Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Lukaku would be a good signing for Chelsea, but not as a direct replacement for Diego Costa.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Oh I see, you don't know the meaning of the phrase, well let me Google that for you, it has nothing to do with how he uses his physique.

flat-track bully informal. noun. a sportsperson who dominates inferior opposition, but who cannot beat top-level opponents.

A staggering statistic shows Lukaku's woeful strike rate in matches against the 'big six'.

Versus Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham over the past three seasons, Lukaku has played 30 matches - and scored just three goals.

We'll see his disappearing act again at Anfield in a few weeks I'm sure along with the rest of the Everton team, at least under Moyes they put up some resistance in your derby, I hate watching them walk it every game these days.
A flat track bully is exactly what we need - Lukaku scored 4 against Bournemouth recently whilst we struggled to score even one and ended up drawing

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
A flat track bully is exactly what we need - Lukaku scored 4 against Bournemouth recently whilst we struggled to score even one and ended up drawing
exactly! only 10 games a league season are against top 6 opposition. Id love Lukaku here to bang goals past the rest.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Even the interest in such mediocre players is depressing. With what Lukaku would cost, you should be getting one of the best strikers in the world. He's nowhere near that, and probably never will be.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
exactly! only 10 games a league season are against top 6 opposition. Id love Lukaku here to bang goals past the rest.
But we have ambition to be back in with the big clubs in the Champions League at some stage in the future, that means playing against top level defenders and if Lukaku isn't up to that then we'd be in trouble if he's our only option to play up front on his own.

Runner

But we have ambition to be back in with the big clubs in the Champions League at some stage in the future, that means playing against top level defenders and if Lukaku isn't up to that then we'd be in trouble if he's our only option to play up front on his own.
How about we get to the champions league before we worry about Lukaku's performance against top defenders.

CS@SG

He has scored goals at EVERY club he has played at. What clubs don't play to their strikers strengths? Spurs play to Kanes strengths. Jose plays to his strikers strengths. I don't get this
Jose buys strikers that suits his game plan.

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
Is Lukaku a step up from all of our striking options except Zlatan? He clearly is but that's not saying much. This is exactly the sort of signing Fergie would have made to strengthen us in depth which makes me suggest it won't happen. His record is phenomenal and look at the difference Andy Cole made when he joined us despite people saying he was limited and not worth the money. He is proven in the Premier League and would bang them in for us surely - look how many draws we have had this season when we could have done with someone to scuff it over the line? No doubt we'll skip this signing and go for another attacking midfielder/ forward who can play wide. The only strikers we have signed since Fergie left four (!!!) years ago are an injury ravaged Falcao and Zlatan, that's ludicrous.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Is Lukaku a step up from all of our striking options except Zlatan? He clearly is but that's not saying much. This is exactly the sort of signing Fergie would have made to strengthen us in depth which makes me suggest it won't happen. His record is phenomenal and look at the difference Andy Cole made when he joined us despite people saying he was limited and not worth the money. He is proven in the Premier League and would bang them in for us surely - look how many draws we have had this season when we could have done with someone to scuff it over the line? No doubt we'll skip this signing and go for another attacking midfielder/ forward who can play wide. The only strikers we have signed since Fergie left four (!!!) years ago are an injury ravaged Falcao and Zlatan, that's ludicrous.
In fairness we were saddled with 2 declining players in RVP and Wayne who were our two highest earners, wasn't easy to just replace them instantly post Fergie.

It's blindingly obvious we need another striker, Rashford isn't ready and Martial isn't showing any signs of developing into a central striker in the Thierry Henry mould.

I think the ideal situation is Zlatan turns down the big draw of the MLS:confused:, is partnered up front by a Griezemann or Dybala class of player off him.

We can spend our time singing "José's got us playing the way we should" until we're all blue in the face but we need more players that can put the ball in the net, we're 3/4 of the way through the league and Bournemouth have scored more goals than us, that's a sad fact:houllier:

Oldyella

Barkley would be a terrible signing for Chelsea, if Koeman gets fed up of his attitude on occasion, how would Conte?

Wonder if the club see him as a 'name' signing in case they lose Hazard?

SATA

Everton should accept it straight away if they ever receive such an offer from Chelsea. 100m for the pair of them is ridiculous insane. Both are not that good to command such a fee

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Plus Barkley has been one of the best midfielders in the league in 2017. Looks like the penny has finally dropped and Koeman has him fulfilling is huge potential. I'd be devastated if he left as it would be hard for us to get a player as talented as him in.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Everton will get close to 90 million alone for Lukaku or he will stay another year.
Plus Barkley has been one of the best midfielders in the league in 2017. Looks like the penny has finally dropped and Koeman has him fulfilling is huge potential. I'd be devastated if he left as it would be hard for us to get a player as talented as him in.
I'd like whatever this guy is smoking.

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
We won't get close to 90m for Rom but Barkley has clearly been one of the best players in the league since start of the year. It's not even up for debate.

He has the second highest amount of assists in the five major European leagues since start of the year.

Only clueless biffs who don't watch him and rely on outdated cliches think he's average nowadays.

Cheekiey

Will rival fans go bat shit crazy at thought they are buying a player back for silly money like they did with Pogba, I can almost put my house on it that it won't be nearly as blown up as to what Pogba was

TheSweeper

Barkley would be a terrible signing for Chelsea, if Koeman gets fed up of his attitude on occasion, how would Conte?

Wonder if the club see him as a 'name' signing in case they lose Hazard?
I think attitude will change soon as he wears a shirt that demands it.

mu4c_20le

Will rival fans go bat shit crazy at thought they are buying a player back for silly money like they did with Pogba, I can almost put my house on it that it won't be nearly as blown up as to what Pogba was
Lukaku left for a respectable fee though, Pogba was poached away for pennies, hence the one that got away. Clubs buy back players that they moved on all the time, especially Real.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Lukaku is a proven PL dangerman though, and is likely going to be the PL top scorer this season.

Added to that, if Barkley's in the deal too, for 100m, that's like Lukaku for 60m and Barkley for 40m, that's fecking brilliant business in my opinion.

To put it another way, it's Lukaku and Barkley for 10m more than we paid for Pogba...

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I think attitude will change soon as he wears a shirt that demands it.
:lol:

The main reason he wants to leave is because of the huge demand on his shoulders being the local boy. He was hyped up as our Gerrard and has had to deal with that pressure since he was 17. He also supports Everton so he probably cares more about our shirt than any other one he puts on.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Even the interest in such mediocre players is depressing. With what Lukaku would cost, you should be getting one of the best strikers in the world. He's nowhere near that, and probably never will be.
I'm not super excited about Lukaku either. And didn't Everton turn down a £60m offer for him? If we're paying £70m for a striker he had better be absolute world class.

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
Wow! That's just blown Kane away hasn't it?
He hasn't blown him away but 4 of Kanes 19 goals have been penalties, Lukaku has some amount of goals without taking any penalties. He also has a higher percentage of goals in open player per minute.

+ 4 more assists, and all this whilst playing for a team who are considerably weaker than Spurs.

They are both very talented players but Lukaku's performed better this season imo.

stepic

In today's market those two are worth more than £100m. Lukaku would be around £70-80 and Barkley probably £40ish maybe?

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
Not even worth 50m let alone 100m. Poor poor player.
Yes mate, the top scorer in the league is clearly awful. So poor that he's outscored everyone else in the league whilst playing for a mid table side.

Deary me

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I thought it had already been established that Lukaku was a flat track bully who always struggles against top teams and in big games?

Certainly, he has always been ineffective vs us, either through stage-fright or lack of class.

I have too many doubts for him tip our spear for the next generation.

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
I thought it had already been established that Lukaku was a flat track bully who always struggles against top teams and in big games.
Establish by people who like to ignore facts and insert their own made up realitys

5 goals vs Man City
5 goals vs Liverpool
3 goals vs United
2 goals vs Chelsea
2 goals vs Arsenal
1 goal vs Spurs

His best performances coming in an FA cup quarter final against Chelsea, a derby against Liverpool, a critical top 4 match against Arsenal in 13/14 and a hat trick against United.

Flat track bully, lols

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Establish by people who like to ignore facts and insert their own made up realitys

5 goals vs Man City
5 goals vs Liverpool
3 goals vs United
2 goals vs Chelsea
2 goals vs Arsenal
1 goal vs Spurs

His best performances coming in an FA cup quarter final against Chelsea, a derby against Liverpool, a critical top 4 match against Arsenal in 13/14 and a hat trick against United.

Flat track bully, lols
wow - that looks pretty good! Maybe Im very wrong.

AshfordLad

Yes mate, the top scorer in the league is clearly awful. So poor that he's outscored everyone else in the league whilst playing for a mid table side.

Deary me
Lack context much?

Obviously I meant he is the poorest among the top strikers in the league. Costa, Aguero, Kane, Sanchez, Ibra, Defoe are all better players than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.