Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

podurban2

He’s actually scared of the ball, I saw this in the Sweden game as well, when a ball is shot close to him he flinches. Fecking turd.

Denis79

What the actual feck is happening every time he puts on a United shirt. He managed to stay cool in 180 minutes against Italy, but cant stand 15 against Newcastle.

This is insane!!!!
Sweden played hyper defensive in those games, he had 4-5 players shielding the back 4. Isn't to hard to look good then.

Canuckred64

Amazing how poor he is in the premier, he looks good for Sweden and he played well at Benfica. Must be a mental thing, or the system, wouldn't think it was the quailty of the opposition.

Quizierda

And people were laughing at Citeh for signing Stones..
Even Mangala would do better than this guy!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Only joy I can take from this is that surely Mourinho's patience will be over now.

The guy makes Klavan and Lovren look like top PL cb's, it is fecking horrendous.

Baxter

Matic has to take some of the responsibility on the goal. Didn't follow Gayle in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Smalling and Young are playing like teenagers and he's getting the blame

Coxy

And people were laughing at Citeh for signing Stones..
Even Mangala would do better than this guy!
And look how Stones plays now. His manager has moulded him into a good player. It just takes time with youngsters

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He’s fecking awful, I said a few weeks ago that I never want to see him in a United shirt ever again and I stand by my word.

Worst CB we have ever seen at OT playing for us.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Smalling and Young are playing like teenagers and he's getting the blame
This is worth noting - Smalling had about 3 yards on Yedlin, but let the ball past him, couldn't put in a challenge and was out of position in the middle (hence the 3 on 2 in the box).

But there is a pretty serious correlation of goals condeeded with Lindelof in there versus without.

IMakeThingsUp

I seriously don't get why he is blamed for the goal? He does not impress with his passing skills or anything else so far but I feel he is being wrongfully blamed for the goal. What is he supposed to do?

Castia

One of our worst ever signings and I’m not exaggerating. £30m for a bag of shit defender.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
It’s not just the mistakes it’s his cowardice, Smalling has to be the ball player in defence ffs

Edit: and he goes and does that :lol: More of that please.

JoaquinJoaquin

The goal was arguably as much Smalling fault as he has been skinned a few times and Lindelof was running over to cover him.

Neuron

Am I the only one who thinks he'd be a much better Deep Laying Playmaker, similar style to Carrick, than he is a CB?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Am I the only one who thinks he'd be a much better Deep Laying Playmaker, similar style to Carrick, than he is a CB?
He's barely been able to pass it forward 5 yards and you want to use him as a DLP?

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Sweden played hyper defensive in those games, he had 4-5 players shielding the back 4. Isn't to hard to look good then.
Well these are mistakes, nervous mistakes that he never does when he plays for Sweden. Different thing than just regular bad defending. He looks terrified.

Minimalist

I wish he was my biggest concern in this match. Some real systemic problems on show today.

Kamprad

Not sure you can put the goal on him. Even if he stays on his feet, I don't think he's reaching that ball.

More blame should be on Young/Matic for letting the full back waltz straight past them, despite having 3 players around him.

That said, his much lauded 'passing range' has been non-existent, and he's idiotically standing 20 yards to deep in his own half, meaning we can't come forward. I assume that's instruction, but he and Smalling are the opposite of an outlet at the moment.
Sorry to say that it is his ball. He should've stayed on his feet and cleared that ball. Feel so sorry for him. He is a good player but his confidence level in United is just getting worse and morse.

IMakeThingsUp

Sorry to say that it is his ball. He should've stayed on his feet and cleared that ball. Feel so sorry for him. He is a good player but his confidence level in United is just getting worse and morse.
He wouldn't have been able to reach it even if he kept on his feet. He was left alone.

Mike09

I hope Jose sub him off at half time. We can't take another risk to conceded another goal and lose a 3 points at Old Trafford.

El Pasillo

Man, some people in this thread are fecking harsh towards Lindelöf.

The guy was really unfortunate for that slip, which can happen to anybody in fairness...

However, I'd put the blame on Pogba and Matic as neither of them were arsed to track back when they saw Gayle's run.

You can see that sequence in the video-clip from below

https://imgtc.com/w/ZUSEV4O

Last edited:
Reactions: Varun

Baxter

Total overreaction. He slipped, shit happens. Matic let Gayle run free into the box without a care.

Ljungster

Some of you guys need to get a grip.... He slipped when trying to turn around to clear the ball.. The blame on that goal is on Matic and Young who lost the ball in a dangerous position

Status
Not open for further replies.