RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It was as much about Suarez as it was about momentum. They went into every game believing they'd wipe the floor with the opposition and usually did. Then Slippy happened closely followed by Crystanbul followed by Suarez leaving. Pretty much shattered all their confidence and momentum and had to start from scratch all over again.

One rawkite summed it up well. A ridiculous and over the top analogy but strangely apt all the same I thought:

Get blowing lads!
You would think they would be a bit fed up of blowing it?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I was going to add a Liverpool greats rant with that one, something along the lines of:

Slightly breathless Norwegian accent:

Arthur Askey! Cilla Black! Craig Charles! Edwina Currie! Ken Dodd! Kenny Everett! Billy Fury! Rex Harrison! Carla Lane! SIR Simon Rattle! Patricia Routledge! Alexi Sayle! Peter Sissons! Jimmy Tarbuck! Your boys took one HULL of a beating!

I was going to add a Liverpool greats rant with that one, something along the lines of:

Slightly breathless Norwegian accent:

Arthur Askey! Cilla Black! Craig Charles! Edwina Currie! Ken Dodd! Kenny Everett! Billy Fury! Rex Harrison! Carla Lane! SIR Simon Rattle! Patricia Routledge! Alexi Sayle! Peter Sissons! Jimmy Tarbuck! Your boys took one HULL of a beating!
:lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How are we going to win it (the title)? We don't have the money, we don't have the income and revenue, we don't have the manager, we don't have the players, we don't have the owners, we don't have the infrastructure, we don't have the mentality, we don't even have a pitch to the standard of champions for f*ck sake. Not to mention the fact we are cursed! We don't have anything to suggest that we will win it again in my lifetime. Yes I'm pissed off and very down about how shite we are and I'm very bitter about it.
!!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The depression is deep in RAWK-land.. :lol:
That's such a bullshit statement to make. Sure, it doesn't look too good right now, especially money-wise compared to the likes of United and co, but you can't possibly predict how it's going to be in fifty years. No United fan in their right mind would've thought they had 20 league titles by now thirthy years ago.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That's such a bullshit statement to make. Sure, it doesn't look too good right now, especially money-wise compared to the likes of United and co, but you can't possibly predict how it's going to be in fifty years. No United fan in their right mind would've thought they had 20 league titles by now thirthy years ago.
Hey it's your lads you need to be convincing. Maybe start with this guy...

Re: Twenty Five Years
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 09:24:02 AM »
its getting to the stage where id love to see one more before i pop my clogs, never mind dominating like we used too

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hey it's your lads you need to be convincing. Maybe start with this guy...

It sounds like he assumed they were going to start dominating again rather than winning a one-off title:lol:

Sad Chris

That's a bullshit comparison. It's all about power and money nowadays. It's a lot easier to stay on the moving train than to hop back on board. I'm not sorry, but I think you might have a bigger chance of getting relegated than winning the PL.

The difference between us and you is we where there when it counted and you just count when you were there.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Do they believe they can get 4th?
I certainly don't. If United win one of their last three games, we need a 9/9, which just isn't going to happen if you look at our remaining fixtures. It's very frustraring because we could've gotten it after a pretty average season if we didn't feck it up against West Brom and fecking Hull in the last two weeks. But I think you can say the same about United numerous times this season so oh well.

Mali_Zeus

I certainly don't. If United win one of their last three games, we need a 9/9, which just isn't going to happen if you look at our remaining fixtures. It's very frustraring because we could've gotten it after a pretty average season if we didn't feck it up against West Brom and fecking Hull in the last two weeks. But I think you can say the same about United numerous times this season so oh well.
Yup, we were in a nice situation but with 3 defeats its like we're offering that 4th to you and you dont want it. Its as if we're competing who's worse. :)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
And we could be sitting in second had we won our last two games. If's and buts mate. ;) You kopites, you make it sound like only your feck ups matter. "we hit the post 30 times this season, so by that we would have won the league if they went in"

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And we could be sitting in second had we won our last two games. If's and buts mate. ;) You kopites, you make it sound like only your feck ups matter. "we hit the post 30 times this season, so by that we would have won the league if they went in"
Did you read my last sentence mate? I'm fully aware that we shouldn't even be in a position to challenge for a top four spot anymore.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We really are trying to "out-shit" each other, we're both dreadful :lol:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
My friend tells me Liverpool will have the last laugh in this top 4 chase. Let's all laugh at RAWK while we can.

U99ted

We'll pip them to it on the final day by 1 point. We're Arsenal, they're Spurs.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
^ Use proper 'feck' to get to the article.

Chirst, it's the longest pile of shite I've ever seen. I think Tomkins and POP are the same person.

Feedingseagulls

I endured it until it became apparent that there would be no discussion of money wasted and disruption caused by 'churning'. * Hence no criticism of Liverpool on what is one of the most sound bases.

* So his model makes no allowance for using say 6 different £15m players over 3 years instead of just spending on one. Because all that counts is that just one of them was in the starting 11 at the time. The wasted £75m is ignored.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
If anyone can't be arsed to read 20k words I'll summarize: net spend, lol
If you are going to write a 20K word essay, then you should include a conclusion or summary at the end. Then you can decide whether you want to read the rest or not.

btw:

This is a free article from The Tomkins Times - "the most intelligent guide to LFC around" (Independent on Sunday)
;)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's not wrong about his basic premise though. If you add transfer spend + wages you can basically predict any league table to a high degree of accuracy. It's one of the reasons football leagues are pretty naff compared to sports with distributed incomes/salary caps.

If you ranked all 20 clubs by total spend, the odds of the bottom 15 winning the league is 0. Ie, 75% of the teams in a 'league' aren't even competing for the damn thing.