Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree with Rozay. Very frustrating player. Almost nobody likes him playing for the Belgian NT. BAGS of potential though. If he can improve his first touch...
This season his touch has been fine.

Devil81

Rooney and Fellaini plus £50m for Lukaku and Stones would be tremendous business by us not least because it would rid of us a £300,000 a week wage.
When have these style deals ever been done?

I don't even think Fellaini fits into Martinez idea of a player, he's far too clumsy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, that's not true. Watch him today.

Jerch

I can't believe that I had to argue that he is the bigger talent than Benteke just a couple of weeks ago.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Who was that nutter last season who was insistent that Lukaku had peaked and was on a downward spiral at the age of 22?

Class player and would have taken him last season as well. You can't argue with his record and quality unless you're some sort of footballing hipster.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's missed very very good chances though, 1 was an absolute sitter.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Good player. Would cost 40-50 million. I would be happy to pay that all things considered.

Robbie Boy

You're still in 2013.
Yep. He's always been a good goal scorer but his all-round game was bordering on terrible at times. This season he's improved his general play so much and now brings others into the game far more often and looks technically very good. His work rate has also massively improved. Big credit to Martinez.

Last edited:

Raw

He's brilliant. Can't believe Chelsea didn't give him as much of a chance, especially considering the shite they've had in their strikeforce in recent times (except for Costa last season).

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Would definitely take him here but he'd cost silly money. That miss was a contender for miss of the season, mind.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I like how Everton has a core of brilliant young players.

Barkley, Lukaku, Mccarthy and Stones are as good as any in England. If they can tie up a deal for Deulofeu then they are set for a good few years.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I like how Everton has a core of brilliant young players.

Barkley, Lukaku, Mccarthy and Stones are as good as any in England. If they can tie up a deal for Deulofeu then they are set for a good few years.
If we don't win a trophy/finish in EL positions at least it will end before it's even began.

bubbles_

Already got more league goals than last season with 11. His highest was 17 for West Brom, surely he'll beat that this time round.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Already got more league goals than last season with 11. His highest was 17 for West Brom, surely he'll beat that this time round.
He should break 20 this year.

InfiniteBoredom

If we can't land the absolute best, I'd rather we go for Higuain rather than Lukaku. A few years of good service before Martial is ready. Lukaku is too similar in build and the amount of football he has to Rooney for my comfort, without ever - to this date- being as good as the latter.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Still looks mediocre on the ball based on today's game.

The_Midfielder

It can be dangerous to play young players so much at these ages - look at what happened to Rooney and Owen.
Well even if he can provide us 8 years of service, that would be good business on our side.. he is 22.. Rooney won all... Owen was just injured all the time... Lukaku doesnt look like he has a terrible injury record..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
A lot of weight on those knee joints.

arthurka

Can we buy a double pack of him and Deulofeu? He wouldn't score here without any decent service.

prarek

You'd also need someone who can provide him consistent service. The difference between last season and this season is that he now has Deulofeu feeding him through.

InfiniteBoredom

Don't think he's going for more than 40. Benteke had a not too dissimilar goal record at Villa and went for £32m. Looks City bound when Aguero is done tbh.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't think he's going for more than 40. Benteke had a not too dissimilar goal record at Villa and went for £32m. Looks City bound when Aguero is done tbh.
Benteke was also at a rubbish team and wasn't bought for 30m by Villa.

MDFC Manager

It's Everton, they will fleeced every penny out of the buying club, or won't sell

Status
Not open for further replies.