Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need Shaw back. Our left winger gets no support whatoever whether it's Rashford or Martial.

Robbie Boy

He's not good enough to be here full stop. He's not 'squad level' material and he certainly isn't starting material.

DarkXaero

Surprised he lasted the entire game. He should give his wages for this match to Rojo. Useless in defense and attack as expected. I'm not sure why Mourinho doesn't want to start Blind at LB who is obviously the best available option we have for LB right now. With Valencia suspended for next match, I'd expect Darmian to move to the right side and Blind to start at LB.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Now look at him. Wanted to give away a penalty and get them back 1-1 but blinded the ref.
You mean Rojo or Darmian? If Rojo, then you're just nitpicking as he had a solid game. If Darmian, then I guess you referring to the bit which ended up with Sissoko fouling him(or some other player)? In which case It was the only time Darmian actually won a tackle against Sissoko.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You mean Rojo or Darmian? If Rojo, then you're just nitpicking as he had a solid game. If Darmian, then I guess you referring to the bit which ended up with Sissoko fouling him(or some other player)? In which case It was the only time Darmian actually won a tackle against Sissoko.
Rojo. Nitpicking today but if that had been 1-1 we'd be in trouble. Either way, I don't think Rojo or Darmian are good enough.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When he first came here, he looked so strong at 1 on 1s, and nobody ever seemed to get beyond him. What the hell happened to that? He looks useless now. I've always maintained he's a decent defender but doesn't offer anything in attack. Now you can't even say that. Wide players just march through him like he's not there.

ti vu

This is something I've been wondering as well, it's not like has a speed or power advantage over Blind, I can't think of anything he does better.
Darmian is weak in 1 vs 1 at times against pacy, trickery, powerful widemen. Blind is a bit better, but Blind has been having worse lapse of concentration this season when the going gets tough. Tactically Darmian positioning and awareness is solid this game. Of course, those 1 vs 1 may be costly vs better opponent.

Contrary to the reaction here, I was firm believer Sissoko wouldn't get anything inside that our CBs couldn't deal with since Kane is lifeless today. Lately I followed France NT and you guys can pick out my recent post where I criticized Deschamps for holding on to Sissoko after the EURO (I agree with Deschamps during the EURO for starting Sissoko even though I believed Portugal coaching staff did a master job shutting down France in the final by letting Sissoko having more ball and freedom in which he had little to no end product)

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
What does that mean?
In that they are feisty aggressive man markers who are position ally very sound. He's the least Italian full back ever.

He reminds me of the Anti-Zambrotta.

Ixion

What gets me is he offers literally nothing going forward which would be fine if he was rock solid at the back but he's all over the place.

Robbie Boy

What gets me is he offers literally nothing going forward which would be fine if he was rock solid at the back but he's all over the place.
Yeah but some pretend he's good defensively so they absolve him of the fact that he's utter wank going forward. It's odd really.

Loublaze

ATLien
This is something I've been wondering as well, it's not like has a speed or power advantage over Blind, I can't think of anything he does better.
Indeed. Speedwise they are similar. Blind is actually physically stronger than him and he can cross and pass the ball better. Darmian is a coward of a defender. Both Son and Sissoko (especially Sissoko) killed him

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Needs to be sold. Mourinho has managed to revive a fair few of our players, but with this one I see no hope.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Was a complete liability in the second half. Doesn't offer enough in attack (way too static) and is not especially good in defense either.

ZDwyr

He was awful in the second half. Goes to ground far too easily and just looks completely lost. Cannot understand why Blind isn't ahead of him.

bugmat

A soft touch today. Sissoko made him his bee-ache and it wasn't pretty. He needs to bulk a wee bit up or get more aggressive.

Rajma

In that they are feisty aggressive man markers who are position ally very sound. He's the least Italian full back ever.

He reminds me of the Anti-Zambrotta.
Saved me typing that! You look at Conte for example and he personifies the very concept and definition of Italian and on the other end of spectrum you have Darmian.

stevoc

Jose's preference of a right footed Darmian at left back leads me to believe he just doesn't fancy Blind at all.

Can't think of any other reason that Darmian is being picked over him despite a string of awful performances.

ti vu

Jose's preference of a right footed Darmian at left back leads me to believe he just doesn't fancy Blind at all.

Can't think of any other reason that Darmian is being picked over him despite a string of awful performances.
Quote myself to answer this repeat conspiracy regarding Blind
"
Darmian is weak in 1 vs 1 at times against pacy, trickery, powerful widemen. Blind is a bit better, but Blind has been having worse lapse of concentration this season when the going gets tough. Tactically Darmian positioning and awareness is solid this game. Of course, those 1 vs 1 may be costly vs better opponent.

Contrary to the reaction here, I was firm believer Sissoko wouldn't get anything inside that our CBs couldn't deal with since Kane is lifeless today. Lately I followed France NT and you guys can pick out my recent post where I criticized Deschamps for holding on to Sissoko after the EURO (I agree with Deschamps during the EURO for starting Sissoko even though I believed Portugal coaching staff did a master job shutting down France in the final by letting Sissoko having more ball and freedom in which he had little to no end product)
"
I'll add that Blind's performance in 2 other big games (City and Chelsea) were terrible. Some people were angry that Mourinho made same mistake starting Lingard, sub Fellaini in... but missed out on Blind's terrible performance in his last 2 big games which directly costly. Like I explained in my last post, Darmian doesn't not look good, but the risk vs Sissoko is well calculated and Darmian positioning and awareness is good (till much to desired and would have been punished by better opponent, but hey it's Tottenham with Son and Sissoko after all), unlike Blind's mistake where he was all over the place. Nothing to do with strong foot preference or agenda against certain players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
So Darmian is this year's Rojo now ? He was really poor against Sissoko, but I thought he did ok until then. Offered nothing going forward though.
In terms of performances, probably. Most on here are citing Sissoko tearing him a new one multiple times, like yourself. All fair comments in a thread that'd supposed to be about his performances.

Skills

Snitch
Basically he offers nothing going forward. He's 'good defensively', until he's actually got to do some defending - then he's shit at that too.

Hopefully, Shaw's fully fit soon.

RedPnutz

Some fans are fecking crazy. Pretty much the only bad game this season and fans want to sell him.

Let's not forget Jose was shouting at Martial to track back several times and finally took Martial off.

Not one of his better games but Darmian was left exposed by Martial a lot.

Remember how Evra used to be skinned regularly by Lennon? Glad we sold him early.

criticalanalysis

He was really really bad BUT he was at left back. He's done a job there but just like Rojo, let's give him benefit of the doubt.

Is he ultimately Utd quality? Who knows if he finds a bit of game time on his more natural side. Valencia is suspended mid week so it'll be interesting (or rather predictable ala Young) who will play there considering he'll be up against Zaha and the likes.

Sylar

I just dont see him as a LB. I know theres that whole thing where he can play across the back stuff, but hes not a LB to me.

I know people will say hes not a RB either given some of his performances, but id rather see him on the right or not at all. (but not ahead of Tony V obviously).

Icemav

Blind was shit against Chelsea. Darmian was shit last night.

Darmian definitely isn't United quality though.

stevoc

Quote myself to answer this repeat conspiracy regarding Blind
"

"
I'll add that Blind's performance in 2 other big games (City and Chelsea) were terrible. Some people were angry that Mourinho made same mistake starting Lingard, sub Fellaini in... but missed out on Blind's terrible performance in his last 2 big games which directly costly. Like I explained in my last post, Darmian doesn't not look good, but the risk vs Sissoko is well calculated and Darmian positioning and awareness is good (till much to desired and would have been punished by better opponent, but hey it's Tottenham with Son and Sissoko after all), unlike Blind's mistake where he was all over the place. Nothing to do with strong foot preference or agenda against certain players.
It's not a conspiracy theory so much as an opinion and trying to make sense of the situation.

Blind has had a few poor games no doubt but mostly at CB which isn't his natural position. He's played the majority of his career at LB, and is a much better player than Darmian going forward and defensively. So it seems strange to me that a right back who is in awful form is being preferred to him at LB.

stevoc

Some fans are fecking crazy. Pretty much the only bad game this season and fans want to sell him.

Let's not forget Jose was shouting at Martial to track back several times and finally took Martial off.

Not one of his better games but Darmian was left exposed by Martial a lot.

Remember how Evra used to be skinned regularly by Lennon? Glad we sold him early.
He's had more than one bad game mate lets be honest here.

Comparing Darmians situation to Evra having the odd bad game vs Lennon is a bit off in my opinion. Evra had problems with Lennon at times but he was one of the best fullbacks in the world for years. Darmian is having trouble with many different players. Opposition managers target him, most of the teams we play concentrate their attacks down his side. And for good reason.

Sp00ks11

Apart from about 5 games after he signed, mainly in pre season may I add, he has been horrendous. Offers nothing going forward, and is not very good defensively either. Yesterdays game was diabolical, Pogba and Rojo were constantly having to do his job for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.