Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If you saw the colour then you're racist, not me. Utd desperately searching for lost glories in instant lesser club players. Under an overly defensive manager. Going for a big bully up front. I think the parallels don't need spelling out.

As for goalscoring, it's always harder in a team where the weight of expectation can break you. I await his goal scoring prowess when he is being booed like the other Everton striker you just had - and actually was world class once unlike Hes...Lukaku.
This post screams of someone who is really really bitter about Lukaku joining MUFC. He'll probably be crying himself to sleep tonight.
AND I LOVE IT!!! :D

TheReligion

Abusive
What would have happened if Ibra hadn't gotten injured? Would Mourinho still be in for him? I very much doubt it. Still think it's a panic buy.
Huh?

Pointless statement. Ibra did get injured. I'm glad the club haven't left us in limbo or gambled on an unproven entity.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I'd like whatever this guy is smoking.
No-one will pay £100m for him. Great player but no-one will pay that.
No one will pay that and it seems like he wants out - which means he will put pressure on Everton. In the end he will move for about 50-60m
Lol good luck selling that line to anyone
Its powderpuff talk. They will do well to get over 60M for him.

The likes of Drogba are openly teasing about knowing what's happening, it shows how much respect the player and his camp has for Everton.
100 million is just blowing smoke as per usual.

55-65 would be an acceptable price for him considering today's market. He's clinical and the league top scorer in a team that isn't a contender, fast, strong and still only 23, so whoever buys him, is paying for future potential as well.

On the other hand still rash, needs to improve his decision making and his first touch.
Yeah good luck getting £100 million for someone who doesn't want to be there on a contract slowly running down.
£50m would be reasonable, but £100m is just silly. Not even we are daft enough to pay anywhere close to that.
£100 Million ? :lol::lol::lol:
No way will Everton be getting £100 million for him he is not Brazilian Ronaldo ffs. Just them trying to bump up the fee as much as possible.
Never getting 100m

He's refusing to sign a contract and isn't even CL proven.

He'll go for around half that
£100M for lukaku? everton are out of their mind
If Everton stick to the 100m valuation, no club will go near him. They have to sell him this window or risk losing him for cheap next year. The player has also clearly mentioned he wants to leave.
They have no right to demand for 100m. Offer 50 at most, otherwise he goes for free next summer.
Welcome to reality guys.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What would have happened if Ibra hadn't gotten injured? Would Mourinho still be in for him? I very much doubt it. Still think it's a panic buy.
It's not a panic buy in the slightest. Zlatan got injured in April and it was clearly a bad injury so Jose probably made his mind up then to go for Lukaku who he sees as our long term striker even if Zlatan stayed or went. We couldn't rely on just Zlatan who would be returning from a serious injury.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah physique being a strong powerful black body, therefore some can only compare him with other strong black strikers.
No, being built like a brick house. I'm not going to pretend that race doesn't help with the comparison because it obviously does. But the fact that both are strikers with limited technical ability, poor first touches, powerhouse physicality etc also contributes to the comparison. It's not just a "he's black so that's racist".

I'm quite sure no one on the caf would have a problem if he was likened to Drogba. Infact I recall as a guest here no one really minded the comparison when he was 19. Suddenly he's likened to Heskey and its racist.

acnumber9

If you saw the colour then you're racist, not me. Utd desperately searching for lost glories in instant lesser club players. Under an overly defensive manager. Going for a big bully up front. I think the parallels don't need spelling out.

As for goalscoring, it's always harder in a team where the weight of expectation can break you. I await his goal scoring prowess when he is being booed like the other Everton striker you just had - and actually was world class once unlike Hes...Lukaku.
When did this booing happen?

Oscie

Why not just pretend Rooney is valued at £100m and say:

OMG £200M TRANSFER PROBABLY ALL PAID UP FRONT IN PENNIES!!!!!!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
75m plus 15m add ons plus Rooney valued at around 10 million is the reported deal is it not ?
Who's valuing Rooney at 10m? Everton can keep on valuing Rooney higher to make themselves feel better.

Enigma_87

You know who
75m plus 15m add ons plus Rooney valued at around 10 million is the reported deal is it not ?
It's 75. Rooney we have to pay to get him off our wage bill. One transfer has nothing to do with the other apart from smoothing negotiations.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
It's 75, mister ;)

Edit: Rooney is bollocks, no one else would take him.
Either 90 million or 100 million then. Either way it is 'around' 100 million.

I'm happy. You lot should be happy. The people i qouted should be but they will be to stubborn.

cyberman

No, being built like a brick house. I'm not going to pretend that race doesn't help with the comparison because it obviously does. But the fact that both are strikers with limited technical ability, poor first touches, powerhouse physicality etc also contributes to the comparison. It's not just a "he's black so that's racist".

I'm quite sure no one on the caf would have a problem if he was likened to Drogba. Infact I recall as a guest here no one really minded the comparison when he was 19. Suddenly he's likened to Heskey and its racist.
Because he has the potential to be as good as Drogba perhaps?
The fact you're accepting comparisons to both Drogba and Heskey are acceptable shows how racist it is.
Imagine comparing Kane to Shearer and Beattie to see how ridiculous it sounds.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
We need a midfielder to free up Pogba (Fabinho/Dier), and a winger to compete with Martial/Rashford/Mkhitaryan. Perisic makes sense. Play him as first choice left wing, and it allows for Rashford's development to continue as it should (without overarching pressure to be the main man at 20).

Obligatory muppet fantasy XI:

--------------De Gea
Valencia--Bailly--Lindelof--Shaw
----Fabinho--Herrera--Pogba
Mkhitaryan--Lukaku--Perisic

Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, TFM, Tuanzebe, Fellaini, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Rashford, Martial, etc as backup, depending on who we keep/sell.

Rashford and Martial occupy the Ronaldo/Rooney slots of our '04/05 squad, though neither is likely to feature as much, or have an impact anywhere near comparable. But each can play across all three forward positions, with Mata competing for the wide roles, or playing as a 10 if we go 4231. We're not close to that level, but we're getting there, provided we continue on the course we've set out on since Jose's arrival.

We've removed Rooney, Zlatan, and, in all likelihood, one of Jones/Smalling and Januzaj from the wage bill (as well as Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin last season). I doubt Perisic, Lukaku, Fabinho/Dier and Lindelof combined would earn half of what we've shipped out over the last year (pure speculation of course).

Anyway, assuming we do persevere with Shaw, and buy Fabinho/Perisic, the average age of that above muppet fantasy XI would be 25 (or thereabouts), making it the youngest starting XI in the league (we also, on average, had the youngest starting XI in the league last season, yet people relentlessly complain about signing a 28 year old winger as if it would somehow render the rest of our squad geriatric).

That's a title winning team if Shaw can play to his potential, otherwise we either persevere with Darmian as the defensive LB, or invest in a new LB.

prtk0811

Welcome to reality guys.
Its 75 m plus add ones, Plus everton actually valued rooney at 10 m with taking his wages 30 m for 2 years from united away. Although rooney might agree to lower wages at everton but his image rights remains with him.

And who knows what the add ones are?

cyberman

We're letting him go on a free so we don't have to pay most of his wages for you. It's really not worth the hassle.
The fact he's on a free tells you his value. He's free.

Dash247

This might come as a stupid question but how and when did Pogba and Lukaka became friends? I saw Pogba's instagram with Lukaku.

Skills

Snitch
This might come as a stupid question but how and when did Pogba and Lukaka became friends? I saw Pogba's instagram with Lukaku.
Same agent. Pretty sure all the Liverpool/Everton/United/City players live around the same area too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he has the potential to be as good as Drogba perhaps?
The fact you're accepting comparisons to both Drogba and Heskey are acceptable shows how racist it is.
Imagine comparing Kane to Shearer and Beattie to see how ridiculous it sounds.
I'm not accepting any comparisons. I never compare players in that fashion tbh. Just saying he was compared to Drogba and no one had an issue with it. I'm sure there are other strikers he could be compared to. I don't think it's racism as such as other factors go into the comparison. Calling Sturridge another Heskey when he moved to Liverpool would be racist, I'd get that. But there are clearly other factors in lukakus comparison outside of race that are factored in.

TheReligion

Abusive

I'm happy. You lot should be happy. The people i qouted should be but they will be to stubborn.
I'm happy just not excited as such. Often the case with internal PL transfers though.

I'm not sure why you are manipulating the price though. It's 75m. There's add ons too, which we will find out more about, but it's certainly nothing like 100m.

prtk0811

By the way why is koeman willing to pay rooney? And what's in it for everton to get rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.