Protests following the killing of George Floyd

TheReligion

Abusive
Sorry we're not meeting your lofty publishing standards master. We will try harder next time, honest. We'll use citations and highlighter pens and glitter and everything if it means The Religion will finally see everyone as human. Pinky swear. Now are you going to wipe your arse or do you want me to do that for you too?
What on earth are you rambling on about now?

Truly bizarre.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
When it comes to recruitment I've seen some posters (@Cascarino and others) mention the police aren't doing enough RE recruitment and are missing quotas of BAME candidates. Again, this link would suggest quite the opposite;
When it comes to recruitment I've seen some posters (@Cascarino and others) mention the police aren't doing enough RE recruitment and are missing quotas of BAME candidates. Again, this link would suggest quite the opposite;

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...s/workforce-diversity/police-workforce/latest

A quick snippet would show how the Met now has 14% of officers from a BAME background. The national demographic sits at 15%. The increase in this area is clear across the country so it's misleading to suggest nothing is being done.
This is a little misleading. I posted that the police force had failed the pledge they had made back in 2007 to increase the amount of black officers in the force (This failure being acknowledged by police chiefs). There was an increase of 88 black officers between 2007 and 2018. All the fighres

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....t-failures-on-diversity-21-years-after-pledge

I agree with your point about conflating the US and UK forces. I have problems with our policing system but I wouldn’t trade them for the US system in a thousand years. This doesn’t mean that I won’t criticise our police though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I’ve no idea about the credentials of the person who posted this. I’m not sure it even happened (it’s a very cool photo, so I hope it did!) but if this is legitimate I guess it answers all the “what would have happened if they were black?” questions when we see photos of rednecks carrying machines guns lining the streets.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Do you know anything about these cases? Serious question. As in do know anymore than what you're just posting from Twitter?

It's a common theme on the Caf at the moment to simply see things on Twitter and post them up with no context.
What do you mean by context? Two of the tweets lead directly to articles in The Guardian and the BBC (and tweeted by a journalist and the BBC account respectively).

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

I’ve no idea about the credentials of the person who posted this. I’m not sure it even happened (it’s a very cool photo, so I hope it did!) but if this is legitimate I guess it answers all the “what would have happened if they were black?” questions when we people share photos of rednecks carrying machines guns lining the streets.

Much as I like seeing this I do fear that at some point somebody is going to crazy and open up on the other side.

TheReligion

Abusive
What do you mean by context? Two of the tweets lead directly to articles in The Guardian and the BBC (and tweeted by a journalist and the BBC account respectively).
An actual understanding of the circumstances as opposed to simply just posting articles in isolation and moving on to the next.

It happens an awful lot I've noticed and when you raise it you get a hostile and abusive response (as evidenced above). For me it speaks volumes as to said posters true intentions.

Suv666

Everytime someone posts All Lives Matter, I stop reading their post as its obvious they are biased. As if the BLM protestors are asking for preferential treatment and not equality.

Wolverine

Wow Douglas Murray "a well known racist scumbag" you say, my god how utter moronic your statement truly is.
Douglas Murray is clearly a racist scumbag, like if there was a diagnostic category for racist scumbag he'd fulfil that checklist and criteria easily

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Much as I like seeing this I do fear that at some point somebody is going to crazy and open up on the other side.
It’s fecked up but I think if both sides are armed it make a shooting less likely. The assholes who use guns as penis extensions probably don’t have much appetite for taking on someone who can shoot back. Sort of like assured mutual destruction with nuclear bombs. You’d rather they didn’t exist but so long as both sides have them they’re less likely to be used.

Wolverine

I’ve no idea about the credentials of the person who posted this. I’m not sure it even happened (it’s a very cool photo, so I hope it did!) but if this is legitimate I guess it answers all the “what would have happened if they were black?” questions when we see photos of rednecks carrying machines guns lining the streets.
SPLC says they are a fringe anti-semitic hate group. Think they are trying to co-opt the movement. Those associated with the original black panthers have completely disowned and distanced from them.
I'm not sure what these guys cosplaying as a militia group says about the questions regarding machine-gun carrying rednecks en masse lining the streets and pulling up to government offices

dove

IME anyone who mocks the concept usually hasn't done any worthwhile reading on it. Feel free to prove me wrong if you really must.
Gotcha. And then you continue posting shit like below:

No justice, no peace.
I've been actively been campaigning about this shit for years but I appreciate the purity test mate. Paints you in a magnificent light on top of all the lazy whatabouttery you keep smearing over these threads. Like an old bloke who keeps shitting himself but refuses to wear a bag. Clean yourself up lad, it's getting embarrassing.
Spreading propaganda against cops and especially pretending to be a victim is so easy nowadays. Trim the video right from the moment cops have to use some force, share to social media and you got gullible people like you shouting "police brutality" crap nonstop. Cops don't use force and especially shoot people unless they fear for their own or their colleagues safety. Of course you will see some idiot cops who will just look for an excuse to lock you up but it's like 0.001%. You know feck all what happened in any of these stories you shared and looks like the journos are in similar boat like you with shite like "shot while holding a gun that he was probably “in the process of throwing” away.". Did you even read the shit that was written here or you are just "actively campaigning about this shit" reading the headlines and some random tweets?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It’s fecked up but I think if both sides are armed it make a shooting less likely. The assholes who use guns as penis extensions probably don’t have much appetite for taking on someone who can shoot back. Sort of like assured mutual destruction with nuclear bombs. You’d rather they didn’t exist but so long as both sides have them they’re less likely to be used.

I don't trust the average yahoo's weapons handling skills one bit. I received tons of training and did countless drills with automatic weapons but still managed to have a Negative Discharge on the range once. Imagine what these feckers are like considering all they do is shoot beer cans in their back yards when they are pissed up.

MrPooni

Gotcha. And then you continue posting shit like below:

Spreading propaganda against cops and especially pretending to be a victim is so easy nowadays. Trim the video right from the moment cops have to use some force, share to social media and you got gullible people like you shouting "police brutality" crap nonstop. Cops don't use force and especially shoot people unless they fear for their own or their colleagues safety. Of course you will see some idiot cops who will just look for an excuse to lock you up but it's like 0.001%. You know feck all what happened in any of these stories you shared and looks like the journos are in similar boat like you with shite like "shot while holding a gun that he was probably “in the process of throwing” away.". Did you even read the shit that was written here or you are just "actively campaigning about this shit" reading the headlines and some random tweets?
People pretending to be victims is the real killer, eh? You should start a hashtag about it. Think you'd find a lot of support on here. You could form a possee and hit the streets together. The optics would be great ;)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure if this has been posted before but even if it has, it deserves to be seen again because it exposes the absurdity of modern policing and how copaganda has turned people's innate critical thinking skills to mush.
I’ve been pulled over a dozen times or so over the years and have never seen this line of questioning. They’ve always been professional and friendly.

dove

People pretending to be victims is the real killer, eh? You should start a hashtag about it. Think you'd find a lot of support on here ;)
There are lots of people pretending to be victims of "police brutality". Believe it or not I couldn't care less.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
SPLC says they are a fringe anti-semitic hate group. Think they are trying to co-opt the movement. Those associated with the original black panthers have completely disowned and distanced from them.
I'm not sure what these guys cosplaying as a militia group says about the questions regarding machine-gun carrying rednecks en masse lining the streets and pulling up to government offices
I guess it just says that it’s not just white people allowed to open carry automatic weapons during protests. To anyone outside America the whole thing is so mental that wasn’t beyond the realms of possibility that it might be policed differently depending on the ethnicity of the person carrying the gun. I’d half assumed that would be the case myself.

MrPooni

There are lots of people pretending to be victims of "police brutality". Believe it or not I couldn't care less.
Sounds like you've discovered a massive problem here mate. Surely if it's such a big and blatant issue, it's incumbent upon good people like yourself to stand up and fight against this grave injustice? Or would you rather have Tommy and Nigel do it for you? Makes sense I guess. Let them do the dirty work while you casually snarl on a football forum about it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don't trust the average yahoo's weapons handling skills one bit. I received tons of training and did countless drills with automatic weapons but still managed to have a Negative Discharge on the range once. Imagine what these feckers are like considering all they do is shoot beer cans in their back yards when they are pissed up.
What’s a Negative Discharge? Sounds like something you get after a vasectomy.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I’ve been pulled over a dozen times or so over the years and have never seen this line of questioning. They’ve always been professional and friendly.

I've seen loads of those 1st amendment audit videos where those exact same questions are asked of the auditors. It's a great YT rabbit-hole if you can't sleep.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What’s a Negative Discharge? Sounds like something you get after a vasectomy.
When you fire off a round that you weren't planning on firing. Usually when you clear your weapon after range practice. It's why when you clear the weapon you always point it at the ground.

In the old days an ND got you a kicking from an NCO, modern days up on a charge and a fine.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Are you white?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
When you fire off a round that you weren't planning on firing. Usually when you clear your weapon after range practice. It's why when you clear the weapon you always point it at the ground.

In the old days an ND got you a kicking from an NCO, modern days up on a charge and a fine.
Oh right. Yeah. If both sides are armed to the teeth one of those could kick off a blood bath.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The propaganda against cops is quite something :lol: There even are talks about defunding the police which is borderline retarded. How stupid you have to be to even suggest that? They are underfunded if anything. Jeezus. I mean I am sure all the criminals and looters would be excited but cmon people.
Read a book

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Why have you been pulled over so many times? I've literally never been pulled over by the cops in the UK or France.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why have you been pulled over so many times? I've literally never been pulled over by the cops in the UK or France.
When I say over the years, it actually over the past quarter century.

They've all been random traffic violations - driving with a burned out tail light (Utah), driving between two 18 wheelers, while not allowing enough space between the two (Arizona), Speeding (Texas and California), driving in the left lane while not passing someone (Texas), Switching two lanes at once (Oklahoma), Car shaking and swerving a bit due to heavy winds (Kansas). All interstate pullovers. I don't think I've ever been pulled over by city cops.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

The protesters/the left are not doing themselves any favours by talking about defunding the police, in my opinion. It allows the opposition to create the strawman that the goal is abolishing the police altogether, which I think most people would agree would be crazy. Of course, a police force is required in a civilized society. Also, a huge part of the reason for the high number of horrible incidents involving police in the U.S. is poor training. How exactly is defunding going to improve training and screening of candidates?

Rather, the talking point should be demilitarization. Armored vehicles and the like should not be availabe to ordinary cops, and it would probably be a good idea to limit the amount of automatic weapons they have. I think that would go a long way towards deescalation and towards changing the mindset of the ordinary policeman.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Don't you guys have sort of alcohol-testing stops? I haven't been driving for that long, but I've been pulled over a few times in one of those. Where they just pull over basically everyone (as long as there's room) and test them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Don't you guys have sort of alcohol-testing stops? I haven't been driving for that long, but I've been pulled over a few times in one of those. Where they just pull over basically everyone (as long as there's room) and test them.
Never seen anything like this in the US. Although I do know Canada (Ontario specifically) have something called the R.I.D.E. program where people cops set up checkpoints (usually on weekend nights) and check people for drinking.

Fluctuation0161

An actual understanding of the circumstances as opposed to simply just posting articles in isolation and moving on to the next.

It happens an awful lot I've noticed and when you raise it you get a hostile and abusive response (as evidenced above). For me it speaks volumes as to said posters true intentions.
Read the articles (from respected sources) and then demonstrate your own understanding first maybe?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Never seen anything like this in the US. Although I do know Canada (Ontario specifically) have something called the R.I.D.E. program where people cops set up checkpoints (usually on weekend nights) and check people for drinking.

eh? I thought they were quite common in California. There's a legal question as to the constitutionality of DWI traffic checkpoints that hasn't really been resolved.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Been driving for about 25 years and never even been pulled over for that either. Maybe I just have a trustworthy face. :lol:

Although now I've said that, I'll doubtless get pulled over every day for the next month..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
eh? I thought they were quite common in California. There's a legal question as to the constitutionality of DWI traffic checkpoints that hasn't really been resolved.
Haven't seen any in Cali, where I live(d). LA, SF, Oakland, Walnut Creek

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Haven't seen any in Cali, where I live(d). LA, SF, Oakland, Walnut Creek
http://www.duiblock.com/dui_checkpoint_locations/california/

Many Americans are subjected to random stops for DUI Checkpoints every year. These Checkpoints are setup all across the nation, often without advance warning. There is a great controversy over the constitutionality of this use of checkpoints. Aside from the fact that they use a large amount of police resources and are not as effective as patrols, checkpoints also violate the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution. Opponents of DUI Checkpoints have argued they constitute unreasonable search and seizure, and therefore are unconstitutional. The argument against checkpoints went all the way to the Supreme Court. In 1990, the Court ruled that Sobriety Checkpoints most probably were an infringement on Fourth Amendment rights, but that this detail was minor. The Supreme Court found that getting drunk drivers off the road and eliminating potential public safety risks was more important that the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable search and seizure. In order for these to be legal, the Court set forth some guidelines for law enforcement.

Despite the Supreme Court's surprising ruling and mention of guidelines, some states consider DUI Checkpoints Unconstitutional. Drivers are not stopped at sobriety checkpoints in Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.

TheReligion

Abusive
Read the articles (from respected sources) and then demonstrate your own understanding first maybe?
Oh there's more to those cases that those articles I can assure you. Respected or not. That's the point. I'm unsure why I need to demonstrate anything given I didn't post them in the first place.