Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Not much wrong since the slip to be fair. Good distribution of the ball too for most of the match.

LJJT

Selected today cos we've got a lot of the ball and Smalling can't pass. He's done ok bar the slip considering it's only about his 5th game in an unsettled partnership it's just all about getting games and confidence. The slip is now not relevant

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is he really getting the blame? He slipped but he was trying to make 2 players and had to make the move when the ball was played.

prath92

Good today other than the slip though had he stayed on his feet it would probably have changed nothing

Andersons Dietician

Slips happen can’t blame him for that, but he was really good today. That pass to Lukaku as well. He and Smalling pushing forward and sitting in their half at times. That’s probably been the best performance all season.

pseudo_canadian

Yup. Pretty much a 6 or 7/10 performance. Wasn’t even his sole responsibility for the goal (harsh that it’s being thrown at him).
Yeah, I'd be more critical of Pogba and Matic lazily not covering the forward runners and leaving Lindelof and Smalling out to dry.

People are desperate to use him as a scapegoat. It's frustrating.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
You can't blame the slip on him. That goal was more down to Smalling and Young.

Zoo

I enjoyed his performance today. Looks more confident.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He was fine. Just needs to play more. He'll be fine. Would probably make a fine midfielder!

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, I'd be more critical of Pogba and Matic lazily not covering the forward runners and leaving Lindelof and Smalling out to dry.

People are desperate to use him as a scapegoat. It's frustrating.
Same I mean Pogba was great today but how can he watch 3-4 Newcastle players on the edge of our box and just keep casually jogging.

Werd.

Looks a handy player providing he can shake off the nerves.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
So the team leave a 22 year old ball playing cb alone with 4 Newcastle forwards and its his fault that Newcastle scored? What were the older heads at the back doing?
I agree. It's just silly to criticize him for that goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasn't bad today at all. Unlucky with the slip at the wrong time, but it happens. He's been highly rated for a while, so it's gonna take a bit to bed in the premier league but hopefully he comes good in time. Shows potential in Europe and when playing for Sweden.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The guy can’t catch a break

It’s obvious he is quite a nervous sort and that slip was just very unfortunate. But then after that he looked a bundle of nerves until we we scored. He was pretty much fine after that

Think it’s silly that people are calling for him to be sold already. He needs a proper chance to see if he can make it or not

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Disaster of a start but cruised comfortably through the rest of the game. Hopefully that builds his confidence and starts to show what he's really about.

el3mel

Good second half, but I'm finding it really hard to give him a pass for that fecking goal, really hard.

You know he has a mistake in him when you see him playing, unfortunately.

Paul_Scholes18

Good second half! Started poorly, but improved very clearly. Might be a positive that he can turn a game around for his confidence! He did the error, but came back from it!

Jazz

Good second half, but I'm finding it really hard to give him a pass for that fecking goal, really hard.

You know he has a mistake in him when you see him playing, unfortunately.
Just give the lad a chance. He needs the support.

el3mel

Just give the lad a chance. He needs the support.
Neither me nor you will affect him getting chances. He'll get it regardless. He improved as he gains confidence second half, but these silly mistakes really have to stop if he wants to make it here.

Jazz

Neither me nor you will affect him getting chances. He'll get it regardless. He improved as he gains confidence second half, but these silly mistakes really have to stop if he wants to make it here.
Oh for sure this has to happen. I believe it will as well, but he just needs a chance. The more he plays, the more the nerves will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.