Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Agreed, we've already shown that we mean business come next season but signing Pogba on top of all that would be a massive statement and a feckin icing factory on the cake. If a lot of the other big clubs were/are after him and he signs for us, that would mean a lot. That wasn't apparenly the case with Di Maria (who wanted to go to PSG) or Zlatan (who is a short term luxury signing).
It could also set a precedent. Great players want to play alongside other great players and under great managers. It feels like we are back on the right trajectory.

Vidal was on his way until you piped up & now this? thanks a bunch!
Bit before your time isn't it ;)

EyeInTheSky

It could also set a precedent. Great players want to play alongside other great players and under great managers. It feels like we are back on the right trajectory.

Bit before your time isn't it ;)
Nope, I have been a lurker for a long while.:)

I remember those weeks of anticipation and hopefull Muppetry, I was hanging to your every word, waiting for an update :(

paulscholes18

Well, yes, if the person you're arguing with had only ever seen that one game of football.
Nope, anyone who has watched Pogba regulaty over the last 2 seasons will know there is not a team in the world that he would not get into.

Walters_19_MuFc

Comparing Yaya to Pogba :lol:

Toure was a benchwarmer at Barca on his peak. Pogba has twice the talent. Typical English to overrate premier league based players.

That said, Pogba still has lots to learn.
Toure at City is very comparable to Pogba, in my opinion.

In 13/14, Yaya was arguably the best centre midfield in the world - simply unstoppable on his day. Used to toy with teams.

Pogba will do very good to get to that level, although I think he can.

Von Mistelroum

Do they?

Could they not play this:

Bale-------Benzema--------Ronaldo
-------------Pogba------------------
------Kroos-------Modric-----------

I suppose Casemiro was an important player for them though. But could be rotated in for the big games.
Fair enough. We'll have Isco then....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nope, I have been a lurker for a long while.:)

I remember those weeks of anticipation and hopefull Muppetry, I was hanging to your every word, waiting for an update :(
Well that was daft.

We're definitely going to sign Pogba btw.

Red Bug

This is happening. Keys/Bein Sports have been spot on with many Utd related transfers/managerial appointments of late.

RetroStu

I see Keys tweeting that he's heard we have got Pogba. I don't know, why spend that much on someone who doesn't even want to come here?, it will just be a circus every year with Madrid and Barca after him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Keys called Pep to City in May last year and also said Di Maria would go 2 months before he did. Still, I'm sure he has spoted shit before.

Dreaded

I see Keys tweeting that he's heard we have got Pogba. I don't know, why spend that much on someone who doesn't even want to come here?, it will just be a circus every year with Madrid and Barca after him.
How do you know he doesn't want to come here?

paulscholes18

Both Kroos and Modric are better than Pogba so there is no way he would get in the team ahead of one of those two.
Pogba offers a lot more then Kroos, Kroos is a better corner kick taker and playing through balls and that's about it, Pogba is a lot quicker, stronger, dribbling and much better at finishing and tackling

Walters_19_MuFc

He probably chooses Madrid and Barca because of the level they're currently at. CL Finals, La Liga, etc.

With Mourinho, and the signings he's brought so far, I'm hoping that we can get back to that level, meaning they'd be little reason for players wanting to leave us.

Un4givableB

I think Pogba is already a better player than Yaya Toure ever was and l rate Toure but l still wouldn't pay the kind of money been talked about for Pogba. Besides he doesn't want to come back here and l don't blame him.It's a side
ways move for him at the very best.

We should bid up the price for Real and only pull out if Real let us have Kroos for £40m.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
How do you know he doesn't want to come here?
If the money is right they will come whether we're the 5th best team in England or the 15th best. How long he would stay is another matter but I could live with the headlines about us fighting off Real Madrid and Barcelona every Summer. It would show we're a big club again.

RetroStu

He probably chooses Madrid and Barca because of the level they're currently at. CL Finals, La Liga, etc.

With Mourinho, and the signings he's brought so far, I'm hoping that we can get back to that level, meaning they'd be little reason for players wanting to leave us.
But for £100mil you really want someone who is going to be here for years and fight for the cause, does that sound like Pogba?

MDFC Manager

If we can sell Mata, Fellaini and Young for a combined fee of £50m then that may cushion the blow slightly when paying £100m.
Would be fatal to go in with that thinking, because each of those 3 outgoing players would need replacing.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah on Fifa.
I think they can, and they have shown that in the past. Wouldn't always work against top teams, but in La Liga, that's only against Barcelona and Athletico.

The partnership would be very similar to what Germany have been playing with Kroos and Khedira. Kroos playing deep and controlling the game, with Khedira giving them the legs in midfield like Modric does, plus more.

Walters_19_MuFc

Would be fatal to go in with that thinking, because each of those 3 outgoing players would need replacing.
Don't think they would.

Mata replaced by Mkhitaryan, Pogba could potentially replace Fellaini, and on the wings, in Martial, Depay, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Januzaj and possibly Valencia, we have more than enough options out wide.

AndyJ1985

£100m on a player we let go for free. We are a laughing stock.
Yeah if it were Liverpool spending £100m on a world class player I'd be laughing my arse off. Sure, he'd improve their team considerably, but their owners would be £100m poorer, which is the important thing.

Fraud

Pogba can't organize a team and Kroos is much less decisive and productive. They're different and both can complement each other just well. I don't know why they can't play together.

Walters_19_MuFc

But for £100mil you really want someone who is going to be here for years and fight for the cause, does that sound like Pogba?
If he feels there's a cause fighting for, then yes. Players are motivated by success. If we are successful, and I believe we will be in the next few years, then if he were to come, I don't see why he would want to leave if we were challenging for all the major trophies.

Womp

idiot
£100m on a player we let go for free. We are a laughing stock.
Support another club then. You people need to get your heads right. The fact that opposition fans laugh at us is because they're concerned. People laugh at us regardless of what we do. We're the biggest club in the world and 100m on a player who was let go for free, under different circumstances, under different staff and different management doesn't mean shit. We're a different club now then we were at that time. Signing a player who has potential to be one of the world's best players is always welcome at the world's biggest club, regardless of past relationships.

Why are you so worried about what opposition fans think anyway? You should be laughing at their teams recruitments. Who has anyone from the EPL's top-dogs signed that's noteworthy? City with Nolito, please. The fact that we can still attract a player who could go on to be the best in the world given our current predicament, let them laugh I say. Stop focusing on what opposition fans think and focus on the club you support. The club is eager to be back up there with the best and to be fair couldn't give 2 fecks how much money they spent to get back there, it's their money.

People laughed when we signed Martial, they laughed when De Gea struggled for his first few years and those situations didn't turn out too bad did they. Have some faith in your club. Laughing stock or not, who gives a feck we're getting a top player.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Nothing would delight me more than to become a laughing stock for this.

Fortis Mente

Pogba offers a lot more then Kroos, Kroos is a better corner kick taker and playing through balls and that's about it, Pogba is a lot quicker, stronger, dribbling and much better at finishing and tackling
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about if you think that's all that Kroos offers. He is excellent at dictating the tempo of a game and he is a much better passer of the ball. Pogba is not even close to Kroos's level. He may get there though, as he is still young.

Fortis Mente

I think they can, and they have shown that in the past. Wouldn't always work against top teams, but in La Liga, that's only against Barcelona and Athletico.

The partnership would be very similar to what Germany have been playing with Kroos and Khedira. Kroos playing deep and controlling the game, with Khedira giving them the legs in midfield like Modric does, plus more.
You need a defensive midfielder.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
£100m? yeah why not. Isn't my money. :devil:

mbb8

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about if you think that's all that Kroos offers. He is excellent at dictating the tempo of a game and he is a much better passer of the ball. Pogba is not even close to Kroos's level. He may get there though, as he is still young.
what? Kroos isn't a top 10 player. Pogba is.