RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Green_Red

It is. They read it out on SSN before I went to look for it.
I had no idea that Jamie Carragher was delusional. I don't know what to make of him now.

Imagine if Giggsy had posted something similar at the end of last season.. lol, mental!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
how DID that end up anyway?
According to my postman's neighbour's Scouse friend they were in the middle of the game against Chelsea when Gerrard received the ball near the half way line. Gerrard miscalculated the pace of the ball and wasn't able to control it properly, but fortunately a giant eagle came out of nowhere and picked him up in it's talons, guiding him to safety. As he was flown over the ball Gerrard used his incredible technical ability (second best in the world only behind Philippe Coutinho, according to many experts) and commanding nature (second best in the world only behind Jordan Henderson, according to many experts) to grip the ball with his knees - leaving Demba Ba only able to watch in amazement - as he flicked the ball up and headed it past Courtois (second best in the world behind Simon Mignolet, according to many experts) into the top left corner of the goal from 50 yards out. Liverpool then went on to win their remaining games 10-0 to lift the Premier League trophy.

The Queen (second best monarch in the world only behind King Kenny, according to many experts), who is also a massive Liverpool supporter, knighted all of the players and crowned Gerrard King of the World (making him the best monarch in the world (King Kenny now a close second, with the Queen moved down to third place) according to many experts)).

Liverpool's success continued for a million years as they won every trophy in the world every season, before becoming the Guardians of the Galaxy who watched over the universe and protected it from evil. They fought countless wars against numerous invaders and made sure that everyone was safe. Then they blew up the big Death Star thing and lived happily ever after on the planet with the teddy bears. Special thanks to The Thick of It.

5 times.

montpelier

According to my postman's neighbour's Scouse friend they were in the middle of the game against Chelsea when Gerrard received the ball near the half way line. Gerrard miscalculated the pace of the ball and wasn't able to control it properly, but fortunately a giant eagle came out of nowhere and picked him up in it's talons, guiding him to safety. As he was flown over the ball Gerrard used his incredible technical ability (second best in the world only behind Philippe Coutinho, according to many experts) and commanding nature (second best in the world only behind Jordan Henderson, according to many experts) to grip the ball with his knees - leaving Demba Ba only able to watch in amazement - as he flicked the ball up and headed it past Courtois (second best in the world behind Simon Mignolet, according to many experts) into the top left corner of the goal from 50 yards out. Liverpool then went on to win their remaining games 10-0 to lift the Premier League trophy.

The Queen (second best monarch in the world only behind King Kenny, according to many experts), who is also a massive Liverpool supporter, knighted all of the players and crowned Gerrard King of the World (making him the best monarch in the world (King Kenny now a close second, with the Queen moved down to third place) according to many experts)).

Liverpool's success continued for a million years as they won every trophy in the world every season, before becoming the Guardians of the Galaxy who watched over the universe and protected it from evil. They fought countless wars against numerous invaders and made sure that everyone was safe. Then they blew up the big Death Star thing and lived happily ever after on the planet with the teddy bears. Special thanks to The Thick of It.

5 times.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 5 times <---- missed that tagged on at the end there, :D

It's like Tompkins meets the Deluded Commentator

montpelier

You don't really need a terribly complex analysis to know that 14-15 teams aren't going to win the Premier League any time soon.

All the tedious analysis does is give a way to talk up Liverpool Football Club's comedy fail of last season as a success. Which it was, obv. They were so so nearly & agonizingly triumphantly close in that unique but understated way of theirs.

redindian1987

Synchronized couples' skate to Losing My Religion
Not RAWK, but a guy on my facebook sent me this:

So what makes me to be a Liverpool fan???? It's because of their style of play. Pass and move. Emphasis on teamwork, controlling games with possession, hard work, and smart movement. Use quick counterattacks when needed. The Fans, thr greatest asset to LFC is us fans. Widely considered one of the more knowledgeable fanbases, we try to take our club anthem, “You’ll Never Walk Alone”, to heart. Not busy fecking sister in law like scum. And yea the young team, this squad has the youngest age average of the entire EPL and, while it shows negatively sometimes, it definitely leads to an optimistic outlook for many who feel the future is bright. We have the most exciting play, unlike long pass and back pass. We are the most exciting team to watch. While this wasn’t great for fans’ hearts, a leaky defense never is, the swashbuckling offense the team displayed was awe inspiring. The most importantly our club history. We have the unique history filled with great players, and great managers. Do yourself a favor and look up Bill Shankly. Even though this season has been a disappointment, many will agree that this team, with its young squad, young manager, and forward thinking philosophy, the trend is upward. Not to forget, the fans, the players, and what the team represents 1989, 96 Liverpool supporters who died in the Hillsborough Stadium Disaster, an event immortalized by the twin flames on the official club shield. We vowed never to forget their fallen comrades, and to this day carry on their memories in banners, scarves, songs, and poems. Mancs will never understand it because they are busy mocking the fallen victims. Death mocking bellends. It's been heard that last Everton game a bellend manc was kicked out of stadium for mocking.
Thing is, the guy is also a "fan" of AC Milan, Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. He sent me this when I called him out on it:

Suporting other club doesn't make you plastic. Get that right buddy!! If United didn't win league for 20 or so years, trust me your fanbase would be down to gutter!!! We still have the greatest ever fans!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gopher Brown

Not RAWK, but a guy on my facebook sent me this:

Thing is, the guy is also a "fan" of AC Milan, Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. He sent me this when I called him out on it:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I think knowledgeability of fans should be measured on the entirely arbitrary 'Liverpool scale'

It can be calculated using the number of years since a title win x the number of times your team hits the post or crossbar per season x number of players searched for on Wikipedia, divided by the number of fans a team has in Manila.

20solskjaer

I think knowledgeability of fans should be measured on the entirely arbitrary 'Liverpool scale'

It can be calculated using the number of years since a title win x the number of times your team hits the post or crossbar per season x number of players searched for on Wikipedia, divided by the number of fans a team has in Manila.
You forgot to x5 la

Winrar

I had no idea that Jamie Carragher was delusional. I don't know what to make of him now.

Imagine if Giggsy had posted something similar at the end of last season.. lol, mental!
pretty sure carragher was being sarcastic, or I hope so at least.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dont understand people who say they "support" more than one team.
I support United, and at best, there will be perhaps one or two teams that I dont mind watching ever year.

For Instance, Dortmund a couple of years ago were always a good watch, Bayern Munich when they won the treble, AC when they were doing well in Europe.

Entertaining to watch, but I couldnt give a rats ass what happens in the game.

Its a sure sign of a plastic the minute they start talking about "supporting" another big club, even worse if its in the same league.

Stretford End Phil

5 times.
Started funny, got better and even ended with teddy bears. Very clear and precise rendition of Scouse fantasies. Has to be the funniest post I've read for awhile. I now understand Red Dwarf, cheers mate....LOL

redindian1987

I support United, and at best, there will be perhaps one or two teams that I dont mind watching ever year.

For Instance, Dortmund a couple of years ago were always a good watch, Bayern Munich when they won the treble, AC when they were doing well in Europe.

Its a sure sign of a plastic the minute they start talking about "supporting" another big club, even worse if its in the same league.
Exactly. The entire thing started when he posted about how "as a fan of both teams" he did not know "whom to support". Its an asinine concept IMO. Your football club is like your family, there's only one.

He's a representative of most Liverpool fans I know here in India. Plastic as feck, still, right up there with the delusion.

Stretford End Phil

I agree with you entirely. However, when I was a lad going to United for the first time I recall seeing local fans who wore the combined colours of City and United woven into one scarf.

redindian1987

I bet he collects shirts as well. It's the sad fickleness of some so called footy fans. They shift from club to club.
Part of his defence for his plastic nature is the good old "most of my Manc friends" logic. Apparently, they all shifted to Liverpool last year. I know many gloryhunters ,but I'm yet to meet a United fan who is that stupid. It's like anybody associated with that club is automatically sprinkled with the magic dust of monumental delusion.

Luzhniki2008

Exactly. The entire thing started when he posted about how "as a fan of both teams" he did not know "whom to support". Its an asinine concept IMO. Your football club is like your family, there's only one.

He's a representative of most Liverpool fans I know here in India. Plastic as feck, still, right up there with the delusion.
Desi scousers are really of a different kind. My friend who is a typical Liverpool supporter you find on rawk loves wearing a Rooney England jersey.

montpelier

I agree with you entirely. However, when I was a lad going to United for the first time I recall seeing local fans who wore the combined colours of City and United woven into one scarf.
1920s & 1930s my Grandad would go to City and Utd on alternate Saturdays. I suppose that started to stop when there was more to do, television to watch etc. Women wanted to go shopping rather than just get the bloke out of the house for a few hours.

He wouldn't go to the Everton or Liverpool games cos of the fisticuffs & aggro, though. Hooligans.

Player Red

You are either Aidy Ward, Mystic Meg or simply a far, far more optimistic person than any of us on here are. I had trouble trying to extrapolate the career projections of Sterling based on the last to years let alone anoint him as the next coming of Steven Gerrard. Then I look at his own team mate Mario and wonder if history will repeat itself?

I would like to be able to know why many of us are not able to see it as 'clearly' as you are that we have a budding Platini in our hands? Maybe it would help open our my eyes and we would be able to enthusiastically accept the rumoured £150,000 contract instead of questioning the wisdom of guaranteeing a huge contract to a player who is only knocking (inconsistently) on the doors to the level of top class without even threatening to bring the door down?
I just love how their view on the trajectory of Sterling has plummeted.

Stretford End Phil

1920s & 1930s my Grandad would go to City and Utd on alternate Saturdays. I suppose that started to stop when there was more to do, television to watch etc. Women wanted to go shopping rather than just get the bloke out of the house for a few hours.

He wouldn't go to the Everton or Liverpool games cos of the fisticuffs & aggro, though. Hooligans.
Well I am probably in the grandad age band (thanks mate ... LOL) but I was referring to the 1960s. My family were 90% blue which meant I often had to go to Bitters game and have stood in the Kippax, dreadful place. There were always fights with Scousers, as long as I can remember. In all my days, I have never heard of a United fan supporting the scousers, I wouldn't even lay that at the door of the Bitters.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
POP on Depay like a couple of hours earlier.
Didn't other papers say we had opened talks a while ago? Let's just wait and see what happens, no matter how likely or unlikely the outcome seems in Liverpool's favour.
Is he right about anything?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Does RAWK have a transfer forum or equivalent? Can't find anything on Depay over there.

Stretford End Phil

Part of his defence for his plastic nature is the good old "most of my Manc friends" logic. Apparently, they all shifted to Liverpool last year. I know many gloryhunters ,but I'm yet to meet a United fan who is that stupid. It's like anybody associated with that club is automatically sprinkled with the magic dust of monumental delusion.
Totally agree. There was a bunch of them on this forum when I first got upgraded and I was truly amazed by their delusions. I don't remember us being quite so stupid after years in the wilderness.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
RAWK doing what they do best. Trying to convince themselves they haven't missed out and that the player is shit anyway.

MDFC Manager

He's a Dutch flat-track bully. Honestly, he's quite good against the shit teams. I went to watch one of the Dutch top flight clubs in a friendly against an amateur side and apart from stamina you couldn't tell them apart. He's nowhere in big games or in Europe so his statistics are vain and very flattering.

You know, Rodgers will find another way to spend his summer budget on someone useless because he's been spectacularly creative in doing so, but if he's going to do it he'd surely be able to at least find someone who's less of a twat than Depay.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That Dutch Red fella thinks Depay is shit. He's Dutch so he must know his stuff, just like how every English fan is 100% right about every English player :lol:

MDFC Manager

That Dutch Red fella thinks Depay is shit. He's Dutch so he must know his stuff, just like how every English fan is 100% right about every English player :lol:
He's fecking clueless
The Dutch league paints a very flattering picture for forwards. Some of them are the real deal: Suarez, Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, but then some of them aren't: De Jong, Castaignos, Alves, Babel. Depay will be in the last group. He looks good against teams that frankly are shite. Players like Suarez had shown they could cut it on high stages too(Champions League, World Cup, UEFA Cup).

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Nonsense, he's a fecking excellent player, might not settle immediately but given Di Maria should likely improve anyway it might not matter.
Only drawback is his close quarters dribbling.

redindian1987

He's fecking clueless
When it was pointed out that yes, he did score in the World Cup against Australia and Chile.

I'm talking the real World Cup games, with real players rather than some Championship rejects piled together. I'm talking about players boxing a ball off the line if needs be to keep their side in the tournament.
I'm missing the part where Chile, who were the better team against Brazil in the Round of 16, have Championship rejects piled together.