Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

After creating a chance for Lukaku, I would have liked to see him build on that, perhaps attempt some more adventurous passes, drive forwards, but he went back to playing it safe.

poacher

Unless my eyes were deceiving me didn't he miss a tackle on Jonjo Shelvey in the second half in the penalty box? Shelvey slipped over which led to a goal kick but that could have easily led to a goal otherwise. Glad to see he had an ok game but still he was responsible for the first goal and that missed tackle in the second half could have cost another goal on a different day.

madzo2007

He was fine today, the slip could've happened to anyone and its happened to better players..... Gerrard :)

Hopefully he'll build on that and get more game time

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Newcastle didn't threaten after the 35th minute. Not sure how this makes it a good performance when he lost his footing the moment when it mattered. Maybe by his standards it is. Nothing outstanding for a Man United defender.

RedIke

Did alright for me. He's not going to win over the people who've already turned on him with one game, hell even one month. More time is needed. But today was a good step for him.

Cathy Ferguson

It was an improved performance but he still looks a bit shaky and could have done better for their goal. Main culprits were Pogba and Matic who left Lindlöf and Valencia with 4 Newcastle players in our box.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not easy coming in and out of the team. Ideally, he needs a run of games, with preferably the same partner. Unfortunately, you dont always get that chance.

In terms of today, I thought he was ok. Unfortunate to slip. Picked it up after that. Was impressed by his use of the ball. Created the same amount of chances as Pogba. His ball to Lukaku was great.

Sometimes I want to see him relax a bit, though. Doesnt always need to go with the striker. Left a gaping hole in defemce a few times.

All in all, like I said, he did ok.

Tribec

Reading some of the earlier comments in this thread from today's game and I'm shaking my head in disbelief. None of you saw Prunier or Mal Donkey I imagine if you are calling Lindelof the worse ever CB we've had. Even coming a bit nearer in time, lets not forget that Vida and Evra were useless awful buys from January through till the end of the first season with us. They didn't turn out badly did they?

As the game progressed today, his confidence grew and whilst it wasn't spectacular you can see he's a good defender and will make an excellent player for us, once he's settled and playing with more confidence than he's got, I can see him leap frogging Smalling, who is very similar but hasn't the distribution of Lindelof.

kotha

Some of the comments initially in this tread..:wenger: My god,talk about an over reaction..

I thought he played well enough for a new cb coming into the team.. Can take confidence into the next game and slowly build on it.. He should have had more cover from Smalling for the goal though..

Zoo

Newcastle didn't threaten after the 35th minute. Not sure how this makes it a good performance when he lost his footing the moment when it mattered. Maybe by his standards it is. Nothing outstanding for a Man United defender.
What did you make of Pogba today?

notcool

Supports
a
After creating a chance for Lukaku, I would have liked to see him build on that, perhaps attempt some more adventurous passes, drive forwards, but he went back to playing it safe.
Or the opportunity didn't present itself.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s not unusual for a defender to get off to a rocky start a new club, but everything points to it being sad signing, which is also not unusual.

Then again, go back to Rojo’s first few months and who’d have thought we’d end up missing him?

AshRK

Was really good after the mistake. He is good on the ball and I mean real good. With ZLATAN back, he may start really looking good.

Foxbatt

yes he grew in confidence as the game went on. He also did not just head the ball nilly willy. He always look to try and control the headers to someone. He will turn out to be a good player for us.

Halftrack

Unless my eyes were deceiving me didn't he miss a tackle on Jonjo Shelvey in the second half in the penalty box? Shelvey slipped over which led to a goal kick but that could have easily led to a goal otherwise. Glad to see he had an ok game but still he was responsible for the first goal and that missed tackle in the second half could have cost another goal on a different day.
Fairly sure it was Smalling that missed the tackle, as someone else said. And while his mistake played part in the goal, the brunt of the responsibility falls on Pogba and Matic for lazily jogging back, leaving Lindelöf to deal with three Newcastle players.

Nick7

That was Matić outside the box

Devil may care

The whole nback 4 started as wobbly as a lump of jelly in a belly dancers panties, but he settled into the game and rebounded well.

Strats

Get off his back, apart from his mistake he had his best performance for us.

RedCurry

I hate to get on one of our players’ back but every time his defensive ability is called upon in a game, I just never see him come out on top.

He’s a complete liability at the moment.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
For the best part of the second half we looked like defending with only 3 players. Smalling played in the center, Valencia right and Young left full back. Lindelof was somewhere there on the pitch but wasnt involved.

Im all for giving him time and that but so far he has cost us a goal everytime he played.

Kopral Jono

I hate to get on one of our players’ back but every time his defensive ability is called upon in a game, I just never see him come out on top.

He’s a complete liability at the moment.
Agreed. I'm baffled by those who think he had a good game today. At best he was average and that's just me being generous.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be fair to Lindelof he has stopped shitting himself whenever the ball goes over his head. He's improving at least.

AndyJ1985

He's not good enough. There's literally nothing about him that looks United quality. Nothing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Agreed. I'm baffled by those who think he had a good game today. At best he was average and that's just me being generous.
I thought he was piss poor. He was so conservative with the ball he made Smalling look like Beckenbauer.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
It's black magic. His ex-girlfriend is getting her sweet revenge on him. Seriously it's ridiculous that he's responsible for 3 goals in PL with only 3 appearances. What worries me is that these types of mistakes aren't the ones you'd expect to see from someone nicknamed 'Iceman'.

Ekeke

Leaves a lot to be desired defensively but made a couple of nice passes when we had the ball. Thats about what I saw from him before we signed him so its good he's settling in and finally showing something. Although it does beg the question why we would sign him when Blind could do this and did this better.

stepic

Nowhere near as bad as people are making out. He will come good. He was fine today.

Status
Not open for further replies.