Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

murphs_law

Pogba???? Sh1t at the wc, Sh1te on friday Sh1te in the CL, in fact i can not remember seeing him play well.... Can someone tell me a good video to watch so i can see what he actually does. Because i am yet to see it.
He is a good player, just not worth one tenth the hype he is getting. So i want to see!

Last edited:

Nedved

Pogba???? Sh1t at the wc, Sh1te today Sh1te in the CL, in fact i can not remember seeing him play well.... Can someone tell me a good video to watch so i can see what he actually does. Because i am yet to see it.
He is a good player, just not worth one tenth the hype he is getting. So i want to see!
False. He was an essential piece in Juventus CL run to the final and to us beating City twice this year.

Assisted a couple of important goals:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wow, talk about a hyperbole. Pogba is excellent and one of the best midfielders in his position, as any avid watcher of Juventus can tell. He is a bit inconsistent, but has great statistics, an imposing physical presence and a Zidane-esque ability to produce magic at any time.

He is currently at the stage of his career where Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale were before completely exploding, but Pogba has a very similar obvious potential. Don't forget how those three were constantly called overrated, overpriced, overhyped, chokers etc, but clearly had everything required (including mindset) to become world class.
Ronaldo exploded for us when he was 21

Duafc

Village Lemon
Pogba???? Sh1t at the wc, Sh1te on friday Sh1te in the CL, in fact i can not remember seeing him play well.... Can someone tell me a good video to watch so i can see what he actually does. Because i am yet to see it.
Why are you using 1s?

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Can you type in english?

DarkXaero

Just because you made it to the Mains it doesn't mean you can be fecked off sharpish. Format your posts better and stop being so argumentative.
Thank you. All his posts are like that and painful to read, along with some weird defensive attitude.

Mike09

Pogba is a player that you want to build around with. It will break the bank in order to bring him and I can see us end our transfer summer if we sign him as our 2nd signing right now. Though I am still happy with only Baily and Pogba. Anyway it is still an impossible signing IMO. So unrealistic. If he's available, a lot of teams will go for him and I can't see him choose us over Real or Barcelona.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can type how i like and you can choose not to read it.
You made a conscious effort to type like that?

I guess if there was a chance someone could end up like you, they would... and did.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I hate his lackadaisical manner on the pitch as if he is the boss of the football field. He does have the quality to produce moments of pure magic. Is that worth 100m Euros? Not in my opinion. A Real Madrid player if I ever saw one.

I wouldn't mind him in the final third. I share the view of those who see him as #10, not a cm. I may have a few reservations though: 1): with Zlatan, I think too much height, I prefer most of the attackers to be capable of sharp change in direction. 2): we're already paying 300k to Rooney, another 300-odd k, for 2 players to essentially fill one position seems like overkill. 3): we'd be paying through the nose for a guy we had on the list. This maybe immaterial in terms of our financial power, but the pressure he'd be under in that regard is astronomical in comparison to what he would have been exposed to had he stayed and been regarded basically as an academy product. Ie: why the hell did we spend so much on him! For example, if Memphis had cost us nothing he wouldn't be exposed to half the scrutiny he's currently subjected to.
On the other hand I don't think anyone would argue he constitutes an upgrade on Mata, Rooney, Herrera.
Having said all that, I rate the chances of him returning as being very low.

Reactions: Grinner

Moonred

I hate his lackadaisical manner on the pitch as if he is the boss of the football field. He does have the quality to produce moments of pure magic. Is that worth 100m Euros? Not in my opinion. A Real Madrid player if I ever saw one.
Juve have exorbitant demands. Reason why I think he will stay there for a while.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why are people constantly coming to this conclusion?

Pogba has been the exact same way on the pitch since he was playing for our academy as a 17yr old, and there's no doubt whatsoever he's been like that even before he got there.

This perceived arrogance is based on what? Him looking lost and perplexed at times as a game passes him by? An inability to track back with the natural aptitude of a proper CM?

I would get "petulant" or "moody", but this talk of delusions of grandeur are just weird.

More often he looks like a boy lost when things aren't going his way. Immature in his mannerisms, for sure, but he doesn't marvel at his good work, ever, as he always tries to use the ball productively and effectively after any trick he does. He's hardly Quaresma, Denilson or Taraabt out there. If he did the exact same things he does with a Ronaldinho-esque smile across his chops, would he still be seen as arrogant?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In his prime Gerrard could play everywhere, he had it all, he was one of the most polyvalent players i've seen out there. I'm with you and think Gerrard is underrated on the caf.
Gerrard's problem was consistency. Especially when he played in central midfield. One game everything would come off and he'd look like the best midfielder on the planet, then the very next game things wouldn't work out and he'd get more and more frustrated and be trying to force things to happen more and more, completely destroying any chance his team had of actually getting control of the match (albeit every now and then this would actually work in their favour and he'd pull off one of the things he was trying to drag them back into the match).

I rate him pretty much exactly like I do Rooney. Players who had everything and could (should?) have been an absolute great, but they just never took that final step. Obviously still very good players who at their peak were the best in their team, but ultimately it's a bit of a shame they never lived up to their potential.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just a question of style really. I don't like a Viera style player.
I'm the same tbh mate. Always preferred Keano style.. he was so dynamic and had a directness a fire to his game which I liked. Viera was too gangly and just wasn't my cup of tea.

bungdan

Wow, talk about a hyperbole. Pogba is excellent and one of the best midfielders in his position, as any avid watcher of Juventus can tell. He is a bit inconsistent, but has great statistics, an imposing physical presence and a Zidane-esque ability to produce magic at any time.

He is currently at the stage of his career where Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale were before completely exploding, but Pogba has a very similar obvious potential. Don't forget how those three were constantly called overrated, overpriced, overhyped, chokers etc, but clearly had everything required (including mindset) to become world class.
and you're understating his inconsistency. He's a YouTube demigod, but when you watch him play for 90 minutes, he's missing for large parts of the game and seems more like a luxury player.

There's no way you can say Pogba is at the level of Kroos or Rakitic.

LouisDanGaal

In his prime Gerrard could play everywhere, he had it all, he was one of the most polyvalent players i've seen out there. I'm with you and think Gerrard is underrated on the caf.

Apart from having a lot of 'ordinary' team mates around him, he had 'a problem' in the 'big' games. Almost always something bad did happen, a lot of times he ended up being the laughing stock.
Some people still wonder what could have been if Gerrard left for Chelsea back in the day. Jose Mourinho always rated him.
Definitely, he was crazy polyvalent, definitely. To describe him is monovalent would be incorrect.

LouisDanGaal

and you're understating his inconsistency. He's a YouTube demigod, but when you watch him play for 90 minutes, he's missing for large parts of the game and seems more like a luxury player.

There's no way you can say Pogba is at the level of Kroos or Rakitic.
Rakitic no, but Kroos at Madrid you can, I know he is very shackled at Madrid but they've taken away so much of what he was good at, its like telling lampard not to make late runs into the box.

cantona7676

He is good player no doubt but l think he is being over hyped, he has all the attributes to be one of the best players in the world but lacks the work ethic and to me he struts around on the pitch as if he is 35 and already done it all.

I haven't watched Juventus a lot recently so maybe I am being harsh on him but when I used to watch them Vidal was always the midfield player that impressed me.

For me I honestly think Kante would be a better fit for our team and would cost a quarter of the price.

sammyvine

I'm the same tbh mate. Always preferred Keano style.. he was so dynamic and had a directness a fire to his game which I liked. Viera was too gangly and just wasn't my cup of tea.
Huh?
He was too gangly? What a weird reason to dislike a player

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is good player no doubt but l think he is being over hyped, he has all the attributes to be one of the best players in the world but lacks the work ethic and to me he struts around on the pitch as if he is 35 and already done it all.

I haven't watched Juventus a lot recently so maybe I am being harsh on him but when I used to watch them Vidal was always the midfield player that impressed me.

For me I honestly think Kante would be a better fit for our team and would cost a quarter of the price.
Except what our team lacks is goals and creativity

cantona7676

Except what our team lacks is goals and creativity
I think with Martial Ibrahimovic and a new right winger there would be plenty of creativity, what we lack is someone to boss the midfield and play the football forward quicker.

I am not saying I wouldn't take Pogba of course I would but for me he seems to be caught up in his own hype and needs to knuckle down and put some hard work in and boss the midfield.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think with Martial Ibrahimovic and a new right winger there would be plenty of creativity, what we lack is someone to boss the midfield and play the football forward quicker.

I am not saying I wouldn't take Pogba of course I would but for me he seems to be caught up in his own hype and needs to knuckle down and put some hard work in and boss the midfield.
A title winning side needs at least one of the midfielders to be involved with goals and assists IMO.
Kante won't do that, he is a good player though and of course I would like him, but we need to fix our lack of goals and assists from midfield first. Unless we're relying on Rooney dropping into midfield....

So if it was a straight choice I'd go with Pogba and we already have Morgan who can play a more defensive role, we also have TFM who can be a really good midfield player IMO

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
The thing is we don't need to sell him. We don't need the money and if someone wants to buy him from us then they will have to fork out a huge sum or f**k off.

It's pretty much just to keep the other clubs away from him as they know he will not go cheaply.

Every summer it's the same story, psg, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, United and city.

Funny how he is still at Juve after all the transfer speculation since he joined us.

He's obviously not worth that money being quoted of €120 million but that's what it will take to buy him because we don't have to sell.

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Huh?
He was too gangly? What a weird reason to dislike a player
I like midfielders who just look crisper on the ball with their movements, Viera was quality but he didn't grab my attention when he had the ball.. he did everything at a slightly slower pace than a Keano as he was more subtle player. It's just a style thing.

Like I'd rather watch a Verratti than a Carrick any day.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Gerrard's problem was consistency. Especially when he played in central midfield. One game everything would come off and he'd look like the best midfielder on the planet, then the very next game things wouldn't work out and he'd get more and more frustrated and be trying to force things to happen more and more, completely destroying any chance his team had of actually getting control of the match (albeit every now and then this would actually work in their favour and he'd pull off one of the things he was trying to drag them back into the match).

I rate him pretty much exactly like I do Rooney. Players who had everything and could (should?) have been an absolute great, but they just never took that final step. Obviously still very good players who at their peak were the best in their team, but ultimately it's a bit of a shame they never lived up to their potential.
My problem with Rooney is that there is still a debate over his best position and where he should play. I agree with you that he never took the final step, back in 2010 he looked absolutely unplayable as a No9, but for me injuries ruined him. Ferguson has also to shoulder some of the blame because Rooney should have been given the necessary rest for his recovery instead of the injection and playing time against Bayern Munich. He never looked the same to me after that particular incident. To be fair that goal against City still gives me goosebumps.

Gerrard has always been a midfielder, but during the course of his career he adapted to becoming a 'deep lying playmaker' quite well, imo. There were still those crazy long shots, but his long passes were a joy to watch. Sometimes he was trying to hard, but overall he kept up to the high level longer than Rooney, imo.

It's crazy that the England coaches couldn't get the best out of the likes of Gerrad, Lampard, Scholes and Rooney.
If used properly (Scholsey isn't a winger), what would have been.

Rory 7

What about his style didn't you like.
Can't put my finger on it. I always felt he relied on those long legs of his to bully players. No questioning his ability on the ball. I just prefer the dynamism of a player like Keane. I prefer an all action kind of bully rather than a long gangly legged one.

Bwuk

What with Pjanic signing for Juve, I do think Pogba is off.

It'll be to Madrid though as James replacement probably.

Taxx

What if Juve keeps Pogba, and still reinforces their midfield with Pjanic?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
What with Pjanic signing for Juve, I do think Pogba is off.

It'll be to Madrid though as James replacement probably.
Possibly - though I have a feeling he may be the big signing PSG want to make as a figurehead to replace Zlatan

Anyway he will have his pick of clubs and as much as I hope he picks us I wouldn't if I were him and I'm a united fan so I cant see him ending up here. Real as you say looks most likely (I think he would be awesome at Barca as well though) and PSG

Basically as long as its not city I dont mind

Libano

Marca reporting that Real needs to shell up 120 mil PLUS Toni Kroos if they want Pogba.
This isn't even a good deal with zero money on top. Kroos is more involved and influential to the game, easily more valuable than Pogba. That's not a poplular opinion around here, probably because he misses Pogba's flash and swagger, but come on...Kroos would walk into any side worldwide.

Viggers

Pogba has a lot of flaws, but the one thing is is excellent at is picking the ball up deep, going past a man and bringing it up the field. Something we have been sorely missing recently is a way to reliably transition from defence to attack hence all the sideways passing.

When you take into account that he is 23 and has plenty of time to get more consistent (something I actually think Jose would do very well) you can start to understand the large sums of money. 120m is a bit much though...

Rob Bowman

Yeah i would love to see Pogba (back) here.

If we could get him and our right side sorted our team could be back to world class... :drool:.