RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
We lost 6-1 to Tott at home a couple of seasons ago!
Big defeats are embarrassing but the bigger picture is way more important.

An outlier smashfest matters not a jot compared to beating you to the top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My two cents on the Eddie Murphy thing.

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.

I dare say it's best avoided to do lookalikes unless it's a pretty clear one. Otherwise you're just leaving yourself open to complaints.

But Lukaku and Stormzy is surely a reasonable one.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
My two cents on the Eddie Murphy thing.

Casual racism and unconscious racism still exists, as much as some of you want to deny it. Black people do often tend to get compared to each other even when they look nothing alike, the same with Asian people.

Many white people don't tend to compare two white people to each other, when they don't look alike, but do it quite often with other ethnic groups.

Even if the meaning behind it isn't malicious, it's still unconscious racism or casual racism.
I would slightly disagree there as it would depend which group is doing the comparison.
You make good points about casual racism and how hard it is to detect at times specially.
Avoiding physical comparisons is the safest option for the general masses

lysglimt

Scout
As I wrote 2-3 weeks ago - I can forgive a 7-0 defeat against Liverpool if we get C.L

But if we had both lost 7-0 and lost our C.L spot to Liverpool after being 12 points ahead, then serious questions would be asked about ETH.

That didn't happen - all is well .)

lysglimt

Scout
Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
Of course it hurt - but it would have been nothing compared to dropping a 12 point lead to give Liverpool C.L-football next season. Now THAT would have hurt

Acquire Me

Nah, it’s us losing to a pathetic team and shit happens. Football got these freaky results from time to time. Too bad it was you guys who got lucky.

Anyhow, Enjoy Thursdays :)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I dare say it's best avoided to do lookalikes unless it's a pretty clear one. Otherwise you're just leaving yourself open to complaints.

But Lukaku and Stormzy is surely a reasonable one.
For me; Flores (ex Watford manager) and Doran Martell (game of Thrones). Like two eggs.

cyberman

Of course it hurt - but it would have been nothing compared to dropping a 12 point lead to give Liverpool C.L-football next season. Now THAT would have hurt
The meme is actually true, they’re went from quadruple chasers to the we won a game of football trophy.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Of course I'm devastated, like Mo. How the hell did we end up in Man Utd's contest? :mad:Don't be a stranger, see you in February. ;)
Not happy to meet up with someone like you.
I have enough suitors. :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Of course I'm devastated, like Mo. How the hell did we end up in Man Utd's contest? :mad:Don't be a stranger, see you in February. ;)
Funnily enough I think Liverpool qualifying for the Europa this season has you as having qualified for Europe's second competition thirteen times, once more than Man Utd.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Funnily enough I think Liverpool qualifying for the Europa this season has you as having qualified for Europe's second competition thirteen times, once more than Man Utd.
We played 26 seasons in the CL since it started in 91/92.
Liverpool 14 seasons.

Winrar

Sorry but losing by a total of 20 something goals to 3 in the last 5 matches would gnaw at me but hey that’s me , but I guess when you lose 7-0 it gets to be a blur mixed in with 0-5 loss which was worse in my opinion or was it the 4-2 loss before that or was it the 4-0 loss after that. It’s all so blurry so I can see how it doesn’t hurt from the numbness.
If you could switch places with us on the condition that you lose 7-0 at OT, would you haven taken that? You'd be lying if you said no.

I'm pretty sure Real Madrid have forgotten about the 5-0 and 6-2 to Barca as well following their success afterwards.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Saves you getting thumped by either of the Madrid teams in the CL.

Those magical Anfield nights. :drool:

Tony247

Moved on already.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Hope they enjoy Thursday nights from now on or they may be devastated.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ok, this has been bugging me.

Everyone else seems dejected but why, why, why that guy in front with glasses screamed a pleasure awwwwwww right after other three guys behind him bent over to inspect his behind?
The guy behind him inserts something into his anus

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Some things never change. Like even when Liverpool are beating us (convincingly) it actually doesn’t matter. They do the double over us in 2008/09 and still don’t win the league.
They beat us 4-2 after the rescheduled game due to protests, which helps them get into the CL, but they don’t win the CL the next season anyway.
They beat us with cricket scores last season and still don’t win the league.
They beat us 7-0 this season and still don’t qualify for the CL.
Someone send me a memo please when one of their impressive wins against us actually gets them something at the end.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
With their entitled and victim mentality they will be burning with hatred all summer.

The bonus is, whoever takes us over will have an awful lot of money to spend on transfers. And we have a manager who knows exactly how to use the players we will bring in.

Its going to be a splendid summer.

Mou Mou Land

Everyone else seems dejected but why, why, why that guy in front with glasses screamed a pleasure awwwwwww right after other three guys behind him bent over to inspect his behind?
I still wonder what Paul Scholes was doing in the crowd.

The Oracle

That win against Chelsea solved a number of tasks at the same time:
  • Secured us a Top 4 finish and Champions League football
  • Ended Liverpool’s season by consigning them to 5th place and Europa League football
  • Put the final nail in the coffin on the Dippers’ hopes of Jude Bellingham signing for them
...not even a hat-trick of Alisson headers in their final game can save them now.

Manchester United ended Liverpool’s season and it feels great.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Sir Alex really made their life miserable for many many many years that the 7-0 means nothing next to all those years.:lol:

BorisManUtd

I was devastated after 7-0 and thought it would last forever and I won't be able to watch United games again. Surprisingly got completely over it after a month or so. Was a freak result, 8 shots on target and 7 goals. Just everything went in.

Hoof the ball

You're looking at it wrong. It's an elation reaction, it's a reaction of ".....Oh! I get it now!!" as though he's been told a joke and it's taken him 20 seconds longer than everyone else.
Everyone else has reacted to the shit show happening; our guy doesn't even know it's begun yet. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.