Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

SirAF

Ageist
I'm quite busy tomorrow, I'm afraid I'll miss all the fun if it gets announced tomorrow.
I'm working 7-15, they better not announce it before I'm done :mad: I want to jizz in here with you guys when the time arrives

LouisDanGaal

Never really the better player who wins it. Its the person whose face fits. Pogba's more qualified to win the Ballon D'or than Kroos. He has an agent and (soon) a club manager who will shout his name to the roof tops and put him in the hunt for individual awards, which Kroos doesnt have. Kroos is probably the better player, but he's a means to an end in the Real team. Bale and Ronaldo are the stars. He's the Paul Scholes to the Beckhams and the Michael Owens.

Thing with Kroos is, the people who are saying Pogba's fee is a lot based on marketing are spot on. Pogba is Ghostbusters Bluray for 20 quid. Its still a great film as it always was, but you're paying the extra £10 for the fancy cover and the extras and that scene in widescreen where you seen Sigorney Weavers tits. You dont pay £100m just for a great footballer. You pay for the brand.
To be honest I think it is, usually I think awards are nonsense but I have never disagreed with a ballon d or winner, granted over the last few years its a pretty simple one, who has had the better season out of the big two.

Yeah his marketability is a huge factor and in terms of marquee signings I don't think there is another one possible that shows what we are trying to do than getting pogba.

LouisDanGaal

I'm working 7-15, they better not announce it before I'm done :mad: I want to jizz in here with you guys when the time arrives
I'd love it to be announced while in work, just so I don't get in and have to sit around waiting for something to happen in this thread

Ban

I'm done with work at 4 so I have a whole afternoon to check this thread and news. If they announce it after 4 I'm good. :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
a 4-3-3 would likely include both carrick and\or schneid and fellaini, which would leave Pogba with more freedom. If you are part of a midfield two your have to be a lot more defensively aware.
There's no room for Wayne in that system do we know it won't be like that though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Going away for a week tomorrow. During my holiday last year, AdM left. Hopefully some better news during this year!

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Hope the old banana infused turd hair doesn't sign, and we sign a non banana infused non turd hair warrior god.

Atay

In a way i'm quite happy this transfer is dragging as I know as soon as its announced my inner muppet will be craving for another transfer instantly!

manunited1919

I am all for signing Pogba, but I can't help but wonder where he will play.

Let's be totally realistic, Rooney won't be benched, if we then use Mourinhos preferred 4-2-3-1 we will likely like up as follows:

back four
Carrick Pogba
mkhi rooney martial
zlatan

That is not Pogba's best position, and he will be exposed in a midfield two in the PL, we don't currently have a DM that can cover him in a two. Ideally we should bench rooney and make it:

back four
carric schneid
mkhi pogba martial
zlatan

But that likely won't happen, atleast not until Rooney stink it up properly as the #10.

Pogba will be a huge transfer, and a great player. But he is not the missing piece in the puzzle. Then again if we go to 4-3-3 it all changes though, but that again leaves us with the dilemma of Rooney.

Fecking Rooney.
Yeah. The missing link in the puzzle is actually dropping Rooney. We won't win the premiership if he is a starter for much of the season.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Nope. When the whole transfer saga began. As described, I was happy when I heard of it (it being the transfer rumour) :)
But now... I mean... 100 million for a guy banana-infused-turd hair and a dab diplomacy?
:lol: What the actual feck.

There will be a thread about this thread when this transfer finally goes through.

Red Bug

Nope. When the whole transfer saga began. As described, I was happy when I heard of it (it being the transfer rumour) :)
But now... I mean... 100 million for a guy banana-infused-turd hair and a dab diplomacy?
I really hope we get a newbie sign up with the username 'Banana Infused Turd Hair'.

He should be given automatic promotion if it ever happens.

JackRed

Proof of the importance of the newbie system?
We, in the newbies, aren't all haters of the banana-infused-turd hair. This guy just gives us a bad name. Personally I feel we should all at one point in our lives infuse our turd hair with banana.

IhabX7

Everything is so quiet (other than the weirdos in this thread). I wonder why none of the journos are saying anything.

ThanksBoss26

Everything is so quiet (other than the weirdos in this thread). I wonder why none of the journos are saying anything.
Probably nothing to add at the moment that hasn't already been said.

Just a matter of waiting for it to (hopefully) reach its conclusion.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Even they are fed up or too embarrassed to write another "pogba inching closer to United" article.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Because its Sunday evening and there is nothing to say. They have said everything. He will be a United player this week. If there is no update you guys complain they should say something but when they come and say something, you say its the same shit and they shouldnt say anything. You can never win.

Mister_Stubbs

How often would a player speak so openly about a potential new signing to the papers Tom? Sign that this is a sure thing?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

How often would a player speak so openly about a potential new signing to the papers Tom? Sign that this is a sure thing?
Do you remember how every Barca player moaned about Fabregas' DNA for a few years?