5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

I don't mean to be harsh on him, and I hope he proves me wrong, but I've seen nothing whatsoever to be excited about with him. Hope he gets a loan next year and gets regular games so we can get a better idea of his level.

Roboc7

Works hard and offers a physical presence but his ability on the ball is nowhere near good enough. We are short of options in the short term but long term I would hope we are going to be playing midfielders who can use the ball a lot better.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm a fan. He's got elements to his game that he needs to improve on quite significantly, but he never looks fazed, never afraid...totally committed.

When he's knocked down he goes straight back up. Gets on with it. His mentality appears absolutely first class.

Kag

Getting on the back of a 21 year old trying his best (Carrick and Matic could take note) amidst relentlessly poor football seems a little... unfair?

mav_9me

I don't mean to be harsh on him, and I hope he proves me wrong, but I've seen nothing whatsoever to be excited about with him. Hope he gets a loan next year and gets regular games so we can get a better idea of his level.
I think we already know.

AngliaRed

I'm a fan. He's got elements to his game that he needs to improve on quite significantly, but he never looks fazed, never afraid...totally committed.

When he's knocked down he goes straight back up. Gets on with it. His mentality appears absolutely first class.
I’m sure Mike Tyson wouldn’t look affraid and gets up when knocked down but that doesn't mean he’s good enough to start for a United first team.

He has done nothing to warrant his place in this side this season. Hopefully gets a gokd year on loan next season abd come back much improved.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m sure Mike Tyson wouldn’t look affraid and gets up when knocked down but that doesn't mean he’s good enough to start for a United first team.

He has done nothing to warrant his place in this side this season. Hopefully gets a gokd year on loan next season abd come back much improved.
That's extremely harsh IMV. Mind, Tyson isn't a footballer. I think McTominey has done better than what most could have expected and I expect him to keep progressing given the excellent belief Jose's obviously got in him.

Silas

Contributes nothing offensively tbh. I'm assuming he's meant to be the most advanced CM, with Carrick behind him and Matic, but he doesn't really suit that role.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I agree with this. No need to rule him out, hes still inexperienced and may have more to his game but a loan out to the Championship/PL would help both parties.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
So his best aspects seem to be he gets back up when knocked down and he tries hard. Perfect, forget actually being good at football. Get Hamilton into first team training and he'll be better.

AngliaRed

That's extremely harsh IMV. Mind, Tyson isn't a footballer. I think McTominey has done better than what most could have expected and I expect him to keep progressing given the excellent belief Jose's obviously got in him.
Of course I’m joking with Tyson! I’m just trying to say Mctominay isn’t good enough at the moment for us, sure he’ll develop and improve but as do many others I dont think he’s ready yet.

dogwithabone

I’ve not seen him do anything of note, not just in this game but ANY game. I’m struggling to see what he brings to the team.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So what did you happy bunnies think about Lingard at the same age?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He was easily better. This comparison is always trotted out but the thing is Lingard was a highly rated youth player coming through. McTominay has always been bang average at best. He's lucky he's come through with shit like Redmond and haven't had a proper CM in the youth since Pearson.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Midfield three of Carrick, McTominay and Matic is so underwhelming. Carrick should have retired last season latest and we should have been buying a young midfielder like we did with Powell back in the day.

McTominay for me has nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest he will be any useful for the team which should compete with Barcelona or Real Madrid. He's a fighter, okay, nothing against the lad, his attitude is great but that's just not enough. He's average at everything. I'd say he was outperformed by the vast majority players even in academy. We should be giving the precious game time to the more talented. It is a really strange pick.

And Matic, I am sorry, he's a good addition but some people go overboard with new players. He was very very good indeed at the beginning of the season but we played some poor teams and the team was fresh but he should be rotated with Herrera much more. I don't think he's even better than him. We get overrun by every big team and struggle a lot away from home with literally every team.

Let's hope Pogba and Herrera are back soon and the letter gets more gametime

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Of course I’m joking with Tyson! I’m just trying to say Mctominay isn’t good enough at the moment for us, sure he’ll develop and improve but as do many others I dont think he’s ready yet.
Fair enough! If we acquire 2 midfielders in the summer I can see a loan move for him, but wouldn't surprise me if he continues to get games for us.

dogwithabone

Even just then he had to only make a straightforward pass and we were in but he got dispossessed too easily.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He was easily better. This comparison is always trotted out but the thing is Lingard was a highly rated youth player coming through. McTominay has always been bang average at best. He's lucky he's come through with shit like Redmond and haven't had a proper CM in the youth since Pearson.
It's less than half a year since people on here were complaining constantly about him.

JoaquinJoaquin

Not everyone is a late developer like Lingard. For every one of him there is a Cleverley or Gibson. And to be fair to Lingard, at least he went out on loan to the Championship first and looked decent in that league.

daizi88

If a youth player is not good enough then give another one a chance. What exactly does this guy do?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will only get better. We should keep him. Great talent.
Well that is the thing that bugs me. In each of pereira, tuanzebe, gomez, tfm you can see something special . What talent did you notice in mctominay? Is he quick? Extra creative? Good in tackling ? Good in passing?
Don't get me wrong. I would be over the moon if he becomes new carrick or new scholes but i can't see what is special in that kid.

Steven7290

Well that is the thing that bugs me. In each of pereira, tuanzebe, gomez, tfm you can see something special . What talent did you notice in mctominay? Is he quick? Extra creative? Good in tackling ? Good in passing?
Don't get me wrong. I would be over the moon if he becomes new carrick or new scholes but i can't see what is special in that kid.
composure (for his age), positionally and tactically sound. I know these aren't things that get people excited but invaluable asset as a midfielder.

podurban2

Looked really good in this half tbh, seems to have understood his role and slotted in with Matic and Carrick.

JoaquinJoaquin

composure (for his age), positionally and tactically sound. I know these aren't things that get people excited but invaluable asset as a midfielder.
No offence to your post, but what is 'composure' and being 'tactically sound' going to get you when you come up against the top teams? Could argue Cleverley and Gibson had those traits aswell, but weren't good enough.

Distracted Steward

What is he naturally? He’s not good enough to take his preferred spot on merit, but he’s good enough to get into the squad. That seems to put him where he fits into the match day squad, but not necessarily into the position he beat fits.

What do y’all think that would naturally be?

By the way, I can see some of what Ferguson sees in him and why Mourinho has trusted him. Seems well heeled and someone that is willing to work his way through.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No offence to your post, but what is 'composure' and being 'tactically sound' going to get you when you come up against the top teams? Could argue Cleverley and Gibson had those traits aswell, but weren't good enough.
Having those two qualities are absolutely vital against top sides.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think he’ll become a solid premier league level player. I don’t see him ever being good enough to be a first 11 player for a top side though.

Tapori

He foll
He is like a midfield factory squad PC. Jose can install whatever operating system and programs onto his chipset and McTominay will execute those instructions. Do not underestimate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.