Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jib

No way for the last comment, people need to go and watch some videos also look at Yayas stats in his prime, he was averaging 90 passes per game at times, i think their pretty similar but Yaya used to gas himself out a lot, Pogba could potentially do more going the other way, but he still has to do work to match Yayas playmaking and scoring, he has the ability to do so definitely.
I disagree. Pogba is easily a better playmaker. But Yaya is more effective at scoring.
Overall Pogba is more gifted but Yaya at his prime was a better player ( he was older tbf ).
Pogba's playmaking is seriously underrated.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No way for the last comment, people need to go and watch some videos also look at Yayas stats in his prime, he was averaging 90 passes per game at times, i think their pretty similar but Yaya used to gas himself out a lot, Pogba could potentially do more going the other way, but he still has to do work to match Yayas playmaking and scoring, he has the ability to do so definitely.
I watched him tearing up the league and have watched plenty of videos. His playmaking was good but a level below Pogba's. Silva was the genuine playmaker in that team. Pogba is a genuine playmaker, his ability to pick a pass is amazing and his reading of offensive movement is sublime.

Righteous Steps

I disagree. Pogba is easily a better playmaker. But Yaya is more effective at scoring.
Overall Pogba is more gifted but Yaya at his prime was a better player ( he was older tbf ).
What makes him a better playmaker and easily at that? 14/15 for example Toure was making 83.1 passes per game at like 89% success rate, no attacking/side midfielder in the league is coming close to that. I think Pogba has more variety in his passing and range, but he isn’t a better playmaker.

Righteous Steps

I watched him tearing up the league and have watched plenty of videos. His playmaking was good but a level below Pogba's. Silva was the genuine playmaker in that team. Pogba is a genuine playmaker, his ability to pick a pass is amazing and his reading of offensive movement is sublime.
I think some of the stereotyping he got was in line with the people who ignore Pogbas wonderful technique in favour of his athleticism, you say Silva was the genuine playmaker, yet he was making less passes. They were both playmakers it doesn’t have to be either or.

Pogba is only 25 though, he can chose to be whatever he wants but i feel he has too much attacking verve and genius/spontaneity to be a Xavi or Silva playmaking type, his comparison would be De Bruyne,or Eriksen who is like the middle road between the two of them.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

he would have had more assists if Ibra hadn't been so wasteful
Yes, this is why the obsession with Ibras time here sometimes annoys me. I get it, legendary striker joining us and getting a pretty good return but he was really crap at times and at the expense of the team and other players too. He missed many chances Pogba created for him IIRC.

Mick321

Brilliant in the second half, feels like even if the whole team plays crap he can still win games on his own, he's that good (not that the team were crap tonight). Wish he'd cut the diving out though.

Web of Bissaka

Superb again.

Really need to keep himself checked with his temper though. That one needless 2 foot lunge tackle at the late 80s minute is unnecessary. Can easily be book, thankfully not this time. It's not the first time, he have done this kind of thing before.

We need him available, not suspended.

Jaromil

Agree to a point. I thought offensively he was a monster. Absolutely immense. However, defensively he is weak. He needs defensively minded players around him to allow him the freedom to play to his strength.
6/10 from me.
Pogba was the player who won the most tackles.

Also second best recoveries (13) behind Matic (14).

Last edited by a moderator:

laughtersassassin

Neither.
I think a lot of you are confusing him running half the pitch with the ball then losing it as playing well.

He made terrible decisions all game.

Even the goal he could have played it to Rashford but i give him credit for it.

He had a good last 10 minutes thats it
When you got a user name like that you have zero credibility. Honestly should probably just be banned since names like that always come with blatant trolls.

Posh Red

I think some of the stereotyping he got was in line with the people who ignore Pogbas wonderful technique in favour of his athleticism, you say Silva was the genuine playmaker, yet he was making less passes. They were both playmakers it doesn’t have to be either or.

Pogba is only 25 though, he can chose to be whatever he wants but i feel he has too much attacking verve and genius/spontaneity to be a Xavi or Silva playmaking type, his comparison would be De Bruyne,or Eriksen who is like the middle road between the two of them.
Toure played in a side with far more emphasis on possession. Out of interest do you have any stats on chance creation etc?

Djemba-Djemba

Grew into the game as it went on.

Was running the show by the end.

This is the Paul Pogba I've always wanted to see at Utd.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was great away at Arsenal last year too, but for some reason the narrative is insistent on pretending he’s only played well for us over the last 8 games. But whatever, long may he reign.

Sylar

I thought he was wrong to shoot :lol:
But I guess it's an assist

Monster second half

Robertd0803

I kept wondering why he didn't pass in a few situations similar to the 3rd goal. But then it was pretty obvious afterwards what he was looking to do. Arsenal couldn't cope with him at times.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Would have honestly given him a 0 if it wasn't for the contribution he made to Martials goal and the last 10 minutes.
Actually borderline disgraceful today.

Misplaced passes,terrible decision making,languid,pathetic defending and tracking back. Unnecessarily losing the ball and putting us under pressure.

3/10 for me.

He reminds me so much of Rooneys later years at times. When hes good he great,when hes bad he's sunday league awful.
Grow up

Cloud7

Would have honestly given him a 0 if it wasn't for the contribution he made to Martials goal and the last 10 minutes.
Actually borderline disgraceful today.

Misplaced passes,terrible decision making,languid,pathetic defending and tracking back. Unnecessarily losing the ball and putting us under pressure.

3/10 for me.

He reminds me so much of Rooneys later years at times. When hes good he great,when hes bad he's sunday league awful.
Hope you’re enjoying your vacation Jose. Can’t wait for your next appearance on Bein Sports.

Morpheus 7

He entered beast mode in the second half, Paul has been excellent. We are seeing real consistentcy in his performances, comittment the lot.

Walters_19_MuFc

First half was pretty bad, to be honest. Not only on the ball, but off it too. Gave it away a few times and didn't really look like he was up for it too much.

Second half, however, he was a different player. His ability to drive with the ball made us dangerous on the counter. The Arsenal players couldn't live with him.

Irwin99

Like watching a completely different player in this set up. He's very suited to playing on the counter attack and he's obviously happier. Genuinely a World Class player IMO.

haram

Just me that thought he was ambling around a bit when it came to defending in the second half? Looked tired, but then he would gain all this energy to drive with the ball.

klayton88

It wasn't Wright it was actually Souness. We all know he's had a hard on for PP since he arrived.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
That 2nd half was easy work for Pogba. Stepped up a gear and Arsenal couldn't live with him. I mean it's Paul Pogba, of course they couldn't.

He needs a rest soon though.

His Roy of the rovers performances can't carry on. He's gave lots of energy this past month.

meamth

I like that confidence to score. Felt like finally we have someone who can bully the opposition like school kids. 80 minutes into the game, drive through that Arsenal midfield alone, no one can touch him, look up to goal, shoot! Amazing stuff.

Love him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He really is a monster of a player. I’m convinced he’s got 3 lungs too

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Surprised that he's being so highly rated in this match. He was great for the final 20 minutes or so, but before that I thought he was quite sloppy. Gave the ball away quite a bit either through over-hitting passes or holding on to it for too long and being tackled.

thepolice123

Toure was better at possession play but he was a flat track bully. Used to absolutely dominate the lesser teams but he regularly failed to step it up against the big teams. He was one of the reasons why City failed in Europe. Had questionable work ethic too.

worldinmotion66

In the second half he was always in the right position to pick up the clearance and drive forward on the counter. His ability to run with the ball a great distance, at speed, along with his passing ability, makes him the best in the world to initiate counter attacks when he has teammates ahead of him.

Ole is setting the team up the right way, to the strengths of our attackers and in a way that the club is traditionally expected. Long may it continue, it's getting the best out of our best player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Decision making was off in terms of the final ball.. although you could also argue there’s many mistimed runs as well from colleagues - however I thought he was a beast in terms of how he broke through enemy lines. Such a force of nature.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Barring a few times he held on to the ball to long, that was a cracking second half performance. His technique is absurd.

And Ole is using him perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.