Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Pogba wouldnt come back to United, end of. He blew our chance with him. Losing a player like him for nothing, and now seeing him touted for world record fees is painful, but we need to accept that he wouldnt come back here

I understand the fuss because we desperately need some fresh quality in the centre of the park. Mourinho knows this. Mourinho will solve this

RedCurry

Am I the only one who thinks Morata going back to Real means the end of Pogba to Real? There are some huge egos at the top of elite clubs and if Juve don't get their man, I highly doubt Real will get theirs. Unless of course it's some sort of a world record transfer fee.

Mainoldo

Am I the only one who thinks Morata going back to Real means the end of Pogba to Real? There are some huge egos at the top of elite clubs and if Juve don't get their man, I highly doubt Real will get theirs. Unless of course it's some sort of a world record transfer fee.
Like when we gave them Evra and they gave us Vidal? Lol.

RedCurry

Like when we gave them Evra and they gave us Vidal? Lol.
We're not really talking about players in their twilight years though are we? We are talking about some of the highest rated young players from both teams. I wouldn't be saying this if it was Raul(back in the day) instead of Morata.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe they'll use Morata in exchange for Pogba and get him for a lot less money. Clever.

Mainoldo

We're not really talking about players in their twilight years though are we? We are talking about some of the highest rated young players from both teams. I wouldn't be saying this if it was Raul(back in the day) instead of Morata.
Morata is shit tbf.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
They buy players from whomever has what they want - i think only direct dealing with one another is exempt where they're concerned. Madrid , and, to a lesser extent, Barca, are a world unto themselves and when they come calling players drop trou and a run flailing into their arms in a manner they won't for anybody else.
If Man United put up market rates for top tier talent between 2005-09, I believe we would have beat anyone to top players.

It wasn't that long ago that Heineken preferred a move to Liverpool to Real.

Real and Barca have benefitted hugely from the halo effects of Messi and Ronaldo. They have spent heavily, and have fantastic teams.

Much of this was driven by a gold pot of Spanish talent coming through in the last ten years.

Bayern have also massively benefitted from a golden generation of German talent.

In a few years, if we have a strong team competing for trohpihies, I fully believe - with the ever increasing pull of the PL - we will compete with anyone for the very best players in the world.

Coops73

Just posted in the transfer tweet bit that Tancredi has said Pogba could go to Madrid for 120m or 90m plus Morata, again how he knows this is anyone's guess.

ravi2

If Man United put up market rates for top tier talent between 2005-09, I believe we would have beat anyone to top players.

It wasn't that long ago that Heineken preferred a move to Liverpool to Real.

Real and Barca have benefitted hugely from the halo effects of Messi and Ronaldo. They have spent heavily, and have fantastic teams.

Much of this was driven by a gold pot of Spanish talent coming through in the last ten years.

Bayern have also massively benefitted from a golden generation of German talent.

In a few years, if we have a strong team competing for trohpihies, I fully believe - with the ever increasing pull of the PL - we will compete with anyone for the very best players in the world.
Agreed, one of our biggest mistakes was not buying from a position of power and also underestimating the effect of oil money to the game.
Getting Jose was one of our most important acquisitions ever. It will allow us to get back to top and with his name and pulling power we'll get the players to help us do so.

reddevilz007

We have had Tier 1 star players in the past 7 years. Angel Di Maria, Radamel Falcao and Schweinsteiger could all be considered top draw. 2 out of 3 have failed miserably, and the last one standing still has a lot to prove.

The Galacticos approach to signing players doesn't always work out.
Boy, Mourinho must be fuming at us for selling Di Maria :lol::devil:

Selina_Mead

Looking in the tweet thread apparently we have bid €120 million for Pogba and offered Raiola €25. As mentioned in the transfer tweet thread that €25 in agent fees could be to secure the trifector of Ibra, Mickey and Pogba. Unfortunately it seems to be only the Sun running with this but stranger things have happened. Would be over the moon if we pulled this off, and I for one don't care how much the club spends, if they know they can afford it why should it bother us fans.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I think the source is AS in Spain but I keep forgetting which ones are the trusty ones there (except El Confidencial that is). I would not believe we have a 10% chance at Pogba until I see him in a Man Utd jersey again though. I just think he's trying to force Real's hand.

Someone

Something
We were worried about mendes but now it seems Mino Raiola is vital to our summer plans. Any other good players he's representing?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Feck me i'm getting excited now and i know we are not likely to sign him.

Couldn't care less what we pay, he is world class and we need world class players.

Selina_Mead

We were worried about mendes but now it seems Mino Raiola is vital to our summer plans. Any other good players he's representing?
Lukaku I believe (not that I'd want him here)
Hamsik (also not needed but a good player)

Von Mistelroum

Well, the main thing to take from this is that, if Real have to pay up big, because of this link, we might be able to snag James from them as they'll want to make some money back :)

Bojan11

Rather get Kroos. Even though Pogba would great. But there aren't many midfielder like Kroos.

Artimities

I would take either,.. But I hear thru ESPN that we are close to James Rodriquez

Can't believe his thread (does he have one??) is not moving in the transfer forum.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Well, the main thing to take from this is that, if Real have to pay up big, because of this link, we might be able to snag James from them as they'll want to make some money back :)
Feck James, he is just another #10 that carries the traits of a luxury player. In his case i wouldn't pay anything to Real Madrid.

Pogba is special, so many different attributes to his game.

Bojan11

There aren't many midfielders like Pogba either.
There's a lot of box to box midfielders around. Maybe not as good as Pogba, but would improve us.

How many deep lying midfielders are there?

bucky

There's a lot of box to box midfielders around. Maybe not as good as Pogba, but would improve us.

How many deep lying midfielders are there?
There aren't that many who score or assist as much as Pogba does, while combining other traits as well. I see more benefits with Pogba than with Kroos. If we were heading into another season with van Gaal, I'd agree that Kroos would be needed more for that style of play, but I think Mourinho would need and appreciate Pogba more. And you are right, there aren't many midfielders, who are as good as Kroos in terms of passing and I'd love to have that sort of midfielder, too, but I think we will try dominate games differently under Mourinho.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Still refusing to get sucked in, just a ploy to get Real to pay up I think.
It does seem as though it will be a case of this. Always hold onto the hope that he returns but can't see him not going to Madrid.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
He'll probably end up at Madrid but we should jack up his price as high as we can get it if we are indeed bidding for Pogba.
Will smash the world record fee no matter who he signs for.

Von Mistelroum

Feck James, he is just another #10 that carries the traits of a luxury player. In his case i wouldn't pay anything to Real Madrid.

Pogba is special, so many different attributes to his game.
James is a top level player. He'd be our best outfield player by a distance. Pogba is wanted by Madrid, so he's going there. Best make something out of that for ourselves.

An Irish Red

James is a top level player. He'd be our best outfield player by a distance. Pogba is wanted by Madrid, so he's going there. Best make something out of that for ourselves.
James is pretty much impossible while we have Rooney though; especially when we seem to be signing Mkhitaryan to play on the right. I can't see Jose playing Rooney as a central midfielder.

Pogba would be great though; him and Schneiderlin in midfield, the anchor at number ten with Martial and Mkhitaryan out wide and Zlatan up top and we win the league.

Runner

No matter what happens and who says what, I will never believe this story until he signs on the dotted line and lines up for us wearing our kit.

Ixion

I don't believe this for a second. We don't have Champions League football and he's going to be the most sought after player in the world. We'll just be used as a bargaining chip to bump up the fee.

Varun

Staff
He'll sign for Real, they love their galacticos and he's the biggest CM name that makes that cut even though he isn't the best CM.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
I don't believe this for a second. We don't have Champions League football and he's going to be the most sought after player in the world. We'll just be used as a bargaining chip to bump up the fee.
Whilst I agree this may be true, I'd be upset if we didn't at least try to sign him if he was indeed available this summer.

His agent has said that he is also interested in the best project which will see him winning trophies and competing at the highest level consistently. Whilst we're not in the CL this year, it would be very short minded of any player to reject a club like Manchester United due to the failure of the previous manager and team. Mourinho is a known winner and has won everywhere he has gone, although that does not guarantee trophies, it does show United are doing the right things to push us past the dreadful 3 years since Fergie has retired.

Real Madrid do guarantee trophies IMO, even with Zidane they managed the CL, but they also guarantee a circus surrounding them.