g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

I'm glad we don't stop at little things like agent's cut while signing players. It still hurts that we missed out on Hazard due to a 6m agent fee. This is the reality and agents are big part of it. Just deal with it or lose out.

Ban

Some people just love to pump up the prices. I won't be surprised if the price of 115 mil suddenly pops out.

AndyJ1985

Either 90 million or 100 million then. Either way it is 'around' 100 million.

I'm happy. You lot should be happy. The people i qouted should be but they will be to stubborn.
The money we've spent makes zero difference to us. What does matter is we've bought your best player, and we've given you one of our worst. Don't know what you have to be happy about.

TheReligion

Abusive
My reality is we took your best player and gave you our worst player.

The money involved is irrelevant as i am not paying it and you personally aren't recieving it.
Everton have already spent the money anyway.

Their wage bill just went up too.

Oscie

Schneiderlin, Rooney, Keane.

Didn't want, valued and nothing and didn't have. In that order.

£25m for the 'didn't want'

£10m for the 'valued at nothing'

£7.5m owed for the 'didn't have'.

Could argue that in 2017 Everton are paying us (indirectly in one case) £42.5m for players we no longer wanted.

supersoccershop

Lukaku will be like a Drogba signing for Mourinho. He is quite similar to Drogba style, big, fast, strong, and powerful shot.

SirAF

Ageist
Either 90 million or 100 million then. Either way it is 'around' 100 million.

I'm happy. You lot should be happy. The people i qouted should be but they will be to stubborn.
Oh, I'm definitely happy! :drool:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
14:16
Mourinho's insistence on buy-back clauses
Chelsea didn’t insert one in Lukaku’s contract when he permanently left for Everton. What a great piece of work by Mourinho that was.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
"Romelu Lukaku is set to have a medical with Manchester United after they agreed to pay Everton an initial £75m for the Belgium striker.

The deal for the 24-year-old, initially reported by BBC Sport on Thursday, is believed to include £15m in add-ons."

I imagine we will probably lay out the official fee when he leaves in a statement and I wouldn't be surprised to see the fee including add-ons to be the one which BBC are stating - 90 million.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don't think Rooney will be included in the Lukaku deal, if anything he'll reduce the price. No way will Lukaku turn out to be £100m including add ons and Rooney.

Web of Bissaka

Under Mourinho at Chelsea,
Mata and Lukaku is not good enough.

*Since then both learn their trade at different clubs*

Under Mourinho at Manchester United,
Mata is a great player, and Lukaku is good enough.

TheReligion

Abusive
"Romelu Lukaku is set to have a medical with Manchester United after they agreed to pay Everton an initial £75m for the Belgium striker.

The deal for the 24-year-old, initially reported by BBC Sport on Thursday, is believed to include £15m in add-ons."
Believed to include.

It's 75m. You also owe us money for Keane and Schneiderlin (see above).

I think 75 is a fair price for all. He's worth about 50.

AndyJ1985

The squabbling over transfer fees to try and get some sort of minor moral victory is ridiculous. United paying £90m for a player is like Everton paying £30m for a player. We can easily afford it, so get over it already.

TheReligion

Abusive
Under Mourinho at Chelsea,
Mata and Lukaku is not good enough.

*Since then both learn their trade at different clubs*

Under Mourinho at Manchester United,
Mata is a great player, and Lukaku is good enough.
The step up to a big club usually gets players going.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Believed to include.

It's 75m. You also owe us money for Keane and Schneiderlin (see above).

I think 75 is a fair price for all. He's worth about 50.
I don't really care how much he will go for but a lot of people said we were silly to be asking for 50m+ and we are getting a lot more than that. We will probably release the fee in a statement when he leaves.

Fully Fledged

Welcome to reality guys.
The reality has changed. The last TV rights deal put so much money in to football that it became a game changer.
The news yesterday was that you were offering £32m for Sigurdsson. Last season that would have been crazy money. This season there is a fair chance that Swansea will turn that offer down.

The world has changed but some people are not prepared to see it.

Hojoon

Just seen this on twitter, is this true?
The first point is made up while the second part is weird, clubs with high revenues (basically every single PL club) usually pay the transfer fee over the length of the contract. We probably haven't got more than 10m for Schneiderlin yet and we probably won't pay more than 15-20m for Lukaku this year.

prtk0811

Schneiderlin, Rooney, Keane.

Didn't want, valued and nothing and didn't have. In that order.

£25m for the 'didn't want'

£10m for the 'valued at nothing'

£7.5m owed for the 'didn't have'.

Could argue that in 2017 Everton are paying us (indirectly in one case) £42.5m for players we no longer wanted.
They also took away rooney's massive wages

Oscie

Rooney's value really is purely hypothetical. You can say Rooney's worth £1 or £100m and argue the 'fee' is in the region of £75,000,0001 and £175,000,000. But using a player we were literally willing to get go on a free to lower the price of an asset we want is very clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.