6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

If you don't think Lukaku, at 25 years old, is top level you're a sandwich short of a picnic.

Superbly talented player.
He’s average cause he sometimes controls the ball a bit heavy and it comes off his shin.

AndyJ1985

The exciting thing is he's entering his peak years, so he should continue to improve. If he does he's going to be a top tier player

It's just a shame we don't have players quite on the same level as De Bruyne and Hazard around him

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His development this last year has been ridiculous, he should have come sooner.
It really has. If he was at any other club people would be worshipping the manager for his inspired development.

edcunited1878

Just shows how good he can be in an attacking side.
There's so much space for Belgium and he's firmly positioned on the flank as the primary outlet. He's rarely given this much space in the PL. Belgium's tactics in Brazil's half going forward has been spot on.

El Zoido

It really has. If he was at any other club people would be worshipping the manager for his inspired development.
Before the game Shearer was already basically saying he’s stifled at United.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
On an individual level, the guy has come up leaps and bounds.

It's up to Jose and his team mates to get the best out of him.

AndyJ1985

Before the game Shearer was already basically saying he’s stifled at United.
His development is clear to see, he's improved massively since joining United. However we don't get the best out of him but I think that's mainly down to the lack of quality around him. He must love playing with Hazard and De Bryune.

JohnnyKills

Fair play, I was against us signing him but he's become a top player. Credit to Mourinho as well, we criticise him when things don't work so it's only fair to praise him for Lukaku's development.

Ciddy

He’s been very good all WC, but been extremely impressed with his play in this first half. Those front 3 playing with a lot of freedom and it’s causing no end of problems for Brazil. If Sanchez can find his form and offer anything close to what De Bryne and Hazard are offering right now he’ll have another great season.

acnumber9

He’s been excellent tonight. Really suits the counter attacking game we don’t get to play too often.

Cloud7

Been critical of him over the course of the season, but he has been so so good this tournament. We need to get the ball to him quicker and in space to run into like he’s gotten at this tournament

haram

If we can get the transitions and counters right, look at what can happen!

Red Stone

He can win us the league if we build a team around him and use him correctly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The best thing about him is that still there's a lot to improve in him. Been genuinely world class in this match.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we can get the transitions and counters right, look at what can happen!
Why I say he could have been even better last season. For being a big man, he's at his best when he's running rather than the Drogba role. Our shit transitions have made us see very little of that. Same with a few of our other players.

redchamp

I really hope José lets the horses run free next season. Lukaku on the break looks great (we saw it once against Huddersfield) , with Pogba and hopefully Martial in the side, we should be deadly.

Micky Targaryen

Where's that James Peril poster? Probably waiting for Lukaku to feck something up.

Kane may be the better striker but Lukaku is the better footballer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really? That's such an odd opinion given he's probably one of about four players that did themselves justice last season.
He was but for large parts of the season we mostly used him as a target man, crossing the ball in when he's much more than that. The understanding between Martial and Lukaku against CSKA Moscow (and a few other games) was great, and Pogba and Lukaku have a good chemistry too.

Hopefully we can get the best out of him again next season. Could easily have scored 20+ goals in the league if we utilised him better.

pablo__p

In beast mode today. I'd love to see this kind of football that Belgium plasy at our club. We'd need to sign quick, intelligent and technically brilliant playmakers like KdB and Hazard, though.

Reactions: Penna

AndyJ1985

He can win us the league if we build a team around him and use him correctly.
If we can improve our full backs and bring in a great right winger I think we'd be genuine title contenders, and Lukaku would be a key part in it

Dinghy

He looks world class as he got lots of support and Belgium continue to play football even when they take the lead. Mourinho needs to change his mentality to get the best out of Lukaku and all our other attackers, but that won't happen.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Very unusual to see a run like that by a tank and not by a small dribbler. Reminded me of peak Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.