Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

From Ducker:
Lukaku’s impending transfer to Old Trafford is likely to infuriate Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, who had told the Premier League champions to sign the Belgian at any expense.

Chelsea were thought to be the favourites to sign Lukaku but United have been happy for that theory to gather pace in recent weeks as they worked quietly behind the scenes to secure a deal for the 24-year-old.
Wonder if the press will write some nasty articles about Chelsea like they have done for us recently?

GazTheLegend

To be fair it's been stated here quite clearly that the deal is not yet completed … the energy surrounding the rumour however, comes from the fact that it's from a reliable source not force fed to us by a club, a player or his agent.
And the club photographer .....

Crackers

greasy ginfers
United briefing deal. Everton briefing no deal. What a clusterfeck.

Having said that I do think the deal is done.

If you break it down to two companies making a deal.
Party A say they've bought the asset, Party B said it hasn't happened.
Party A are either being trolls/clueless, or Party B want it sorted quickly/ or a slightly higher fee.

I'd say it's done and we'll end up paying a small bit extra in future clauses...

WPMUFC

Ducker: Lukaku to MUFC

BBC/Stone: Lukaku to MUFC

MEN: Lukaku to MUFC

Craig Norwood: Lukaku to MUFC.

It's done. Everton are simply saying "It's not done" because we leaked it first and there are probably some "i" to dot. We don't brief all our well known journos with "maybe" signings.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Everton won't confirm anything until Lukaku is in a Utd shirt so shouldn't be digging the report too much.

...However, if true, what a fantastic move this would be. A proven EPL striker for many seasons now at £75M or a RM reject at £70M? Only one winner here and it's not even close.

186 appearances
85 goals
42 assists
Worth every penny in comparison to Morata who is A LOT bigger risk at essentially the same price tag. Not to mention, Lukaku is 24 yrs old - the same as Morata.

@2:15 mark
http://bit.ly/2utzuUa
Zlatan knew all along :D

And for all the pessimists out there who don't think highly of Lukaku (for whatever odd reason), only Aguero has scored more goals (99) in the last 5 EPL seasons than Lukaku (85). Then you compare the City teams Aguero was on those years vs the Everton teams Lukaku was on, a point can easily be made Lukaku got more out of what he had to work with than what Aguero had.

Best of all this would be a huge middle finger to Madrid. The feck outta here trying to recoup a blasphemous amount for Morata and taking the piss. Have fun getting the Mbappe fee from someone else. PLEASE GOD LET THIS MOVE BE TRUE!!! :drool:
Absolutely brilliant post.

Totally agree as well.

buckooo1978

As well as his own qualities, Lukaku bullying and stretching centre backs will create so much more space for guys like Rashford, Martial, Mata and Mhiki

after tough years last year I think Martial and Mhiki will do great next year

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You might be better off sticking me on ignore for the day mate.

But yeah, I basically agree with you, except I am evidently happier than you that we have given Madrid the run around a bit (though my track record at deciphering your views today is obviously not great.) I can see why youd say that is a bit small time, but yeah, I do get a kick out of anything which puts their noses out of joint, even just a little.

Kind of similar to how most English fans feel about United I guess.
I never put anyone of ignore list and if I were to do, you wouldn't be one of the first members I'd think of ;) Madrid can royally feck off, I hate this club and everything it represents.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
SAF and Mourinho are very alike in so many ways.

I'm sure SAF has influenced Mourinho is some of his thinking and approach to the game.
Mourinho so clearly models himself on SAF, just he's not as good as he throws his toys out of the pram after 3 years. We'll see what happens the season after this, but this season should be pretty good for us.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
At what point does Mino Raiola become our Director of Football?
Apparently, it's part of the screw you Mourinho's been addressing Mendes for not backing him at Real Madrid and Chelsea's debacles.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Proven EPL goalscorer. Superb stats. Hardly ever gets injured or suspended.

Outstanding signing.

30+ goals next year nqat.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
If he signs this has been a masterclass in transfer tactics by United. Very refreshing to see us not give in to Real, and even more satisfying seeing us hijack an apparent Chelsea deal.

Doubt still remains in my mind as to how good he'll be - I'm not a fan of his first touch and he does blow hot and cold. However a proven EPL goal scorer, who's also a tank with some pace aged 24 under Mourinho (yeah I know Mourinho sold him at Chelsea) can only mean one thing - improvement.

I'm 80% happy with this. That's enough for me.

Mr.Plow

RONmelu ROOkaku. Combines the grace of Cristiano with the finishing of Rooney.

luke511

I wonder if they've made an agreement during the Rooney deal that it's okay to leak us signing Lukaku as a smokescreen, so it'll speed up the Morata to us deal and the Lukaku to Chelsea deal.. Hmm probably not ha!

Aza Boy

If Morata had stayed at Juve he would have been a proven Serie A striker with CL experience (finals even). A real he didn't play as much as Benzema because Zidane prefers Benzema yet Morata scored more goals and has a highly impressive goals/minute ratio. Also if Lukaku were at Real Madrid he wouldn't play either.

So I really don't get this Madrid reject kinda stuff. Madrid is not rejecting him, if anything they want to keep him, they bought him back for £30m from Juve last year and they are asking for top dollar because right now because they don't want to sell him. He just hasn't yet cemented a starting position in what is the best team of the world atm where players like Ronaldo and Bale are also in the mix. There is absolutley no shame in that. At Juve he was first choice striker, played all their important games and he was impressive in the CL.

Morata is just technically more gifted than Lukaku and with him upfront we could actually improve the quality of our football. I would be very sad if we don't end up signing Morata, I think he would compliment Lukaku very well in fact.
Sir, if your Coach prefers to play someone rather than you, means he does not believe in you.

Zidane does not trust Morata to be starter in the big games, because he knows Morata is not good enough.

And Madrid buybacked him not for being a future starter striker, no.

He is a backup for aging Ronaldo and Benzema. And may be for Bale which supposed to replace Ronaldo but currently fail to do it.

If both of them gone, Madrid will seach for other high profile striker. Like Mbappe right now.

As simple as that.

DannyDee

Wow, if this is how we played it Madrid must be fuming. They got greedy and now have no real place to unload Morata for anywhere close to the bid we lodged unless Chelsea gets desperate.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... A proven EPL striker for many seasons now at £75M or a RM reject at £70M? Only one winner here and it's not even close.

186 appearances
85 goals

... only Aguero has scored more goals (99) in the last 5 EPL seasons than Lukaku (85)....
Where are you getting these figures from?

I'm not saying they are wrong, but Wikipedia says 71 club goals in all comps for Lukaku over the last 5 seasons.

Also, it's not the case that only Aguero has scored more goals (99) in the last 5 EPL seasons than Lukaku, even assuming that 85 goals in the correct figure for the latter. Harry Kane has scored 94 goals (all competitions) in the last 3 seasons alone.

Mark McMaw

So whats going on here........... it felt like hed be in a united shirt by the weekend now all of a sudden the breaks seem to be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.