g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Can't wait till we sign Zlatan again in January.

Zlatan and Lukaku up top, Fellaini in at #10.

Just knock it long lads.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

BBC reported fee is agreed, BBC Merseyside reporting fee is not agreed.

el3mel

What people don't seem to get is, if a deal was actually done, as in 100% finalised i.e. DONE, then the clubs would announce it. Until then it's not done.
Exactly.

The official sources will always say the same till the fee is paid and everything is finalized, till their replay will be the same " the deal isn't done" even if Ed is setting beside him with contracts on the table.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Everton won't confirm anything until Lukaku is in a Utd shirt so shouldn't be digging the report too much.

...However, if true, what a fantastic move this would be. A proven EPL striker for many seasons now at £75M or a RM reject at £70M? Only one winner here and it's not even close.

186 appearances
85 goals
42 assists
Worth every penny in comparison to Morata who is A LOT bigger risk at essentially the same price tag. Not to mention, Lukaku is 24 yrs old - the same as Morata.

@2:15 mark
http://bit.ly/2utzuUa
Zlatan knew all along :D

And for all the pessimists out there who don't think highly of Lukaku (for whatever odd reason), only Aguero has scored more goals (99) in the last 5 EPL seasons than Lukaku (85). Then you compare the City teams Aguero was on those years vs the Everton teams Lukaku was on, a point can easily be made Lukaku got more out of what he had to work with than what Aguero had.

Best of all this would be a huge middle finger to Madrid. The feck outta here trying to recoup a blasphemous amount for Morata and taking the piss. Have fun getting the Mbappe fee from someone else. PLEASE GOD LET THIS MOVE BE TRUE!!! :drool:
If Morata had stayed at Juve he would have been a proven Serie A striker with CL experience (finals even). A real he didn't play as much as Benzema because Zidane prefers Benzema yet Morata scored more goals and has a highly impressive goals/minute ratio. Also if Lukaku were at Real Madrid he wouldn't play either.

So I really don't get this Madrid reject kinda stuff. Madrid is not rejecting him, if anything they want to keep him, they bought him back for £30m from Juve last year and they are asking for top dollar because right now because they don't want to sell him. He just hasn't yet cemented a starting position in what is the best team of the world atm where players like Ronaldo and Bale are also in the mix. There is absolutley no shame in that. At Juve he was first choice striker, played all their important games and he was impressive in the CL.

Morata is just technically more gifted than Lukaku and with him upfront we could actually improve the quality of our football. I would be very sad if we don't end up signing Morata, I think he would compliment Lukaku very well in fact.

jackofalltrades

Jim White is saying "no deal reached" which doesn't in itself contradict "fee agreed". Presumably a fee has been agreed but details such as structure of payments etc. have not. Can't understand why this distinction is causing such confusion.
Probably because some sources are saying that Chelsea might still make another offer.

Adebesi

Except Everton. ;)
Nah, in this market that is a pretty reasonable price I think. Could have been a lot worse.

When the window closes and we can see the sum total of business clubs have done in the PL and across Europe we can look at this deal and decide whether it represents value. (And then again at the end of the season when we see how they all performed.) It might not be the best deal but Im pretty sure it wont be the worst either.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
:lol:

BBC reported fee is agreed, BBC Merseyside reporting fee is not agreed.
Nah the Merseyside one is reporting there isn't a deal, which there probably isn't yet. BBC only saying there's an agreement on a fee not that a deal is done.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Helping us dodge a £75m bullet and taking Matic of our hands. I had my doubts but looks like Jose still loves us after all :lol::lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just going to wait for the standard United tweet everyone else in twitter world is getting ignored

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
To be fair, unless Everton want to show some gratitude for Lukaku's years of service, they should be now plying him to the highest bidder. Get on with Chelsea, PSG, china etc and see if they can get more.

Sux for the player as it appears he's keen on us and his buddies, but Everton have no obligation to be nice.

Like how people always say Levy is the worst...not from Spurs perspective.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Love seeing people analyse the fee as if they have any idea of the club's financial workings. Assuming Morata would seal Dave going the other way, I'd rather have Lukaku and keep Dave personally.

He's gonna score a ton of goals, couldn't give a shit about anything else. Can't wait to see how he links up with his mate Pogba.

Devil may care

The door seems still open for Chelsea to hopefully come in with more and we can still get Morata.

WPMUFC

GloryHunter07

To be fair, unless Everton want to show some gratitude for Lukaku's years of service, they should be now plying him to the highest bidder. Get on with Chelsea, PSG, china etc and see if they can get more.

Sux for the player as it appears he's keen on us and his buddies, but Everton have no obligation to be nice.

Like how people always say Levy is the worst...not from Spurs perspective.
It was probably Everton that leaked the news in order to draw out new bidders.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Love seeing people analyse the fee as if they have any idea of the club's financial workings.

He's gonna score a ton of goals, couldn't give a shit about anything else. Can't wait to see how he links up with his mate Pogba.
Mario Gomes scored a goal a game in 11/12 yet still got dropped the following season. United improved after selling RVN, in the modern game you need more than goals unless you score at the rate Ronaldo does.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is an extremely lazy comparison. Aside from the fact that they are both black, fast and strong. Drogba was the quintessential big game player, while inconsistent against minnows, bar a couple of seasons. Lukaku is the opposite in this regard.
and yet he is still just turned 24 and so has lots more developing to do. We don't know what the final version of Lukaku looks like, but it's a very exciting prospect.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Nah the Merseyside one is reporting there isn't a deal, which there probably isn't yet. BBC only saying there's an agreement on a fee not that a deal is done.
That makes sense. Thank you.

ottosec

Top striker who will only get better.

I dunno why people say he doesn't score against good teams when he scored against Arsenal, Tottenham, City and Chelsea last season? Maybe because he usually plays poor against us?

MP1711

At what point does Mino Raiola become our Director of Football?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not sure why some of you don't want to admit that the deal is done....when it is.
Guys, he will most likely be joining the rest of his new teammates, over the weekend.

Welcome Mr Lukaku and I hope you score many many goals for us.

InfiniteBoredom

and yet he is still just turned 24 and so has lots more developing to do. We don't know what the final version of Lukaku looks like, but it's a very exciting prospect.
Players don't reinvent themselves much in their mid 20s. They developed mentally and become more consistent/better at what they do best but the notion that we can fundamentally change the game of a player entering his prime is hopeful at best and nonsensical at worst.

Also, bear in mind that he's similar to Rooney with the amount of football he played from a young age. He's unlikely to last long past 30.

Zlatattack

I have watched Beattie and Lukaku both for Everton. It is insulting to Lukaku even comparing them.
I'm not comparing them, mine was a throwaway comment about the looking down at strikers who were "just goalscorers".

MDFC Manager

On the bright side, signing Drogba means that we'd at the least bitch slap the Wengerboyz every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.