RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Zoo

Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #1994 on: Today at 03:29:18 PM »

I know a Saffer who flew himself and family in from Jhb to watch Steven Gerrard play his last game as Captain against Man Utd....
Feel sorry for that South African fan. 39 seconds :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This is a post about United presumably?

I think we'll finish fourth on goal difference but equal on points with third placed Arsenal, which is brilliant after our slow start to the season. I also think we'll take this form into next season and we will challenge for the title, especially if we do well with transfers in the summer.

Tyrion

This thread needs more RAWK quotes!

Can a newbie or two be promoted on the condition they become our RAWK quote monkeys?
What? One of the first things I did after getting promoted was post RAWK quotes for free.
Also, do we really want to expose new posters to RAWK?

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Martin will be charged for sure.

It really does go back to what a 'nice' team we are. It's like we want to be the people's club and I am not talking about like them across the way.
This of course in a match where one player was sent off and other is being charged for stamping.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
What? One of the first things I did after getting promoted was post RAWK quotes for free.
Also, do we really want to expose new posters to RAWK?
Your efforts are great appreciated, little man. But obviously this is a job that requires an entire team.

As long as they volunteer for the job I'm fine with it, though it would be better if they already read RAWK for its comedy content.

|Neo|x

Also when on earth did this happen?

Yes, he's pretty sound for falling down clutching his stomach, jumping up at the final whistle to grab Skrtel by the throat, then flopping down again.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The relationship with Hillsborough was fabricated by Scousers to further enhance the 'always the victim'. That said, as you say once they had won the PR on that, we should have stopped singing it. Though, it is very hard for the Scousers to suggest in the Suarez case that it was sung with any other intention that to ridicule Suarez and Liverpool's pathetic stance.
Considering the largest part of the always the victim mentality is to do with Hillsborough (and considering they bloody well were victims) then it doesn't matter if it was fabricated by them or not.

It shouldn't be sang, neither the without killing anyone chant, murderers or whatever else. Sing about them being shite yeah but just steer clear of Hillsborough/Heysel and everything associated with it.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Considering the largest part of the always the victim mentality is to do with Hillsborough (and considering they bloody well were victims) then it doesn't matter if it was fabricated by them or not.

It shouldn't be sang, neither the without killing anyone chant, murderers or whatever else. Sing about them being shite yeah but just steer clear of Hillsborough/Heysel and everything associated with it.
Amen to that. Well said.

Feedingseagulls

My opinion remains unchanged. I do not think we disrespect the memory of Juve's fans in continuing to remind Liverpool of their despicable behaviour in that regard. Who other than Juve fans should really have a view that counts massively? Recent encounters suggest a lingering dissatisfaction with Liverpool's perpetual evasion of blame and inability to apologise.

This is not one set of fans rejoicing in the tragedy suffered by opposing fans and using it to mock them. (Like Munich and Hillsborough references). Eg the scouser who premeditated bringing the toy inflatable plane to that game. No Liverpool fans demonstrated with the odious cnt.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
My opinion remains unchanged. I do not think we disrespect the memory of Juve's fans in continuing to remind Liverpool of their despicable behaviour in that regard. Who other than Juve fans should really have a view that counts massively? Recent encounters suggest a lingering dissatisfaction with Liverpool's perpetual evasion of blame and inability to apologise.

This is not one set of fans rejoicing in the tragedy suffered by opposing fans and using it to mock them. (Like Munich and Hillsborough references). Eg the scouser who premeditated bringing the toy inflatable plane to that game. No Liverpool fans demonstrated with the odious cnt.
What purpose does it serve to keep reminding people of it though? It won't make Liverpool fans apologise for it any more than it'll make the Juventus fans accept it. Just makes us lot look like cnuts and give them a reason to get their backs up and play the victim card against us. We've got literally feck all to do with what happened so why do we sing about it? Especially when for the last 20 odd years we've had plenty of other reasons to take the piss out of them.

The victim songs will forever be linked with Hillsbrough, the without killing anyone chants will forever be linked with Hillsbrough and many of our fans singing those songs know full well that they'll be linked to Hillsbrough to cause maximum damage to the Liverpool fans. We cannot and should not cry innocence about it, instead just stop fecking singing about it. We'd be exactly the same as them if the roles were reversed.

Always kills any happiness I have about playing them when the crowd starts chanting those type of songs.

Feedingseagulls

Anyone who thinks the lines in 3 Times can refer to Hillsborough is either ignorant of history or fails to understand sequential sentences in English. Unless they are non-English speakers I therefore feel justified in ignoring any opinion they might have. IMO

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Also when on earth did this happen?

Yes, he's pretty sound for falling down clutching his stomach, jumping up at the final whistle to grab Skrtel by the throat, then flopping down again.

Looked like De Gea pushed Skrtel away a couple of times, then put his hand on his shoulder/neck the 3rd time. Still looked more of a push than a grab, but De Gea has a fair reason to be angry. Skrtel's stamp was cowardly and malicious.

bishblaize

I think that I'll beat Mo Farah to the gold medal at the next Olympics, which is brilliant since I can only manage 10k at the most and my times are very slow. I also think that I'll take the confidence from that success and win the lottery five weeks in a row, especially if I buy a ticket.
:lol:

BazzaBear

Definately Banned

The fact that the deaths they're gleefully singing about to get a rise out of opposing fans are those of another team entirely makes it all better?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
To be fair, di Maria should of been booked for that. Stupid moment.
Handball isn't automatically a booking. It was the right decision to just give the free kick and nothing else.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Handball isn't automatically a booking. It was the right decision to just give the free kick and nothing else.
It was hardly a game changing decision anyway given that it was the only remotely bookable thing Di Maria did.

RedRover

What purpose does it serve to keep reminding people of it though? It won't make Liverpool fans apologise for it any more than it'll make the Juventus fans accept it. Just makes us lot look like cnuts and give them a reason to get their backs up and play the victim card against us. We've got literally feck all to do with what happened so why do we sing about it? Especially when for the last 20 odd years we've had plenty of other reasons to take the piss out of them.

The victim songs will forever be linked with Hillsbrough, the without killing anyone chants will forever be linked with Hillsbrough and many of our fans singing those songs know full well that they'll be linked to Hillsbrough to cause maximum damage to the Liverpool fans. We cannot and should not cry innocence about it, instead just stop fecking singing about it. We'd be exactly the same as them if the roles were reversed.

Always kills any happiness I have about playing them when the crowd starts chanting those type of songs.
Spot on.

Anyone who experienced Hillsborough, or Heysel, or any other football ground related tragedy I suspect would tell you what really matters in life - and it isn't football or having a go at rival fans.

Singing these kinds of songs is never justifiable, no matter how you dress it up.

At the end if the day football is just a game and I can never understand real hatred of opposition fans. Rivalry is fine, everyone loves a win over another big side, some more than others, but dragging it down to this level is idiocy.

Last edited:

Feedingseagulls

Question u h
The fact that the deaths they're gleefully singing about to get a rise out of opposing fans are those of another team entirely makes it all better?
I think we need to recognise that in suggesting songs of which we disapprove should not be sung, we are advocating censorship.
It still appears to me that such attacks on free speech are right only when some major imperative, probably a moral one like for racism, justifies that step. In this case the arguments are fundamentally about taste and what people's choices say about them.
I think that rejoicing in someone else's tragedy (Munich/Hillsborough references) is distasteful enough to provide strong motivation to prevent those songs.
I do not believe that reminding people of guilt and attempts at coverups (eg police in Sheffield) is ever wrong.

Ultimately, I am unsure what the precise reasoning might be to stop referring to Heysel wrt Liverpool. Because the arguments might collapse to the point that one can never draw attention to a guilty person's past. And that would make pursuing past injustices ( 96 & 39) rather difficult.

Tyrion

We should have a RAWK vote on keeping Mancs (Bar Johno) on this site............
Makes sense when you see Johno's post a while later:

For me, as a United fan, Jones's header on Lallana was a cast-iron red all day long. I've looked at it in slo-mo and Jones is never getting close to heading anything but Lallana. Jones might argue that he got there as quick as he could but as his timing was behind the clock, that doesn't make it any the less a red.

Not saying anything similar though about the late clattering of Henderson. Just surprised to see him so bloody far away from a measured and well-timed tackle. Let's be right here - he is by no means any longer a raw youngster and has to be doing better than that. Thought he'd become a top drawer defender when he first came from Blackburn. Changed me mind now.

Sorry fellow United fans but that's my opinion.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
At the end if the day football is just a game and I can never understand real hatred of opposition fans. Rivalry is fine, everyone loves a win over another big side, some more than others, but dragging it down to this level is idiocy.
Words of wisdom, couldn't agree more on that part.

ForlansHair

Makes sense when you see Johno's post a while later:
There is not a cat in hells chance he is a United fan.

The only other thing he's posted in that thread since the win other than that has been to praise a Liverpool fan. Not one mention of the performance or anything remotely related to that. I'm surprised he hasn't slagged off van Gaal or praised Rodgers' tactical genius yet. It's tragic.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
"How can they charge him and let Costa get away with his stamp? He should have gotten 6 games for each stamp, Skrtel should get zero.

I would tell the FA about the Rooney kick but that would no doubt get Mignolet a 3 game ban."

redevil2

I think that I'll beat Mo Farah to the gold medal at the next Olympics, which is brilliant since I can only manage 10k at the most and my times are very slow. I also think that I'll take the confidence from that success and win the lottery five weeks in a row, especially if I buy a ticket.
You are a genius!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The only other thing he's posted in that thread since the win other than that has been to praise a Liverpool fan. Not one mention of the performance or anything remotely related to that. I'm surprised he hasn't slagged off van Gaal or praised Rodgers' tactical genius yet. It's tragic.
He doesn't even try to hide it... Isn't his avatar a picture of Shankly as well? Funny how people there actually believe him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What Skrtel did was unforgivable, deserves his ban. Costa should've got 3 more matches but that doesn't change what Skrtel did. Lets move on, we are not Plastic FC who see conspiracies everywhere. On the day, the better team outplayed us.
So close to a good post, but just lost it's way there.

Revan

Assumptionman
He doesn't even try to hide it... Isn't his avatar a picture of Shankly as well? Funny how people there actually believe him.
Yeah, but he's seventy+ years old, and he doesn't know how to change the avatar. Which cannot be true considering that anyone who is able to create an account would be able to change the avatar.

Revan

Assumptionman

Cantona called it in a thread. I had my doubts all the time, but with time passing, I am pretty convinced that he isn't a United fan. There is Stockholm syndrome, and there is being like him. Nowadays he doesn't even try to hide his pure hatred for United.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Cantona called it in a thread. I had my doubts all the time, but with time passing, I am pretty convinced that he isn't a United fan. There is Stockholm syndrome, and there is being like him. Nowadays he doesn't even try to hide his pure hatred for United.
At least @Orc admitted it after being outed, but that guy takes the cake. Either he's a nutter or is in such deep-cover that he has become his adopted personality.

RedRover

Question u h

I think we need to recognise that in suggesting songs of which we disapprove should not be sung, we are advocating censorship.
It still appears to me that such attacks on free speech are right only when some major imperative, probably a moral one like for racism, justifies that step. In this case the arguments are fundamentally about taste and what people's choices say about them.
I think that rejoicing in someone else's tragedy (Munich/Hillsborough references) is distasteful enough to provide strong motivation to prevent those songs.
I do not believe that reminding people of guilt and attempts at coverups (eg police in Sheffield) is ever wrong.

Ultimately, I am unsure what the precise reasoning might be to stop referring to Heysel wrt Liverpool. Because the arguments might collapse to the point that one can never draw attention to a guilty person's past. And that would make pursuing past injustices ( 96 & 39) rather difficult.
That's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard.

Talking about "guilt" - are you, as a United fans responsible for any of the chaos caused by United fans when hooliganism was rife in the game? Innocent fans beaten up or stabbed, property looted or shops smashed up in away days in Europe or in the UK? I suspect you'd think you weren't.

This isn't about "free speech" because its not about having an opinion or discussing an issue with any actual interest. It's about a lot of grown men, most of whom who I suspect couldn't tell you anything about the actual events of Heysel/Munich (or whatever) trying to get a rise from another group of similar morons.

It's not people having and expressing a view on a historical event - it's mindless mob mentality from people who should know better, and often (as with the Chelsea "fans" in Paris the other week) are all apologies when they get singled out for their behaviour.

This kind of thing is what's wrong with football. There's still racism, still hatred - all for absolutely nothing. It's sad and it puts me off taking my kids to see my team and that's a real shame.