Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The way I take it is that Pogba would be happy to stay at Juve.

In that case - if United feel that it is worth paying £100m to have Pogba play for them, then Juve will think it's worth turning down £100m to have him play for them. His importance to them would be that they would have an unreal squad ready to compete for the Champions League, possibly higher than the perceived importance he would have for us.

Obviously it would be different if Pogba wanted to leave, they would happily take £100m and see him off as it's a great offer and why keep an unhappy player? The reason I believe this transfer is dragging is because he hasn't asked to leave and Juve want to keep him. That is what the Italian media are saying.

Now, it does get to the point where the money becomes so ridiculous that the club gives up and accepts the bid, that's the only way I can see this transfer happening - as that female journalist seems to think.

Then, if he does come how committed will he be? I agree he is a different character to Di Maria, and it may be a stupid concern..only time would tell and Jose is an inspiring manager. For all I know he could be excited to put right what he left behind, it's just the case that yes he would have stayed at Juve but he is also happy to go to United.

We'll see. All I'm saying is Pogba is on holiday until August 6th and he doesn't seem in a hurry to sign for United. This deal will drag on in my opinion.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Raiola would not be meeting with Juventus as reported if Pogba didn't want to move.
Pogba is in the same situation DDG was in last summer. He doesnt mind staying but at the same time he knows moving would do him a world of good. But he isnt going to ask for a transfer because he doesnt want to alienate anyone especially the fans if the deal falls through.

ChaddyP

Exactly, I understand some fans are still hurt by the past but this is a completely different case. This kid has the mentality of a winner. IF he does come he wont leave until he's won a couple of titles and a CL.
Every time a poster comes in here we give them the same reply. are they not bored with it :lol:

come on folks

1) yes are aware some think he isnt worth the money

2) yes we know some of you think this is like di maria saga

3) yes we know some of you think this is like vidal saga

4) yes we also know some of you think this is like thiago saga

5) we are also aware that some think signing 3 players is better than signing just him

6) It was also brought to our attention that some of you think he will leave to madrid in 3 years

7) we are told also that he isnt world class yet

did i miss anything :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Pogba is in the same situation DDG was in last summer. He doesnt mind staying but at the same time he knows moving would do him a world of good. But he isnt going to ask for a transfer because he doesnt want to alienate anyone especially the fans if the deal falls through.
I agree.

Hojoon

He wouldn't have to arrange the meeting if Pogba really wanted out.

Pogba will want to stay at Juve but Jose will be desperate for him. He would probably happily move to Madrid but not us. The agent seems to be the one pushing for this as the fees are astronomical.

I want the player as he has star quality, I'm not arsed if we paid £300million. BUT, what I don't want is a Di Maria case where he reluctantly joins us in late-August, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

People act as though Juve are small-time, but if he stayed there they would have the team to be a contender to win the Champions League. We aren't even in that competition.
Di Maria was an exception rather than the norm. Plenty of players aren't at their favorite clubs but still give their all on the pitch because they're professionals and it's their jobs to do so.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Di Maria was an exception rather than the norm. Plenty of players aren't at their favorite clubs but still give their all on the pitch because they're professionals and it's their jobs to do so.
Agree. Look at De Gea.

zeekey

Every time a poster comes in here we give them the same reply. are they not bored with it :lol:

come on folks

1) yes are aware some think he isnt worth the money

2) yes we know some of you think this is like di maria saga

3) yes we know some of you think this is like vidal saga

4) yes we also know some of you think this is like thiago saga

5) we are also aware that some think signing 3 players is better than signing just him

6) It was also brought to our attention that some of you think he will leave to madrid in 3 years

7) we are told also that he isnt world class yet

did i miss anything :lol:
Zidane is more famous than giggs.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I don't think Pogba wants to be disrespectful and flat out demand a transfer. If there was nothing in it, Raiola wouldn't be meeting with Juventus officials imo.

As for the Di Maria comparison, we'll have to wait and see if Pogba comes as to how it plays out. I don't think it'd be like that. Pogba and Di Maria seem different in their personality and character.

Agree that Juventus aren't small time though. They're an elite club. That's also why this transfer was never going to completed asap. Buying players off clubs that the club want to keep is never easy.
It's nothing about disrespect - if he asks for a transfer than he will lose out on a loyalty bonus - it's purely a financial issue.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He wouldn't have to arrange the meeting if Pogba really wanted out.

Pogba will want to stay at Juve but Jose will be desperate for him. He would probably happily move to Madrid but not us. The agent seems to be the one pushing for this as the fees are astronomical.

I want the player as he has star quality, I'm not arsed if we paid £300million. BUT, what I don't want is a Di Maria case where he reluctantly joins us in late-August, and clearly doesn't want to be here.

People act as though Juve are small-time, but if he stayed there they would have the team to be a contender to win the Champions League. We aren't even in that competition.
Eh? His agent is going to force through a move he doesn't want to happen. That's crazy talk.

Anustart89

Why do our representatives need to meet Juve representatives to place an initial bid, that's likely to be rejected? I'd imagine it'd go like this

"We want to offer you €100m for Pogba"
"No, we need-a more maaani"
"Okay, I'll be back" Leaves office with a sad expression on his face

Sounds bad from an economic POV and an environmental one.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why do our representatives need to meet Juve representatives to place an initial bid, that's likely to be rejected? I'd imagine it'd go like this

"We want to offer you €100m for Pogba"
"No, we need-a more maaani"
"Okay, I'll be back" Leaves office with a sad expression on his face

Sounds bad from an economic POV and an environmental one.
If you offer the 'asking price' right away, you lose leverage.

Anustart89

If you offer the 'asking price' right away, you lose leverage.
That wasn't my point. My point was why we'd have to meet them in person, rather than offering it via any of the many technological avenues available to both clubs. I'd imagine Juventus have phones, e-mails, faxes (!), and computers.

Bosws87

I can't believe there is people in this thread that genuinely believe Pogba has no interest and that his agent is just on a one man crusade to get a move just to fill his pocket. :lol:

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
That wasn't my point. My point was why we'd have to meet them in person, rather than offering it via any of the many technological avenues available to both clubs. I'd imagine Juventus have phones, e-mails, faxes (!), and computers.
At this very moment Ed is trying to send the offer by pigeon post but the damned pigeon keeps flying back to Manchester

Scholsey2004

This is starting to sound exactly like the Vidal summer. The story starts to break early summer, player away for international duty, lots of Italian papers start to say it's close to completion, the ITKs all say United are "preparing a bid" and "set to present offer", nothing happens for 2 weeks and then player stays at Juve and moves elsewhere next summer. Just need some Juve officals to come out and say every player has a price etc but they want to keep him. It's sounding very very similar to the Vidal summer for me and I'm not even a Transfer muppetry skeptic.
Yeah, I think if this was going to happen it probably would have by now.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I can't believe there is people in this thread that genuinely believe Pogba has no interest and that his agent is just on a one man crusade to get a move just to fill his pocket. :lol:
Pogba is in for a real shock when he lands in Turin, strolls into Juventus training camp...
Pogba: "Hey Lads, back from my holiday!"
Allegri: "Why the f-- are you here?"
Pogba: "Sorry I'm a bit late boss"
Allegri: "Why aren't you in manchester f- off you mercenary"

buckooo1978

Get the feeling we will get Pogba

Think Woodward will work especially hard to get him and we will end up paying about 110 million

Crazy but feck it eh

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is a ridiculous stand off tbh.

Pogba apparently saying he will only move if Juve agree to a deal, and Juve saying they will only agree to a deal if Pogba says he wants to move.

Something has to give somewhere obviously, and one of them will need to blink first if it's to happen. Smart money is on Juve making the first move and accepting an astronomical fee, in which case Pogba can then exercise his right to say, 'well Juve agreed a fee, so I guess I'll go'. However, the noises Juve are putting out is that they will reject even the most ridiculous so long as the player doesn't tell them he wants to leave.

VanGaalEra

Why are Serie A fans bitter over this. Imagine all the other PL clubs were bitter over Ronaldo going to Madrid.

:wenger:

Red Bug

I've been at a BBQ all evening, what's the latest? Like, real stuff not some fake ITK saying Pogba prefers to move to Stoke.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Haven't bothered with this thread for a whole lle day... Can someone ping me at the time when I have to change my location? Thanks