RAWK Goes Into Lockdown 2017/20-18 Edition | LOLis Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

montpelier

My Utd supporting mate has told me you are all impersonating bedwetters & whoppers, #YAWN #5Times

Which is good enough for me, because I believe my fabricating bellend of a mate does exist, I really do.

#DeirdreIn

SAFicus

The only facht that matters:

Manchester united trophies last season 3
Liverpool 0
Fixed that for you, competitive game competitive trophy. Not glamorous, but still a trophy. Only official friendlies don't count.

On a more serious note I can't wait for the ox's first ballon d'or though :lol:

Borat Sagdiyev

This will make you laugh

Right, after many attempts to join Rawk, I finally managed to get past all their security and got accepted!

1st post, thought will suck up to the mods to show im a true wank.. supporter, so posted

"so annoying that we are at nearly 300 pages on this VVD thread, for a player that we have been told is not even for sale, and that we (ie lfc) have actually said WE WONT BID ON and have no further interest in"

60 seconds later (no exaggeration) the post was deleted and I was permanently banned! No reason or message why, just banned for ever!

Funny, but gutted as well

Sorry XXXXXX, you are banned from using this forum!
Inappropriate/Offensive posts.
This ban is not set to expire.
Reality is strictly prohibited in their Code of Conduct.

Irrational.

Chambo will fit right in with his world class teammates Hendo, Flanno, Marko, Coutinho, Firmino, Robbo, Clyno, Moreno, Mingo and Milno.

Harold_Giles

Came across this lovely little argument about how much of a failure United has been post Fergie, despite 600m outlay in transfer fees.

One poster pointed out that United has actually won a few trophies in this era and got this response:

Haha - a liverpool fan defending the return on transfer investment of Man Utd! There aren't many Man Utd fans I know that would do that!! They're mostly appalled at the post Ferguson years, and continued disappointing premier league finishes. Sure, they've grabbed a few cups...for an outlay, of what, £600m or so? Yeah, maybe we disagree, but, for me, that's no example for splashing the cash.

And the galaticos? They had some initial success, sure, but then it all collapsed and they won nothing for three years. Nothing was being built by throwing money at it.
The normal one replies:
Who’s defending their spending? You said spending money doesn’t guarantee success and used United as an example, I’ve pointed out that United have three or four trophies since Ferguson has left. Mourinho has won more trophies in one season at United than we have under FSG, but let’s all laugh at their signings. The Galitico’s won league ttitles and Champions League titles but apparently that’s not defined as successful.
He then get's hit with this philosophical beauty:
As often in these discussions, it comes down to definitions. For me, success is an overall assessment against reasoned expectations, a broader trajectory, not just a trophy count. We've come close to a couple of trophies in the last few years, if we had won them, it wouldn't have made a massive difference to my assessment of how successful we've been/are.

And, no, I don't think the Galacticos as a project was successful. And others agree https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galácticos#Perceived_failure

If your definition of success is literally winning silverware, then understood, we have a different perspective.

But again, the evidence points to a stronger association between wages and league position, than transfer spend.
It's hardly surprising that only Liverpool can be successful without actually winning anything.

Shuriken

RAWK said:
If your definition of success is literally winning silverware, then understood, we have a different perspective.
Uhm, what else is the definition of success — figuratively winning trophies? :lol:

Beyond imbecile…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Should not point out that he actually makes sense to me and his final point is 100% correct

Quick, somebody post the gif!

montpelier

Like what I suggested, the OP on Oxlade-Chamberlain was a absolute blizzard of graphs & stats.

Can only agree about the OP by the way, well put together and should create a Patreon page or something for those who appreciate the quality content on Rawk (no sniggering at the back).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Btw, somebody here with an account there can point out to that guy he just said United are a bigger club than liverpool with higher standards of "success" ? Just to see how they react

DannyDee

It's hardly surprising that only Liverpool can be successful without actually winning anything.
I don't think we have been a success post-Fergie given how much we've spent, but the mental gymnastics to think Liverpool have been as successful if not more so, despite qualifying for CL the same amount of times and winning nothing requires quite the cognitive dissonance.

EyeInTheSky

Came across this lovely little argument about how much of a failure United has been post Fergie, despite 600m outlay in transfer fees.

One poster pointed out that United has actually won a few trophies in this era and got this response:

The normal one replies:

He then get's hit with this philosophical beauty:

Alternative Success.
Ok so in that first paragraph in his last post... am I right in thinking he has basically said that because they nearly got a trophy in the last 10 years that he would then change the core of his argument to "winning trophies is success" had they fecking won one???

So to sum up... Uniteds trophey haul is irrelevant and they only count "when/if" Liverpool win one???

We have a new philosopher for the ages people. I dub him Confusedcius...

The Bloody-Nine

Nah, he says if they had won a trophy it wouldn't change his broader opinion on whether or not they've been successful.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's saying for liverpool's current "level"(mostly financial means and international appeal and standing i guess), 2nd place PL in '14, EL final loss in '16 and PL 4th in '17 is a success

Whereas for united's level, 1 FA cup, 1 EL, 1 LC and no title challenge and only one participation in CL is not a success.

Basically, he said United's a much bigger club than liverpool and thus the standard of what constitutes a success for them is higher

He's not wrong

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Nah, he says if they had won a trophy it wouldn't change his broader opinion on whether or not they've been successful.
He's saying for liverpool's current "level"(mostly financial means and international appeal and standing i guess), 2nd place PL in '14, EL final loss in '16 and PL 4th in '17 is a success

Whereas for united's level, 1 FA cup, 1 EL, 1 LC and no title challenge and only one participation in CL is not a success.

Basically, he said United's a much bigger club than liverpool and thus the standard of what constitutes a success for them is higher
He's not wrong

Stop discussing Liverpool here. :nono: There's a Liverpool thread for that. This is for laughing at the rawk forum......

Status
Not open for further replies.