RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2015-16 Edition

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Fair fecking play to the Sion fans tonight, they were excellent. Not a peep out of ours as per usual.
What happened to their world class fan support?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
A@A - <clap, clap> ''well played lads, great effort''

Bloke - (lightheartedly) ''I think you might need a borrow of these, pal''

A@A - ''as a true warrior of RAWK I am now beholden to avenge & deny in equal measure, a sign of providence, the clouds are scudding across the starlit night above us, casting both doom & shadow over the red castle on the hill, we do not walk alone, you will now pay for those shameful words of treacherous disloyalty with a knuckle sandwich''

Steward - ''he's fecked off mate, are you alright?''
Take a bow. :lol:

kr0nix

Guardian comment section for the game last night:

:lol:
That's by a well known poster called ManUFanBaby, who used to go by the name DennisFranz before his account was banned. He's almost always the first to post on a match thread involving either Liverpool or United as soon as they open, which tends to get under the skin of the Liverpool supporters there. It's not a stretch to say the Guardian attracts a higher class of troll, which makes for great reading on the post-match threads.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Thanks for everything, Rodgers. I think all facets of the club are better than when you arrived, from finances to the academy players, and you deserve the credit that is due for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Quote from: TheTeflonJohn on Today at 08:08:49 PM

Can we give this shit a rest?

We didn't have stability. One man does not equal stability when everyone around him was being replaced. We had a squad turnover of over 13 players between two summers. We sacked and replaced key backroom staff. We lost a club legend, a young talent, and lost our striking talisman to injury. Stability has been nowhere to be found for the past 12 months. Some of that is down to our manager, some of that isn't. Pretending that keeping a manager who is struggling = stability is disingenuous. Far more goes into it than that.

Let's cut out the fecking supporter to supporter sniping for once. We're all here for the same reason. The dickheads will always be dickheads, the loyal will always be loyal. At the end of the day what unites us is a love for the club.

The posters on RAWK didn't get Brendan sacked. Hell, the whoppers leaving early or booing maybe played a small part but at the end of the day I doubt they got him sacked either. The players who gave up on him and our season when we got tanked 6-1 could have got him sacked at the end of last season.

FSG met with Rodgers and presumably outlined their expectations and Brendan signed up for the transfer kitty, the revamped backroom staff, and being the confident and talented man that he is will have set out to meet them. By today's evidence, whatever they discussed that day was not met up to this point. Have they pulled the trigger too early, given what transpired in the summer? That answer depends on where you stand. Probably. But it's done. FSG did it, Ayre did it, and the players didn't help. It wasn't the supporters. We matter a hell of a lot less than you think we do.

If you're disillusioned by their actions then you ought to have a rethink about supporting the club. Face it pal, they own it. We're just along for the ride because we can't help our love.

The best we can do is unite as a fanbase behind whoever the new man is and support him as best we can. Yes there will be dickheads and there always will be dickheads. But they don't control proceedings on the pitch and they don't have a say in boardroom decisions. Nor do we. But we can get behind the team and the club because we'll be around when managers, players, and even these owners have gone. So let's not take it out on each other, eh?

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Has there even been a manager who was so close to a title, been thanked for his services, 7 games later in the next season ?
That feeling when you realise you just skipped a year of life.

SteveJ

Scout
RAWK said:
You judge a manager by the legacy and quality of squad they left.

I don`t think any new manager that takes over can say they don`t have good material to work with here. Therefore BR has done a very good job overall and the squad is talented, young, vibrant and full of potential.

SteveJ

Scout
Everyone remembers where they were when...Brendan Rodgers got sacked:

RAWK said:
I will always remember the moment when I first heard the news that Brendan was gone. I was just thinking about gettin one of those lovely seeded batch loaves and some milk from The Aldi after work tomorrow when the news came on and all my shopping plans went totally out of my head. Luckily I've put a reminder in my phone so I won't forget even if they announce the new fella tomorrow.

Siorac

Quote from: TheTeflonJohn on Today at 08:08:49 PM

Can we give this shit a rest?

We didn't have stability. One man does not equal stability when everyone around him was being replaced. We had a squad turnover of over 13 players between two summers. We sacked and replaced key backroom staff. We lost a club legend, a young talent, and lost our striking talisman to injury. Stability has been nowhere to be found for the past 12 months. Some of that is down to our manager, some of that isn't. Pretending that keeping a manager who is struggling = stability is disingenuous. Far more goes into it than that.

Let's cut out the fecking supporter to supporter sniping for once. We're all here for the same reason. The dickheads will always be dickheads, the loyal will always be loyal. At the end of the day what unites us is a love for the club.

The posters on RAWK didn't get Brendan sacked. Hell, the whoppers leaving early or booing maybe played a small part but at the end of the day I doubt they got him sacked either. The players who gave up on him and our season when we got tanked 6-1 could have got him sacked at the end of last season.

FSG met with Rodgers and presumably outlined their expectations and Brendan signed up for the transfer kitty, the revamped backroom staff, and being the confident and talented man that he is will have set out to meet them. By today's evidence, whatever they discussed that day was not met up to this point. Have they pulled the trigger too early, given what transpired in the summer? That answer depends on where you stand. Probably. But it's done. FSG did it, Ayre did it, and the players didn't help. It wasn't the supporters. We matter a hell of a lot less than you think we do.

If you're disillusioned by their actions then you ought to have a rethink about supporting the club. Face it pal, they own it. We're just along for the ride because we can't help our love.

The best we can do is unite as a fanbase behind whoever the new man is and support him as best we can. Yes there will be dickheads and there always will be dickheads. But they don't control proceedings on the pitch and they don't have a say in boardroom decisions. Nor do we. But we can get behind the team and the club because we'll be around when managers, players, and even these owners have gone. So let's not take it out on each other, eh?
That's actually a very good post.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

You judge a manager by the legacy and quality of squad they left.

I don`t think any new manager that takes over can say they don`t have good material to work with here. Therefore BR has done a very good job overall and the squad is talented, young, vibrant and full of potential.
Brenda couldn't have put it better himself.

SteveJ

Scout
RAWK said:
I'd like to see what PoP thought about Klopp. Does he think he'll flop? Or does he think he'll take us to the top? It's a shame he stopped.
:D

montpelier

Hey Jurg, don't let us down
Take a sad club, and make it better
Remember to take us into your heart
Then we can start to score some belters

Hey Jurg, don't be afraid
To kick Mourhino in the bollocks
The minute the Kop gets under your skin
You become ours forever and ever

And anytime you feel the urge, hey Jurg, be sure
To go all out with psycho staring
Hug the team like they're rag dolls and slap their gobs
And have Sky Sports hyperventilating
nein nein nein nein, nein nein nein nein

Hey Jurg, don't let us down
Piers Moron has got his matches out.
Our rivals have shat themselves at the news
They're not amused that you'll make us better

Better better better better better better, OW!

Mein mein mein mein mein mein mein, mein mein mein mein, hey Jurg
Mein mein mein mein mein mein mein, mein mein mein mein, hey Jurg...

SteveJ

Scout
It was forty months ago today
Brendan Rodgers taught the team to play
They've been going in and out of Europe
And I'm f*cked if anything rhymes with that

montpelier

probably best to say NSFW

edit - actually you could find some people who would find it really offensive, so be careful

Last edited: