Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Stacks

This has to be the least United like post I've ever seen on here I think.
Same. I would much rather 4 promising 30 mill talents unless its someone of Messi or prime Iniesta level talent (once in a generation talent). fact is there will be better centre midfielders than Pogba and there exists some today who can do what he can and others who can do what he cannot.

prath92

Buying a juve player means that omid zamani guy's tweet will be doing the rounds.

iKnowNothing

Could United even afford a €165m on one player? I know you have loads from sponsors and TV money but that amount would just take a shit load from your future budget.
Wait where is this 165m number even coming up from? Aren't jurnos/ITKs pulling out numbers from their arse anymore?

flappyjay

Memphis was very popular. He by the sound of it from quite number of people the next big thing.

Funny why replica shirt sale is brought into discussion though.
Because there was a discussion about the merits of buying these popular players for insane money

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can't think of any player in his position who can do what he does at his age. He is already world class at the age of 23 and is still developing. He is arguably as good as Iniesta and Messi were when they were 23.

Our team needs quality. With Carrick on the way down, we urgently need it in midfield.

I also don't see why my post was not 'United like'. He is 23 and would continue to develop at the club. I just think he is worth the price when you consider his quality.
:lol: You need to fix your vision, vision.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm all for paying over the odds, there's paying over the odds and there's down right insanity. €165 for Pogba is insane.
I can understand paying that for Neymar. But Neymar is the same age as Pogba and is already a Balon d'or nominee.

Prodigal7

I'm all for paying over the odds, there's paying over the odds and there's down right insanity. €165 for Pogba is insane.
I can understand paying that for Neymar. But Neymar is the same age as Pogba and is already a Balon d'or nominee.
If we and all other English clubs are circa 50m richer this summer than last summer, transfers will go up proportionately, same as any other business.

ti vu

Because there was a discussion about the merits of buying these popular players for insane money
What shirt replica has to do with buying these players? Does shirt replica contribute to club and its sponsors revenue?

Stacks

I can't think of any player in his position who can do what he does at his age. He is already world class at the age of 23 and is still developing. He is arguably as good as Iniesta and Messi were when they were 23.

Our team needs quality. With Carrick on the way down, we urgently need it in midfield.

I also don't see why my post was not 'United like'. He is 23 and would continue to develop at the club. I just think he is worth the price when you consider his quality.
Comment of the thread. This makes me think that you are judging on youtube compilations. at 23 Messi was THE best player in the world and had already surpassed the games greats Zidane, Ronaldinho e.t.c. at 23 he scored
34 La liga goals in 35 games, 47 goals in 53 games. Lord knows how many assists. To compare Pogba to him is insulting. Messi had won 2 Balon D'or awards (best player on the planet) at that age and twice been best player in La Liga. he had also scored important goals in champions league including finals. The thing is, when I compare Pogba to Pjanic, Pjanic out performs him in an attacking sense. More creative, better passer, more goals. Obviously him moving to Juve is so Pogba can go Real. Also, do players even improve that much from 23? People act like he is going to become Iniesta or Zidane. His general style of play, technique, attitude and physical attributes are pretty much set. I would be surprised if he drastically improved any aspect of his game in the next 4 years especially as he has already 4 seasons under his belt........

mu4c_20le

Iniesta at 23 was just starting to break through and cement a place into the first team, and was starting to really make a name for himself. Pogba has done similarly and I would even say he's a bigger name right now. Without any real news, this thread will continue the endless cycle of over and underrating him. Most people didn't give him much of a chance when he left for Juve, because their midfield was pretty stacked. He still broke through and became the main man, and now they build their team around him. Nothing would surprise me anymore about this kid.

Brophs

The One and Only
Woody: "No pissing way am I paying £120m for a France reserve....£119.5m final offer.......okay, call me when you get this."

ravi2

Could United even afford a €165m on one player? I know you have loads from sponsors and TV money but that amount would just take a shit load from your future budget.

We very well could, €165m is a ludicrous sum of money for Pogba, for that kind of money you may as well start bidding for Messi or Neymar.

Bugshot

He surely won't allow the occasion to go by without throwing a tantrum. He's quite a trouble maker isn't he?

He surely won't allow the occasion to go by without throwing a tantrum. He's quite a trouble maker isn't he?
No, where do people get this from? Because he decided to leave United? Or because he's got crap hair?

Anyway, good for United if he's been dropped, Madrid will only want to buy the star of the tournament, you know them.

flappyjay

What shirt replica has to do with buying these players? Does shirt replica contribute to club and its sponsors revenue?
I am allowed 5 posts per day and I am gonna waste it here. It has a lot to do with it, that's why players like Ronaldo cost a lot of money, because when they move to a new club its not only about what they contribute for the team on the field its also about what they contribute to the clubs commercial side. When Ronaldo left it was reported that a million shirts with his name on were sold within the city of Madrid alone in a year. It is true that they are bought with the aim of improving the team first and fore most (unless you are Real Madrid) but club execs look at such things. Its like how people think Rooney is paid 300k a week for his on field contributions only, but the truth is he is Manchester United's most marketable player and that's why he is in most Man United related commercials.

Reactions: Sultan

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yup, he's a fancy player and thus makes for the best youtube reels. That's swaying some opinions to the extreme. Verratti for instance is definitely the more accomplished CM at his age level.
It's another one of those weird ones. He's talented indeed and maybe I suffer because I don't watch Juve week in, week out but whenever I do watch Pogba (UCL & for France), he seems "ok", never amazing. Bit of a highlights player because he scores a spectacular now and again.

And we're talking world record amounts of money. Does my head in. It really does.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't even get in the French starting eleven, don't get him :p

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Yup, he's a fancy player and thus makes for the best youtube reels. That's swaying some opinions to the extreme. Verratti for instance is definitely the more accomplished CM at his age level.
You raise an interesting point, Varun, in saying he's more style over substance. Might be interesting to see what our resident statisticians make of his contribution in controlling matches, goals and assists?

rollingstoned1

I am allowed 5 posts per day and I am gonna waste it here. It has a lot to do with it, that's why players like Ronaldo cost a lot of money, because when they move to a new club its not only about what they contribute for the team on the field its also about what they contribute to the clubs commercial side. When Ronaldo left it was reported that a million shirts with his name on were sold within the city of Madrid alone in a year. It is true that they are bought with the aim of improving the team first and fore most (unless you are Real Madrid) but club execs look at such things. Its like how people think Rooney is paid 300k a week for his on field contributions only, but the truth is he is Manchester United's most marketable player and that's why he is in most Man United related commercials.
All well and good except Pogba and in general CMers are not the kind of players who shift shirts on the scale that you are talking about to give the cash cow reason for paying say 90mn euros for him. He just isn't and won't be that marketable. It's the strikers, wingers and playmakers that are the ones that really are the potential merchandising cash cows.

Varun

Staff
You raise an interesting point, Varun, in saying he's more style over substance. Might be interesting to see what our resident statisticians make of his contribution in controlling matches, goals and assists?
Yup, always get the feeling he doesn't quite control games like a player of his quality should but his moments of brilliance are very high which is why his highlight reels make for a great viewing while better CMs of his age like koke and Verratti don't.

ottosec

Yup, always get the feeling he doesn't quite control games like a player of his quality should but his moments of brilliance are very high which is why his highlight reels make for a great viewing while better CMs of his age like koke and Verratti don't.
Alaba is also the same age as Pogba and Verratti.

GloryHunter07

No, where do people get this from? Because he decided to leave United? Or because he's got crap hair?

Anyway, good for United if he's been dropped, Madrid will only want to buy the star of the tournament, you know them.
Hopefully Fellaini scores a stunning volley and Madrid bid £50m for him!

RedStarUnited

Never seen him work as hard without the ball as he did today when he came on. He played really well.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Never seen him work as hard without the ball as he did today when he came on. He played really well.
He was shit, he brought nothing apart from slipping the entire second half and few decent passes. They were hardly any better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's all about long raking passes, long shots and fancy flicks.