RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I just cant understand. So Liverpool manager has subbed off his captain, who has scored a goal in a game in which they had the chance to still be in top 4 battlewith a win, and they're chasing a game, just so he can have an ovation from Chelsea fans........... Mind blowing.

Also he loves the words like - outstanding, fantastic, big effort.
It was a good move by Brentan. If Gerrard had stayed on the pitch any longer, he might have slipped again and Chelsea would of won.

Gopher Brown

Maybe I am being blinded by all these sentimental Liverpudlians but I cannot understand all these platitudes from the Liverpool fans. Gerrard has been around since 2000, and I've enjoyed football immensely since then but I've never considered him anything more than just a very good and effective player who was never particularly good at anything except hitting it narrowly wide from 40 yards and Hollywood passes which were successful about 10% of the time.

I'd have had him in my team, but I'd sooner have had a 36 year old Scholes and Carrick. I feel like I'm missing something here.

montpelier

I think Phase is joking about and/or proposing a sensible upgrade to the LFC transfer strategy. Difficult to tell.

(he's messing about)

Truedevil

JohnnoWhite has finally turned up turned up, of course he is moaning.
We've never set the world on fire though in heading towards that 4th spot finish for the season have we? If that translates as having made our season then we really have seriously lowered our expectations.

Cantona
I doubt it.
You can't even say a good word about us after beating our biggest rivals. Just because we aren't challenging for League titles doesn't mean you can't celebrate the little successes during a season, and of those little successes it doesn't come much sweeter than beating Liverpool home and away.
Johnno
What exactly is it that you doubt?

If I say something on here it usually is because that's what I believe or what I will do once the specific and referenced conditions are met.

And do you measure the heighth of United's quality standards only by us beating Liverpool? As satisfactory as those victories may have been how good really were they when taken in the context of a Liverpool side not anywhere near the peak of their former glories ?

Now then what about Arsenal in the Cup, and then Chelsea and even Everton and yes West Brom too just the other week? In my own defence, surely you , like me, were less than satisfied with those kind of results in the cup and the league weren't you?

If you weren't concerned about our performance levels in the last 4 games mentioned but choose rather to comfort yourself in the false solace of turning over Liverpool twice, I suggest you really do need to expand your horizons and challenge yourself to aim higher.
Cantona
I doubt that you will give any credit due.
You couldn't after we went on a great run playing some great stuff at times and beating our traditional rivals, in fact i've never read a complimentary post from you regarding United post Busby.

Your conditions and expectations on Van Gaal are unreasonable, to turn around the mess left by Fergie, Moyes and our owners is going to take more than a season. I would have thought somebody who had experienced such a long wait without a league title win would be more patient than some of our Sky generation, demand it now fans.

As for taking pleasure from beating Liverpool, I always will but I did make it clear that it was a small success in a transitional season not one to measure our standard by.

There has been a fair share of disappointing results but that's to be expected in a season where he's teaching the players a different way of playing.

Not that Van Gaal is without blame, he's made many mistakes but ultimately he has delivered on our objective. With every passing season of course it is fair to demand more as he has the time to bring in his own players and mould us to his vision but that is why managers are given 3/4 year contracts and not one.
Johnno
Oh so now you are tantamount to calling me a liar fella?

You are entitled to have your opinion but I say now straight to you, do not ever level at me the accusation that I am not big enough to say anyone had done a good job.
I've seen all shades of managers attempting to operate at United and I know what I've seen and I know what I deduced from what I've seen.

My values and yours are clearly poles apart. The levels of our differing standards - from mediocrity to bordering on excellence - seem not to be THAT far apart in your judgement. My mind boggles!!

That said mate when I start to see the truly uplifting pleasure of a United side - in fact any bloody side! - attempting to deliver never mind achieving - a level of quality which we have always aimed for (and for which we have always been justifiably acknowledged) - I bloodywell will highlight it here - and anywhere else I sodding feel like - OK?

All of these exchanges between two United fans give me little pleasure. Please for your own sake, try and get over yourself lad - you are becoming a sick parody of a real football fan.
Meanwhile some other Pool fans trying to help Johnno:lol:

Rather listen to you Johnno and your honest opinions than that massive bellwhiff Cantona and his thinly veiled jibes.

Some just can't take off the rose tinted specs John no.
Response to Johnno latest post

montpelier

Great stuff but that exchange doesn't really allay the nagging doubts & ever so slight suspicions about JW's true allegiances does it?

montpelier

All of these exchanges between two United fans give me little pleasure. Please for your own sake, try and get over yourself lad - you are becoming a sick parody of a real football fan.
I'd like to say you couldn't make this up... but suspect that he obv has done, :eek:.

Darkpulse

Maybe I am being blinded by all these sentimental Liverpudlians but I cannot understand all these platitudes from the Liverpool fans. Gerrard has been around since 2000, and I've enjoyed football immensely since then but I've never considered him anything more than just a very good and effective player who was never particularly good at anything except hitting it narrowly wide from 40 yards and Hollywood passes which were successful about 10% of the time.

I'd have had him in my team, but I'd sooner have had a 36 year old Scholes and Carrick. I feel like I'm missing something here.
In my opinion, if I were a Liverpool supporter, I would probably have felt the same. As United supporters we've had trophies to celebrate, they've only had a great player to talk about year after year. When he retires, the memories of his playing years will stand out more than anything else that was significant, except for the CL win in 2005. And even Istanbul was highly associated with the heroics of Gerrard.

brian017

Do they not think it's suspicious than Johnno hasn't EVER said a complimentary thing about United before, no?

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Do they not think it's suspicious than Johnno hasn't EVER said a complimentary thing about United before, no?
Thats because Johnno is the only honest United fan in this world without any bias. And anyone without any bias knows that United have never done anything that deserves praise.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Steady on - he's a poster, not Ganghi.

Suedesi

Thats because Johnno is the only honest United fan in this world without any bias. And anyone without any bias knows that United have never done anything that deserves praise.
And he's been following United for 63 years. Yup, makes total sense.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The one where he says SAF came to the club with 'nowt' :lol: The same SAF who broke the Old Firm dominance and won in Europe?

tbf, I would have rather Bruce than Moyes any day and I reckon he would have made a better fist of it than him too, at least initially.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Are 'Cantona' and 'RossoBianchi' from RAWK posters on here as well?
I have to admire their calm and collected manner on RAWK when dealing with so many nutters, especially this 'JohnnoWhite' character (5000 posts pretending to be a United fan on a Liverpool forum!).
I wouldn't last 5 minutes on there.

Moonred

Are 'Cantona' and 'RossoBianchi' from RAWK posters on here as well?
I have to admire their calm and collected manner on RAWK when dealing with so many nutters, especially this 'JohnnoWhite' character (5000 posts pretending to be a United fan on a Liverpool forum!).
I wouldn't last 5 minutes on there.
Cantona isn't as far as I know. May join up later. Cantona is great in RAWK. I swear even rawk seems to enjoy him and thus he survives without trouble.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That LFCReds thread is superb

If the munters compare these run ins and still feel confident then they are defeckinglusional.

March 2015
Premier League
Liverpool v Man Utd Sun 22 Mar 13:30
April 2015
Premier League
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4 Apr 15:00
Premier League
Man Utd v Man City Sun 12 Apr 16:00
Premier League
Chelsea v Man Utd Sat 18 Apr 17:30
Premier League
Everton v Man Utd Sun 26 Apr 13:30
May 2015
Premier League
Man Utd v West Brom Sat 2 May 15:00
Premier League
Crystal Palace v Man Utd Sat 9 May 15:00
Premier League
Man Utd v Arsenal Sat 16 May 15:00
Premier League
Hull v Man Utd Sun 24 May 15:00

March 2015
Premier League
Swansea v Liverpool Mon 16 Mar 20:00
Premier League
Liverpool v Man Utd Sun 22 Mar 13:30
April 2015
Premier League
Arsenal v Liverpool Sat 4 Apr 12:45
FA Cup - Sixth Round
Blackburn v Liverpool Wed 8 Apr 19:45
Liverpool v Newcastle Mon 13 Apr 20:00
Premier League
Hull v Liverpool Sat 18 Apr 15:00
Premier League
West Brom v Liverpool Sat 25 Apr 15:00
May 2015
Premier League
Liverpool v QPR Sat 2 May 15:00
Premier League
Chelsea v Liverpool Sat 9 May 15:00
Premier League
Liverpool v Crystal Palace Sat 16 May 15:00
Premier League
Stoke v Liverpool Sun 24 May 15:00
"Defeckinglusional" :lol:

I'm struggling to find a post without any swearing. They're just incandescent with bitterness and rage. Lunatics.

I love how there is a few days of silence, and then someone brings up the penalty miss. Serious straw-clutching.

Pretty strange how they keep bringing up how all we do is talk about Liverpool, in a thread where they seem to be scraping the barrel to find reasons to laugh about United, such as a penalty miss in a game they lost on their own patch...

Also, this guy (who is referring to our game against City) cannot count:

They had a spawny deflection for the first goal and two others were offside

Going by the actual rules of the game, City win that 1-2.

But you know, munts, home, spawn, sh*te officials and all that
Do "spawny deflections" not count as goals? Young and Smalling's goals were fine. Mata was offside, and he probably thinks Fellaini was too, though he definitely wasn't. I still count two completely non-contentious goals. He probably just ran out of fingers to count on because they're webbed together.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
The guy doing an impression of SAF in this one might just be the best impression ever:

That SAF impression is absolutely bang on!

"No not at all, I had to ring the police" :lol:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Of course not. United are consistently shit, even when we're winning, so an unbiased person would of course never post anything positive about United.

Booyakasha

(from the delightful lfcreds.com)

They post this on a Liverpool forum's Manchester United thread that is 375 pages long. Irony is dead, long live irony.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Mind you when you've followed United since 1952 and been privileged to witness what Matt delivered for us and then to have been rewarded for our long wait by what Alex brought to our table - VG has very hard acts to follow in my book. Still don't see him as the answer though.
feck off Jonno you crazy nutcase.