out more.

Red Rash

Was ok I thought but it should be him or Bruno. They want to play in the same area and playing them together isn't working.

the hea

Our second best player tonight, if the rest of the players performances was on par with him and Höjlund this would have been an easy win.

BorisManUtd

I like what I'm seeing from him but it's a case of us being horrible defensively which he isn't expected to solve anyways.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

There's opinions and then there's eyesight issues. It's important to know the difference between the two.

harms

Staff
What's frustrating — and I feel that this is the thread for it even though it's certainly isn't Mount's fault — is that we keep Bruno as our main corner-taker after signing Mount whose corner kicks has been the highlight of his career so far. And Mount has already showed that he's a great corner-taker for us.

Sylar

He did OK? But when he's the number one target for the middle and we paid that much with him having a year left and would have been free next season, it just makes things more baffling.

harms

Staff
There's opinions and then there's eyesight issues. It's important to know the difference between the two.
It's a slight exaggeration, of course, but I'm really disappointed with his athleticism so far. The application is there but he just lacks both pace and physicality to be a real defensive presence.

zapp

Thought he played the best I've seen him in a United shirt. Unlucky not to have an assist and a goal tonight. Seems like it just isn't coming off for him unfortunately.

Stadjer

Jesus christ, that League cup game against Palace was a friendly for them. They hardly cared. The PL game was a different kettle of fish and it showed. We dominated feck all, since they let us have the ball and knew we are toothless.
So you can only dominate when you have the ball and the opponent tries to get the ball? You cant dominate when you have the ball if the opponent allows you to have the ball? Both situations you still have the ball.

Attackers were the main problem in the league game against CP. Not the midfielders. I know it is fancy to dislike Mount because he came for a lot of money from Chelsea and people rather had seen a different purchase but Mount really wasnt the issue today. He did his job mostly just fine.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's alright but you need to be more than that to be a United starter.
If we thought he'd provide Fred's industry but with more flair we should slap ourselves.

mu4c_20le

He was decent but I'm not sure where he fits. He's like a utility player right now, a John O'Shea to replace Fred.

lex talionis

Put in a decent shift tonight. Sad to see him get trashed here, but given the circumstances it’s understandable.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really wasn't anything different from Lingard at his best. Though, at Lingard's best, he scored and didn't cost over £50m.

BorisManUtd

Sancho is basically out, Pellistri is not good enough to start, Amad is injured (and possibly not ready for PL level) and Antony hasn't exactly impressed that much so far. I'd try Mount on RW with Casemiro-Amrabat-Bruno midfield, at least in some games.

CallyRed

He's definetly pressing alright. A pressing concern. Ya know what I'm sayin

zaafi

Or maybe it was because Rashford and Bruno played in that game and kept giving it away all the fecking time. Not everything is Mount's fault when he plays with footballers who can't handle a ball.

zaafi

It's a slight exaggeration, of course, but I'm really disappointed with his athleticism so far. The application is there but he just lacks both pace and physicality to be a real defensive presence.
He is pretty quick, actually. Good acceleration and can turn quickly. No idea how you can watch him play and say he lacks pace. Quicker than both Bruno and Casemiro.

Abraxas

There has been a slight upturn since his return. I thought the other game was fairly decent and tonight was a little bit better again. Showed some good touches and technique, even a bit of pace at times. Could/should have scored on a couple of occasions which I think he needs to do to justify this kind of role because I'm never expecting any heroics in the buildup.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He wasn't bad tonight, nor was he bad against Palace, but he does not impact football matches.

Ekeke

Not his worst game for us thats for sure. He was okay for a decent amount of the game but I was frustrated when he came on his left foot and shot poorly. Granted a lot of the things he was doing fairly well for a chunk of the game were running off the ball and closing down, or playing a quick pass. Hardly the most eye catching even when we were on top for that period and wasting chances.

I do think he did a fair bit of what he was probably signed to do. I think its similar to the Van De Beek and Ole situation in that a manager signs a player, picks them and they are on the pitch running off the ball as their given task and it just doesnt work out because the distribution to them isnt good enough, and/or in the few times that the ball does go to them from a good run the quality of the end product isnt good enough to give the impression of a good game. But I think its what the managers are likely asking of them to play in that way and it leads to not being on the ball much and being frustrating for fans especially when the team is unsuccessful.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think there's 99% chance that if any new manager comes then one of him or Bruno gets dropped, and I think there's 99% that would have been Bruno.
Mount plays ok with good bits, still a bit within himself but I like him. He can make up for Eriksen lack of mobility as well.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought he did well. He makes good decisions, unlike Bruno, which actually benefit the team.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I think there's 99% chance that if any new manager comes then one of him or Bruno gets dropped, and I think there's 99% that would have been Bruno.
Mount plays ok with good bits, still a bit within himself but I like him. He can make up for Eriksen lack of mobility as well.
I would agree with that. We can only play one of them. Neither should ever play at RW unless we have a crazy injury crisis up front(which is possible :rolleyes: )

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair play to him, I like what I’ve seen since his return from injury.