RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Anyone else watch the game last night and think there's something really weird with the way he claps? I can't quite pinpoint why it's so odd but I think it's something to do with how close his hands are together. Christ, everything about the man annoys me!
Is it because his hands are really small?

Zoo

Accurate.

Heaven fecking forbid we aim the criticism in the right direction.

The manager has said multiple times, unequivocally, that he has the final say on any player coming into the club and that it wouldn't work any other way. Categorically. Last season we heard very little about the committee and Ian Ayre, just as we didn't after we'd signed Sturridge and Coutinho. Now? Now it's Ian Ayre and the committed fault. It's their fault we spunked £20 million on Dejan Lovren because the manager didn't fancy Sakho or Agger. It's their fault we've filled the squad with flashy little technical players and then spent the thick end of £30 million signing another one. It's their fault that we signed Ricky Lambert and Mario Balotelli to replace Luis Suarez and compete with Daniel Sturridge. Their fault the manager has constantly slagged off his own players this season. It's their fault he's persisted with people like Johnson, Gerrard, Lambert and Balotelli in important games. Their fault we couldn't beat Basel and struggled to get four points from the mighty Ludogerets. Their fault we were outplayed twice by Beşiktaş. Their fault that in a Wembley semi-final our bright young manager was comprehensively out-tacticed by Bernard fecking Cribbins.

It's been an absolute train-wreck of a season. Every challenge the manager has faced, he's failed miserably. Every big game, he's flopped massively. We've spent the whole season whinging about 'we just need a striker' to avoid the stark realisation that without a once in a generation talent our manager is hopelessly out of his depth.

Nozzy

Anyone else watch the game last night and think there's something really weird with the way he claps? I can't quite pinpoint why it's so odd but I think it's something to do with how close his hands are together. Christ, everything about the man annoys me!
Yes, last time i noticed that technique was at my 8 year old grandsons school nativity play.

Nozzy

May have been mentioned but it amused me to see Huge Face Henderson, urging the Hull player off when he was being subbed. The obvious retort should have been, "HFH, you just wasted a full 90 minutes"

Mindhunter

May have been mentioned but it amused me to see Huge Face Henderson, urging the Hull player off when he was being subbed. The obvious retort should have been, "HFH, you just wasted a full 90 minutes"
Haven't watched the match but I heard that he is stamping the authority of his new found leadership role by hogging all the FKs?

Im watching Raja from Zambia suggesting on some fan show they should spend 60m on Gonzalo Higuain. I hope Brendan is watching :D

iHicksy

How come skirtel isn't under consideration? He's been at the club since forever and is aggressive as feck. Albeit, he's one of my least favourite players as he's a mouthy, dirty, cheating cnut.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Who would you prefer?
Set pieces- Coutinho or Can heck I bet Moreno would take a decent corner.
Captain- Sakho Lucas or Can.
Sakho can see the language barrier being an obstacle but we should be building our defence around him.
Lucas- gone from underrated to overrated and now back to underrated again, not the player he was but he's still excellent as a pure DM with a good passing range (our Carrick if you will) been at the club a long time, will be absolutely livid if he's gotten rid of before welsh Xavi.
Can- Young player with that aura of being a natural born leader, drives the team on at times the only one, Still got work to do to prove himself in MF but he's had a great season all things considered.

Skrtel- can never take a liking to just because of how poor he's been in a back four, was excellent as the sweeper in a three but In a four he just looks lost and it's no surprise we're being cut through like butter and are back to conceding easy goals. That being said I'd wager he'd look better in a team that is actually coached to defend properly as would all our international defenders.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
Captain- Sakho Lucas or Can.
I would vote for Lucas, if he was likely to be a consistent starter. But he isn't. He'll probably leave over the summer and even if he doesn't, he's not going to play every game. I believe the captain should be the senior outfield player WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS and next season that will be Martin Skrtel or Jordan Henderson. As Henderson is currently the vice captain, he seems like the natural choice. You might disagree, but to call that a travesty when two of your three suggestions are players who are in their first season at the club is just silly.

Henderson works hard and has shown that he learns and improves. I really don't get the hatred for him from some supporters. I think familiarity is breeding contempt and that he's also getting the blame for poor management.

Now, is he hogging set pieces? No, he isn't. Coutinho took several corners against Hull. Balotelli took the free kick he wanted to take. I don't recall if anyone else had a go at the free kicks, but blaming a player for "hogging" the ball in these cases is ridiculous. It's the manager and coaches who assign these responsibilities.

clarkydaz

sterling not the messiah anymore, he's a very naughty boy

He's totally SHIT. No skills at all. He might be off to change his sporting career to track running!
Keep your mouth shut lad and learn your trade properly. Can't even take on a man
Another listless performance. Almost as shit as his powder puff shots. 150k a week!? feck off!
If it wasn't for all the futile diving, in recent weeks you wouldn't even notice he was on the pitch.It pains me to slag off any of our players and I've never ever done it on here before but in over 50 years of supporting the club I don't think I've ever disliked one of our players as much as I despise this greedy, entitled little shit. Hopefully he'll be gone in the summer.
Offload him. Nowhere near good enough to command anywhere near the money he wants. Anything over 30m and snap their hand off whoever it is
[He got off lightly with the 'your agents a knob' chants. I've never ever wanted one of our players given the bird before but if our fans really want to protest against 'modern football' they'll be giving this self-entitled little shit what he deserves in the last few games of the season./QUOTE]

Keegan, Rush, Souness, Beardsley, Litmanen, Owen, McManaman, Garcia, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez etc etc etc - I was absolutely gutted when each and every one of them left the club but if we manage to get top dollar for Sterling in the summer I'll be thinking 'good fecking riddance to the cuntybollocking, gruntfuttock of a greedy little shite'
Dribblings not that great
Passing is poor
Shooting is fecking laughable
Heading is... I dunno I cant remember him banging one in with his head
Game intelligence is minimal

But his biggest fault IMO is this sense of delusion and self entitlement he seems to have about himself.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I would vote for Lucas, if he was likely to be a consistent starter. But he isn't. He'll probably leave over the summer and even if he doesn't, he's not going to play every game. I believe the captain should be the senior outfield player WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS and next season that will be Martin Skrtel or Jordan Henderson. As Henderson is currently the vice captain, he seems like the natural choice. You might disagree, but to call that a travesty when two of your three suggestions are players who are in their first season at the club is just silly.

Henderson works hard and has shown that he learns and improves. I really don't get the hatred for him from some supporters. I think familiarity is breeding contempt and that he's also getting the blame for poor management.

Now, is he hogging set pieces? No, he isn't. Coutinho took several corners against Hull. Balotelli took the free kick he wanted to take. I don't recall if anyone else had a go at the free kicks, but blaming a player for "hogging" the ball in these cases is ridiculous. It's the manager and coaches who assign these responsibilities.
Well Sakho is in his second season but I get the gist of where you're coming from. I don't hate Henderson I rate him as one of our best players i just don't think he's captain material simple as.
Skrtel is part of an underlying issue with the defence, you have Rodgers wanting to implement an aggressive high line game yet he's made a man who's natural instinct is to drop off and defend the penalty box a mainstay of the defence. It's utterly baffling to me and I have no idea what he actually wants to do.
A back four of Manquillo Lovren Sakho and Moreno would be the ideal defence for Rodgers principle method of defending, but the strategy is ever changing one minute were playing counter attack football the next we're playing possesiom football with target men and no Dm. Can you understand why it all becomes slightly confusing??
I appreciate adaptability and versatility in a manager but its getting ridiculous when we bought an attacking midfielder highly rated Europa League player of the year to play him at wing back and right back.
The set piece issue is just borne out of frustration at being so poor at them.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
It's utterly baffling to me and I have no idea what he actually wants to do.
A million times this. I suspect he has no idea either.

I almost wrote a screed about Lazar who I think is a gifted and intelligent player who has been criminally misused by Rodgers. And I could write a book about all the things I haven't liked this year. Here's just one. We started out playing with a back four. We only shifted to a back three because the back four was so crap. Who brought in Sakho (and yes, he's in his second season - my stupid mistake) Lovren, Manquillo, and Moreno? And who completely failed to fashion a decent back four? And who has dropped all four players throughout the season?

My single biggest problem with Rodgers - except that I just don't like him - is that he lacks all courage in his convictions. I get the feeling he keeps changing things at random until he stumbles on something that works and then announces he's a football genius. Again.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
A million times this. I suspect he has no idea either.

I almost wrote a screed about Lazar who I think is a gifted and intelligent player who has been criminally misused by Rodgers. And I could write a book about all the things I haven't liked this year. Here's just one. We started out playing with a back four. We only shifted to a back three because the back four was so crap. Who brought in Sakho (and yes, he's in his second season - my stupid mistake) Lovren, Manquillo, and Moreno? And who completely failed to fashion a decent back four? And who has dropped all four players throughout the season?

My single biggest problem with Rodgers - except that I just don't like him - is that he lacks all courage in his convictions. I get the feeling he keeps changing things at random until he stumbles on something that works and then announces he's a football genius. Again.
Yep the only time we've defensively looked comfortable is in a back three. Manquillo's currently getting the Sakho treatment from earlier in the season where Rodgers pretends you don't exist. Markovic appears to be the scapegoat constantly being hooked at HT, his face when receiving instructions from Rodgers yesterday told the whole story he was utterly bemused and unsurprising given he was being asked to play RB. It looks like the media are ready to stick the knife in I've seen several articles today lambasting him.

James Redburn

Staggered
There's a smartass kopite in a firm I visit and he laughed when, pre season, I told him this was the first LFC since promotion in the early 60s that they didn't have a genuine "star" to rescue them. Hunt, St John, Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Owen etc right up to Suarez - there was always one.

The gobby little tart was trying to hide in the canteen when I pulled up today so I had to say "Hull of a game lad" - thought he was gonna cry.

montpelier

sterling not the messiah anymore, he's a very naughty boy
They don't do individual player threads no more. Whereabouts on the 107** pages of
''Sterling (*)'' are these from?

edit: **115 pages

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I love how they completely 100% blame Hodgson for Sturridge's season.
RAWK said:
Personally I think we'll be orders of magnitude better off having Lallana, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge spend the summer with Rodgers instead of Hodgson (and hopefully not having new players brought in that will ever spend time with Hodgson... ever!)

If anything killed the first 1/3rd of our season it was Gerrard, Lallana, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Lambert and the absolute Hodgifiction of them

Actually Sterling did ok, but... I think it was that time with assholes from Chelsea and Manc United that made him believe he was bigger than he is. Assholes

And they did not win a single fecking game at the WC

What a fecking disaster

Note: Our "transfer committee's" disaster last summer was formulating around a team able to be manipulated by Roy fecking Hodgson for the entire summer
:wenger:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just out of curiousity to do we an Arsenal Mania goes into meltdown thread? I've seem some quality ones from the Arsenal forum whilst flicking through their Gundogan thread.

Trizy

Just out of curiousity to do we an Arsenal Mania goes into meltdown thread? I've seem some quality ones from the Arsenal forum whilst flicking through their Gundogan thread.
I'm not sure about Arsenal fans, maybe Chelsea have one on their forums but they seem to be realistic fans where as Liverpool fans are as thick as a wall and City fans are so bitter and hate us so much both make for great reading :lol:

Start one.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
We do but it is rarely bumped.

RetroStu

I go on Arsenal mania quite a lot and most of them don't really say anything too bad against us apart from the odd poster who seem to despise us (it seems to be that way with all clubs forums lol). The only time they go overboard about us is when we are playing them or about to play them really.

montpelier

Goon Mania

Arsenal's players are potentially the best in the Division or actually are the best in the Division if they cost more than £ 10 M. Quality of football served up is the purest since anyone first inflated the bladder of a pig. Fawlty is in /out according to last week's result.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
There's a smartass kopite in a firm I visit and he laughed when, pre season, I told him this was the first LFC since promotion in the early 60s that they didn't have a genuine "star" to rescue them. Hunt, St John, Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Owen etc right up to Suarez - there was always one.

The gobby little tart was trying to hide in the canteen when I pulled up today so I had to say "Hull of a game lad" - thought he was gonna cry.
You're going to hell for that one.