Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably the most excited to see him out of all our signings, or at least a tie with Schweinsteiger. United's new #9? (I know the numbers aren't final, but I can see him getting it regardless).

Sam

He's clearly got the talent, I'm just not seeing him as a #10 though. I want to see him out wide running at defenders.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Great movement from him. Always available for a pass.

A couple of brilliant passes as well. Rooney should really have scored from one of them bar his usual first touch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's clearly got the talent, I'm just not seeing him as a #10 though. I want to see him out wide running at defenders.
Think it might just take him a bit to get accustomed to the spacing while playing as a 10, and knowing when to hold off defenders and all that. Was brilliant whenever he got onto the ball... Great to have a player with pace again as well.

Don't mind at all that he went for the shot on that moment when Young could have been slipped in, we need someone who is a bit more selfish and not afraid to have a go. Wrong decision of course, but I feel like he would have passed if it wasn't his debut.

Code-CX

Not sure this is his best position but he made some good passes this first half.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You could see he was pissed off at Rooney at times. There was this one time were he sort of made a gesture with his head after flicking it to Rooney for a return only for Rooney to get the pass back way off direction.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Looks confident and comfortable on the ball, an encouraging sign. I'd be going bonkers if he'd have passed it to Young instead of shooting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thought he was underwhelming.
He had good and bad moments. Looked out of place as a number 10 at times, sloppy other times, but also had some very good moments where he did something creative. It's the kind of which tells you that he's a winger. A winger does all of that and it's the norm. From a number 10 you need more and reliability, though.

Zoo

I want to see him on the left in the next game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

Prepare to be frustrated at some of his decisions this year. Will be a learning process.
Hopefully he frustrates in other ways. Van Gaal will tear into him if he ignores setting up a tap in like that in a proper game.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Overall performance wasn't amazing but he shows some very good glimpses. Looking forward to seeing him play.

m1y2

he has a strong determination which is the key to become successful here but I don't think he will be that great in his first season..

ZDwyr

Thought he was pretty average to be honest. Not sure about the praise he is getting. Was surprised to see him so centrally too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he showed as much as he could possibly show after only training for a week and playing on a poor pitch. I agree with the comments that I would prefer to see him on the wing however, he did well to get in dangerous central positions and played some brilliant balls that on another day would have lead to assists. People also need to realise that playing wing is very different to CF because you have to be accomplished at holding the ball with your back to goal and you also have the whole pitch around you rather than being able to hug the touch line. Anyone that has played football will know this is a lot different and I'm sure Memphis will show us more of what he's got in the other tour games. For me he showed just enough to wet the appetite and get even more excited.

Jerch

He was good but not great but showed his class and vision with one or two pasess and on the other hand didn't passed to Young who would probably scored. Suprised that he played central but i think it was an experiment what he can deliver in this position because LVG already know what he can deliver on the wing.

But it is clear that the talent is there.

Siorac

Yes that's the point, the other guy called him Depay. ;)
I'm so not calling him Memphis. It just feels stupid. Like calling Hernández "Chicharito".

I'd like to apologise to him for it even though he clearly doesn't give a feck about me. But the apology should allow me to keep calling him Depay as I surely will.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Pretty much something opposite of what I've expected to see from him, might've been forced by playing the #10/second striker role. Not much tricks and dribbling but he's impressed me with his great vision and passing ability.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm so not calling him Memphis. It just feels stupid. Like calling Hernández "Chicharito".

I'd like to apologise to him for it even though he clearly doesn't give a feck about me. But the apology should allow me to keep calling him Depay as I surely will.
Ooh, check you out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
You could see he was pissed off at Rooney at times. There was this one time were he sort of made a gesture with his head after flicking it to Rooney for a return only for Rooney to get the pass back way off direction.
Yeah saw that. Threw his hands up in the air Ronaldo style and turned his back on the play when Young didn't pass the ball to him too. Don't mind seeing that in pre-season as he obviously wanted to get more feel for the ball.

Wing is definitely his best position. I wouldn't be against seeing him at #10 for the odd occasion but not until he's used to his team mates. Definitely looked more dangerous when he was starting his runs from the flanks.

Talent is there for all to see. Surprised that he didn't try to take more on last night. Just looked as if he was more conservative in his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.