RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

Quote from: JohnnoWhite on Today at 04:49:12 AM
Dear me - oh dearie dearie me. Is this really the kind of "fan" United attracts today?

Like I said the other week in another thread now locked off, I am done with following United from the moment Shitface takes the seat - so I imagine it's matter of just days now.

On the upside, at least I won't be bracketed with dickheads that can write shite like that above.
Redcafe are convinced you aren't a Utd fan anyway Johnno.
My heart bleeds Sol - and although it's a standard throw-away line, I honestly mean that.

That place just has to be 95% populated by rabid fecking morons. Dear God, I think I'll lose around about 30 milliseconds sleep over that startling revelation mate.
Quote from: 1892tillforever on Today at 08:37:50 AM
It's mainly because he speaks common sense and comes across as a genuine fan of the game while also holding his club's traditions dear. That sets him apart from the vast majority of the shower than support United these days.

When Shitcoat does get appointed Johnno, I hope you still stick around; I enjoy reading your posts.
You can put money on that mate I assure you - in spite of you-know-who's imminent arrival!

This is a solid place to be talking about the game we all love. I honestly think that the overwhelming majority of the folks in here genuinely recognise there are times from time to time, when we all of us can set traditional club rivalries aside in the best interests of a good number of important factors. Maintenance of our self-respect, seeing the far bigger picture and the pursuit of honest and sensible debate. That happens a fair old lot in here and long may it continue.
Quote from: jillc on Today at 07:52:13 AM

Well it's not been announced yet so who knows? Out of interest who would you be happy with?
Well some months ago, I threw in a total newby Eddie Howe. I said this because from what I have seen of his players none of whom are household names by the way, I think he actually does believe - like many of us here believe - in trying to hold fast to the style and the attraction of how this daft game needs to be played.

It would never happen again at United (as once it did under the good counsel of Sir Matt) whilst the club is under the control of the money-grabbing Glazer arsehole owners of course! Their goal is success and the tills chinging relentlessly NOW and FOREVER!
They won't entertain anyone who passionately wants to take the time to invest in and create a culture that centres on in-house excellence by building from within. The youth who are the future of ALL clubs - are for the longevity of their clubs as equally important as any migrant superstars who pass through temporarily, dipping their collective butties in a very rich gravy!
I would always want someone who is committed to establish such an ethos from the bottom up running the show at the club I follow.

My second punt at a name would have been Pochettino. I think he's conducted himself with a great deal of dignity and common sense, and had a very good but not a great season (Spurs are a work in progress for me).

That said, the fella has quietly gone about assembling a side and a squad that is the process of gelling and becoming once again a major force in the EPL. They may need to smarten up on the nouse front as to how they set out their stall and go about their business in Europe next season - based on a naivety shown this season - but I think they ought to be capable of doing that under the guidance of the Argentinian.

Anyway here endeth my 2pennorth!
« Last Edit: Today at 09:20:58 AM by JohnnoWhite »

Cal?

CR7 fan
On this forum when Klopp was appointed plenty on here said they thought he'd do well. I don't think they're "bricking it" they genuinely believe Mourinho is a poor appointment. Fair enough if you don't agree with them, but the idea that Man City, Liverpool and other forums are all just "bricking it" doesn't really ring true. Especially when as we saw on this forum, Pep and Klopp's appointment leads to hysterical whining if fans are genuinely bricking it.
:lol: If you seriously believe any City or Pool fans would NOT prefer we keep LVG than sign Mourinho, you're more deluded than I previously thought.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
:lol: If you seriously believe any City or Pool fans would prefer we keep LVG than sign Mourinho, you're more deluded than I previously thought.
So you're saying LVG > JM? Is it because he and Ronaldo are no longer fwends?

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Oh ignore that. That's not him trying to mimic a scouse accent. That's how we actually talk in Singapore. :lol:
Singapore possibly the only other place Ive been to that la or lah is used.

Them Pier Head Pirates got everywhere la.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You can put money on that mate I assure you - in spite of you-know-who's imminent arrival!

This is a solid place to be talking about the game we all love. I honestly think that the overwhelming majority of the folks in here genuinely recognise there are times from time to time, when we all of us can set traditional club rivalries aside in the best interests of a good number of important factors. Maintenance of our self-respect, seeing the far bigger picture and the pursuit of honest and sensible debate. That happens a fair old lot in here and long may it continue.
Yes, Johnno. You are the best example of a sensible, down to earth and not at all deluded forum over there. I have seen more honest and sensible debates on Jerry Springer, and more convincing arguments on Judge Judy than you lot manage to have.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Like I said the other week in another thread now locked off, I am done with following United from the moment Shitface takes the seat - so I imagine it's matter of just days now.
Ah, the endgame approaches. So... we're just one managerial announcement away from a 67-year-old (or however old he's pretending to be this week) United supporter magically becoming a 30-something Liverpool supporter.

And we're all the weird ones.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So you're saying LVG > JM? Is it because he and Ronaldo are no longer fwends?
When did I say that? I've long rated Jose as the best manager in the world, in fact, since the moment Sir Alex announced his retirement.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
When did I say that? I've long rated Jose as the best manager in the world, in fact, since the moment Sir Alex announced his retirement.
Re-read your post, I think you have it the wrong way around then.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I got tired of reading JohnoWhites posts, if I'm even spelling his name right. He's a second away from writing poems like the rest of RAWK.

I really love how people have such high morals for a football club, steeped in tradition and looking at the ethicacy that surrounds it. Sport evolves you need "the right fit" and what other manager is there right now that'll do that?

"Speaking sense" aka agreeing with a different fan base to seek approval.

There's a whole different narrative to consider, that's moving in the right direction and being successful on the field, which is what a football club is about.

Who else is available other than Mourinho? yes there's Simeone but he won't leave Atletico and any decision carries risks. Pep is a great manager but he's only done four-years and three-years like Mourinho.

It'll be interesting next season, with Liverpool starting to realise Tottenham are a bigger club than them now and also struggling for top 6.

Van Gaalacticos

The one reason I know this Johnno character is fake is that any fan wishing to have an unbiased and reasonable football chat would not talk to a Liverpool supporter. Especially when the person in question has over 60 years experience to realise they are conversing with deluded fantasists.

What sort of fan dislikes everything about their own club yet praises their most hated rivals? It's ridiculous. Threatening to stop supporting United at the one time over the past 3 years we have looked like moving forward - I imagine all the previous Liverpool managers have been fantastic representatives for Liverpool whilst shitcoat, van ghoul, bacon face etc have ruined football!

It's been a long and good show Johnno but the game is up.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The one reason I know this Johnno character is fake is that any fan wishing to have an unbiased and reasonable football chat would not talk to a Liverpool supporter. Especially when the person in question has over 60 years experience to realise they are conversing with deluded fantasists.

What sort of fan dislikes everything about their own club yet praises their most hated rivals? It's ridiculous. Threatening to stop supporting United at the one time over the past 3 years we have looked like moving forward - I imagine all the previous Liverpool managers have been fantastic representatives for Liverpool whilst shitcoat, van ghoul, bacon face etc have ruined football!

The flip-flopping on the age thing is a dead give away also.

Bojan11

The Jonno guy is clearly fake because what 65 year old man signs up on a Internet forum. A forum of a team he doesn't support too.

Van Gaalacticos

The Jonno guy is clearly fake because what 65 year old man signs up on a Internet forum. A forum of a team he doesn't support too.
To be fair lots of older people are really good online. My grandad for example has mastered the art of complaining and getting free stuff over the internet :lol:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

He's been a united fan for 67 years or something (must be true its the internet), has seen the club go through thick and thin, terrible managers, old enough to remember the Munich Air Disaster based on his so called age.

Lived through a barren trophy-less period for the club.

Yet its Mourinho that will make him stop supporting the club. The Munich song Liverpool fans used to sing and the bitter nature of RAWK he loves, but the United fanbase he detests.

It's a huge double standard.

Mindhunter

Why do we give this guy so much importance and attention? I am sure deep down he thrives under such attention and could be even using it as a motivation to become more delusional.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Why do we give this guy so much importance and attention? I am sure deep down he thrives under such attention and could be even using it as a motivation to become more delusional.
While there is no doubt what you say is true, it is also difficult to ignore such an unique lunatic.

Natener

He's been a united fan for 67 years or something (must be true its the internet), has seen the club go through thick and thin, terrible managers, old enough to remember the Munich Air Disaster based on his so called age.

Lived through a barren trophy-less period for the club.

Yet its Mourinho that will make him stop supporting the club. The Munich song Liverpool fans used to sing and the bitter nature of RAWK he loves, but the United fanbase he detests.

It's a huge double standard.
Duh. He has double identity so there's obviously double standard.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I think he's just an elaborate WUM, who is having a laugh at how worked up he has posters in here.

SwansonsTache

I think he's just an elaborate WUM, who is having a laugh at how worked up he has posters in here.
He didn't start out as one though, I think he started out like some household pet for RAWK to make their discussions about our lack of class, fall from grace and general shiteness sound less one-sided and repetitive. And over time when they noticed he got a lot of attention from us I think he grew into more of a WUM.

You must admire the lunacy though, to fabricate a fictional Manchester United supporter, in order to bash us.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wait, so RAWK posters actually believe he's a United fan still? :lol: Do Liverpool fans on this forum think the same?

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Tis the right answer.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Dont really know and see my previous post. I sent him a PM in 2008 ( I think when he joined ). I said a big part of me wanted United to beat Chelsea in Moscow as I would rather see a working class lad from Salford happy then some bellend from Kent. Or something like that. He never responded. If a Manc PMd me on here saying the same I would at least say. Cheers la.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
On this forum when Klopp was appointed plenty on here said they thought he'd do well. I don't think they're "bricking it" they genuinely believe Mourinho is a poor appointment. Fair enough if you don't agree with them, but the idea that Man City, Liverpool and other forums are all just "bricking it" doesn't really ring true. Especially when as we saw on this forum, Pep and Klopp's appointment leads to hysterical whining if fans are genuinely bricking it.
must disagree.

RAWK and Blue Moon? just bitter numpties. Yeah...the guy who has won everything in short notice is a poor appointment. nonsense.

They are shitting it.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Wait, so RAWK posters actually believe he's a United fan still? :lol: Do Liverpool fans on this forum think the same?
Wouldn't surprise me if the admins have sent out PMs to all of the site regulars, the main ones anyway, saying that he's a Liverpool fan whose sole intention is to wind up United fans.

Looks like my theory of an admin having created that account is finally vindicated. feck you Johnno laaa.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Johnno is a real United fan (or was). I used to be on a very small football forum with him years ago - small enough where a lot of the folks would get together for an annual dinner usually at the last home game of the season. I never actually got to the dinner myself (living in the US) but have met people who did and who got to know Johnno quite well. According to the folks I have talked to Johnno has indeed followed United from the 50s and since (according to other older forum members) the Manchester United - Liverpool rivalry was nowhere near as bad back then I think that is why he can get on RAWK and say what he does. I am told that after Munich Liverpool were one of the first clubs to offer their condolences and come in with offers of help. Some people have long memories and don't forget things like that. In recent times I think Johnno has actually gone over the top and seems to have developed somewhat of a Stockholm syndrome as far as all things United are concerned. However to reiterate he really is a guy in his 60s (maybe 70s now) who back in the day was a staunch Manchester United fan.

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

Someone should try and lure Johnno over to us, give him like a guest account with mains privileges and have him here on a monthly basis.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Johnno is real United fan (or was). I used to be on a very small football forum with him years ago - small enough where a lot of the folks would get together for an annual dinner usually at the last home game of the season. I never actually got to the dinner myself (living in the US) but have met people who did and got to know Johnno quite well. According to the folks I have talked to Johnno has indeed followed United from the 50s and since (according to other older forum members) the Manchester United - Liverpool rivalry was nowhere near as bad back then I think that is why he can get on RAWK and say what he does. I am told that after Munich Liverpool were one of the first clubs to offer their condolences and come in with offers of help. Some people have long memories and don't forget things like that. In recent times I think Johnno has actually gone over the top and seems to have developed somewhat of a Stockholm syndrome as far as all things United are concerned. However to reiterate he really is a guy in his 60s who back in the day was a staunch Manchester United fan.

Yeah but why has his age fluctuated (up AND down) over the years. In some posts he claims he is in his early 60's, others he has jumped up to 70's. I am more likely to believe they co-opted his name and/or he really did set up an account over there that the mods took over.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
It's mainly because he speaks common sense and comes across as a genuine fan of the game while also holding his club's traditions dear. That sets him apart from the vast majority of the shower than support United these days.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
his age fluctuated (up AND down)
Has this actually been verified? I mean it's not like all the posts quoted earlier had a timestamp on them. Someone would have to go back and go through them again.
Also can anything fluctuate just up?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
From what I saw when gathering those "As a United fan..." quotes his age seemed to be pretty consistent over the years, though I didn't get my calculator out to be 100% sure.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Yeah but why has his age fluctuated (up AND down) over the years. In some posts he claims he is in his early 60's, others he has jumped up to 70's. I am more likely to believe they co-opted his name and/or he really did set up an account over there that the mods took over.
He may have lost the plot since United have nose dived. This is plausible.