Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Needs an extended run of games. With United already behind the other top teams, there's hardly any chance for him to play in the league.
Unfortunately, for him, this is true.
I said this many months ago: he needs to either get a load or sale, to another club in a different league. In another league, his playing style may see him play like a superstar. If he went back to PSV, I am pretty confident he would be a superstar.
But, would a 22 year old be willing to take a pay cut?

acnumber9

Yeah Pogba has been great for us since he arrived...
Much better than Memphis Depay has been. It's not really relevant though. No team will be paying that sum of money or anywhere near it for Depay anytime soon. I know it may hurt somebody who's username is MD7 but he isn't good enough. Not even near. Your comment reminds me of a guy bemoaning the sale of Fabio a few years back.

MD7

Much better than Memphis Depay has been. It's not really relevant though. No team will be paying that sum of money or anywhere near it for Depay anytime soon. I know it may hurt somebody who's username is MD7 but he isn't good enough. Not even near. Your comment reminds me of a guy bemoaning the sale of Fabio a few years back.
I'm not saying he is as good as Pogba, but this season he hasn't had any chance to show he might be. Hope he gets sold, or loaned out in January if he isn't playing here. And hurt? Lol it's a game...

Boycott

I sometimes get the feeling he could reinvent himself as a striker. I think his skill-set as a winger isn't high enough to be at a regular at a top club but the qualities he has shown over his early career are a) movement, shooting from short and long range and power. A knock-off Alexis Sanchez. Also known as Hulk.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I sometimes get the feeling he could reinvent himself as a striker. I think his skill-set as a winger isn't high enough to be at a regular at a top club but the qualities he has shown over his early career are a) movement, shooting from short and long range and power. A knock-off Alexis Sanchez. Also known as Hulk.
Not at United quality level though.

acnumber9

I'm not saying he is as good as Pogba, but this season he hasn't had any chance to show he might be. Hope he gets sold, or loaned out in January if he isn't playing here. And hurt? Lol it's a game...
But there's almost always a good reason why a player doesn't get game time. Even more so when a new manager continues in the same vein as the last. He isn't very good. I'm glad you aren't hurt though.

Rockets Redglare

unless he's injured, this is yet another nail in the coffin of his united career.
He'll be gone in January thank Christ. One of the worst players I've seen in a United shirt, especially when you factor in his cost and hype.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Should be given another ooppurtunity - can"t be much worse than Zlatan or Rooney.

mu4c_20le

Some call Zlatan a fraud but he is the biggest fraud i've ever seen. Might as well kept Adnan, at least hes yong and lernin

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's gone in January according to Jamie Jackson of the Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eave-manchester-united-winter-transfer-window
Memphis Depay is open to a move away from Manchester United as he recognises his career at the club may be over. The Dutchman is willing to go out on loan in January as Fenerbahce retain a firm interest in him.

Depay was left behind for Thursday’s 2-1 defeat in Turkey, José Mourinho unable to find a place for the 22-year-old in the 21-man squad despite the Europa League being a low priority for the manager. It is understood that Depay would consider leaving the club and a temporary deal in the winter window is more likely than a permanent departure then.
Robin van Persie and Memphis Depay allegedly fell out in a row that originated after Depay refused to pass to van Persie in training.

Memphis Depay joined Manchester United this summer while Robin van Persie was sold to Turkish giants, Fenerbahce.

According to reports in Dutch newspaper, Voetbal Primeur, the pair had a training ground row whilst both were on international duty for Holland in October.

After Holland coach played down reports of an alteraction between the two at the time, reports have since emerged on the details of the row.

The Dutch report claims that the pair got into an argument after Depay failed to pass to Van Persie during a training game before Holland’s Euro 2016 qualifier in Kazakhstan.

Van Persie is alleged to have become irate with Depay when the Manchester United winger failed to pass to the Fenerbahce striker in space, opting instead to backheel the ball to Jairo Riedewald.

Incensed by Depay's decision, van Persie is reported to have confronted Depay,s aying: "Do you think you're a big boy?"

A question to which Depay answered by mocking the 32-year-old striker: "Do big boys play for Fenerbahce?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-to-Fenerbahce-in-training-ground-spat.html
If he ends up joining RVP at Fenerbache :lol::lol::lol:

K2K

How? For getting 10 minutes when the other ones get 90 minutes almost when they wants!
I've watched him play.

Sometimes players don't get minutes simply because they aren't good enough.

The players do train between games.Having seen Depay play,I'd understand why he doesn't get many chances.Last season showed that the more chances he got,the worse he seemed to become.

MD7

I've watched him play.

The players do train between games.Having seen Depay play,I'd understand why he doesn't get many chances.Last season showed that the more chances he got,the worse he seemed to become.
I've seen Martial this season, he's as bad as Memphis last season (but he gets playtime). Always wonder why it's people that don't like a player have the most comments, and remarks about him. Says enough about the current state of united fans.

If he doesn't get chances and playtime he should leave. He's too young, too expensive, and too talented to just sit on the bench

Full bodied red

The only regret is that we still have to pay him until January....

Oh well, still time for the odd Maserati or two before he'll be down to a Dacia or Lada in a couple of years time....

togg

He was always going to be a risk...had only done it in what is considered a poor Dutch league. Hasn't worked...fair enough, disappointed it didn't...but then again a lot of players don't work out. Shift him out for our sake as well as his own and replace him with another decent squad player....

AXVnee7

I've watched him play.

But it's unfair to judge him based on the chances he had last season. Mourinho has a completely different way of playing to LVG, and that could suit him better. How will we know until he's given a proper chance?

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
He was always going to be a risk...had only done it in what is considered a poor Dutch league. Hasn't worked...fair enough, disappointed it didn't...but then again a lot of players don't work out. Shift him out for our sake as well as his own and replace him with another decent squad player....

Poor Dutch league huh ?? We lost from Feyenoord and PSV in Europe . How poor are we ??

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
An unfortunate disappointment so far. I do think not having a run of games has hurt him, at the age he was at when we bought him he needed to keep playing in order to develop. He had a run of games early on under Van Gaal and did alright then he didn't play that often but had the very occasional good performance when he did.

Ultimately he doesn't or hasn't fit into the styles of play that our managers have had. He's at his best in a team which play quickly on to the counter where he can run with the ball into space and also run in behind. Under Van Gaal this was rare as we allowed teams to regroup and get numbers behind the ball, Memphis isn't the type of player to go past 3 players in tight spaces, he needs to be running onto the ball in transition. If teams have men behind the ball he's fairly limited as the only thing he can really do is cut inside and shoot/cross.

You'd have thought he would be more suited to Mourinho's system but I think its clear the Mourinho of now is not the Mourinho of the past, at least the Mourinho in his first Chelsea spell up until Madrid. Remember the times when Mourinho would do things like leaving two players forward when defending corners? I don't think he's done it in a long while. He's become even more pragmatic than he previously was as he expects his winger to get back and defend every time we lose the ball and again this just means we don't have much scope for counter as all of our players are forced back. It's clear this was the issue in the City game where we had nothing in behind from the wide areas or centrally and ended up just having to pass the ball about 5 yards which just played into City's hands. This is something that Memphis wasn't forced to do at PSV, he was allowed to express himself and perhaps stay forward at times. I think this also is the reason people like Rashford and Martial have struggled under Mourinho.

He's been brought on late on in games and not been great. I think we as fans expect a young player coming on late to basically run around and give absolutely everything he has and be almost Tevez like. I would agree with those who say that he seems like he doesn't really care when he comes on, that's clearly on him but there must be a reason for that. Perhaps it's just an attitude thing, perhaps he feels like he's not wanted. It's impossible to say really, I just hope that rather than just giving up on him Mourinho will put his arm round him and tell him that even though he hasn't been good enough so far, he has faith that his quality will eventually come through and will start him in a game or two and allow him to express himself, whether that's in the League Cup or the Europa.

K2K

But it's unfair to judge him based on the chances he had last season. Mourinho has a completely different way of playing to LVG, and that could suit him better. How will we know until he's given a proper chance?
Because a manager will know what type of player suits the type of football they want to play.

And said manager will also decide having seen that player in training.It's not merely an arbitrary decision to drop him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Was always against signing him. Never saw ability in him. Other people claimed he was as good as ronaldo when we signed him, i thought and hoped he could be as good as Nani atleast. I dint want us to give him number 7 or sign him in the first place. Looks like he will be gone in january or the summer. Hope he leaves and we sign a forward in january in place of him.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Style-wise, he's a right-footed version of Hulk. But he'll do well to even have a career equal to Hulk.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
I really don't understand the hate Memphis is getting in the caf and also in the training ground. He has surely not performed the way he has in his home league (Ducth) but we cant expect the level to be same and we were prepared to give him time and evolve. He need better man management, a proper trainer and a motivator to tell him, " its gonna be okay !! you just do your stuff !!". I mean I can see the player running like wild dog behind the ball in as much time he got under jose! he wants to prove himself but he is so scared that he will not get his chance if he cant score a goal with a minute he is on the grass makes him take those outrageous shots ( I very well know his shot taking addiction). But at this point I am happy he takes shot, and would rather train and encourage him to get in better position and go for shots ! maybe a ricocheted ball will fall on one of our own player in the box and create a chance. His dribbling has been great, his strength is right for the league , he is very much like Xerdan Shaqiri who has been great so far. I would rather have him play out wide and whip in crosses to Zlatan, play Marcus or Anthony as striker along with then to let them keep suffering playing out wide and cutting in which make the D box more crowded and finally nothing comes out if it. I would have also encouraged Memphis to stimulate if we must and draw fouls. I think he can take it . Please match goers !! Support the lad .. maybe even sing for him, let him know he is loved and the same goes for every other player we know they can are unable to do so far !!

mewnew11

I really don't understand the hate Memphis is getting in the caf and also in the training ground. He has surely not performed the way he has in his home league (Ducth) but we cant expect the level to be same and we were prepared to give him time and evolve. He need better man management, a proper trainer and a motivator to tell him, " its gonna be okay !! you just do your stuff !!". I mean I can see the player running like wild dog behind the ball in as much time he got under jose! he wants to prove himself but he is so scared that he will not get his chance if he cant score a goal with a minute he is on the grass makes him take those outrageous shots ( I very well know his shot taking addiction). But at this point I am happy he takes shot, and would rather train and encourage him to get in better position and go for shots ! maybe a ricocheted ball will fall on one of our own player in the box and create a chance. His dribbling has been great, his strength is right for the league , he is very much like Xerdan Shaqiri who has been great so far. I would rather have him play out wide and whip in crosses to Zlatan, play Marcus or Anthony as striker along with then to let them keep suffering playing out wide and cutting in which make the D box more crowded and finally nothing comes out if it. I would have also encouraged Memphis to stimulate if we must and draw fouls. I think he can take it . Please match goers !! Support the lad .. maybe even sing for him, let him know he is loved and the same goes for every other player we know they can are unable to do so far !!
Fantastic post. Well done

Masterman

Remember how Depay once upon a time mocked Van Persie? "Do big boys play for Fenerbahce?" Sounds like he will be fortunate if he can be playing for Fenerbahce at Van Persie's age.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am tired of posters confusing, people thinking a player isn't good enough with hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.