Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

Shite mistake, but the goal wasn't entirely on him. Apart from that I think he's been alright.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The goal is not on him for me. It's either Newcastle's good counter or our transition in defence that fecked it up. Yedlin is crossing, Martial is nowhere near him, no central midfielder is anywhere near him, Young isn't there either, Smalling goes to the left handside and Lindeloef has to cover for him, being the only defender in the box anyway.

Man-United

Total overreaction. He slipped, shit happens. Matic let Gayle run free into the box without a care.
Exactly. I have probably been one of his biggest critics here but I don't fault him for that. Those things can happen. Think he's been fine apart from that slip. More confident.

IMakeThingsUp

I can happily admit he's been shit for UTD in the past. But giving him the full blame for this goal makes me wonder if the people posting here have ever played themselves?

vibe

It's not just the goal that concerns people, though. He's had 9 appearances for us and in 9 out of 9, he has been by far and away our worst player.

There is nothing in him that even hints at Manchester United quality.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Get a grip.
Or maybe those ready to jump on his back should? Young couldnt even be bothered to defend during the goal. And did Smalling have short term loss of vision? Yedlin was a million yards from him and in the blink of an eye was 5 yards clear of Smalling. The hate is ridiculous especially when others are to blame for their goal.

And how the hell can one conclude hes nervous from a slip?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's bit embarassing that he slipped, but nothing he could do anyway, Young, Smalling, Pogba, Matic were all more at fault there. Pogba just stopped tracking back for no reason.

Martial

It is not a coincidence that every time Lindelof plays we become a shambles at the back.

It should be 2-2... We hadn't conceded a goal at Old Trafford since April till today.

Sir Roi de Muppeterre

Total overreaction. He slipped, shit happens. Matic let Gayle run free into the box without a care.
Matic was the main culprit. Matic has been terrible since Pogba got injured. Herrera has been the scapegoat for him but since he isn't on pitch, we need someone else to blame.

That said, Lindeof could have done something to make up for Matic's error if he hadn't slipped.

Jagga7

He's actually pretty good win the ball. I think he should start for us; Jones, Smalling and Bailly are dreadful with the ball.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Keeping up his run of being responsible for every goal we’ve conceded with him on the pitch.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A better midfielder than defender. I don't think he should ever play in a back-4 he needs two CBs around him to clean up for his positioning.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Matic was the main culprit. Matic has been terrible since Pogba got injured. Herrera has been the scapegoat for him but since he isn't on pitch, we need someone else to blame.

That said, Lindeof could have done something to make up for Matic's error if he hadn't slipped.
Matić? What about Martial and his fullback escaping him while he's not bothered to track back?

Pogbasky

He's actually pretty good win the ball. I think he should start for us; Jones, Smalling and Bailly are dreadful with the ball.
Jones and Bailly are dreadful with the ball? Which Jones and Bailly do you watch mate??? :confused::confused::confused:

Member 5225

So his backpasses are ok?
His slip - meh.
His crazy back header the other week that made us concede a goal.

Let's not pretend he isn't being criticised based on nothing.
Just a bit of tough love to make him stronger etc.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is trying guys.. he slipped. Don't tear him into a new one for someone else's fault.

RedDevil95

Harsh to blame the goal on Lindelof. There were four Newcastle players in the box. Young was caught out of position which meant Smalling was attracted to the left side and Lindelof had to come over and was outnumbered. You could give more blame to Young and Smalling for the goal. However, they both combined to put us 2-1 up.

Art

Art the artist
He just needs to believe in himself and his ability. Always seems so afraid when on the ball except for that cross to lukkaku which was genuinely a very good chance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Which one of the 3 can actually make quick forward passes?? I don't see it.
Well ‘quick forward passes’ is a midfielder’s job. Jones, Rojo and Bailly are all comfortable centre halves on the ball.

Mike09

The goal or the slip aren't the only issue. If he had a good game apart from that slip that's fine but he's been all over the place in this game. Poor positioning, couldn't read the game well and loves to pass it backward. Even some of his passings earlier in the game were a bit shaky. Take off the slip moment he still has a shocking game. The score 2-1 at the moment but I'm so nervous right now whether we can make sure not conceded anymore while he's on the pitch.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Goal looks worse on him in the replay. In real time it's just unlucky really, but it's really down to Pogba and Matic. Still, he just has the feel of an unlucky defender.

He's been poor but I don't really blame him for the goal. Players slip, it happens, but why was he marking three players on his own? That's why they scored.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keeping up his run of being responsible for every goal we’ve conceded with him on the pitch.
Certainly makes a glaring mistake every game.
That has got to stop immediately, or he won't last much longer.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
Tough partners to shine with today considering the defense unit as a whole look really shaky but i dont think he has been good either. Hopefully the nerves will settle and he can show his game a bit more.

binary bot
He was at fault in previous matches but I can't put too much blame on him for the goal, it's just shite luck. Gerrard + Terry esque.

kaiz

The Newcastle's goal was barely his fault and he made a great pass to Lukaku. That is the advantage of having a passer in defense. The opposition can't always press them and one pass can break down the deadlock. All top teams have it. But he still need to massively improve his defensive side and luckily it's Mourinho's specialty.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What's up with him standing clueless on the pitch with the ball right in front of him and another of our players swooping in to make the pass on his behalf. Saw that happen a coupe of times already.
As far as the goal is concerned, he was at fault as much as Smalling and Matic and you would have let him off had this been a one off mistake. But this is more of a habit and needs to be addressed with him playing some games with the U23s to build confidence

worldinmotion66

The goal or the slip aren't the only issue. If he had a good game apart from that slip that's fine but he's been all over the place in this game. Poor positioning, couldn't read the game well and loves to pass it backward. Even some of his passings earlier in the game were a bit shaky. Take off the slip moment he still has a shocking game. The score 2-1 at the moment but I'm so nervous right now if we can make sure not conceded anymore while he's on the pitch.
His positioning has been fine, that's just a lazy criticism without justification. He's decent on the ball and would look much more comfortable alongside anyone but Smalling. He has the makings of a top centre back and I believe the critics will be eating their words in a year or two. The criticism is really over the top right now, and I'll defend him like I defended De Gea through his tough introduction. It's not just a new team but a new lifestyle and culture that must take time to adapt to. Give him a chance.

Kamprad

What's up with him standing clueless on the pitch with the ball right in front of him and another of our players swooping in to make the pass on his behalf. Saw that happen a coupe of times already.
As far as the goal is concerned, he was at fault as much as Smalling and Matic and you would have let him off had this been a one off mistake. But this is more of a habit and needs to be addressed with him playing some games with the U23s to build confidence
Just to keep the flow and most often he let Pogba or Matic do the pass. Nothing wrong with that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Get a grip.
So the team leave a 22 year old ball playing cb alone with 4 Newcastle forwards and its his fault that Newcastle scored? What were the older heads at the back doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.