5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrick Dubois

Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha..... this is incredible. The best performance by an attacking player this season. Ha ha ha..... look how far we have fallen.

We played FC bleedin' Midtjylland!!! This is his best performance since...... coming on as a sub against SHEFFIELD UNITED... and of course his great games against CLUB BRUGES...

Ha ha ha....
I think you need to be a little more subtle. Perhaps something like, 25 in the Dutch League, would easily score 25+ in the Belgian League and 25+ in the Danish League. I kind of agree with you a smidge, but it was such a fine performance that I don't really care who it was against. I am just happy for him, like one of your mates when he's on a lean streak and he finally pulls a decent bird. Even if she was chatting to you while he was in the mens and saying she was into a one night thing only. You'd be chuffed for your mate to get a bit.

Similar for Memphis, can only be a positive for his development no matter who he dusts in front of him.

izec

Much better attitude, at least he showed a bit enthusiasm and urgency, which i have not seen before from him. He obviously had a better output too, lets hope he can keep this type of performances. I never slated him though, this season was to get him acclimatised, although his attitude was shit, but then again his confidence was shot. I still think he will kick on next season properly.

surf

What was new in that performance was that he was brilliant with both feet. Having a fully functioning left foot makes him so much more dangerous and effective since he can go inside or outside and cross with either foot.

Thisistheone

That might just be the case indeed, crazy performance o.O
Enjoyed the highlights reel so much, I decided to rewind it and count his nutmegs during the game. 6 (or 5, if you don't count the one where that other player has the ball for half a second, but then Memphis takes it back) fecking nutmegs in one match.
The joke's been made before, but geez.. that lad was horny as feck yesterday. Really impressed me. A game to remember.
Yep. Let's see how he does on Sunday against Bellerin and the rest of Arsenal. Really hope he kicks on from here.

montpelier

Think the fans are getting TOO excited here but fairplay for getting behind him. Needs more than this to get me to forgive that headed backpass at Stoke or the Chelsea calamity. Some nice tricks though, yes. And he can shoot, obvs.

But anyway, apart from telling me I'm wrong, why does he prefer the left?

To come inside & shoot obvs. If he hasn't got the lightning pace (which he hasn't) to go on the outside vs. proper opposition, and he won't cross with his left foot, we ain't much further forward. I remain miserably sceptical.

But he looks a better footballer through the middle, how we get him playing there is a difficult question - more interchange with Martial is possible, I don't see Rooney being too keen on it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think the fans are getting TOO excited here but fairplay for getting behind him. Needs more than this to get me to forgive that headed backpass at Stoke or the Chelsea calamity. Some nice tricks though, yes. And he can shoot, obvs.

But anyway, apart from telling me I'm wrong, why does he prefer the left?

To come inside & shoot obvs. If he hasn't got the lightning pace (which he hasn't) to go on the outside vs. proper opposition, and he won't cross with his left foot, we ain't much further forward. I remain miserably sceptical.

But he looks a better footballer through the middle, how we get him playing there is a difficult question - more interchange with Martial is possible, I don't see Rooney being too keen on it.
It's important given how United fans go on about "fast, attacking football" being the clubs DNA. You've got a young kid with flair and skill, give him some patience. At times, the fans were very impatient and harsh on Nani and Di Maria IMO, especially the former.

montpelier

I don't suppose you're being singled out quite so much in a team that is crap on an overall basis. ie: there would have been less tolerance than there has been if we were winning every week - which is a little bit strange but does seem to be how it is. Just talking generally here.

Norris

It's important given how United fans go on about "fast, attacking football" being the clubs DNA. You've got a young kid with flair and skill, give him some patience. At times, the fans were very impatient and harsh on Nani and Di Maria IMO, especially the former.
The former ? Nani was here for close to 6 years. I can understand your comment on AdM, but Nani infuriated most fans for most seasons. Personally, I still love him, but I think the comment about not being patient with Nani is a little untrue.

amolbhatia50k

The former ? Nani was here for close to 6 years. I can understand your comment on AdM, but Nani infuriated most fans for most seasons. Personally, I still love him, but I think the comment about not being patient with Nani is a little untrue.
Nah, he was a very good player for us (till the last 2 years where he also had injuries) ad he mostly infuriated those with low patience levels which says as much about them. He even got booed for having a shot from range if I'm not mistaken, which was sad to see. It's easy to boo a flair player, but when you keep patting yourselves on the back for supporting a team that has flair players, it comes off as a bit weird. Especially when Rooney losing the ball through 20 bad touches will never get booed.

montpelier

Nani was just the kind of player that WOULD disappear though wasn't he? I think you (theoretically) had to accept that, it was never a question of ability with him. Actually & always accepting it more difficult I suppose. I don't think Memphis & Nani are in any way similar as players are they? I don't see that, anyway. (that wasn't your point, I know)

amolbhatia50k

Nani was just the kind of player that WOULD disappear though wasn't he? I think you (theoretically) had to accept that, it was never a question of ability with him. Actually & always accepting it more difficult I suppose. I don't think Memphis & Nani are in any way similar as players are they? I don't see that, anyway. (that wasn't your point, I know)
Nani would rarely disappear. He would always keep trying to have a go and make things happen. He did lack a certain something mentally to be a top player (for many years, he was a top player for 2). Maybe it was self-confidence, or drive, not sure really.

Either way, my point was that if we keep harping on about flair players, let's be patient with them. I don't agree with booing a player because he took a tame shot on goal, for example.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Think my favourite bit is when he just shrugged the defender off using upper body strength.

The kid is built. Combine that with the obvious talent and the upside potential is huge.

Just the big question mark of if he has the mentality (and ability) to do it against top level opponents.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
His performance the other day just highlights Van Gaals weak man-management skills. As soon as he had confidence he was playing out of his skin, yet Van Gaal has absolutely destroyed that confidence the rest of the season with the way he's used him and subbed him at half time etc.

Obviously Memphis is a confidence player and somebody that needs an arm around him at times, which Van Gaal should have known.

SoCross

Because they lack originality, humour and the ability to see that it's been overdone.
Oh. I thought the Caf had a sudden influx of female posters :D

Edit: Or that most of us are all sad lonely men behind a keyboard

dcullivanio

Big day for Memphis against Arsenal today. He really needs to show a positive performance against better opposition. It was okay doing it against the danes, shrewsbury, Brugge etc but after that performance in mid-week it's time he grabbed the bull by the horns and stepped up to the plate in a big game. Fingers crossed, I hope he can do it and we end up seeing the kind of player emerge that we thought we signed last summer!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Looks a lot better. Hell of a lot more decisive although he's struggled to beat Bellerin.

acnumber9

Probably his best league performance today. Did his defensive work and helped take the pressure off by keeping the ball well. Long may it continue.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought he played well again. Obviously not to the level of Thursday's performance, but he generally looked confident on the ball, was willing to take players on, was regularly involved and posed a decent attacking threat. Hopefully his newly discovered self is here to stay.

Varun

Staff
Did very well. Absolutely superb work defensively too, completely neutralising ballerin's threat.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Obviously confidences makes a huge difference but the main thing for me is he looks so much more determined. I'm not at all worried about his ability to succeed here now.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Different type of performance today, but for me was just as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.