6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Seen someone linked this on reddit. Simple FM-like view of Lukaku's run to create the space for the last-minute winner (someone has too much time on their hands).

theralyst

Silent Domination 2.
I know the hyperbole can be a bit much about that goal, but that goal simply does not happen without Lukaku. And it's not just lucky what he did, since he clearly had a picture that Chadli would be in space by him dragging the defenders towards him. Definitely different to Rooney's silent domination.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I know the hyperbole can be a bit much about that goal, but that goal simply does not happen without Lukaku. And it's not just lucky what he did, since he clearly had a picture that Chadli would be in space by him dragging the defenders towards him. Definitely different to Rooney's silent domination.
It's just.. strikers do this all the time. I do think it was great though which is why I don't think the original silent domination was something to laugh at either as most did here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"I think Thierry deserves huge credit. He has been working really well with Rom," Martinez said in an exclusive interview with Goal ahead of Friday's quarter-final clash with Brazil.

"But I think Rom is a player we know well because as a young man we saw his outstanding talent. His outstanding talent is the goalscoring ability that he has. When you see him at the age of 19 coming into the Premier League and making the impact he had with West Brom and seeing that slowly he was adapting to playing 90 minutes.

"He comes to Everton and you can see that mindset of a winner. Elite brain of wanting to become the best in his position. You see an evolution on the footballer.

"But it was significant to see someone that from the outside many people could say, well he would accept if you see a selfish action of Romelu Lukaku on the pitch because you are in front of goal and maybe you are hoping to score a goal.

"I think his decision of assisting that ball to someone who is in a better position speaks volumes of his maturity and his understanding of why we are here – to be a team, to help each other, to try to win games."
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/martinez-hails-lukaku-he-has-an-elite-brain/f6dgr7v0ost21czfll052j0wv

Ekeke

If we didnt already own his registration we'd probably be linked with signing him for around £100 million at this point considering the United fee. We paid a lot for him but he's certainly worth more than what we paid now.

haram

A solution would be then to try Lingard in midfield, a bit more advanced than Matic and Pogba. Similar to how England setup.That seems to get aid his play quite a bit. Downside is of course where will Fred play then.
We have done this before.

Norris

We have done this before.
I know Jose mentioned in one Press Conference that he played Lingard in midfield and the caf was very divided on whether it was indeed the case or not. I would like to see it done over a stretch of games. Obviously it will not happen since we have Fred now, but if we had a very dynamic DM, we could try the City Midfield model.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seen someone linked this on reddit. Simple FM-like view of Lukaku's run to create the space for the last-minute winner (someone has too much time on their hands).

Is it weird that i'd actually watch football matches like that :lol: love some old school FM engine.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
That run to create the space for Meunier :drool:
Seen that a few days ago, that's really a joy to watch. Both Lukaku's movement and the mutual understanding of all four attackers. Perfect attack.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really like Lukaku these days, even though I was one of those who wasn't too "impressed" by his skillset when we were linked with him. Glad to be proven wrong.

Would love it if he could win the golden boot. But pens will cost him, in the end.

Canagel

I would love nothing more than for Lukaku to bag a couple tonight and send Brazil crashing out. Here's hoping.

jmaggio

I have absolutely no idea why Lukaku receives this level of criticism from the English media and opposition fans. He is up there with the best no 9s in the world.

People mock him for being a “donkey” and being “unintelligent” but look at his work for the winning goal. He was heavily involved in the build up and he faked when he knew the player behind him was in a perfect position to score, rounding off what was a brilliant counter attack goal. This was the play of a very intelligent footballer. I'm sure that he has improved from his earlier days at Everton, he's refined his contribution to the build up and passing, he managed 7 assists last season.

Granted - yes he does have an imposing physical presence , but he also combines this with intelligent link up play. At times last season, it appeared to me that Lukaku's decision making in the final third was better than any of our "Creative" players (Sanchez, Martial, Pogba.) If I remember, he even had a devastating game playing out of position on the wing vs Liverpool? His performance out wide in that game was arguably better than any put in by our native wingers all season!

He made on average 23 passes a game, compared to Morata (18) Jesus (21) and Kane(18). This is evidence to the point I have been making. But the way the media and commentators portray him, you would think he was the poundland Andy Caroll!

Although I am normally one who shouts political correctness gone mad, the stick he gets does make me think that a lot of it is based on him being a black player with a large frame, and perhaps if he was white his intelligent play would be more recognised. I think race is something that feeds into this, alongside the notion that because you are physically well built or tall, you therefore can’t be a technically gifted player (which is obviously absolute b*llocks.)

Sanche7

This is a big night for Rom.
Many people still consider him to be a flat track bully,as someone who goes missing in big games.
Today is the day to prove them wrong, with what could potentially be the match of the World Cup, with the whole world looking, against the favorites; if he manages to pull Belgium through, he will start to get recognized as one of the best strikers on the planet
Go on Rom, smash em :devil:

SirAF

Ageist
If we didnt already own his registration we'd probably be linked with signing him for around £100 million at this point considering the United fee. We paid a lot for him but he's certainly worth more than what we paid now.
100% this.

AndyJ1985

His all round link up play is getting better and better. He's so much more than just a good finisher

FujiVice

Maybe it's United that are shit and not Lukaku ...

... no its the kids who are wrong!

TheReligion

Abusive
If you don't think Lukaku, at 25 years old, is top level you're a sandwich short of a picnic.

Superbly talented player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His highlight video is going to be the tits.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
His development this last year has been ridiculous, he should have come sooner.

Hawks2008

The guy is a freight train once he gets going. I got a bet on him being top scorer this tournament so hopefully he can add to his tally. Good showing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.