Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Fortitude
Agree that he's currently more of a #10 than an #8, to speak van Gaalish, but he'll develop further IMV. If he'd join us I really wouldn't know where Sir Wayne would fit in (which isn't a problem).
He's on the cusp - not quite one or the other, which is why the comparisons made to other players are so disparate. How he develops, or what he refines along the way is anyone's guess, but if I were to bet, he's going to become a full-blown #10 in the future because he's more on his way there than he is to becoming a consummate, all-action #8.

If we got him, I'm sure Mourinho would shuffle the team around to better suit him than Rooney, tbh.

PitchFork

Supports
Sao Paulo FC
@PitchFork
I'd say Rio came with a big reputation, and the fee illustrated that. He was great for us.
Yeah he did, you're right. It's also been pointed out Cantona was a big Leeds name too. I would even put Rooney in the big name signing for the fanfare that came with him. Though by celeb signing I was thinking more about continental stars, coming from Europe's big clubs, such as Veron and Di Maria. Falcao even though it was just a loan.

Mr Smith

I want Pogba, but Kante looked like the more valuable player on the pitch tonight.

Would Kante be considered a box to box mid? Are people saying Sneiderlin can do what Kante does just as well?

Pogba isn't worth more thatn 70 million. Not now, and not in 3 years.
Kante played as more of a defensive midfielder than a box-to-box midfielder tonight and excelled, so clearly he can do both. Seems like a top player.

I disagree with you completely on Pogba though. He's an outstanding player and I would be fine with us breaking the bank to get him back (Barca have done it half a dozen times with youth players they've let go).

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Don't know why people don't get this is a non-starter. Maybe if LVG was in charge he'd agree to this nonsense. Mourinho's actually a good manager and knows he needs to fix far more things than adding a luxury player in Pogba.

Pogba would never choose to come back while any other big team could have him. He wants to win Champions League not the Europa. If you had a job where your boss kept passing you over to the point where you got pissed off and left. Are you really going to come back once you make it big and everyone wants you?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't know why people don't get this is a non-starter. Maybe if LVG was in charge he'd agree to this nonsense. Mourinho's actually a good manager and knows he needs to fix far more things than adding a luxury player in Pogba.
Lol.

Pogba would never choose to come back while any other big team could have him. He wants to win Champions League not the Europa. If you had a job where your boss kept passing you over to the point where you got pissed off and left. Are you really going to come back once you make it big and everyone wants you?
Think he's over the SAF thing, but most do worry he'd prefer the Spanish giants.

Ephrem

Well today showed what pogba lacks and he is never a 100m player . I have never seen him controlling/bossing a mid-field battle franky against quality opposition. So as I mentioned earlier if he wants to move to Madrid for 100m let him move. Spend that 100m on Verrati or Koke or even Saul because this are the player that we need right now. Somebody who can control and boos the mid

Ixion

I heard we were going to sign Ronaldo but then he had a poor game in the Champions League final and decided against it.

Classical Mechanic

This is a brilliant post. He's not a control type midfielder. He has moments when he can decide games and when those moments aren't there, it can look like he's very ordinary.
The thing in our case is, you can argue we need someone who dominates the midfield not someone who plays in phases.
Do you think he was ordinary last night? He hit some outrageously good passes at times. One should have put Giroud clean through save for a poor lino call. I think he is a bit self indulgent, however, which makes him a 'luxury' player at present. He was getting really slack towards the end last night and it was a good call to sub him.

Interesting comparison. I'm by no means Gerrards biggest fan, in fact he would rank in my top 3 most detested players of all time. I just don't quite see that goal threat in Pogba that Stevie Me had in his pomp. Perhaps it's my ignorance of Italian football, I can see his quality driving forward but for me his shooting technique isn't as evident.
Pogba's shooting technique is fantastic, look up some of his long range efforts for Juve and United U18 & U21 for that matter.

We need an rvn

Well today showed what pogba lacks and he is never a 100m player . I have never seen him controlling/bossing a mid-field battle franky against quality opposition. So as I mentioned earlier if he wants to move to Madrid for 100m let him move. Spend that 100m on Verrati or Koke or even Saul because this are the player that we need right now. Somebody who can control and boos the mid
Last time I checked verrati dominates matches against championship level opposition in the French league but goes missing in the cl. Koke has never stepped up in the cl when athleti needed him too and Saul had one dribble that was mesmerising and you say they're all worth more than pogba? Sweet lord what wereyou drinking when you wrote this as I need some!!! ;)

togg

Prices really are getting crazy. There is no way Pogba is worth 80 odd million.

Anyway, I'm sure Jose is closely studying all the performances of potential targets. I'm not sure if he would have been blown over last night. I'm really not convinced yet whether I'd want him at United (although I think it's pretty obvious he'll go to RM anyway)

Ephrem

Last time I checked verrati dominates matches against championship level opposition in the French league but goes missing in the cl. Koke has never stepped up in the cl when athleti needed him too and Saul had one dribble that was mesmerising and you say they're all worth more than pogba? Sweet lord what wereyou drinking when you wrote this as I need some!!! ;)
Verrati goes missing on the champions league ? He always crush Chlesea and he alwayd dominates and boss the mid too . When PSG played against Barca a couple of season the kid bossed the mid .He is the general of the mid and pogba is of no comparison with Verrati as of now.Koke and Saul have shown much more than pogba . The level of oppositon at Italy is not that great too and its been slowly been changing to what happening in Germany with Bayern.

If we go with young mid fielders Verrati is the best . I think majoity here will agree with that. When ever I watched him its like wathching an young Scholes with better tackling.

Koke and Saul have shown more than pogba did. They may not be the poster guys or maynot have the same hype but this three guys are currently much better and should be valued more than pogba. But the point with pogba is he have the talent and tools to be better than them but it is yet to happen.

Pogba can be as good as Verrati and have the tools. But I dont think that will happen . People say he is the best young CM in Europe now but not for me . He will be always behind Verrati and Koke for me but he can match Saul and be better than him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Verrati goes missing on the champions league ? He always crush Chlesea and he alwayd dominates and boss the mid too . When PSG played against Barca a couple of season the kid bossed the mid .He is the general of the mid and pogba is of no comparison with Verrati as of now.Koke and Saul have shown much more than pogba . The level of oppositon at Italy is not that great too and its been slowly been changing to what happening in Germany with Bayern.

If we go with young mid fielders Verrati is the best . I think majoity here will agree with that. When ever I watched him its like wathching an young Scholes with better tackling.

Koke and Saul have shown more than pogba did. They may not be the poster guys or maynot have the same hype but this three guys are currently much better and should be valued more than pogba. But the point with pogba is he have the talent and tools to be better than them but it is yet to happen.

Pogba can be as good as Verrati and have the tools. But I dont think that will happen . People say he is the best young CM in Europe now but not for me . He will be always behind Verrati and Koke for me but he can match Saul and be better than him.
Young Scholes was a support striker, and then an extremely productive attacking central midfielder. He was not like Verrati.

Verrati doesn't score goals and he isn't clinically productive in the final third.

He's more comparable to the third incarnation of Scholes who no longer took shots or foraged in the final third.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A few days ago, someone compared him to Gerrard. That comparison is very apt.
He's not a Modric, Koke that can influence a game for 90mins. He just has moments within games where he can decide a game. If you're looking for someone to dominate the midfield, he's not your man.
He's a highlights player.

I don't get the comparisons to Gerrard at all. Gerrard was all-action, furious paced every-man type of midfielder as a youngster. His problem was trying to do too much and taking over all elements of a game rather than delegate. Pogba is not that way inclined and does not motor up and down the pitch like a man possessed in the way a young Gerrard used to do.

Pogba is incredibly hard to categorise or liken to others because he doesn't even know what he wants to be yet himself. He doesn't know how to defend or position himself and he has massive lulls during the 90 where he can look like a complete passenger all the while still carrying an immense offensive threat due to his natural ability, which means the same ineffectual player can suddenly turn a game with a pass, dribble or shot.

People look at his height, and his build (which I don't get because he is long and dangly) and assume he's some all-action dynamo CM, which he has never been; he's like a hybrid #10 with a smattering of #8 attributes rather than the reverse - if you want to get the best out of him, you play him the furthest forward in a midfield three with little defensive responsibility and a lot of cover for his lapses in concentration and periods of absence and you play him the ball as often as possible so that he can do something with it.

People are calling him a luxury player because they see him as a CM who doesn't work hard enough, but if you give him the leeway an offensive midfielder is supposed to have (where they are judged on their attacking contribution), he is far from a luxury or a liability, but then he has to be assessed by key passes, crosses, assists and goals. Pogba is more likely to thrive in that arena than he is as a box-to-box player who is supposed to be switched on in both directions all game. Pogba has never been able to do that, and if he does develop that part of his game, it will be one hell of an achievement.
I made that comparison but it wasn't in a positional sense or style. Rather, in the way the first post interprets it. That, like Gerrard, Pogba always appears, to me, to be a highlights reel player. Capable of wonderful things that scream of top class ability but also of inconsistencies, imperfection, a lack of control or sometimes, nothing, in between. He is still young so he has plenty of time to improve on that, but it's possible that it's more in his inherent nature than anything else.

And I agree that I wouldn't call it the sign of being a luxury player either but one that is simply more an attacking midfielder than a pure central midfielder or playmaker.

Ephrem

Young Scholes was a support striker, and then an extremely productive attacking central midfielder. He was not like Verrati.

Verrati doesn't score goals and he isn't clinically productive in the final third.

He's more comparable to the third incarnation of Scholes who no longer took shots or foraged in the final third.
Verrati does started as number 10 /behind the striker . Verrati is productive in terms of making that key pass that spilt the defense but if there is one short coming with him its that he doesnt shoot much often. I compared Scholes and Verrati in terms of their passing ability , their vision , how both are pretty accomplished in tight spaces , how well both plays both the short passing and long passing game and both have the same small physique.

Scholes was more of a box to box player and a playmaker at the same time. Verrati now always stay in the fornt of back four and do what he is at best. Scholes was always all round playmaker who does more the final third . Verrati is defensive playmaker who supports the final third. Right nowour mid is screeming for him though but PSG just wont sell

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Actually come to think of it, the likes of Toure and Gerrard are the perfect comparison even in terms of style.

Leaving aside the fact that whenever I watch Pogba he doesn't impose himself enough, the above two were basically attacking midfielders who won games for their teams, and at the same time contributed defensively to an extent by virtue of their physicality and running power. Isn't that the kind of role Pogba is suited to? If he can emulate Toure's consistent involvement in the game and overall control (at his peak, not of late), he'd be ideal for the exact same role. Gerrard was a little more enigmatic and less technical so possibly a slightly different skillset.

Stacks

Actually come to think of it, the likes of Toure and Gerrard are the perfect comparison even in terms of style.

Leaving aside the fact that whenever I watch Pogba he doesn't impose himself enough, the above two were basically attacking midfielders who won games for their teams, and at the same time contributed defensively to an extent by virtue of their physicality and running power. Isn't that the kind of role Pogba is suited to? If he can emulate Toure's consistent involvement in the game and overall control (at his peak, not of late), he'd be ideal for the exact same role. Gerrard was a little more enigmatic and less technical so possibly a slightly different skillset.
Gerrard did impose himself so I would take him out of this. but yeah Pogba is more Yaya than Zidane/Iniesta/Xavi type which of course isn't bad but certainly not world record fee worthy. such is football these days

ottosec

He has all the physical and technical qualities to be one of the best but he doesn't have the brain or the drive to make them work.

He is 23 now and I don't think he knows what he wants to do. I mean is he a box-to-box midfielder, is he a no. 10? He is basically just strolling around pimping the occasional hollywood ball or taking a 30 yard shot when he feels like it other than that he is basically useless. He doesn't use his strength to dominate opponents, he has no drive or workrate to be a B2B, he doesn't have the brain to be the main playmaker in a team and he doesn't have the positioning to be solid in defense.

I don't know, maybe all this ridiculous hype got to his head and feels like he's already made it, or maybe he just needs a manager who knows how to get the best of him, that can put him on a clear path and give him an identity.

I don't know why Madrid want him, Kroos and Modric are both superior players and playing all 3 is like playing Kroos-Modric-James all over again, none of them can defend for shit.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Verrati does started as number 10 /behind the striker . Verrati is productive in terms of making that key pass that spilt the defense but if there is one short coming with him its that he doesnt shoot much often. I compared Scholes and Verrati in terms of their passing ability , their vision , how both are pretty accomplished in tight spaces , how well both plays both the short passing and long passing game and both have the same small physique.

Scholes was more of a box to box player and a playmaker at the same time. Verrati now always stay in the fornt of back four and do what he is at best. Scholes was always all round playmaker who does more the final third . Verrati is defensive playmaker who supports the final third. Right nowour mid is screeming for him though but PSG just wont sell
You compared him to a young Scholes though, and they're really nothing alike. Young Scholes was lethal in the box, prolific, and a threat at all times in the final 3rd. That's not Verrati.

Scholes moved further back over his career because of age and necessity, and the Scholes in the last stage of his career is the most comparable to the little Italian, as he pulled the strings all game whilst rarely shooting or getting into the final third. In terms of latter-day Scholes, your comparison is pretty fair.

I just don't know about this. Yaya started out as a very good DM and deep CM who made his mark long before he got to the PL, and got lazier and lazier as well as more unfit throughout his career. He's a footballer who just doesn't look arsed rather than inept and unsure of what he is supposed to be doing on the pitch. In certain defensive situations, Pogba is just clueless and doesn't know where he's supposed to be - he doesn't have the same foundations as Yaya as he's always been an advanced CM or a deeper AM.

Gerrard was all-action with great ability but little footballing intelligence or refinery in his game, which is why he looked a lesser player in slower games or when his bluster wasn't working. Gerrard gave everything he had for 90 minutes and wasted a lot of energy in the process. I feel like his moments of spectacular play were in combination with him wasting his massive energy reserves by trying to be Roy of the Rovers. Gerrard also never let a game pass him by, and would go off ball-hunting and losing himself positionally in desperation to affect the game. Probably Pogba's biggest failing is the apathy he has and willingness to wait for the game to come back to him rather than get involved at all times ala Gerrard.

I get what you mean about Yaya at his best at City, but Pogba's scope and skillset is vaster than Yaya's ever was - the guy is a sublime crosser of the ball and his passing as a whole is superior. Yaya at his best for City was a drive through the middle like a tank kind of player, I think Pogba will always be more subtle, deft and elusive than that, but ultimately it's productivity that is the yardstick and I think in the right set up, Pogba probably can't match someone like Yaya's best assist+goal numbers, but can get close whilst being even more of a thorn in the side for opposing sides, albeit with a different approach.

For me, Pogba's measure should be matching the productivity of Oezil and Fabregas at their best. He's got little excuse to not provide as much as they do, or did, in Fabregas' case.

Classical Mechanic

He has all the physical and technical qualities to be one of the best but he doesn't have the brain or the drive to make them work.

He is 23 now and I don't think he knows what he wants to do. I mean is he a box-to-box midfielder, is he a no. 10? He is basically just strolling around pimping the occasional hollywood ball or taking a 30 yard shot when he feels like it other than that he is basically useless. He doesn't use his strength to dominate opponents, he has no drive or workrate to be a B2B, he doesn't have the brain to be the main playmaker in a team and he doesn't have the positioning to be solid in defense.

I don't know, maybe all this ridiculous hype got to his head and feels like he's already made it, or maybe he just needs a manager who knows how to get the best of him, that can put him on a clear path and give him an identity.

I don't know why Madrid want him, Kroos and Modric are both superior players and playing all 3 is like playing Kroos-Modric-James all over again, none of them can defend for shit.
I think you would need to build your team around Pogba which I think is what Deschamp is doing with Kante and Mutudi to cover his ass in the middle of the park. But yes, if you are going to build a team around someone, they need to be more productive.

LouisDanGaal

Don't watch Italian football as i'd imagine 95% of people on here don't so have about 10 games, champs for juve and a few for france to judge him on. Waiting until the end of the tournament to judge him properly, but I'm a bit mystified to why anyone is talking about a generational talent or breaking the transfer record for this guy, like genuinely I think the majority of people have seen a couple of his best moments on twitter and decided that he is an elite player, he may go on to be, but he doesn't understand football too well, he lost the ball consistently so stopped France getting into any rhythm, its called a simple pass and he doesn't have it in his locker.

Ephrem

You compared him to a young Scholes though, and they're really nothing alike. Young Scholes was lethal in the box, prolific, and a threat at all times in the final 3rd. That's not Verrati.

Scholes moved further back over his career because of age and necessity, and the Scholes in the last stage of his career is the most comparable to the little Italian, as he pulled the strings all game whilst rarely shooting or getting into the final third. In terms of latter-day Scholes, your comparison is pretty fair.

I just don't know about this. Yaya started out as a very good DM and deep CM who made his mark long before he got to the PL, and got lazier and lazier as well as more unfit throughout his career. He's a footballer who just doesn't look arsed rather than inept and unsure of what he is supposed to be doing on the pitch. In certain defensive situations, Pogba is just clueless and doesn't know where he's supposed to be - he doesn't have the same foundations as Yaya as he's always been an advanced CM or a deeper AM.

Gerrard was all-action with great ability but little footballing intelligence or refinery in his game, which is why he looked a lesser player in slower games or when his bluster wasn't working. Gerrard gave everything he had for 90 minutes and wasted a lot of energy in the process. I feel like his moments of spectacular play were in combination with him wasting his massive energy reserves by trying to be Roy of the Rovers. Gerrard also never let a game pass him by, and would go off ball-hunting and losing himself positionally in desperation to affect the game. Probably Pogba's biggest failing is the apathy he has and willingness to wait for the game to come back to him rather than get involved at all times ala Gerrard.

I get what you mean about Yaya at his best at City, but Pogba's scope and skillset is vaster than Yaya's ever was - the guy is a sublime crosser of the ball and his passing as a whole is superior. Yaya at his best for City was a drive through the middle like a tank kind of player, I think Pogba will always be more subtle, deft and elusive than that, but ultimately it's productivity that is the yardstick and I think in the right set up, Pogba probably can't match someone like Yaya's best assist+goal numbers, but can get close whilst being even more of a thorn in the side for opposing sides, albeit with a different approach.

For me, Pogba's measure should be matching the productivity of Oezil and Fabregas at their best. He's got little excuse to not provide as much as they do, or did, in Fabregas' case.
Yea I agree. Comparison should be with scholes of the 30's. Frankly I started watching Scholes frequently only after he moved to deep . A deeper Scholes still scored goals and assisted many in every seaosn . Thats something Verrati is yet to do . Unless he started doind that his statistics wont be flashy to many people . But if there is a special young CM out there its Verrati for me closely followed by Koke.

Frankly I dont think Verrati will score 10+goals or event assist 10 + in every season . He will score the odd goals here and there . Same with assist to . But he will just boss the mid in terms of passing , key passes , winning ball ,tackling . Just hope he will play for us one day

Last edited:

Miscemayl

Pogba is great and will most likely become one of the best in the world but at the astronomical prices being quoted, I hope we don't sign him.

We are rich but we still have our limits.
Signing Pogba would most likely use up most of our transfer budget.

If we had a very strong squad and just need a gem at the top (e.g. RM), he'll be a great signing.

We have too many positions needing strengthening to use the majority of the budget on Pogba.

Ephrem

Don't watch Italian football as i'd imagine 95% of people on here don't so have about 10 games, champs for juve and a few for france to judge him on. Waiting until the end of the tournament to judge him properly, but I'm a bit mystified to why anyone is talking about a generational talent or breaking the transfer record for this guy, like genuinely I think the majority of people have seen a couple of his best moments on twitter and decided that he is an elite player, he may go on to be, but he doesn't understand football too well, he lost the ball consistently so stopped France getting into any rhythm, its called a simple pass and he doesn't have it in his locker.
Pogba should watch Verrati and learn . Pogba have the talent and tools to be even better than him but he is not applying those

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yea I agree. Comparison should be with scholes of the 30's. Frankly I started watching Scholes frequently only after he moved to deep . A deeper Scholes still scored goals and assisted many in every seaosn . Thats something Verrati is yet to do . Unless he started doind that his statistics wont be flashy to many people . But if there is a special young CM out there its Verrati for me closely followed by Koke.

Frankly I dont think Verrati will score 10+goals or event assist 10 + in every season . He will score the odd goals here and there . Same with assist to . But he will just boss the mid in terms of passing , key passes , winning ball ,tackling . Just hope he will play for us one day
Verrati is great, but he is unobtainable. Money is of no interest to PSG and the player doesn't want to leave, either. When he does go, the Spanish sides will be all over him. Can't see him ever setting foot in the PL, tbh.

I've got a lot of posts about Koké, but they're from last year, and since then, it's become pretty clear he's not leaving A.M, so I stopped talking about him.

There aren't many obtainable established targets out there to go after, so we really don't have a lot of choice unless we go for more unproven talent.

I personally feel like Pogba is a great signing for the right club, but that he has to be catered to big time, otherwise he's easily marginalised and ineffective. Him advanced, Kanté and somebody else in a midfield would be fantastic. I'd gladly put all our creative burden from midfield on him and have others do the donkey work behind him in lieu of having a proper all-round CM in there.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He has got so much ability but whenever I actually get to watch him play he just looks like a highlights reel player.

JASR

Official Redcafe Union Rep for City Posters Rights
Supports
City
fecking hell, the Paul Pogba thread on Bluemoon has over 3000 (yes, three 0's!) pages. We will never be bigger transfer muppets than City.
The megathread started in oct 2013.
It has 10 posts per page.

So 3235x10 = 32350 posts - a helluvar lot. But many are one line replies.

Compared with this singular thread about pogba of just 23 days...

47x40 = 1880 posts.

Only about a year to go, and it'll be the same number. Heh.

sammyvine

Gerrard and Toure are very different

sammyvine

Why do people always say stuff like this?
He hasn't got the drive....
I think his style of play makes it seem like he is lazy but I don't see that at all.

redshaw

He's a very raw talent. I'm sure that's what some others feel on here. I don't think many are hyping him to be the finished article. While he had some neat touches last night, overall when he and Griezmann went off they played better. I'm going to judge more at the end of the tournament.

I do worry if he comes here, that people outside and the player himself will say he's stopped developing and we're not getting the best out of him. When players come here they have to do more and work harder, he's very raw still, bags of potential. Pogba was giving it the big one before the game, he still has that mentality it seems. The pace power, height and skill is impressive though. There was a loose ball and Pogba just used his speed and ability to quickly retrieve it like no other player could. He should be bossing the midfield.

Thought he was decent for about 25 mins and faded. it was a good move to change things.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I would rather sign Modric even though he's 30.
If we are looking for someone younger, Koke is a better player IMO. I wouldn't complain if we signed him though. Even at the €80m. It's not my money. Just feel wig €20m less we can activate a better player's clause.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would rather sign Modric even though he's 30.
If we are looking for someone younger, Koke is a better player IMO. I wouldn't complain if we signed him though. Even at the €80m. It's not my money. Just feel wig €20m less we can activate a better player's clause.
But Pogba coached by Mourinho and played as an hybrid #8/#10 would be perfect, Pogba needs to join a top manager.

Slavkov

I have been waiting for three years to see something from him and I am still waiting... He has produced some marvellous things in serie A, in which I think Southampton will be the second best team, but I have never seen him produce something on the big stage...He has been totally mediocre and it is a pity because he has so many atrributes to his game and I honestly have no idea why he has not turned into a much better player by now...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Needs to relax more I think. Looked a bit tense on the pitch yesterday whereas Payet looked more focused and calm.

NoLogo

I think he actually was quite good. Didn't have any real highlight moments but his technique on the ball and little flick ons always seemed to get him out of very tight spaces. Certainly not his best game but still a fairly good performance.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think last night will do him the world of good. You could see the look of puzzle on his face as he was being substituted, like he has some god given right to stay on the pitch because of who he is. Fact is his sub was deserved, as he was offering nothing at that time and will serve as a good kick up the arse for him.

I think the problem is this lad is starting to get a bit carried away believing the hype surrounding him. When enough people say he's one of, if not the midfielders in the game it will go to his head, and that is clear to see with the arrogance he displays.

The lad has it all there for him though and really does have the tools to become one of the best players. But he needs to keep his feet grounded, try not to listen to all the shite surrounding him, work hard and just go about his own business. This price tag on him will again do him no favours at all, If he gets sold for 100m, then the buying football club are going to expect an instant impact, not someone who is still developing.