RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZSmith27

Their end of season expectation thread doesn't disappoint.

My prediction is that we are going to end the year in 2nd place, sign VVD in Jan and then go on to win the league.
League 3rd (but within 5-10 points of the top)
European Cup SF
FA Cup Win
League Cup 4th Round
I love the way that there's a system and a style that Klopp has the team playing in that everyone seems to understand. Watching players being brought in and out of the starting XI in recent times without a noticeable drop in the quality of the side is really encouraging.
This guy will probably get banned for saying something positive about us...

Just feel this might be the season we challenge, when next season when Keita & hopefully additional players will make us Champions.

I think we have the best attack in the league. City are incredibly strong and some might argue they have it. But I wouldn't swap Mane or Salah for any of their wide players. Which is why ours is better for me.

Our midfield looks very strong. Boosted in creativity with Coutinho playing deeper more and Ox signing. Should have far more craft to beat those sides that come to Anfield & defend deep ( Man Utd
), which was a problem last season.

Our full back positions look strong. Mignolet for me has improved a lot. 7 clean sheets in our last 9 PL games shows to me our defence isn't as bad as it is suggested at times. Our defending set plays is a problem, but in open play I feel we defend well on the whole.

It pains me to say it, but although they have a worse attack & midfield than us (in my opinion) - I'm going to tip Man Utd to win the league. Defensively they are looking strong and it is not like their attack or midfield are weak, far from it.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

The poor guys probably hog tied in somebody's car boot right now.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

The poor guys probably hog tied in somebody's car boot right now.

Inter Yer Nan

Came across this lovely little argument about how much of a failure United has been post Fergie, despite 600m outlay in transfer fees.

One poster pointed out that United has actually won a few trophies in this era and got this response:

The normal one replies:

He then get's hit with this philosophical beauty:

It's hardly surprising that only Liverpool can be successful without actually winning anything.
That's mental and the type of thing you'd only see on RAWK. Funny because they all said they'd win the League every time and we'd win 0 trophies so there's a massive contradiction there too.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

God forbid someone saying their rival has a strong team....

Shuriken

Wonder how many RAWK guests are lurking this thread right now. Surely it must be more than the number of goals that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored his entire career.

He's not wrong. For us, success is defined by winning trophies but for most clubs parameters of success are quite different.
:lol:

Yeah, I've had my eye on that book for a while. Potential banter of a gift to a friend of mine who supports Liverpool. The plan is to buy it for him when United win their next league title.

RAWK said:
League 3rd (but within 5-10 points of the top)
European Cup SF
FA Cup Win
League Cup 4th Round
It's been called the Champions League for quite some time now. Deliberately referring to it as the "European Cup" is quite reflective of them still being stuck in the past, some time between 1972 and 1989. The latter year from which they do occasional forward jumps to 2005, only to shortly after return back to comforts of the '70s and '80s. In a DeLorean that runs on trash.

Wonder how many RAWK guests are lurking this thread right now. Surely it must be more than the number of goals that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored his entire career.

Yeah, I've had my eye on that book for a while. Potential banter of a gift to a friend of mine who supports Liverpool. The plan is to buy it for him when United win their next league title.

It's been called the Champions League for quite some time now. Deliberately referring to it as the "European Cup" is quite reflective of them still being stuck in the past, some time between 1972 and 1989. The latter year from which they do occasional forward jumps to 2005, only to shortly after return back to comforts of the '70s and '80s. In a DeLorean that runs on trash.
Maybe he's keeping his options open for when they drop down into Europa :D

Richard Cranium

It's so they can carry on pretending they've won 5 Champions Leagues rather than the less competitive European Cups.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth

Bullshit. It will always be the European cup to me.

clarkydaz

"listen Doc Klopp, I need to get back to the year 1985"

Oakie

I dont get how that guy thinks they have a better midfield Pogba, Matic, Herrera over can henderson winaldum any day of the week.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I dont get how that guy thinks they have a better midfield Pogba, Matic, Herrera over can henderson winaldum any day of the week.
Hendo runs towards the ball after passing it like Pirlo did mate, which means he's better than Pirlo, which means he's better than anyone in our midfield

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What's funny is the way Arsenal are in such a meltdown at the moment, yet they have still won 3 FA Cup's in 4 years and failed to finish in the top 4 only once in the past 18 years or whatever.

Liverpool have won 1 league cup in 11 years and have finished in the top 4 2 times in the last 8 years. Yet RAWK has this almost carnival atmosphere as though it genuinely is 1985. They have an incredible lack of self-awareness about the present coupled with utter delusion about the future.

1 league cup in 11 years...let that actually sink in. Wigan have a better record than them over the last decade. This isn't a mini 'banter-era' as fans of other clubs are calling a few seasons of below the usual standards, they are now a consistently unsuccessful football club.

But having not addressed any of their defensive problems or squad depth issues they had last season, for this new season in which they have to juggle more games... still look at the state of that end of season expectation thread. Every fecking year. They are what Arsenal are scared they are going to become yet they take the piss out of Arsenal like they've got PL titles coming out of their arse. So fecking funny.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Found this "review" in the link you quoted.

By Osama Ladin on December 15, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
Just as I reached to grab the last copy of this book I slipped and Demba Ba came out of nowehere and took it before... So I didn't read it. But I was told book has a good ending.

Halftrack

He's not wrong. For us, success is defined by winning trophies but for most clubs parameters of success are quite different.
My favorite review of it has to be this one:
5.0 out of 5 starsThe Liverpool Football Club experience encapsulated in literary form.
ByHarry Kon 8 July 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
"Football? Bloody hell!", as Bill Shankly once said.

By the final chapter of this book I was kneeling on the floor of my living room, floods of tears pattering onto my replica kit, wailing like a hysterical gibbon. My dogs, Rushie and Aldo, wailed in solidarity with me. They understood; my wife didn't. I felled her with a right hook.

Imagine if all you ever wanted was a carrot cake, and then, after 25 years without one, you see your most loyal friend walking towards your house smiling, carrying a carrot cake with your name on it. As he reaches your drive, he tumbles calamitously into a ditch. You rush out to find him writhing in agony amongst a cakey-muddy mess, a hungry raven pecking at his flesh. That is how we Liverpool fans feel about the 13/14 season (the raven is Tony Pulis, by the way).

This book is not just some cynical cash-in to make money out of Irish people. Paul Tomkins has truly encapsulated the modern-day Liverpool Football Club experience in literary form: the misty-eyed sentimentality, the endless self-mythologizing and, above all, the abject, humiliating failure. YAWN.

Trizy

They're mad over there. There was a few comments between an United fan and other users having a genuine good conversation about United this season and it was met with:

Thought this was the Man Utd piss take thread, why we have we got people reasoning with the gimps
.You can't reason with the gimps, they're gimps.
Don't need no apologists grinding with the gimps.
That's the huge difference between RedCafe and Rawk/Bluemoon. They refuse to give credit to any club (especially United) that isn't their own. Even The Shed End has some sensible posts now and then regarding other title contenders.

montpelier

They've gone right off Barcelona & Coutinho has miraculously recovered from his bad back. Not much for us on #2, obviously.

so a RAWKITE LFC-er writes

As someone whose club's had its best players ransacked by both Barca and Real in the last 20 years (well, maybe not THE best, but the best of the rest) I can safely say that I agree with The North Bank. Both Barca and Real are vile clubs, but at least with Real they make no bones about what they are and even wear that arrogance with pride. I can begrudgingly respect that. Your lot though, fecking hell, you're right cringey bastards with your mes que un club bullshit (whilst you're robbing the economically crippled people of Catalonia of the much needed tax revenue that you owe) and the 'Barca DNA' crap.
Alonso - Rafa by choice, Mascherano - fair but was a tool, Reina - crap by then anyway, Owen - wanted to go, Macca - wanted to go

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Give the man a break, he acknowledged we had a better defence. If he talked about how actually, we also have a better midfield and attack than them, he'd never be allowed in Liverpool again, never mind post on RAWK.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The evil overlord Fergus had destined the Kopites to burn and suffer and thus the Kopites saw the King as their hero and savior. The King had arrived to the city of the Kopites and was tasked with the mission of vanquishing the evil overlord and his devil worshipers. "Lo and behold, we shall arm ourselves with victory" he cried but his army commander of the house of Gerrard was a rash young fool. With a swift blow, he felled a devil worshiper but was unjustly sent away. Alas, the Kopites lost this vigorous battle.

Next was a battle in the black city of Pool. A blonde harlot had given the Kopites advantage against the orange people but again, it was not to be for they had fallen to a blow from an unsuccessful musician.

And thus, the King from the land of Dog's Leash had decided to throw away his weak subordinates and demanded shillings for new cohorts. Become mad with his unlimited wealth, the King had squandered it all on one handed swordsmen. There was the biter Luis from the house of black grandfathers and the bastard of a northern woman and a centaur. The Kopites rejoiced to their Lord at first, but soon quickly discovered the madness of their King. "35 fooqin million, la" was their cry.

Alas, some time after, A Kyte runner had won a great victory over the devil worshipers and all hope had returned. "He's fooqin world class, la" was the Kopites cry to their Lord. And thus it came to pass as thy Lord himself came down upon the King of the Kopites. The King bent to his knees and listened carefully as thy Lord gave him a silent advice in his ear. "Deploy thy Kyte runner in defense."

And thus it came to pass as the King deployed the Kyte runner in defense and there was laughter all across the land. Once again, thy Lord's come forth plea had been failed by the Kopites as they came sixth.

The Kopites believed in their King and gave him even more shillings to spend, but in his madness again, the King spent it on Stewart from Downing Street and the Hunchback of Der Land of always Sun.

It was looking good for the King's men as the Kopites proclaimed "This is our fooqin year, la". But alas, as it came to pass, Luis of the house of black grandfathers claimed a devil worshiper had wronged him. The people of the land did not believe the man from the house of black grandfathers and sentenced thy Buck-toothed cnut to 8 days of submissive prostitution for atonement. The King had not agreed with this sentence and vowed to make a stand as he appeared in a white T-Shirt with the buck toothed victim's frame on it. Alas, it did not have the desired effect on the people of the land.

Time passed as the Kopites battled the armies of Stoke on trent, vanquishing the Roman's army of the house of Chav, and also defeated a unsupported blue army from the port of Stock. Alas, as it came to pass, the Kopites faced the army of Cardiff. Battling ferociously against world class la enemies, Cardiff's mere mortals defied thy Kopite's wishes and drew with the army of the King. The King's men, lead by Martin of the house of Squirtle managed to rally their forces to defeat their enemies, on penalties. Lest we forget, they had a traitor in the Cardiff camp in their young rash commander's cousin, Anthony, who helped the Kopites win the battle with his failed effort.

And as it came to pass, the Kopites celebrated their victory in this great battle by proclaiming "Next year is our fooqin year, la", and once again, there was laughter all across the land.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Terrible I know, it's got nothing on Plech's effort but was bored for a while and decided to try this shit. Should have continued with Rodgers and Klopp but going out in a bit and couldn't be arsed doing any more.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
The evil overlord Fergus had destined the Kopites to burn and suffer and thus the Kopites saw the King as their hero and savior. The King had arrived to the city of the Kopites and was tasked with the mission of vanquishing the evil overlord and his devil worshipers. "Lo and behold, we shall arm ourselves with victory" he cried but his army commander of the house of Gerrard was a rash young fool. With a swift blow, he felled a devil worshiper but was unjustly sent away. Alas, the Kopites lost this vigorous battle.

Next was a battle in the black city of Pool. A blonde harlot had given the Kopites advantage against the orange people but again, it was not to be for they had fallen to a blow from an unsuccessful musician.

And thus, the King from the land of Dog's Leash had decided to throw away his weak subordinates and demanded shillings for new cohorts. Become mad with his unlimited wealth, the King had squandered it all on one handed swordsmen. There was the biter Luis from the house of black grandfathers and the bastard of a northern woman and a centaur. The Kopites rejoiced to their Lord at first, but soon quickly discovered the madness of their King. "35 fooqin million, la" was their cry.

Alas, some time after, A Kyte runner had won a great victory over the devil worshipers and all hope had returned. "He's fooqin world class, la" was the Kopites cry to their Lord. And thus it came to pass as thy Lord himself came down upon the King of the Kopites. The King bent to his knees and listened carefully as thy Lord gave him a silent advice in his ear. "Deploy thy Kyte runner in defense."

And thus it came to pass as the King deployed the Kyte runner in defense and there was laughter all across the land. Once again, thy Lord's come forth plea had been failed by the Kopites as they came sixth.

The Kopites believed in their King and gave him even more shillings to spend, but in his madness again, the King spent it on Stewart from Downing Street and the Hunchback of Der Land of always Sun.

It was looking good for the King's men as the Kopites proclaimed "This is our fooqin year, la". But alas, as it came to pass, Luis of the house of black grandfathers claimed a devil worshiper had wronged him. The people of the land did not believe the man from the house of black grandfathers and sentenced thy Buck-toothed cnut to 8 days of submissive prostitution for atonement. The King had not agreed with this sentence and vowed to make a stand as he appeared in a white T-Shirt with the buck toothed victim's frame on it. Alas, it did not have the desired effect on the people of the land.

Time passed as the Kopites battled the armies of Stoke on trent, vanquishing the Roman's army of the house of Chav, and also defeated a unsupported blue army from the port of Stock. Alas, as it came to pass, the Kopites faced the army of Cardiff. Battling ferociously against world class la enemies, Cardiff's mere mortals defied thy Kopite's wishes and drew with the army of the King. The King's men, lead by Martin of the house of Squirtle managed to rally their forces to defeat their enemies, on penalties. Lest we forget, they had a traitor in the Cardiff camp in their young rash commander's cousin, Anthony, who helped the Kopites win the battle with his failed effort.

And as it came to pass, the Kopites celebrated their victory in this great battle by proclaiming "Next year is our fooqin year, la", and once again, there was laughter all across the land.
Great effort mate :lol:

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose

Great follow up!

BorisontheRock

Is johnnowhite in lockdown too? With 9 points, ten goals scored and nil conceded, even the most stockholme syndromed Man Utd ' supporting' POW RAWK holds must find it hard believe that Jose Mourinho is the worst thing to happen to Manchester United since The Doc started taking his massages in the Brown household...

JohnZSmith27

Written in the stars apparently

This. I'm willing to bet good money coutinhos gonna come off the bench on the 70th and score a free kick on the 85th to win us the game. He always scores against them

It just feels like the universe is aligned for this to happen.

The villain becomes a hero again.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The most melodramatic people on Earth.

clarkydaz

Is johnnowhite in lockdown too? With 9 points, ten goals scored and nil conceded, even the most stockholme syndromed Man Utd ' supporting' POW RAWK holds must find it hard believe that Jose Mourinho is the worst thing to happen to Manchester United since The Doc started taking his massages in the Brown household...
'Hi guys, United fan here. Let me first offer my deepest apologies for United being top of the league start of the season. Wouldn't have happened under Busby's watch, let me tell you'

Djemba-Djemba

The best Rawk post ever was the one the day after Moscow 2008 when someone wrote this story about Liverpool winning the treble in 2009 and beating us in the final to do it.

"Rafa cradling the European Cup like it was his baby" Full of the Rawk over senitmental mawkish cliches.

It was absolutely hilarious.

BorisontheRock

'Hi guys, United fan here. Let me first offer my deepest apologies for United being top of the league start of the season. Wouldn't have happened under Busby's watch, let me tell you'
Even 'Mr Ferguson' had the decency to have slow starts to let the mawks get giddy before destroying their hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.