Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

ChaddyP

Don't think thats the correct way of looking at it. There's many things to consider between them...for example:

Is Pogba better than Kante?
Does Pogba have a higher potential than Kante?
Is Pogba more marketable than Kante?
Has Pogba proven himself over more years than Kante?
Is signing a player from Leicester easier than signing a player from Juventus?

If you want to be simplistic over the transfer then...is Michy Batishuyai worth more than Kante?

Edit - Also didn't Chelsea put in a big bid for Pogba last year? (or the year before can't remember)....something like 90m euros.
what a post bump :lol:

no worries mate we dealt with the chav about 50 pages ago

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is Ibra not on the tour?

Things are heating up, but transfers do fall through sometimes, look at DDG.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
we need to start cutting that shit out and start winning the league . Or we will not be able to keep this up
I think with the management of Mourinho and the caliber of players we are bringing in we should be OK for a CL spot
what a post bump :lol:

no worries mate we dealt with the chav about 50 pages ago
I remembered it from yesterday but couldn't be bothered to reply :o

Glad to hear it though, garbage argument from him

FujiVice

I find the best way to look at is, if you think Pogba's fee is to high I just think of December 2015. The idea of having Mourinho, Zlatan and Pogba sounded unthinkable during the form we were on.

brian017

Is Ibra not on the tour?

Things are heating up, but transfers do fall through sometimes, look at DDG.
That was because Real thought they could wait til Deadline Day before bidding. They didn't count on Woody taking a sledgehammer to our fax machine.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This transfer will drag. The fact it's only being reported today we are preparing a bid, after a month of speculation shows how much it is already dragging! I predict this may even go down to deadline day like the Bale world record deal did.

VanGaalEra

Popped out, came back and read the last 10 pages. All I can say is :lol: :lol:

Thread turned from dead to gold in the last 12 hours or so.

Judas

Open to offers
This transfer will drag. The fact it's only being reported today we are preparing a bid, after a month of speculation shows how much it is already dragging! I predict this may even go down to deadline day like the Bale world record deal did.
Not a chance in hell. Just because the media has been talking about it for ages doesn't mean the actual deal has been dragging.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
No chance.

Offside

Not a chance in hell. Just because the media has been talking about it for ages doesn't mean the actual deal has been dragging.
The indication I get is that it is miles of happening. Juve want to keep him and the player doesn't even seem convinced.

ChaddyP

Sane to Manchester City has been dragging on even longer. I find this saga moving rather quickly given the circumstances. People are just still burnt over Vidal saga

wr8_utd

:'(
This is starting to sound exactly like the Vidal summer. The story starts to break early summer, player away for international duty, lots of Italian papers start to say it's close to completion, the ITKs all say United are "preparing a bid" and "set to present offer", nothing happens for 2 weeks and then player stays at Juve and moves elsewhere next summer. Just need some Juve officals to come out and say every player has a price etc but they want to keep him. It's sounding very very similar to the Vidal summer for me and I'm not even a Transfer muppetry skeptic.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I feel like we have been "opening talks in the coming days" for at lesst a month
Woody is probably figuring out an instalment plan....i just get the impression it is now a matter of sorting out the finer details with Juve.

buchansleftleg

I'm prepared to cut LVG some slack here...probably lost in translation. He was probably referring to Port (wine) and a mince pie. Rather than normal wine.

The fortified wine tyically has a raisiny flavour that enhances a mince pie.

your average glass of red is going to be "well hangin" with a Mince pie.

Anyway. Back to the Pogba thread! Cheers!

Offside

Raiola would not be meeting with Juventus as reported if Pogba didn't want to move.
He wouldn't have to arrange the meeting if Pogba really wanted out.

Pogba will want to stay at Juve but Jose will be desperate for him. He would probably happily move to Madrid but not us. The agent seems to be the one pushing for this as the fees are astronomical.

I want the player as he has star quality, I'm not arsed if we paid £300million. BUT, what I don't want is a Di Maria case where he reluctantly joins us in late-August, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

People act as though Juve are small-time, but if he stayed there they would have the team to be a contender to win the Champions League. We aren't even in that competition.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
This is starting to sound exactly like the Vidal summer. The story starts to break early summer, player away for international duty, lots of Italian papers start to say it's close to completion, the ITKs all say United are "preparing a bid" and "set to present offer", nothing happens for 2 weeks and then player stays at Juve and moves elsewhere next summer. Just need some Juve officals to come out and say every player has a price etc but they want to keep him. It's sounding very very similar to the Vidal summer for me and I'm not even a Transfer muppetry skeptic.
And then they sell Vidal for £25m a year later to bayern. Shit heads.

cully84

Pogba will want to stay at Juve but Jose will be desperate for him. He would probably happily move to Madrid but not us. The agent seems to be the one pushing for this as the fees are astronomical.

I want the player as he has star quality, I'm not arsed if we paid £300million. BUT, what I don't want is a Di Maria case where he reluctantly joins us in late-August, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

People act as though Juve are small-time, but if he stayed their they would have the team to try for the Champions League. We aren't even in that competition.
There's a big difference with Pogba, he's been here before and has clearly stated that he still loves the place.
personally i don't think he has any qualms about returning to United.

Eddy_JukeZ

People act as though Juve are small-time, but if he stayed there they would have the team to be a contender to win the Champions League. We aren't even in that competition.
I don't think Pogba wants to be disrespectful and flat out demand a transfer. If there was nothing in it, Raiola wouldn't be meeting with Juventus officials imo.

As for the Di Maria comparison, we'll have to wait and see if Pogba comes as to how it plays out. I don't think it'd be like that. Pogba and Di Maria seem different in their personality and character.

Agree that Juventus aren't small time though. They're an elite club. That's also why this transfer was never going to completed asap. Buying players off clubs that the club want to keep is never easy.

mu4c_20le

There's a big difference with Pogba, he's been here before and has clearly stated that he still loves the place.
personally i don't think he has any qualms about returning to United.
Exactly, I understand some fans are still hurt by the past but this is a completely different case. This kid has the mentality of a winner. IF he does come he wont leave until he's won a couple of titles and a CL.