RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Skys commentary is a fecking joke.

That sham with Ronaldo at the start. Calling all their players by their first name, ours by their surname. Pathetic.
This one can't be real. Who did they call by their first name other than "Trent"?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Craig from Anfield Agenda acted like a prat when reading out the United team before the game. Was delightful watching it back
Is it on the anfield agenda YT channel? I can’t seem to find this

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
What does that even mean?
i think it’s when a woman has such a puffy vagina that when she bends over it looks like she has a ball bag.

or that they want to be the dominant force in football, leaving a lasting legacy, but trying to do it on a shoestring budget and not giving klopp the players he needs.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Man utd winning, liverpool fans crying on the radio....takes me back to the mid 2000's.

Oh how the world feels like normal agian... LOVE IT

Oranges038

Liverpool fan on talksport, VVD is past it, Fabinho, Milner and Henderson are past it and they should have sold Salah instead of Mane.....

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
i think it’s when a woman has such a puffy vagina that when she bends over it looks like she has a ball bag.

or that they want to be the dominant force in football, leaving a lasting legacy, but trying to do it on a shoestring budget and not giving klopp the players he needs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This needs to be on urban dictionary.

Swedish_Plumber

Calling for a Bruno sending off and acting like it’s what the result hinged on, whilst forgetting that ‘Trent’ should’ve been off inside half an hour :lol:

Then again they might have actually got better had he seen red.

Member 101269

You have to love Bruno for how much he has pissed them.
It was amusing they we're saying give Liverpool the ball. It wasn't their ball, they were trying to snatch they ball.. If anything Salah should have been booked.

crossy1686

career ending
More today

James Milner starting for us in midfield is criminal negligence.
We need the World Cup.
If losing two titles by one point to a financially doped club is exhausting for the fan-base, imagine what it must be like for the players who left everything on the field both of those seasons. If something similar happened to us at our place of work and we didn't get the bonus or promotion we deserved, we might take a step back for a while.
I'm not sure how many people will agree but personally I'm a bit relieved. I don't think I could face another long slog of a title race this year, only to miss out by one point (or one dodgy refereeing decision). Last season really took it out of me mentally, it was amazing but it was so intense and for it to end the way it did, not just losing out on the two big trophies but everything that happened in Paris, made it difficult to swallow.

Over the summer I really tried to switch off from football and vowed that I wouldn't let it consume my life this season. If all expectations of a title race are over within the first few games then the pressure's off. I actually don't mind if we just achieve a top 4 place this year and bed Nunez and Diaz in properly. I hope we have fun, I'd like to see Elliott and Carvalho playing as much as possible, I'd like another cup run of some sort, maybe a trophy but I honestly don't have the stomach to see us valiantly chasing City for months on end, only to get nothing for it. There's only so many times you can do that before it starts to send you a bit insane.

And I know it would mean that yet another season ticks by of the Klopp era without adding to our league title haul but that seems to be what we're destined for anyway. We just don't ever get the rub of the green in the league. The only way we can win a title is if we win the first 26 games, break all sorts of records and put in an absolutely gargantuan effort. Meanwhile, clubs like Leicester and Man Utd can win it on about 12 points. It's tiring.

And yes, I'm aware this is a defeatist attitude before anyone gets upset about 'bedwetting' but let's see how the season plays out. I'm about as confident as I can be that we're not going to put in a significant title challenge this year.
I like how annoyed everyone is over a loss that could have been a draw or a win, we played "terribly" but were still better than an "on the counter" team in every single metric except putting the ball in the net (even including the 3 balls scrambled off their line). These are shit, we were punked despite being equally shit, they will not do well this season and if our "shit" is still this close to winning, our half-decent will be more than enough to walk top 4.
I seen that midfield and immediately gave up. Shocking.
The frustrating thing for me on waking up this morning is, as bad as we were last night, had Darwin Nunez been available, I firmly believe we would have got something from that game.
Blaming last season:
The end of last season has killed us, mentally we're shot- fans and players alike.
I agree.

To come so close to winning all four and lose both of the big ones. They were running on fumes at the end of last season and losing both at the end has meant a huge hangover into this one.

They look physically and mentally shot.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here just how many minutes we actually played last year - then falling just short was absolutely devastating.
I can see Klopp leaving the end of this season. He can't deliver miracles when so many other clubs are spending more.
Yes, well, feck it, we sleepwalked into that. It's obvious the season has been a shitshow from the start, injuries to all the usual players who get injured. The team that started tonight had 5 30+ year old players in it. Milner, Firmino, henderson, they have been off it for quite some time. I have no idea why Milner starts ahead of Fabinho, but he did and it was shit.

We played a huge amount of games last year, huge. That had to take a toll. And we had a short pre-season, which is deadly for an aging squad. The talk was of £200m to revitalise the squad. The transfer window opened, 3 players arrived hurrah! Ok, two were for the future, but one was there to replace Mane. What was needed was 2 midfielders, one for the future and one to replace Wijnaldum and begin phasing out Thiago, Milner and Henderson. But no, instead playes went the opposite way, to pay for Nunez. So the £200m spend become £5m (outspent by forest!) and Liverpool now have a squad with 10 players who are 30 or more during the season.

More players went out than came in. Surely even Minamino would have been of use there at the end tonight? Klopp is even beginning to make noises, saying he would like a midfielder but has no input into the money situation. The owners have done many fine things, but they don't like spending on playing assets. So the squad faces into the season looking like it has all kinds of problems. Luckily the window is not closed yet and even 1 purchase of a midfielder (at a minimum) would be of benefit. Otherwise I fear a pretty awful season ahead.

Also, one new concern to raise is the decline of VVD. The injury has not helped but he has been in decline for over a year now I would argue...
feck me. When did we go from doubters to believers to hand wringing fannies?
focus on the champions league. this "competition" is a waste of time anyway. just need to do enough to finish in the top 4.

Withnail

It was amusing they we're saying give Liverpool the ball. It wasn't their ball, they were trying to snatch they ball.. If anything Salah should have been booked.
This is what bafffled me. So many in the match day thread were saying Bruno was being stupid but it was our kick-off. Why should he give the ball to the opposition? If anything Salah just played into his hands by giving him an excuse to waste more time.

Member 101269

This is what bafffled me. So many in the match day thread were saying Bruno was being stupid but it was our kick-off. Why should he give the ball to the opposition? If anything Salah just played into his hands by giving him an excuse to waste more time.
If Bruno was trying to waste time. We'll never know because Salah wanted to Ref the game. FFS there was a Ref, it was his job to ensure time isn't wasted. Salah putting his hands all over Bruno, if he did that anywhere else on the pitch he'd be warned or booked.

Longshanks

If Bruno was trying to waste time. We'll never know because Salah wanted to Ref the game. FFS there was a Ref, it was his job to ensure time isn't wasted. Salah putting his hands all over Bruno, if he did that anywhere else on the pitch he'd be warned or booked.
It made my laugh the fact the Salah was actively blocking bruno from walking back towards the centre circle, Bruno must of been laughing inside thinking thats great you dickhead just keep blocking me and the ball will stay here for longer.

gica_7

More today

Blaming last season:
God I missed this thread. It is so fun to see this bitterness, especially after we finally beat them. But, I must admit, I am a bit sympathetic to them regarding competing against a financially boosted team though. It has to feel tiring.

UDontMessWith24

“If something similar happened to us at our place of work and we didn't get the bonus or promotion we deserved, we might take a step back for a while.”

The use of the word deserved there sums them up perfectly.

crossy1686

career ending
On TAA

He looks unmotivated to me. Needs a reminding that he will not continue to start irrespective of form.
Oh definitely, sometimes looks like he's far to cool to work hard
Play Gomez at right back, Trent right midfielder and Salah at right forward.
Was disappointing on the first goal, he just stopped playing
His attitude was concerning tonight.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing for that second goal.
Thought he got caught out of position too many times tonight, like the last few games, what's pissing me off about him at the moment is his willingness to go forward and not track back, loads of times he was just passed by and looked like he couldn't be arsed.
Honestly I'm not sure I've ever been more upset at a LFC player in my life. His first half performance was pathetic. Make fun of Virgil just standing there on the Sancho goal all you want but did anybody notice Trent was just no where until the ball was in the net? Then look at the Elanga chance, he just figures he can't get there so doesn't even bother. Nobody is asking him to be an amazing defender but he needs to at least try.

I would love to hear from Klopp about how that was Ok. He should have been hauled off in my opinion.
He’s been abysmal this season. He was pretty poor at the end of last season too. Sick of seeing him just blast the ball in hope over the top.
Really needs to cut out that hopeful hoof.
Oh to have a Steve Finnan / Alvaro Arbeloa type defender there.
His defending is utter crap. If he'd actually run back he'd have got to Sancho for the first goal. Instead he jogs back after getting the ball played past him (for the umpteenth time).

He gets a free pass though because of where he comes from.

He'd be better in midfield on the wing. He can't defend for shit.
I've long accepted he'll never be a Steve Finnan when it comes to defending
He was really poor in the first 30 minutes. He'd get torched by Saint Maximin if he plays like that.

crossy1686

career ending
On the midfield:
The biggest scam if we end up putting our top 4 spot in jeopardy by not signing anyone just for Jude to go to somewhere else. If that happens the FSG should go full stop.
Personally I don't rate Jude that highly but you're right when you say he'll most likely end up somewhere else anyways. No way are FSG giving Dortmund 100 - 120m (maybe more knowing Dortmund) + over 300k wages per week. And that's not even including agents fees and all the other nonsense involved in big marquee signings nowadays.

An insane outlay on a teenager FFS
Assuming we'll get Bellingham, a lot of people will be disappointed next season when they realize he's not even as good as Keita. More available yes. Decent player yes. 80 million pounds good? Hell no. He's probably better than Curtis Jones but that's it.
The hype Dortmund are able to build around this guy is unreal. Just watch Dortmund collapse against Bremen last weekend and see how Bellingham played a role in 2 of the 3 goals they conceded in 5 mins. He'll get eaten alive in the PL. We already have enough Bundesliga taxes in the PL and people are still falling for it.
Dortmund's PR department must be the best in the world not just in football but in all of business. They can hype up anything to an absurd level. People keep falling for it hook, line and sinker.
Barella is better than Bellingham klopp is a massive fan inter are skint he would be a fantastic signing, better than Bellingham for me.
I don’t want to sound like a broken record but this is make Or break for FSG, they need to spend around £200mil on the squad otherwise I think we will be left behind, keita, ox, firmino out of contract the end of the season so we need at least 3 world class players,

Barella £75mil
Sesko £50ml
Caicedo £40mil

That would be a great start, but there is 0 chance of it happening.
Would you take De jong if he lowered his wages ?
Ajax version yes, current version no.

And Barca are a complete shit show, wouldn't buy or sell players with them at present, don't know what legal or financial issues you'd face somewhere down the road. We've enough on our plate.
The Bellingham hype reminds me of Naby Keita.
Agreed.

And Keita pre Liverpool was far superior to what Jude is now.
What is about about Bellingham that has many people raving about him? I’ve watched a few Dortmund and all England matches and I’m just not convinced.
It seems we are holding out for Bellingham but don't get top four this season we have no chance.
We need a good midfielder now.
Next six is Bournemouth home Newcastle home Everton away wolves home Chelsea away and Brighton home. 3 games where we can easily drop points: Newcastle, Chelsea, Brighton.
We'll easily get top 4 this year.

crossy1686

career ending
On VVD:

Yeah sure let Nat Phillips play instead. Sounds like a great idea.
Feels like he thinks he is better than he is.

Comfortably one of the best in the league but he WAS comfortably the best. Feels too relaxed feels too big to make a tackle.

Feels like he doesn’t have the hunger to do the dirty work of defending.
The problem with the goal was that VVD thought Allison behind him was still on his feet and VVD chose to block the corner that he thought Allison wasn't covering, unfortunately Allison had already dived and it turned out no one was covering that corner,
He needs to get a grip on all honesty as he’s been extremely poor all 3 games this season. I would actually agree with the shout to drop him but at the moment it’s kind of difficult…
He needs to do the basics again, feel he's always trying to be clever, Sancho had far to much time in the box it was ridiculous.
As I said last week it's like he sees nitty gritty defending as beneath him. As if making a tackle or block is a stain on his character and quality. It's becoming incredibly annoying to be honest. I'm pretty sure your shit smells just like everyone elses Virgil, so maybe help the team out a bit eh?
Needs a kick up the butt, like Trent.
He hasn’t lost any ability but he has become more prone to error. Maybe getting dropped for a game or 2 would do him the world of good but we don’t have that luxury atm.
He would have heard or read the criticism aimed at him today, I think we'll see a reaction from him. He needs to be more aggressive in his defending at times that's all.
Van Dijk absolutely should have closed him down. I don't get why that is such a controversial view.

Chief123

I didn't expect this thread to be so glorious and have 7 pages after just 3 games! :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
On Milner:

Even in his prime he wasn’t a top class central midfielder, so for him to be starting games in that same position for us in big games at 36 is a bit alarming.
We don't fly in to block shots and crosses. What he did wasn't wrong but it's not what our defence is used to.
The whole ‘look at me as I’m talking to you’ thing was stupid. If that was other players in the squad, they get a very different reaction. He was much more at fault for the goal than VVD, which made it worse.

If you told me back in 2015/16 Milner would be starting our first 3 games in the 2022/23 season…
Any words spent criticising him should be spent questioning the fact we had to start him. Whoever that's on is where the issue is to be honest.
At least we're still seeing the value of him setting standards, right?
The manager thought he was better alternative than Fabio for 60% of the game time.
He's not at that level anymore but he's been a boss big game player throughout his career. I remember Mancini and Pellegrini always picking him as well but there is a reason players retire no matter how good they were.
3 months younger than Wayne Rooney.

Unbelievable how well he’s looked after himself.
Just had a look as I was curious .. 65% pass completion, lost it 3 times, no tackles won, no key passes
Looks 50 out there.
Milner is Milner. He’s been this player for us the whole time. Now he’s a 36 yr old version. Why have we got ourselves to a point where he’s anywhere near the first 11 in a game like this? It’s horrific. He’s letting down no one. He just isn’t up to it anymore. We shouldn’t be asking him to start at Utd after drawing our first 2 games of the season. Our squad planning is the issue, not Milner.
He should have been a 7th/8th choice midfielder, not a 3rd choice one. It's a big fecking problem.
He pulls out wide because there is space there and he can turn without been pressed, which leaves a donut in midfield and limits our options to progress the ball forward.

Lost bear

What does that even mean?
I think he thinks they're over reaching, over confident, they've made it to UTD's former position as winner for the duration.. As to the specifics of the terminology, heaven only knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.