Mourinho Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldoVII

I registered on there to read it as you get 2 free articles a week. Just says about a buildup of things that the people above weren't impressed with that grew more and more over time and then last summer the falling out professionally with Woodward.

Reddy Rederson

If Fellaini being the third best player at Utd is true then that is fecking stupid negotiation skills. Even Trump would call it a shitty deal.
We all know Woodward has been fecking up left and right. How many players have had their year extensions activated instead of deals being done in a timely manner? I’m pretty sure at last count we have 15 players with less than 2 years or less left on their contracts. The wage bill is stupid. We pay more than city as I recall. Woodward has just been shit. There’s no other way to put it. Over paying, fannying about with contacts, letting agents squeeze big fees out of him. Elbows being third best paid player though? Not sure that true. According to https://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/ he’s on 100 grand a week. So 8 players earn more than he does. Unless there’s bonuses or something not accounted for.

I dont know what’s been going on with recruiting, but I find it hard to believe that three managers have been buying shit while this guy just signs the checks and has no input. The biggest head scratcher was di Maria, a classic example of a flair player who then shit the bed when lvg tried to shoehorn him into a specific role. At the time I thought what was lvg thinking, but now I think ed has been buying players and forcing them onto managers. Just a guess of course, but it makes sense as to why we keep buying players that don’t really fit what we need. How long have we needed a right winger for example? Yet have repeatedly relied on mata out there.

Getting shot of Jose might be a good start, but I’m convinced ed needs to take a walk as well before we can actually start to move forward with any meaning.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph gives his thoughts on Mourinho's sacking. He makes some very good points and exposes some of the lies by certain pro Mourinho Journos on the goings on at the club.

RAVred

Dont even know where to start with this post. Its a mess.

And Real have won 4 UCLs since Jose left.
Mourinho got real madrid back at the level where they can go deep in the Champions League.. Mourinho won a title with 100 points and the most goals scored in La Liga history, during Barcelona's golden era. The same year that Messi got an insane record 91 goals in that calendar year.

Real Madrids UCL run is tainted with Drug scandals right now and if you watched the game was already tainted by highly questionable refereeing decisions, which eventually fade regardless. They still have hardly challenged in the league as much as they should. Players ego's being inflated and worth more than the club is evident when managers get sacked halfway through a season and mediocre and unproven managers like their current ones get offered a multi year contract. Real Madrid dressing room is full of inflated egos such as Ramos and previously Ronaldo (who I believe it was Mourinho? noted that he carried a mirror around pre game).

Josep Dowling

He needed to go but I really don’t get why anyone thinks it going to turn around instantly.

We need better players in at least 4 positions, 2 of our best players won’t sign extended contracts and we have brought in an interim manager who got relegated the last time he managed in the Premier League. Will Solskjær be given money in January? We desperately need a boost in the transfer market but I feel it won’t happen, City and PSG have completely inflated the market for everyone so our budget will likely get us 1 player when we need more. Please buy Sancho though, whilst our defence is poor the lack of RW has hurt us so much going forward for years. I still can’t work out how 3 managers hasn’t worked that one out.

Josep Dowling

So he wore a hoodie and it’s being reported now. Seems very petty.
Usual nonsense by media outlets acting like they have the inside knowledge. He got sacked because of results on the pitch and the general atmosphere around the club.

Cloud7

Even McTominay did him in then
Whether that bit is true or not, I can’t imagine McT is very fond of Jose. While he did introduce him into the first team, Jose absolutely threw him to the dogs this season by playing him at CB, often in a fecking two man CB pairing, as part of his vindictive crusade against the board for not buying him another CB. McT’s performances in those positions were horrible, as expected, but you can’t blame him for that when he’s still finding his feet in his primary position at this level, then throwing him in a completely new one like that. I doubt he’s very fond of him after that, but then that’s just my suspicion. Could be absolutely wrong of course.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jason Burt also states that Mourinho had made the place so toxic that even the non playing staff was suffering from his behaviour. The negativity also started affecting the youth players.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Like it or not, Mourinho is our most successful manager since Sir Alex retired. He took this team as far as he did and we must thank him for the trophies and improved league seasons and leave the hatred and bile behind.

Let's never have this kind of cancerous atmosphere on this forum again.
One of the biggest mistakes the club has ever made, getting rid of Mourinho. It was the players, it was always the players. Now, nobody good will come and manage this joke of a club. What a sad day for football fans of Manchester United.
The club's fanbase is cancer.. No other ways about it.
Utd are just a sacking club now. Where has the United way gone? It's a shambles from top to bottom.
Let's just hope the club has a clue going forward.

Jose got us back on track until this season, anyone who claims otherwise is a downright fool. We should have pushed on but clowns above him (and below) had other ideas.
I'm still the same. Wrong decision, we should have gotten the prima donnas out and bettered the squad. Costs too much to change first team players though.
:lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Jose of old had some charisma. Don't remember when he smiled being a United manager.

Theonas

Scout
He needed to go but I really don’t get why anyone thinks it going to turn around instantly.
Who did you see say that? The majority on here are just happy that his toxic presence and negative attitude is one less thing to be annoyed about. Performance and result wise, the majority seems to be in agreement that it is the first step towards a much needed restructuring of the club and are looking to see the next six months as period of evaluation. We are just happy that we can look forward to games without having a villainous figure at the helm, hoping to see some upturn based on newfound momentum and looking forward to starting work on identifying a clearer vision for the future. All things that couldn't have happened with Mourinho as manager.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I’m genuinely shocked with how this all ended. Thought he’d really take us up a few levels and make us a very efficient, tactically astute side but he’s left us in a worse state than he’s found us.

I’d like to be grateful but I never warmed to him to be honest so I’m just happy to see the back of his miserable, negative tenure.
Yeh.. the honeymoon was a blast, but went wrong faster than you can spell José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix Gone.

Ashley R1+O

No qualms from me, the minute the transfer window ended his position became almost untenable. I'll be interested to see how Ole goes, but I don't think this will be the quick fix that people want it to be. A big part of the problem was the relentless negativity toward Mourinho from the fans, I get it though. Hard to feel sorry for one that was never really our own, but the first two seasons were commendable. This one descended into a shit show.

T A

I had hoped that he would have been our new SAF. Totally wrong.

Used to be one of my inspirational football figures but it seems that i didnt watch him enough, know him well enough before his landing here, or he wasnt The Special One that i used to know anymore.

His time with us really hurt my feelings. It felt like your favourite idol faded away days after days, and your belief was being betrayed. It was painful to watch

Lentwood

That strawman would look great with a little hat and a bow tie.
How is it a strawman? I said under LvG that changing the manager wasn’t the solution and I was proved right. I was told LvG played boring, rigid, dull football that wasn’t a good fit for Utd and that the players would flourish under a better manager.

Forgive me but all I read on this forum is that Jose plays boring, rigid, dull football and wasn’t a good fit for Utd and that the players will flourish under a better manager

What if they don’t? What if they are just crap like I suspect they might be? Sack the next bloke?

Lentwood

Are you having a laugh?

Nobody said those are excellent players. Nobody. This post reeks of bitterness at Mourinho's sacking.

We do have a good squad but it has to be taken into account that A) we are amidst a terrible season and the absence of Mourinho doesn't change that. The damage is done. B) The players who were either expected to improve under Mourinho or signings that werr expected to improve us didn't under his leadership. So that will continue to be a problem.

The improvement will come via two methods - A) The new manager managing this team but better but also B) Undoing the mistakes of the previous manager by bolstering the squad to be in line with his vision. And this may take time of course, at least to get us challenging. And the new manager has to be the right own too.

This season? I expect nothing. It's a write off for me. The caretaker can hopefully develop the younger lot well. But more importantly, we need to lay the groundwork for the next manager for next season. It's all about next season for me.
I don’t accept that. Why is this season I write off then? I keep being told Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Martial etc...are excellent players...many posters have claimed we have the 2nd or 3rd best squad in the league

Saying “this season is a write-off” is a kop out. We are still in the CL, we are still in the FA Cup, we are one good run away from being back in contention for 4th. If our players are good but they were treated unfairly and used incorrectly by that mean old man Jose then why are you giving them a 20+ game free pass?

Am I bitter at Jose being sacked? Well, I don’t know Jose, I don’t particularly care for Jose but I suppose what does really p**s me off is that the players seem to have been given a free pass again.

This lazy bunch of mediocre wasters have hidden behind three managers now and this season alone Smalling, Herrera, Martial and Shaw have been given extensions. I want to see the players critiqued in the same way our managers are critiqued. It’s bizarre the way we’ll give the actual players who play the actual football a million excuses but our managers get slaughtered

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Jose left a mess. Like at his previous clubs, we need to do a lot of cleaning up.

For me, only Jose is to blame. The way he set up the whole season was bound to fail. Just look at the pre-season, even then you could feel things were not right.

Moonwalker

I don’t accept that. Why is this season I write off then? I keep being told Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Martial etc...are excellent players...many posters have claimed we have the 2nd or 3rd best squad in the league

Saying “this season is a write-off” is a kop out. We are still in the CL, we are still in the FA Cup, we are one good run away from being back in contention for 4th. If our players are good but they were treated unfairly and used incorrectly by that mean old man Jose then why are you giving them a 20+ game free pass?

Am I bitter at Jose being sacked? Well, I don’t know Jose, I don’t particularly care for Jose but I suppose what does really p**s me off is that the players seem to have been given a free pass again.

This lazy bunch of mediocre wasters have hidden behind three managers now and this season alone Smalling, Herrera, Martial and Shaw have been given extensions. I want to see the players critiqued in the same way our managers are critiqued. It’s bizarre the way we’ll give the actual players who play the actual football a million excuses but our managers get slaughtered
Yeah, that would be stupid, considering it's the manager who's in charge of the players and not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.