RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
I bet none of the Liverpool players are voting today because none of them can put a fecking cross in the box.
:D

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Phase of Play completely backtracking on a losing argument

From this:

Either way, my point stands - we're too slow, too laborious, too disjointed, and too indecisive to get the players we need to boost the team, in a timely fashion. If we weren't in for Depay, we should have been, given that goalscoring is our top, numero uno problem this season.

Clubs with single decison-makers get things done quicker. We're the only top tier club with a committee. We fail continuously on transfers. There's a connection between the two. And the connection isn't "money" or "glamour" or "manager's reputation".
You're missing the point. With a single-decision maker, the targets get identified, then they get pursued.

With group decisions, nothing gets done until a consensus is reached. It slows things down.

We're the only top tier club with a committee. We're trying to reinvent the transfer wheel, and consistently getting it wrong
To this, after being called out on numerous occasions

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick there, mate. I'm not so much "blaming us" for not getting Depay as I am pointing out how quickly things get done when there is a single person in sole charge of the transfer decisions, and a decisive set up that gets things done without much discussion.

Thrown in to boot....

Can't help but feel this thread has gone a little off topic...
The thread was laughable to begin with.

I mean who would have thought that the former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Netherlands manager, with the transfer budget bigger than the GDP of a small european country, would finish higher than the Moyessiah?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is a stupid transfer for them to get pissed off over given they probably did the best they could but were always fighting a losing battle for reasons beyond their control.

That said....

I'm quite enjoying the reversal of fortunes from last year. They've gone from challenging for the league and crowing about how difficult it was going to be for us to attract players with no CL football to missing out on CL football and crying over the players they can't attract. This makes me happy. :lol:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
They should think about getting Falcao if they are looking for a striker.
I hope not. I don't think we should keep Falcao as he hasn't been good enough. However were he to leave and find his best form again we'd be disappointed. Were he to go to Liverpool and find his best form again, it would be much harder to take.

LeftyBlaster

I hope not. I don't think we should keep Falcao as he hasn't been good enough. However were he to leave and find his best form again we'd be disappointed. Were he to go to Liverpool and find his best form again, it would be much harder to take.
Falcao would get a ton more service than he does here at Liverpool. They aren't mindless "spray and pray crosses" team as much as I hate them. They have players like Coutinho and Sterling who are very pacey and can actually work spaces and look for passes in offence.

You can all shoot me now

Sparky Rhiwabon

What are Liverpool fans saying about Memphis? Do they rate him? Any shift in opinions over the last few weeks?

Sparky Rhiwabon

This was a post on RAWK just before Memphis to United broke:

"Get this guy in and it would be something to get excited about. Hope it happens."

At least they can still be excited that he is coming to the Premier League.

Truedevil

i wish people would quit believing the press.

Depay was a United target before we were interested. he was ALWAYS going there.

Our interest was either to give him an option or make Man Utd pay more. Other clubs play that game of showing an interest, agents will mention other clubs to get a better deal, and some club will let a rumor out that another club is interested to see if they can get more out of the one who ends up purchasing the player.

It's a game...

As for Depay being our #1 target..don't make me laugh.
Haha, how pathetic.

Well it looks like Man Utd's #1 target for midfield, per the press,....Paul Pogba...will be going to PSG for 95 mil Euro's.

Another one they aren't getting Like Bale.
From the same poster. They'll do anything to make themselves feel better:lol:

Truedevil

strange signing by manutd, because he's not even half of a player that Di Maria is... he's Ashley Young level, and his goalscoring record means nothing because Altidore has scored over 40goals in 60games in the dutch league. We need a striker and a midfielder... we should be chasing and scouting a striker, not some fecking dutch Zaha left winger

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
When it was pointed out that yes, he did score in the World Cup against Australia and Chile.

I'm missing the part where Chile, who were the better team against Brazil in the Round of 16, have Championship rejects piled together.
Or Australia who were 2-1 up against the Netherlands and pretty well gave everyone in that a group a game bar Spain.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
for the past 18 months we've been chatting with his reps. Flew him over, thought it was in the bag, got gobby with the press and we're about to begin operation 'drive the price down'. It was all over the place that we'd 'cooled our interest' and 48 hours later woodward gets on the blower....how much do you want for depay, i'll fax the money, tell depay to pack his bags. Done.

But yeah we were never interested we've got four wingers and ntep has always fancied a holiday in Liverpool.
What you don't do is look like a fecking idiot in front of the whole world. If he's telling the truth then fine, if he's not then he's been a prick. If we lost out or pulled out then fine, but to say we were never interested if we were is not on. We shall see.
For those unfamiliar with Make a Wish. Cock.

We spend 20m on Markovic, give him an odd cameo in the Carling Cup, then an odd game at Forward, Winger, RWB, then wonder why he looks a 15 yr old that's won a 'Make a wish' competition.
I'm waiting for him to say "Mario has finally settled in." Followed by "Borini is a player we could get more out of." And for his coup de grace it will be "Danny Ings is a player we've kept tabs on for a while now."

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Classic RAWK. The only time United players are good is in a relative way which allows RAWK to belittle other United players by comparison.

0161_UNITED

Phase of Play completely ..
Phase of Play is such a joke and a bastion of pomposity. This "single person in charge for a transfer" is nonsense. Of course Woodward at least talked things over with Van Gaal and our finance department. Transfers involve identification of talent, establishing contact between the clubs and the players representatives, the negotiations, and that takes time. Consensus can be reached between individuals in that amount of time. Major multinationals do it, why can't Liverpool? Because, if they were interested, they have to find some conspiracy or red herring to cling to.

United22

It's disgusting, there's bad jokes then there's this. The fact it hasn't even been moderated says it all about class.
Sorry but someone made the exact same joke on this forum a year ago about Marouane Fellaini. I won't name and shame the person , but you can easily find it

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Sorry but someone made the exact same joke on this forum a year ago about Marouane Fellaini. I won't name and shame the person , but you can easily find it
Name and shame as I can't be bothered looking.