2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Oldyella

It's bizarre. Played last years marquee signing way too much despite all evidence to the contrary, seems to want to not play this years marquee signing.

I can't believe he's not even had a shot in place of Bruno given how bad he's been this season. I don't get ETH at all.

Idxomer

It's bizarre. Played last years marquee signing way too much despite all evidence to the contrary, seems to want to not play this years marquee signing.

I can't believe he's not even had a shot in place of Bruno given how bad he's been this season. I don't get ETH at all.
He even persisted with Weghorst way longer than that.

Leonzo1

We basically had 4 versions of the same player for 9 years now. it started with Lingard then came VDB then Sabitzer and now mount. honestly can't stand this type of players. same words were described for all of them. "Hard working", "Pressing machine", "Nice interplay". all these so called artibutes yet they all do baisically nothing. the fact that Lingard was the best one of them says everything.

ElDiabloRojo

It's obviously what he sees in training, Mount is weak, and has no natural position, or does he? I never noticed him much the few times I watched Chelsea.

Just a baffling signing, should be stripped off the 7 and given an available number over 40.

chris123

His energy and quality is pretty obvious, and I think it's pretty clear that Mount/Bruno as two advanced 8's can work, but only when we find a proper holding midfielder.

It's pretty clear we were relying on Casemiro to plug that gap and he just hasn't so far this season. One of our major transfer targets, needs to be a holding midfielder that is comfortable on the ball.

mu4c_20le

The lad plays in camo. And when I finally spot him, he gets easily brushed off the ball.

An inferior Eriksen. ETH has a lot to answer for.

Bobski

Some good moments were you can see what he can bring and maybe the first game were he and Bruno looked as if they could play together, but against a better team you have to think that midfield would be a serious problem.

Superunknown

Annoyed that he didn't start today's game. He's at the club, so let's give him a run of games to see what he can offer. What we're doing isn't working anyway, so we may as well just go for it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I prefer him to Eriksen.

Eriksen is only useful when he has time and space, and, even then, he's prone to losing it with his Hollywood balls. Plus he's a complete liability defensively.

Mount, whilst not that good either, will get stuck (won the ball in some good positions today), can carry it, and won't go all Hollywood Hulk Hogan as often as Eriksen. Plus, he's shown he has the agility to turn away from pressure on occasion.

Scottynaldinho

Very high energy and quick football from him. No messing about just high octane football and no back passes like the rest of the team.

next_number_seven

His energy and quality is pretty obvious, and I think it's pretty clear that Mount/Bruno as two advanced 8's can work, but only when we find a proper holding midfielder.

It's pretty clear we were relying on Casemiro to plug that gap and he just hasn't so far this season. One of our major transfer targets, needs to be a holding midfielder that is comfortable on the ball.
The purpose of his signature was to play alongside Bruno as the front 2 in a box midfield and he did that today.
There's still hope. He has a brain at least unlike other players I won't mention

bucky

The lad plays in camo. And when I finally spot him, he gets easily brushed off the ball.

You should choose to watch a different sport. Absolute garbage post.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mount wasn't bad today. Yes it was 'only' Luton. However, considering he had to play deep in midfield he didn't look out of place. If you take the Copenhagen game out of the equation, for the obvious reasons, you can say he's done well in recent games. If we are going to make this Mount as an #8 experiment work, there's no time like the present to try it. Eriksen really isn't worth the cost of admission at the moment.

L1nk

What? He was comfortably better than Eriksen today and comfortably better than Eriksen has shown most of the season, absolute weird agenda. I have no idea why he plays Eriksen when Eriksen offers absolutely nothing, even if Mount isn't on top of his game at least he can actually provide legs in the midfield

mu4c_20le

You should choose to watch a different sport. Absolute garbage post.
I might feel offended if I actually knew who you are.

What? He was comfortably better than Eriksen today and comfortably better than Eriksen has shown most of the season, absolute weird agenda. I have no idea why he plays Eriksen when Eriksen offers absolutely nothing, even if Mount isn't on top of his game at least he can actually provide legs in the midfield
That's not a very high bar, Eriksen is on his last legs this season. He offered some energy against a tiring Luton side, and against Barkley and Chong. That is not an agenda, I'm just not getting overly excited because he wasn't total crap. 55m and a priority signing for a squad player is not on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

An inferior version of a player he out
performed today. Mmkay.

edgecutter

He was better than his usual invisible act. However, this guy cost 60 million and if anyone thinks that performance should silence the haters needs to give their head a wobble. He still looks miles off it.

bucky

That's not a very high bar, Eriksen is on his last legs this season. He offered some energy against a tiring Luton side, and against Barkley and Chong. That is not an agenda, I'm just not getting overly excited because he wasn't total crap. 55m and a priority signing for a squad player is not on.
As if you are someone of note on here.

L1nk

I agree in the sense of me having no clue why we chased him so hard and yet Erik doesn't even play him. I'm not against Mount but feel like the money could have been spent better on a more physical and technical B2B midfielder. That said I still think he is comfortably better than Eriksen even if it's not a high bar, which begs the question why Erik keeps playing ghosts in the midfield

drdoityourself

Felt he did really well in the second half. Won possession numerous times and was more visible going forward. A step in the right direction.

chris123

The purpose of his signature was to play alongside Bruno as the front 2 in a box midfield and he did that today.
There's still hope. He has a brain at least unlike other players I won't mention
Yeah I think it's pretty clearly the bottom of the box that is the issue at the moment. Both Bruno and Mount have the energy and work rate to cover each and track runners, it's simply at the moment they don't have someone behind them that can break up play and get the ball quickly into them after a transition.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
No strong opinion on that cameo, as any sane person I assume would agree - jury is out on the transfer for the time being - no major judgements.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am glad that I am not the only one who saw the positives.
On a good day he is one of our tidiest players with slick movement and fast decision making.
Probably my MotM after Lindelöf.

zaafi

If anyone didn't know by now already, you made sure to let them know never to take your opinion on anything seriously. Absolute garbage post.

Thom Merrilin

He was good today. I get that he's a divisive player but some of the criticism has been over the top.

Dan_F

He’s so obviously not a central midfielder in the way that we were initially trying to use him. He’s clearly much more comfortable with the ball being played into feet, rather than being expected to break the lines from deeper on the pitch.

I really think Ten Hag needs to try him on the right.