RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
Hmm I dunno I feel somewhat anaesthetised to it now.

Can't think why.

What did you do after the 7-0?

I imagine the pain of Liverpool crashing into and being condemned to the Europa League along with teams like Cluj, Sheriff and Luzern will be more painful and will last all summer and the whole of next season, add to the fact we took the 7-0 and still finished above you, still won a trophy, and got into the FA Cup final.

You didn't win anything. Or get even close to.

Nah, I'm not hurt, I'm quite content to be honest. But please do hold on to that 7-0, it will keep you warm on those cold Thursday nights in December.

Mmm-Qatarian

Because it was Stoke, not Man Utd (or Everton). Doesn't matter how you think you're handling it, that 7-0 is gonna hurt for a long time. And if it doesn't you're not a real Utd fan.
Do you think most Arsenal fans give a shite about the time we did them 8-2? Are the ones who don't not real Arsenal fans?

People move on. End of season league position is infinitely more important than any individual league game; Liverpool fans bringing up the 7-0 is pure cope.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Will Klopp play a strong(ish) team or just the reserves?
Difficult situation for him.
On the one hand he could focus on the league.
On the other he has in his career only won 1 European trophy so far. Great opportunity to double his tally.

cyberman

Yeah but does the poster you’re having a go at have thousands of posts on a rival forum?

Redfrog

Hope you’ll enjoy the win while playing the Europa.
I am sure you prefer this result rather then winning the treble. After all, you are spending your time on an United forum. Like a true Liverpool fan, you are obsessed with United.

arnoldS

Why would you be no real united fan if it doesnt bother you? We are grown man ffs, why cry and think about that result for longer than a few days or a week? I couldn't give a single feck about the 7:0 with the good season we are heaving.

Woodzy

We have had an infinitely better season than Liverpool, couldn’t give a feck about the 7 - 0 anymore.

Can't someone make a mega post with a bunch of RAWK posts? If there are any.

Josh 76

Will Klopp play a strong(ish) team or just the reserves?
Difficult situation for him.
On the one hand he could focus on the league.
On the other he has in his career only won 1 European trophy so far. Great opportunity to double his tally.
A team never plays a full reserve team in Europe. They may make a few changes, but there are always a few star players playing.

Europa League is fecking horrible. It’s like going on a date with someone you don’t really like, but you have no choice as they are the only one that likes you.

Enjoy your Thursday date nights!

macheda14

Thanks for gatekeeping how a fan should feel. Firstly for many fans the score line became so ridiculous that it stopped hurting. The 5-0 at home last season hurt more because it felt like a nadir, the future as a United fan felt bleak.

But also football is ephemeral and you only really think about the highs. The only matches that hurt after time has passed are lost finals or semi finals - missed opportunities. 'Oh god if only we had beaten Portsmouth in 08 we would have had a second treble', the porto game in 04, the final against Barca in 09. The final against Arsenal in 05 still smarts. 6-1 against City, who cares even though it was important them in winning the league. 7-0 against you again crazy and you'll have fun remembering it, but it won't keep us up because in the grand scheme of things they are one off league games.

Like question, how do you think the pain of 7-0 actually manifests?

AndySmith1990

That result is completely meaningless. It's made no difference to us achieving our goal of CL qualification

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ugh. This is not the thread for discussion...

But ok. As a fan of a team that had been humiliated by its biggest rival a number of times over the last 15 years, humiliation fades pretty quickly. A loss on penalties in a final hurts a lot more and is more enduring than an ultimately meaningless 7-0 drubbing in the league

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Does the 0-7 game still sting?

Nah.

CL next year is the balm I needed. Kinda like aloe vera.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So this Europa early stages. Nearly all teams are Sunday League shit aren't they? Even if you get a good one in your group there two qualification spots anyway.

Did Garnacho develop well in these games? And other youngsters? I'm hoping Bjacetic, Morton, Calvin Ramsay and specially Doak can get some decent game time. Even Carvalho, if he's not loaned out, will need these games.

Salford_Red83

I thought this was a RAWK meltdown thread?

The 7-0 ultimately means shitall in the grand scheme of the season. To be honest I forgot about it pretty quickly.

Really says something when the 7-0 is actually the highlight of Liverpool fans season. Hope you lot didn't spend all the prize money at once!!

Glorio

You are trying to introduce the 'you all look the same to white people argument', which is shameful, as that is not what was meant at all.

I'm white and frequently get mistaken for Brian Conley, the comedian. Is that racist because we are both the same colour?
Do you look like Conley? My guess is yes?

The racism suggestion is because as has been stated here, apart from having a mustache and being black, Martial and Eddie Murphy don't look alike at all.

AndySmith1990

Do you look like Conley? My guess is yes?

The racism suggestion is because as has been stated here, apart from having a mustache and being black, Martial and Eddie Murphy don't look alike at all.
Well now I feel bad. I realise I was out of order all those times I called my mate with a shit 'tache Tom Selleck. Because they look nothing alike

dpansheth

can all of you take your logic out of this thread please? This thread is to mock liverpool , nothing else.

RedRocket9908

That 7-0 doesnt really hurt anyone as it turned out to be meaningless in the end, its not like we were even outplayed for the full 90 minutes as we were the better team in the first half and at least 4 of Liverpools goals had a lot of luck attached.

The most annoying thing about that loss for me was that every single big decision in the match went Liverpools way, the 2 penalty shouts we had wernt even looked at.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
You are trying to introduce the 'you all look the same to white people argument', which is shameful, as that is not what was meant at all.

I'm white and frequently get mistaken for Brian Conley, the comedian. Is that racist because we are both the same colour?
Actually that is what was done, but you don't see it because as people of white Caucasian descent, we have never suffered from racial prejudice so we don't understand how casual and unconscious racism is an issue. That is definitely what happened. Just like the joke on the internet of Lukaku looking like Stormzy when they look nothing alike.

What you've just done is something that regularly happens. An accusation of racism is brought up, and the defence mechanism kicks in and reversing the issue.

Flipping it round to be about yourself and using that example to try and justify why it's not racism is a regular thing. It's the same case that happens with the ignorant that spout "why do only black lives matter, all lives matter".

bosskeano

can't wait to see how these jammy bastards manage playing thursday/Sunday and pick up a few injuries.....Klopp will full on act like a real twat about it

Ananke

If you’d asked me would I take CL football and a drumming off Liverpool, vs europa league….I’d take the former thanks :lol:

Pass and Move

Actually that is what was done, but you don't see it because as people of white Caucasian descent, we have never suffered from racial prejudice so we don't understand how casual and unconscious racism is an issue. That is definitely what happened. Just like the joke on the internet of Lukaku looking like Stormzy when they look nothing alike.

What you've just done is something that regularly happens. An accusation of racism is brought up, and the defence mechanism kicks in and reversing the issue.

Flipping it round to be about yourself and using that example to try and justify why it's not racism is a regular thing. It's the same case that happens with the ignorant that spout "why do only black lives matter, all lives matter".
Stormzy himself said they look alike.

I also see the Martial/Murphy resemblance; it’s something about the smile and moustache.

None of us know if the RAWK poster who made the comparison is even white.

Status
Not open for further replies.