Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

You might as well say he can't play as striker either as a substantial amount of time he played there he failed.

you're linking psg to martial on the basis of it being a rich french club, despite no interest being shown by any of the parties, including us, for a deal, and its not random? :confused:

how can psg offer him first team football? their attacking first team players are better than Martial. Aubameyang at least could displace Cavani, unless you believe Martial on the back of last seasons performances could/would do the same. That also goes for him trying to displace Moura , Di Maria, Draxler.
A highly talented young French player that's 3RD choice for both LW and CF position in UTD on the on side. The richest French club that is always looking to sign top French talent and can offer them first team football in most cases, CL and trophies guaranteed every year, if your smart enough you can see potential PSG bid looming, especially considering they're probably shipping off Di Maria to Inter and Moura is also tagged for exit with Roma showing the biggest interest in him plus not to mention that Aubameyang deal failed.

IrishRedDevil

Prepare yourselves to be very frustrated from time to time. Happy you got him instead of Morata.
Yes I'm sure Liverpool fans are extremely happy United bought a proven PL goal scorer. You keep banging that drum and Lukaku will keep banging goals.

Fracture90

Don't you know the rules when it comes to us buying players? You make up a random number - any number, really - and proceed to use it as factual information.

But yeah, good signing for £158m, all the same.
Yeah but I wanted to hear good ol' GlastonSpur's sources :lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Not me, I don't care what a single player's goal tally is. The game has moved on too. 25 goals from your no. 9 won't be enough if other players aren't hitting double digits.
He was playing at Everton. Scoring 25 goals for a team like that is impressive.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It's £75m. Let me guess, for United transfers you included agents fees and all add ons but for Spurs transfers you'll only mention the lowest possible transfer fee and you won't add an allowance for agent fees, even though they are part of all deals? :boring: Predictably pathetic.
No, I always use the total fee, including all potential add-ons .... because in most cases the add-ons end up being paid.

I don't include agents fees, because usually these are not individually cited.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Worst fear? Jesus Christ :houllier: You do realise he has scored 85 PL goals in the last 5 seasons, only Aguero has more.

The fee is £75m. Even our own fans like to inflate fees to suit their agenda it seems.
Some of our fans would rather prefer if we signed a player like Morata who might still go back to Real if they ever come knocking for him after we sign him. If Morata really wanted to come here he would forced a move for less than 70m. 75m for Lukaku seems crazy to them but spending 90m on a player who has never scored 20+ goals in a season in his life is totally fine with them. So they will bash Lukaku whenever he plays badly.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Nice of Chelsea to turn up and make this expensive deal a bit better value by doing a reverse Hazard and embarrassing themselves.

Peanut Butter

No, I always use the total fee, including all potential add-ons .... because in most cases the add-ons end up being paid.

You're completely obsessed with fees and money.

Why do you care what Utd spend on players so much?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Somebody doesn't understand what addons are.
Add-ons are additional monies that usually end up being paid.

I'm not sure why there is so much push-back on the £90m figure, unless it's embarrassment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How come you've forgotten to mention that part "is believed to include £15m in add-ons" but instead you took it as a confirmed fact?
Which means that the fee is 60m plus 15 in addons, right?

Fracture90

So with Lukaku coming over and Rooney going over does that mean they gonna swap their #10's?

IrishRedDevil

I'm not sure why there is so much push-back on the £90m figure, unless it's embarrassment.
There isn't push back, but you are citing a world record £90m transfer fee when in actual fact it's widely been reported by many trustable sources that the fee is £75m.

JPRouve

Scout
Think it states there initial fee is £75 but Glaston being Glaston has his own calculations when it comes to non-Spur transfers.
Yeah, but that makes little sense. If the 15m are on top of the 75 than the 15m are excluded not included. Or I'm failing english comprehension.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It says it includes £15m in addons so the fee is currently £60m
No, it doesn't.

It cites "an initial £75m", and then cites "£15m in add-ons". Add-ons are not part of any initial fee.

Dracula

caf plane air-master

I'm not sure why there is so much interest from a Spurs fan on a Man Utd transfer involving an Everton player and Chelsea, its embarrassing.

IrishRedDevil

Add ons being paid more than often mean that it was a success, but the transfer fee will be an initial £75m on the books.

Fracture90

Yeah, but that makes little sense. If the 15m are on top of the 75 than the 15m are excluded not included. Or I'm failing english comprehension.
Initial fee is believed to be £75 million but allegedly there are some performance classes worth up to £15 million potentially making the whole deal worth £90 million according to BBC.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It says the deal includes 15m in add-ons, not that the 75m includes 15m in add-ons. The 75m is described as the initial fee, not the sum total of the deal.

JPRouve

Scout
Initial fee is believed to be £75 million but allegedly there are some performance classes worth up to £15 million potentially making the whole deal worth £90 million according to BBC.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.