RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not sure where to post this, but here is as good as any:

If you kill yourself, its called suicide
If you kill someone else, its homicide
If you kills load of people its called genocide
When you can't win the title for a 26+ years .... its called merseyside!

Trizy

I never understood the bragging about ''5 times, mate''. That's like being jealous of AC Milan for winning it 8 times when like Liverpool, then haven't a hope in hell of winning it ever again. It really is a money game and it's only a matter of time (maybe two decades) before we win 2 more. Then what will they brag about? If only someone cared other than them :lol:

Manchie

Not sure where to post this, but here is as good as any:

If you kill yourself, its called suicide
If you kill someone else, its homicide
If you kills load of people its called genocide
When you can't win the title for a 26+ years .... its called merseyside!
:lol:

garynevshouse

Their reaction to Mourinho :lol:

Trying so desperately to convince themselves they're happy with it :lol::lol::lol:
Forget them, the question is are we happy and convinced with Mourinho, I am not sure myself.

I just hope they dont end up happy with our boss, they were delighted with the last 2 clowns we had

finneh

That's a depressingly accurate analysis of the club since 2009. I don't like reading it but it's hard to disagree.
To be honest it's also true of Spurs, who are in a somewhat positive position at the moment (in the media's eyes an incredible position).

In fact the two clubs are in a very, very similar position, but with Liverpool having a 50% higher turnover and double the commercial revenue, meaning they're on a much better footing.

You aren't going to be signing Ibrahimovich or Pogba this Summer, but young exciting players who aren't on the radar of the top 7-8 clubs but who still want to earn a proper salary under a renowned manager will be attracted to Liverpool.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I never understood the bragging about ''5 times, mate''. That's like being jealous of AC Milan for winning it 8 times when like Liverpool, then haven't a hope in hell of winning it ever again. It really is a money game and it's only a matter of time (maybe two decades) before we win 2 more. Then what will they brag about? If only someone cared other than them :lol:
Two decades is a long time in football. Who knows how the financial landscape of the game will have changed by then? Maybe Liverpool have been bought by the Saudi royal family and become the oil club to end all oil clubs. Or maybe there is a European Super League whose shared TV revenues are so massive that whatever advantage United has over other clubs on the commercial side becomes largely meaningless. Or maybe we are all living in some kind of post-apocalyptic Mad Max scenario in which the football we get to watch is a bunch of crazy people running around kicking severed heads.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Found this gem in the Gotze thread:

Quote from: alonsoisared on May 20, 2016, 11:16:26 AM
Since about 2007 at various times in popular opinion we've had the best keeper, the best centre halves, the best right backs, the best midfield and the best strikers in the league/in the world. Even in the last season or two we've had that Sakho is the best defender in the league, Coutinho the best attacking midfielder in the league, Emre Can is one of the biggest midfield talents in europe, Clyne is the best right back in the league, pretty much any player who's had a good run of form has been hailed as a future captain etc etc. While some of those might well be true we've ultimately got absolutely nothing to show for it other than a league cup win under Kenny and a series of abject finishes in the league and let downs in the latter stages of cup competitions.

For that reason I just cannot accept the idea that because we've already got bodies in a similar position to Gotze that we shouldn't prioritise signing him. When a player of his quality and experience comes along, at such a young age with his peak ahead of him, you do what it takes to sign him and worry about the rest later. I like Lallana, I like Firmino and I like Coutinho but if there is a better player available who also happens to be a winner then they need to prepare to fight for a place and prove their worth otherwise they get moved on. That's how it should be, there shouldn't be safe places in a squad, especially not for players who haven't won anything despite the opportunities they've had.

Despite that I'd say there's room on the same pitch for 3 of those 4 so I wouldn't say we'd be overstocked anyway. Having a player of Gotze's quality around might even push their performances up a level. Again I will stress that I really like Coutinho and Firmino in particular but if we really do have an opportunity to sign a world class talent for a cut price fee before he's even hit his peak then we just have to go for it. I won't be shedding a tear at the sight of one of them sitting on the bench now and then if we're beating teams and competing at the top end of the table. We need to be ruthless, these opportunities don't come around often.

bubbles_

The first sentence is mind blowing. They could have one claim that Suarez was the best striker in the league for a bit, the rest he's just clearly hoping no one pulls him up on it. The poor left backs though, they didn't even make it onto a madmans list.

Siorac

The first sentence is mind blowing. They could have one claim that Suarez was the best striker in the league for a bit, the rest he's just clearly hoping no one pulls him up on it. The poor left backs though, they didn't even make it onto a madmans list.
He's saying that over the past few years RAWK claimed all those things about their players. Which is true. It seems he disagrees, considering how he points out that they won basically nothing.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's saying that over the past few years RAWK claimed all those things about their players. Which is true. It seems he disagrees, considering how he points out that they won basically nothing.
Yeah, that's how I understood it. He's ridiculing their tendency to overhype their players. Can't say I disagree with anything in that post.

Don Juan Matus

Since about 2007 at various times in popular opinion we've had the best keeper, the best centre halves, the best right backs, the best midfield and the best strikers in the league/in the world. Even in the last season or two we've had that Sakho is the best defender in the league, Coutinho the best attacking midfielder in the league, Emre Can is one of the biggest midfield talents in europe, Clyne is the best right back in the league, pretty much any player who's had a good run of form has been hailed as a future captain etc etc. While some of those might well be true we've ultimately got absolutely nothing to show for it other than a league cup win under Kenny and a series of abject finishes in the league and let downs in the latter stages of cup competitions.

For that reason I just cannot accept the idea that because we've already got bodies in a similar position to Gotze that we shouldn't prioritise signing him. When a player of his quality and experience comes along, at such a young age with his peak ahead of him, you do what it takes to sign him and worry about the rest later. I like Lallana, I like Firmino and I like Coutinho but if there is a better player available who also happens to be a winner then they need to prepare to fight for a place and prove their worth otherwise they get moved on. That's how it should be, there shouldn't be safe places in a squad, especially not for players who haven't won anything despite the opportunities they've had.

Despite that I'd say there's room on the same pitch for 3 of those 4 so I wouldn't say we'd be overstocked anyway. Having a player of Gotze's quality around might even push their performances up a level. Again I will stress that I really like Coutinho and Firmino in particular but if we really do have an opportunity to sign a world class talent for a cut price fee before he's even hit his peak then we just have to go for it. I won't be shedding a tear at the sight of one of them sitting on the bench now and then if we're beating teams and competing at the top end of the table. We need to be ruthless, these opportunities don't come around often.
The Men Who Stare At Gotze

Natener

The longer Liverpool fans buy into the hype of their players, the better it serves everyone else. Keeps the Rawk boom-bust cycle going.

EmPeeKay

Jesus Christ! Listen to that hype! :rolleyes:
Only a deluded dipper fan could come up with that crock of shit!!:wenger:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Guys, he's clearly saying the hype the Liverpool players have received is unwarranted.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Even though we mock these over dramatic poetry slammers we have to admit Klopp is going to make them hard to beat. I fully expect for them to compete for top 4 or better every season he is there.
The trick is to keep them out of what is a very competitive top 4 as much as possible so they can't attract the better players. With the calibre of managers in the Prem we have now at least going to play there under Klopp won't hold as much weight as it might've this season or last.

Sid234

He's obviously making fun of those claims... Some in here are getting desperate...
No he's not.. He means what he says, whose popular opinion other than RAWK would have Sakho as the best CB in the league or Can as the best midfield talent in Europe ahead of players like Alli, Sual, Koke, etc.. He's attempting to sound unbiased cause he realises how stupid what he's saying is

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It's incredible. Even the Liverpool fans on here are convinced that Sakho is world class.
Some of us say similar about Smalling. From what I've seen recently, all his does is grabs defenders.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Some of us say similar about Smalling. From what I've seen recently, all his does is grabs defenders.
Bad comparison. Smalling has been one of the best defenders this season and this opinion has been shared by pundits and other teams fans alike. Sakho has been pretty average.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Bad comparison. Smalling has been one of the best defenders this season and this opinion has been shared by pundits and other teams fans alike. Sakho has been pretty average.
Difficult to comment on others as I only get to see our games. I'll take your word for it.

montpelier

this clue in the middle of his 1st paragraph seems to prod at what he's thinking to me

While some of those might well be true...
being like what he actually says kinda thing, :rolleyes:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I remember those clowns claiming Finnan as the best RB, Hyppia as TBCBITW, the list goes on. It's the same ol' nonsense over there. All those world class players over the years and never a league title.

montpelier

seem to have gone right off, Moreno

(I went to have a look for his player thread but they seem to have hidden it away) :(

VanGaalEra

Today is Matt Busby's birthday (he would have been 107 had he lived) and it's an absolute total fecking insult to his memory that this piece of shite will sign to go and sit in Matt's old office. It pisses me off altogether and I hope Mourinho falls flat on his Portuguese arseface.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's going to be amazing when things start to go wrong, which they will do and quite quickly. He's been after that job for years now and their fans will turn on him quick as a flash if they get the chance.
3 year contract... I see they've tried to insulate themselves from a hefty payout when it all goes wrong in his 3rd season.
Get rubbing yours hands together, the club and manager will rip one another apart.
I just pity the proper Manc reds who care for their club, it's turned into a fecking circus in the past 3 years. They are about to go through hell.

Now then, where's the popcorn? Red Cafe alone is proving hilarious already, this is definitely their Hodgson moment. I'll give him a year and he'll be off.
The soothsayers of RAWK, whose forecasts are always right and never delusional, have read the gloopy bits in their bovril and decreed that United will go up in flames. Presumably just in time to see Liverpool lift their 30th league title in two years time.

I am enjoying united fans creaming themselves over this. The meltdown would be that much sweeter when it all goes to shit inevitably.
As my grand pappy always said; "tis better to cream yourself over a manager like Mourinho coming to your club than a player like James Milner."

Minimalist

Nothing to do with Liverpool but I have NEVER thought or frankly, heard any non-Liverpool supporters suggest any of those things for any of those players.

WTF is the obsession with Emre Can anyway? Every time I watch him he looks clumsy as feck.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
No he's not.. He means what he says, whose popular opinion other than RAWK would have Sakho as the best CB in the league or Can as the best midfield talent in Europe ahead of players like Alli, Sual, Koke, etc.. He's attempting to sound unbiased cause he realises how stupid what he's saying is
He's talking about popular opinion on RAWK. He gives his own opinion later on in the passage: ie that "some of those might be true" by which he probably means that he believes almost none of it but can't be too outspoken due to the general availability of pitchforks on that site.

Last edited:

montpelier

He's talking about popular opinion on RAWK. He gives his own opinion later on in the passage: ie that "some of those might be true" by which he probably means that he believes almost none of it but can't be too outspoken due to the general availability of pitchforks on that site.
absolutely this, :lol:

they is fond of the ban-hammer too, for any speaking out of turn. the original is a very shrewdly phrased post in my view