RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

clarkydaz

never mind Jonno, he's amusing and harmless. That Phase of Play on the other hand, is pure gold. Bring him back from his Scandinavian female woodcutters u19s coaching course, or wherever he is. Even RAWK couldn't take that guy

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He never could have thought, back in 56. when he was 40 that it will come to this that 'shitcoat' will manage the club he's been supporting from 1932. And he's now 65 and has seen it all. Including supporting United during Queen Elisabeth.
feck sake. Sat reading these in a toilet cubicle at work and burst into laughter.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
must disagree.

RAWK and Blue Moon? just bitter numpties. Yeah...the guy who has won everything in short notice is a poor appointment. nonsense.

They are shitting it.
So is Cantona but for different reasons.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
I'm still bemused that they refer to Mourinho as shitcoat when Wenger has been wearing that knee length puffer effort for years :lol:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Cantona is neither a numpty nor shitting it. He loves this club. Big difference.

City, Liverpool and ABUs hate us.
I neved said he was a numpty.

I love Eric by the way. Great player ( Dalglishesque ) Arrogant , Cocky a genius , dislikes authority and all this before he supported the HJC and sang on stage at a gig in France.

I salute you Eric.

But. He thinks Jose is not a good move. Only time will tell.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Why do we give this guy so much importance and attention? I am sure deep down he thrives under such attention and could be even using it as a motivation to become more delusional.
I imagine Johno loves the worship status he receives on RAWK as "United fan that speaks the truth." Likely a sadist who's life is so in tatters/incomplete that he/she craves the internet adulation.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
If you read RAWK without knowing the context of what's going on in football, you'd think we were the ones who finished behind them and fecked up a cup final.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Johnno when invited to support Liverpool by RAWK.

That's a ferkin' big ask mate - 64 years a Manc Red come hail or shine. I vowed to keep my allegiance to the memory of the fella that out of necessity - club skint and no ferkin' ground to play on after the war - had the vision and the patience to see, find and launch his Babes and I will. I vowed also I will not give any support should they appoint shitcoat and I won't. That leaves me in a bit of a dilemma - still to be addressed and resolved.

As genuinely gracious and well-intentioned as your tongue-in-cheek invitation certainly is mate, and as much as I respect Liverpool FC, their own visionary managers and their fans for all their achievements this past 40-odd years (and in a lot of the years before I was born too let's not forget that) the plain truth is I am not a born Scouser and could never aspire to being a plassy Scouse. I'm a Manchester-born Busby Babes United fan of 70 so it would be just out of order.

I'll simply have to wrestle with my dilemma for a few more years ta very much la!!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I feel that Johnno went a bit overboard with that one, a sure giveaway. No one that has lived through all our rivalries with that shower of shit can be so full of praise for them, their fans and their "visionary managers".

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Whether it's a real person or a scouser playing out a fantasy it's incredibly weird on one level or another. A bit sad in fact.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Serious question, and not a dig: Have Liverpool really had any truly visionary managers beyond Shankly (who had the vision and ability to make Liverpool a major club)?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Serious question, and not a dig: Have Liverpool really had any truly visionary managers beyond Shankly (who had the vision and ability to make Liverpool a major club)?
Paisly right after Shankley was pretty exceptional wasn't he, but did he just continue Shankly's work more than implement his own vision? Apparently he was quite the innovative physio back in the day.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yes, although the quality of the visions weren't always the best.

To be fair, we've only had 2 truly visionary/world class managers in our history (so far).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brendan was a visionary. He had this tactic called 10-1. It's where you have 10 average players and one superstar who does it all himself.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'd say no because those who followed Shankly were probably tasked with maintaining the fantastic work he had done, not being truly visionary as such. The foundations (can we use that word on the caf again?) had been laid, just build on them.

Minkaro

I feel that Johnno went a bit overboard with that one, a sure giveaway. No one that has lived through all our rivalries with that shower of shit can be so full of praise for them, their fans and their "visionary managers".
Has he commented on things like Neville's celebration, or the Evra/Suarez business? I'd be interested to see what he said about those. Probably "I think Neville was bang out of order" and "in all fairness, Evra did start it by being black."

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That's an interesting one. I'm a bit younger than Johnno but a lot of the United fans from his generation that I have spoken to have told me on numerous occasions that they cannot understand my animosity towards Liverpool. I was already going to OT (fairly infrequently but going nonetheless) by the time we won the League in 1967 but to an 8 year old it's really hard to be appreciative of winning the title. Of course I then spent the next 26 years waiting for the next one while Liverpool won everything. I loathed them. With a passion. Not the fans (who I actually think at times are very knowledgeable and also very amusing if you find the right ones) but the whole concept of Liverpool FC and the surrounding ethos. It's sad to say but since we were so insignificant at times in the 70s and 80s I sometimes got more joy out of seeing Liverpool lose than United winning - that's how petty I had become. Johnno's generation though got to experience the Jack Rowley, and Tommy Taylor teams as well as the rest of the Babes and then the Best, Law and Charlton years in the 60s. They had already experienced significant success by the time Liverpool began to dominate football. I think that is why the rivalry for somebody of Johnno's age is not as bitter. For somebody like me and those a little younger, we had to put up with Liverpool winning year after year while we had almost nothing - it was soul destroying. I think I can honestly say that the only time in my entire life that I've ever even marginally pulled for a Liverpool team in any game was the 2005 CL semi final against Chelsea. I didn't want either one of them to win. The choice was similar to putting out an eye or chopping off a ball. There's no good one. In the end I went for Liverpool 'cause I thought they were less likely to win the final and we know how that turned out. Even now, I'm still petty towards them, but I have mellowed. Having said all that and even with all our wins and trophies over the last 25 years, Steven Gerrard's slip just warmed the cockles of my heart. Hell - maybe I haven't mellowed after all.

Last edited:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'd say no because those who followed Shankly were probably tasked with maintaining the fantastic work he had done, not being truly visionary as such. The foundations (can we use that word on the caf again?) had been laid, just build on them.
It was Paisley for the next 9(?) years, and IIRC he was there for all of Shanklys time, and a vital part of the development too.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Johnno is a real United fan (or was). I used to be on a very small football forum with him years ago - small enough where a lot of the folks would get together for an annual dinner usually at the last home game of the season. I never actually got to the dinner myself (living in the US) but have met people who did and who got to know Johnno quite well. According to the folks I have talked to Johnno has indeed followed United from the 50s and since (according to other older forum members) the Manchester United - Liverpool rivalry was nowhere near as bad back then I think that is why he can get on RAWK and say what he does. I am told that after Munich Liverpool were one of the first clubs to offer their condolences and come in with offers of help. Some people have long memories and don't forget things like that. In recent times I think Johnno has actually gone over the top and seems to have developed somewhat of a Stockholm syndrome as far as all things United are concerned. However to reiterate he really is a guy in his 60s (maybe 70s now) who back in the day was a staunch Manchester United fan.
Cool story bro!

SteveJ

Scout
One of the main reasons I so often take the mick out of Liverpool is that I just can't understand why LFC fans buy into the Romanticism associated with the club. Sure, there are the supporters' stories passed down the years; the wit of Shankly; the drive, skill and nous of Keegan, Barnes and Dalglish, and some famous comebacks; but after those, I'm struggling to see much that can be compared to United's story and United's flair players. I've experienced more excitement as a football fan even watching United during our unsuccessful years than I did watching an all-conquering Liverpool. Besides, just about every club can claim to be a "people's club" too.

montpelier

A good man, ploughing a lonely furrow in a cruel benighted wilderness of his own dismal construction, 26 long years since he had last felt at peace with the world...

(sorry, :()

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It was Paisley for the next 9(?) years, and IIRC he was there for all of Shanklys time, and a vital part of the development too.
Sure. Paisley was outstanding as Shankly' successor and proved a club doesn't need to spend years in the wilderness after a successful manager, long standing manager has departed. Did he really need to be a ''visionary'' as @SteveJ puts it? I think it was more a case of building on the work and foundations Shankly laid which he did a damn fine job of.

montpelier

Their Barnes-Beardsley team played some depressingly fantasic football, but it was mainly all about the efficient LFC machine when they dominated late 70s. early 80s as I remember.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Sure. Paisley was outstanding as Shankly' successor and proved a club doesn't need to spend years in the wilderness after a successful manager, long standing manager has departed. Did he really need to be a ''visionary'' as @SteveJ puts it? I think it was more a case of building on the work and foundations Shankly laid which he did a damn fine job of.
He doesn't have to be, but then you can also say that there's no reason he wasn't just because he followed Shankly.

From a quick read about, as a physio he was peerless for his time, one of the first to use post training cool downs, and when Shankly's assistant(when Shankley joined he promoted Paisley who was already at the club), his main tactician, saying that Shankly himself was more a motivator of men.

I can't say how much of it's true, but it seems there was a lot more to him than a good follow up.

SteveJ

Scout
Perhaps the fact that he was a rather quiet bloke doesn't help us to judge Paisley's talent? If he'd been a more vocal type like Shankly, or an outspoken show-off like José, we might view him as more than just another boot-room successor.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
This is becoming something like a game of Werewolf.

Parry Gallister

Houllier definitely had visions. Of wall-goblins, probably

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Well, besides the undeniable truth that everyone in football apart from Mourinho is a saint and that this sport is the moral centre of the universe, there's a very simple solution to dilemmas such as his.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk